Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 22, 2015 23:55

DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
I think it was the rather arrogant fanboy approach to Mick Taylor Max reacted upon. I can see he hasn't lost his touch.

As long as people post stuff like "the band is clearly better with Taylor", "the music must prevail", "only Taylor fans put the music first" you are pissing on the rest of the board (the majority).

That's why people are calling 6-7 of the Taylorites a cult.

Drop the arrogance, skip the unnecessary comparisons and lose the bitterness. Then this thread and imo the whole board will become a better place.

And Max is a good guy. He's been posting here since the 90s. One of the best posters around. NOT a troll.

No, you, Dreamer and this idiot are the ones calling Taylorites a cult. Over and over again.

I have never used those words, but have a look over at the MT-thread now.

You may not have used the word cult but that is the sense in which you always refer to Taylorites (a term I use purely for convenience, btw). I don't want to start this up again because you're obviously a good bloke and one of the people that makes this board what it is, but I wish you were a bit more even-handed in your approach to all this stuff. It's amazing to me that you can read the reams and reams of vile personal abuse dished out in this thread and others by posters like Dreamer and Leonioid/Max'sKansasCity and then in all seriousness tell Taylorites to 'lose the bitterness'.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 22, 2015 23:59

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
I think it was the rather arrogant fanboy approach to Mick Taylor Max reacted upon. I can see he hasn't lost his touch.

As long as people post stuff like "the band is clearly better with Taylor", "the music must prevail", "only Taylor fans put the music first" you are pissing on the rest of the board (the majority).

Drop the arrogance, skip the unnecessary comparisons and lose the bitterness. Then this thread and imo the whole board will become a better place.

And Max is a good guy. He's been posting here since the 90s. One of the best posters around. NOT a troll.

No, you, Dreamer and this idiot are the ones calling Taylorites a cult. Over and over again.

You may not have used the word cult but that is the sense in which you always refer to Taylorites (a term I use purely for convenience, btw). I don't want to start this up again because you're obviously a good bloke and one of the people that makes this board what it is, but I wish you were a bit more even-handed in your approach to all this stuff. It's amazing to me that you can read the reams and reams of vile personal abuse dished out in this thread and others by posters like Dreamer and Leonioid/Max'sKansasCity and then in all seriousness tell Taylorites to 'lose the bitterness'.

I dont know about anyone elses posts but please direct everyone to where I posted "reams and reams of vile personal abuse dished out".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 00:01 by Leonioid.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 22, 2015 23:59

Clapton wanted to play JJ Cale tunes and sing his own stuff, Beck was into progressive guitar oriented stuff. Neither would have EVER joined. I would be more interested in Harvey Mandel. Blues fans: check out Charley Musselwhite's Stand Back album. Mandel was unique amongst the 60's blues cats and then did Beck-style stuff. IMO, he would have been a highly interesting addition, but of course, he was behind Perkins (in Keith's pecking order) and he is American.

It had to be Wood at the time, and he's still there so I think that was the correct choice.

Date: May 23, 2015 00:21

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

I am just trying to explain why it is that people react.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 23, 2015 01:12

DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

I am just trying to explain why it is that people react.

Come on Dandie, you know better than that. And even if 'the taylorites' have those opinions you mention, so what? You have the right to disagree and so you do. You may dismiss the opinions of the taylorites and say the opposite. I'm sure none of them would feel insulted. So childish ... Btw it's rather the other way round: it are the trolls and the trolls in disguise who suffer from bitterness. You know exactly what I mean.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 23, 2015 01:50

Stoneburst
What the @#$%& is your problem? Your whole IORR persona is that of an aggressive, paranoid sociopath. You add nothing to this board and judging by most of your posts could probably do with professional help.

Commander Kleerie about the suppressive RS fans: "If this weren't true they wouldn't campaign here constantly, trying to destroy the thread by any means, and let the decent members just doing their thing here and leave them alone, shaking their heads with mild irony."

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 23, 2015 01:53

RollingFreak
Dreamer
How about this one:
"Anyway: that SF show they did would have been incredible and historical with Taylor included. Indeed, that would have meant a step back for Ronnie, but n the end the music must win!"
I get it: playing all songs of SF in one club gig for 950 people wasn't incredible and it wasn't historical because Taylor wasn't there...
That's how the Taylorology Church writes history. Maybe you guys call it going clear..?

F*ck you. No one's saying it wasn't historical in its own right. We're pointing out the extremely obvious fact of how much better it could have been had a key member of that album participated, when he's been participating with the band for the last 3 years. Its the irony and the craziness of the situation. No one's saying it wasn't an incredible momentous show because he wasn't there. Get a f*cking grip.

From commander Kleerie: "The aggressiveness of people like Dreamer c.s. is just food for psychologists. Or perhaps even more for psychiatrists."
"...and let the decent members just doing their thing here and leave them alone, shaking their heads with mild irony."

Date: May 23, 2015 02:00

Stoneburst
What the @#$%& is your problem? Your whole IORR persona is that of an aggressive, paranoid sociopath. You add nothing to this board and judging by most of your posts could probably do with professional help.

Stoneburst
...It's amazing to me that you can read the reams and reams of vile personal abuse dished out in this thread and others by posters like Dreamer and Leonioid...

hmmmm... maybe stonesburst was talking about himself regarding the the reams and reams of vile personal abuse being dished out? If not, I am still waiting ben.

I am still waiting for you to point out where I posted reams and ream of vile personal abuse... or maybe you should simply apologise for your overly emotional stonesoutburst, your rude comments and your false accusations.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:12

Everybody just cool out!

I think one thread for Stones fans that wish Taylor could add to the legacy once more to vent is fine.

I agree we should move past it in after-show reviews to save everyone time.

Ronnie is great. Mick Taylor is great too.
So the first guy, what was his name again?tongue sticking out smiley

Listen, some people are just dreamers.
Let 'em dream.

P.S. good to see Max back heresmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 02:20 by andrewt.

Date: May 23, 2015 02:14

andrewt

Bob?

;)

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:18

Leonioid
andrewt

Bob?

;)

Yeah, they better not attempt the Satanic Majesties deluxe edition tour without him, or I'm gonna be pissed!

Date: May 23, 2015 02:23

andrewt
Leonioid
andrewt

Bob?

;)

Yeah, they better not attempt the Satanic Majesties deluxe edition tour without him, or I'm gonna be pissed!
gufaww!! serously lol... Cheers!! :D

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:35

andrewt
Everybody just cool out!

I think one thread for Stones fans that wish Taylor could add to the legacy once more to vent is fine.

I agree we should move past it in after-show reviews to save everyone time.

Listen, some people are just dreamers.
Let 'em dream.

P.S. good to see Max back heresmileys with beer

Yes, let it end here. But its not forgotten who the long time thread destroyers are...nor the aliases used to come back on the previous We Want More Mick Taylor Please thread to post the most vile stuff [not you andrewt] Can't fool all the people all the time...

Date: May 23, 2015 02:42

I think a Taylor thread is great. I agree with Andrew.

Pissing on what other fans cherish, however, is not ok. The venting should never be pointed at other fans. It's not their fault that the Stones made their decision.

Date: May 23, 2015 02:56

SweetThing

Yes, let it end here. But its not forgotten who the long time thread destroyers are...nor the aliases used to come back on the previous We Want More Mick Taylor Please thread to post the most vile stuff [not you andrewt] Can't fool all the people all the time...

so.. let it end here... but first you would like to add a bunch more instigating, nasty, designed to destroy the thread, snide comments?

It had ended.
It was lighter and back to fun...
but you just felt compelled to say your things to keep it going, how sweet of you.

edit- and how nice that you chose that as your first post in 9 days... you come back to post that nasty stuff? Really?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 03:01 by Leonioid.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 23, 2015 03:04

Leonioid
SweetThing

so.. let it end here... but first you would like to add a bunch more instigating, nasty, designed to destroy the thread, snide comments?

It had ended.
It was lighter and back to fun...
but you just felt compelled to say your things to keep it going, how sweet of you.

Yeah, whatever Max...if the shoe fits...

Date: May 23, 2015 03:05

It is too bad taylor left the band, who knows what could have been.

I would love to see taylor use his recent Stones appearences to springboard higher than ever. i would love to see/hear him make a killer album digaital download (as the kids say) and then tour to promote it and sell 5 millions copies. That would be awesome.

Date: May 23, 2015 03:08

I imagine the Stones would have no problem and actually be thrilled if he played half his live sets using good ole Stones songs... esp off of Sticky Fingers... especially Cant you hear me knockin.

That would be a show I would not miss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 03:09 by Leonioid.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 23, 2015 06:38

Maybe it's me but couldn't MT just cameo on CYHMK ? As was done on the last tour with MR.
Win-Win

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 23, 2015 07:06

DoomandGloom
Maybe it's me but couldn't MT just cameo on CYHMK ? As was done on the last tour with MR.
Win-Win

And sit out on Sway and Moonlight Mile? eye popping smiley That would border on torture knowing he was backstage and not invited to play.

peace

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 23, 2015 12:20

71Tele
Someone needs to do one of those @#$%& "Downfall" parodies with the title: "@#$%& is told that Mick Taylor wasn't invited for the Sticky Fingers show."

(how on earth did you avoid being tossed into the banishment hoosegow?)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 23, 2015 13:15

Leonioid

Easy : MT would have taken control of the band as Keef was sinking into the bottom of heroin addiction.
He would imposed his compositions to the band (with the silent approval of Jagger) and instead of "Miss You" or SMU we would have gotten "Broken Hands" or "Giddy-Up".
By 1979 a normal Stones album would be comprised of 4 songs each lasting 10 to 12 minutes. smoking smiley

Date: May 23, 2015 13:19

dcba
Leonioid

Easy : MT would have taken control of the band as Keef was sinking into the bottom of heroin addiction.
He would imposed his compositions to the band (with the silent approval of Jagger) and instead of "Miss You" or SMU we would have gotten "Broken Hands" or "Giddy-Up".
By 1979 a normal Stones album would be comprised of 4 songs each lasting 10 to 12 minutes. smoking smiley
Giddy Up ;)

Date: May 23, 2015 15:10

Leonioid
dcba
Leonioid

Giddy Up ;)

I prefer Broken Hands and Giddy to Miss You and SMU (which I consider as very weak songs in the Stones catalogue) any time. Broken Hands rocks man:

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 23, 2015 15:32

gotdablouse
From the RS review [www.rollingstone.com]

The last Stones road trip included a guest spot for former guitarist Mick Taylor. His absence is particularly conspicuous considering the prominent role he played on Sticky Fingers, but the band managed to fully recreate most of those songs without missing a step. The one exception was the seven-minute epic "Can't You Hear Me Knocking." The Stones began with a grinding Richards riff, but then the guitars went soft and funky as the saxman Karl Denson took centerstage for a round of sultry, jazzy honking. Keyboardist Chuck Leavell played a rousing lead and Jagger shook a pair of maracas at the crowd, but guitars were nearly invisible for much of this beloved album cut. Taylor was missed.

It sounds like Ronnie didn't even try a solo on CYHMK, probably just as well given his previous attempts, I guess that's "some" consolation but still, what a friggin' missed opportunity, depriving themselves and the fans of that glorious moment.

So according to roller99 in the Fonda thread, Ronnie did indeed play a solo on CYHMK unlike what the RS review implied, but he apparently didn't try to replicate Taylor's solo...although roller99 says that anyone could do it, including himself ! So I'm not sure how reliable that first hand report from the front row is!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-23 17:52 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 23, 2015 15:47

Naturalust
DoomandGloom
Win-Win

And sit out on Sway and Moonlight Mile? eye popping smiley That would border on torture knowing he was backstage and not invited to play.

peace

That 3-song mini-set with MT as a guest would have been great with no complaints about more participation...and I would have a couple of high-priced concert tickets in hand...

Date: May 23, 2015 15:48

gotdablouse
gotdablouse

The last Stones road trip included a guest spot for former guitarist Mick Taylor. His absence is particularly conspicuous considering the prominent role he played on Sticky Fingers, but the band managed to fully recreate most of those songs without missing a step. The one exception was the seven-minute epic "Can't You Hear Me Knocking." The Stones began with a grinding Richards riff, but then the guitars went soft and funky as the saxman Karl Denson took centerstage for a round of sultry, jazzy honking. Keyboardist Chuck Leavell played a rousing lead and Jagger shook a pair of maracas at the crowd, but guitars were nearly invisible for much of this beloved album cut. Taylor was missed.

It sounds like Ronnie didn't even try a solo on CYHMK, probably just as well given his previous attempts, I guess that's "some" consolation but still, what a friggin' missed opportunity, depriving themselves and the fans of that glorious moment.

So according to roller99 in the Fonda thread, Ronnie did indeed play a solo on CYHMK unlike what the RS implied, but he apparently didn't try to replicate Taylor's solo...although roller99 says that anyone could do it, including himself ! So I'm not sure how reliable that first hand report from the fron row is!

Maybe omitting the solo on Knocking was a bow to Taylor, who knows. But I think they omitted it to avoid a comparison with Taylor's Knockings with the Stones.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 23, 2015 16:07

kleermaker
gotdablouse
gotdablouse

So according to roller99 in the Fonda thread, Ronnie did indeed play a solo on CYHMK unlike what the RS implied, but he apparently didn't try to replicate Taylor's solo...although roller99 says that anyone could do it, including himself ! So I'm not sure how reliable that first hand report from the fron row is!

Maybe omitting the solo on Knocking was a bow to Taylor, who knows. But I think they omitted it to avoid a comparison with Taylor's Knockings with the Stones.

Ah, well...the song has been reduced to tinkling piano keys, shaking maracas at the crowd and no solo...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 23, 2015 17:02

palerider22
Naturalust
DoomandGloom
Win-Win

peace

That 3-song mini-set with MT as a guest would have been great with no complaints about more participation...and I would have a couple of high-priced concert tickets in hand...
well you know what's next, posers like John Mayer, Dave Grohl and Gary Clarle will be guests for songs like CHMK that the guitar section can't manage.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 23, 2015 17:04

palerider22
kleermaker
gotdablouse
gotdablouse

Ah, well...the song has been reduced to tinkling piano keys, shaking maracas at the crowd and no solo...

Rather have a CL plink, plink version

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home