Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28
Re: OT Guns N' Roses will reunite for Coachella and possible stadium tour
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 30, 2015 09:55

Any word if izzy is on board?

I've been lurking at mygnr.com, does anyone know 9f other gnr forums? Preferably focuses 9n the ad and uyi years and earler.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 30, 2015 10:16

MingSubu
Any word if izzy is on board?

I've been lurking at mygnr.com, does anyone know 9f other gnr forums? Preferably focuses 9n the ad and uyi years and earler.

Apparently Izzy refused, and Adler is seen as a liabillity.

Mathijs

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 30, 2015 10:49

24FPS

I saw the open for the Stones twice. The first night Guns and Roses blew those old men off the stage. (When most of the Stones were still in their forties!) The closing night it was the opposite.

I'd tend to believe you : the Stones really struggled to give a decent perf in L.A. during the SW tour. Only the very last show (Oct. 22) is good.

Date: December 30, 2015 10:50

A friend of mine played with Steven in Adler. A liability indeed..

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: December 30, 2015 11:09

Love this band.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 30, 2015 13:05

Hopefully Matt Sorum can fill in for Adler, as before. If Matt and Slash are onboard, probabaly Duff will as well?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 30, 2015 14:36

Surprising all the "founding members" wouldn't have been mentioned in that news flash, but then it's not official. Can't see why Duff wouldn't be on board since he played with Axl's GnR recently didn't he? Not sure about Matt Sorum though, didn't Axl refer to him as a "former employee" at some point? Well I guess he said worse things about Slash...Dizzy will certainly be around.

Would be nice to have Gilby Clarke around too, the "stonesiest" member. In 1992 at Vincennes he played a nice partial instrumental version of Wild Horses if memory serves. What a zoo that concert was, both in the audience and on stage! In his autobiography Joe Perry recalls that Slash was boozing heavily at the time...

Wonder what will happen to that CD follow-up album that's been mentioned as "finished" several times by former members (sorry can't keep track of their names) pretty recently. It was Dizzy actually : [loudwire.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-30 14:41 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 30, 2015 16:22

No Izzy, no GnR.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 30, 2015 16:31

The rumors have always been Axl, Slash and Duff. You will get all 3 of those. Izzy, Matt and Steven are up in the air. Most current rumors are now saying Matt, but thats very new. I hope thats true cause everything else was saying Axl's current drummer Frank Ferrer doing it which I hope is not the case. If not Steven, definitely Matt. Izzy, well we'll only know when its officially announced. But it'll definitely be 3 of the original 5, maybe all 5.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 30, 2015 16:35

Matt Sorum? I don´t like drummers without necks.

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: December 30, 2015 18:17

TooTough
No Izzy, no GnR.

Says it all!

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 30, 2015 18:23

TooTough
No Izzy, no GnR.

Agreed..... It's not GnR without him! They also don't sound as good without Steven Adler. Nothing worth seeing here......

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 30, 2015 19:18

It's going to be a "take the money and run" type of tour just like what Police did in 2007.
Sting and co. raked in an unexpected colossal amount back then so I'm sure it inspired other "legendary" acts from the 80's to do the same.

I'm confident Axl and Slash hate each others as much as Sting and Copeland did in 2007. >grinning smiley< I'm also confident they'll be the best of friends until the last stadium show is played late 2017... smoking smiley

Btw... they're rumored to demand EIGHT million dollar for their participation to Quebec's Amnesia Rockfest (yes that's for one gig not a one-week residency).

Mick, the gauntlet's been thrown down. You got to react! Ask 10M per night for the next tour!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: December 30, 2015 19:28

If Izzy would change his mind and join a possible tour I'd be a bit interested to see them in concert I guess.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 30, 2015 19:43

I will probably go see them if they come to town but would be in 100% if Izzy was in the fold... loved alot of his solo stuff

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 30, 2015 20:17

When not the orginal 5 are back in GNR, then it is like the reunited Van Halen ft. David Lee Roth, but without Michael Anthony.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 30, 2015 20:18

But maybe Guns 'N' Roses return as a 8-piece band with Axl - Slash - Duff - Izzy - Steven - Matt - Gilby - Dizzy.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 30, 2015 20:20

And to think that what split them up (according to Duff McKagan's memoir) was Slash leaving in his fury that Axl had put an outsider's guitar solo on...Sympathy for the Devil.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: December 30, 2015 20:23

TooTough
Matt Sorum? I don´t like drummers without necks.

ROFL, he's a good rock drummer though.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 30, 2015 21:07

Ladykiller
But maybe Guns 'N' Roses return as a 8-piece band with Axl - Slash - Duff - Izzy - Steven - Matt - Gilby - Dizzy.

THAT would be EXCELLENT!!!
cool smileythumbs up>grinning smiley<

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 30, 2015 22:12

The only "reunion" is Axl and Slash. No one else from Guns'N'Roses will be in the band, it will be Axl's band... with Slash.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 30, 2015 22:15

Kurt
Ladykiller

THAT would be EXCELLENT!!!
cool smileythumbs up>grinning smiley<

Don't forget Buckethead! A 9-piece band with a 10-piece chicken bucket (Axl gets 2 pieces!).

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: December 30, 2015 22:21

Pass. If it were the original 5, or even the 5 that recorded Use your Illusion albums (if Adler is indeed a liability) then I'd be interested. This is just a pathetic last ditch cash grab for 2 guys who have no more cards to play.

I don't mind bands touring for the money. I was well aware that the Police Tour was a cash grab when I bought my ticket. But I still enjoyed the hell out of that show! It was obvious, because this reunion only occurred once Sting's solo career was no longer successful. He had that Ace in the hole, and he played it to much success.

I also would've paid good money for a Pink Floyd or Led Zep reunion mega-tour, even though the intentions would be obviously to generate as much money as possible.

Date: December 30, 2015 22:30

podiumboy
Pass. If it were the original 5, or even the 5 that recorded Use your Illusion albums (if Adler is indeed a liability) then I'd be interested. This is just a pathetic last ditch cash grab for 2 guys who have no more cards to play.

I don't mind bands touring for the money. I was well aware that the Police Tour was a cash grab when I bought my ticket. But I still enjoyed the hell out of that show! It was obvious, because this reunion only occurred once Sting's solo career was no longer successful. He had that Ace in the hole, and he played it to much success.

I also would've paid good money for a Pink Floyd or Led Zep reunion mega-tour, even though the intentions would be obviously to generate as much money as possible.

From my understanding, The Police's tour was a decent version of the band. If Zep had decided to tour it would've been incredible, at least based on CELEBRATION DAY and reviews about that show.

I can't speak for Pink Floyd since Rick Wight died, making it even less Pink Floyd than ever before, but it most likely would've been stellar IF Roger Waters would've been able to not turn into a little whining boy and not use studio recordings for vocals.

There's nothing wrong with them making the money - as long as they deliver. That's been a bone of contention with Stones fans, as I would think a few fans are aware, over the last 10 years or so - they've charged waaayyyyyyy too much for what they've delivered, especially on the BANG tour, which was, to my ears, a complete waste of money for any Stones fan.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 30, 2015 22:40

Axl Rose will be on Jimmy Kimmel on Tuesday
Likely answer all the line-up questions etc..

So far Axl, Slash and Duff are known to be officially on-board...

Date: December 30, 2015 23:06

I wasn't aware that Duff was going to be playing. Always liked his playing.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: December 31, 2015 10:13

MisterDDDD
Axl Rose will be on Jimmy Kimmel on Tuesday
Likely answer all the line-up questions etc..

So far Axl, Slash and Duff are known to be officially on-board...

thumbs up

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 31, 2015 12:01

TooTough
No Izzy, no GnR.

+1

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 31, 2015 15:39

Wonder how Axl's vocals are going to be. He has been sounding a little Mickey Mouse in the past few years.

Funny reading some of the GN'R forums. They talk about Axl's rasp, like some do Taylor's vibrato.grinning smiley

Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 31, 2015 15:47

TooTough
No Izzy, no GnR.

No Jones, no Stones

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home