Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:43

DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
Looks like a Norwegian forest cat.

Here's mine smiling smiley

And he's called Charlie. Beautiful cat..winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 14:44 by LuxuryStones.

Date: May 21, 2015 14:44

You got that right. She's called Charlie winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 14:48 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:45

Awww, what a sweet face, DP. Love the little nick in his ear. smiling smiley

Date: May 21, 2015 14:48

It's actually a she, latebloomer. Before we knew the gender I got to decide the name. That was the condition for having a cat. So Charlie Watts it was smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 14:50 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:50

Who did you name it after? I wonder.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:58

Here's mine. He's a lazy slob called Ruby. You can guess his last name cool smiley

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:59

Hello Mr. Tuesday

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:17

LuxuryStones
Looks like a Norwegian forest cat.

and here's a Gunner's cat..

2 1 2 0

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:06

On my mind...as much as that club show seemed to be pretty good I'm still passed that MT wasn't part of the occasion. I suppose I'll get over it eventually...

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:19

Rolling Stones Street Fighting Man Live Cologne" Koln" 1973 rare

video: [www.tvplayvideos.com]

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:47

palerider22
On my mind...as much as that club show seemed to be pretty good I'm still passed that MT wasn't part of the occasion. I suppose I'll get over it eventually...

I myself don't care about that club show at all, let alone the upcoming stadium tour. I only have to think about Wood wrestling himself trough the Sway solos to be glad I wasn't there. Not to think about MM and Knocking and so on.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:52

Yes, I haven't seen a Wood CYHMK solo that didn't make me cringe...oddly enough his solo is not mentioned in the only thorough review currently available : [www.facebook.com] - it seems the sax solo was extended ?

Maybe it's just me but while I remember being quite emotional when I woke up to the LA3 setlist nearly two years ago to this day, this club one which was even more spectacular on paper doens't really do much for me. Now I wonder why :-(

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 16:53 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:57

gotdablouse
Yes, I haven't seen a Wood CYHMK solo that didn't make me cringe...oddly enough his solo is not mentioned in the only thorough review currently available : [www.facebook.com] - it seems the sax solo was extended ?

Maybe it's just me but while I remember being quite emotional when I woke up to the LA3 setlist nearly two years ago to this day, this club one which was even more spectacular on paper doens't really do much for me. Now I wonder why :-(

these are my thoughts too..its frustrating. and I don't mean to be a Ronnie Wood critic, or a basher..

its just not right that Mick Taylor is not playing these songs with them..

it just isn't.

Date: May 21, 2015 17:04

runaway

@runaway

It's not rare, there are several videos of it on YT. Besides it's not from Köln, but from Frankfurt.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 21, 2015 17:07

duke richardson
gotdablouse

these are my thoughts too..its frustrating. and I don't mean to be a Ronnie Wood critic, or a basher..

it just isn't.

Yep it would "mean" a lot more if he was there and it would make it a lot more "musical" but it works for them so why would they go through the trouble ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 21, 2015 17:13

It's ironic, isn't it? Stones doing a Sticky Fingers special without Mick Taylor. Like a slap in your face...

Date: May 21, 2015 17:13

gotdablouse
duke richardson
gotdablouse

it just isn't.

Yep it would "mean" a lot more if he was there and it would make it a lot more "musical" but it works for them so why would they go through the trouble ?

They seemingly feel comfortable this way and decided very quickly that MT couldn't be included, and it's fully understandable, because then this club gig and the stadium shows would have been totally different.

Anyway, we know now for sure that the whole 'sickness reason' was a bad joke. Mick T. seems to be really fine, biking around with his cat in springy Holland.

Date: May 21, 2015 17:17

kleermaker
runaway

@runaway

It's not rare, there are several videos of it on YT. Besides it's not from Köln, but from Frankfurt.

@kleermaker

Extra Pro Shot from Frankfurt I overlooked in the end part and I'm sure some here on IORR will enjoy it!

Date: May 21, 2015 17:30

runaway
kleermaker
runaway

@runaway

@kleermaker

Extra Pro Shot from Frankfurt I overlooked in the end part and I'm sure some here on IORR will enjoy it!

Yep, you're right. I always like watching it. smiling smiley

Date: May 21, 2015 17:33

kleermaker
runaway
kleermaker
runaway

@runaway

@kleermaker

Yep, you're right. I always like watching it. smiling smiley

@kleermaker

Thanks and I would like to see more Rotterdam 13th October 1973 footagesmiling smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 21, 2015 18:24

Someone needs to do one of those @#$%& "Downfall" parodies with the title: "@#$%& is told that Mick Taylor wasn't invited for the Sticky Fingers show."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 18:28 by 71Tele.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 21, 2015 18:28

Stoneage
It's ironic, isn't it? Stones doing a Sticky Fingers special without Mick Taylor. Like a slap in your face...

... but Matt Clifford. It's a mess, shameless ...

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 21, 2015 18:37

Stoneage

And all those songs from the Brian era they've been doing for years and years without him...your face must be a mess!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 18:42

"Let him play !"

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 21, 2015 19:06

Not just Sticky Fingers, when I heard they did All Down the Line last night, I couldn't help but think of Taylor and how much he could have added to the music. It's a bit bittersweet to realize they actually pulled off the SF show without him.

I'm glad they were hot and that the show was reportedly one of the best ever but it's definitely raining in a corner of my heart thinking about Mick Taylor and what could have been.

peace

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 21, 2015 19:06

Dreamer
Stoneage

And all those songs from the Brian era they've been doing for years and years without him...your face must be a mess!

Well, there's a slight difference there. Taylor recently toured with them for three years and would have been available for the gig.
And as oppose to Jones (for obvious reasons) he participated on the original album back in 1971.
Not to mention the fact that Jones is no longer with us...

Date: May 21, 2015 19:40

Naturalust
Not just Sticky Fingers, when I heard they did All Down the Line last night, I couldn't help but think of Taylor and how much he could have added to the music. It's a bit bittersweet to realize they actually pulled off the SF show without him.

I'm glad they were hot and that the show was reportedly one of the best ever but it's definitely raining in a corner of my heart thinking about Mick Taylor and what could have been.

peace

Now I'm missing StonesTod, with his evergreens 'best tour ever' and 'best show ever'!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 21, 2015 19:45

The real killer is that they brought him back and then didn't for this. If he hadn't played with them for years, this would be such a discussion. Its that he toured as a guest with them ALL tour the last 3 years, and was criminally underused. And I'll even give the Stones the fact that on the tour maybe he wasn't so much underused as he just didn't fit in. I don't believe that, but fine I'll let them have it.

Then, after 3 years of underusing him as a guest, you do a show where it wouldn't make all the sense in the world to NOT include him! Thats what really hammers the point home. There's no real logical reason after everything thats happened since 2012 that he couldn't and shouldn't have been a part of this. This is kind of the proverbial c*ck in their 3 year c*cktease. The fact that his minimal participation led to his complete LACK of participation here is... well... its just unexplainable, and it is frankly rather cruel. Cause none of us would have felt this way if they hadn't brought him back.

And I say this all being a very big fan of how the show last night turned out. But to not mention this is just lying to yourself.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 21, 2015 19:48

Nobody cares about the absence of MT at the Fonda show except us, the IORR "army" (that is a company or two of men and women in well-worn fatigue). grinning smiley

So what we think what we regret... Sir Mick would say "frankly my dear I don't give a damn!!"

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 21, 2015 20:01

sad sad day
to have Mick Taylor able and willing to play with the stones and they go and play this gig. tbh i think stones cover bands wouldv got this down better than the 'novelty event' stones. all style minimal substance now. but wow look at what they can do at that age yada yada yada

Massive missed opportunity.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home