Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 15, 2015 10:21

Yeah but it would have been great to have Taylor rehearsed with the band like a group on songs from their 1972 rep. And Ronnie nailing solos on shattered beast etc. And why not invite ollie brown on a new vers. of sftd and iycrm ampng others. And ffs let taylor have a go at worried. And turn up ronnie when hes playing rhythm fills etc. Force keith to interact with ronnie. Maybe he isnt allowed to play anything outside the box because of 2005-2007.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 16, 2015 11:10

What happens if Taylor, Keith and Nicky plays together? This happened.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 16, 2015 11:48

LuxuryStones

Imo this extended version proves that Taylor was the best soloist the Stones ever had. And Mick and Keith know it. winking smiley

He certainly was but the question is what do guitar heroes bring to a song?
Did "Satisfaction" or JJF require a lenghty skilful guitar solo to be great singles? No.
So yeah I think K&M used Taylor to the benefit of the songs. Let MT enhance them, yes. Let MT hijack them and use them to show his guitar skills? Never.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: May 16, 2015 12:30

Redhotcarpet
What happens if Taylor, Keith and Nicky plays together? This happened.

Quite nice you can almost hear Charlie coming in

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:39

dcba
LuxuryStones

Imo this extended version proves that Taylor was the best soloist the Stones ever had. And Mick and Keith know it. winking smiley

Did "Satisfaction" or JJF require a lenghty skilful guitar solo to be great singles? No.
So yeah I think K&M used Taylor to the benefit of the songs. Let MT enhance them, yes. Let MT hijack them and use them to show his guitar skills? Never.

Taylor was a very good 'storyteller'. The I'm free version and Taylor's guitar solo below are inseparable, if you have ears for it. That goes several (Taylor era) songs, especially live.
Studio popsong versions don't need an extended (guitar) solo per se, but on stage, that little extra, I love it.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 16, 2015 20:33

LuxuryStones
dcba
LuxuryStones

Taylor was a very good 'storyteller'. The I'm free version and Taylor's guitar solo below are inseparable, if you have ears for it. That goes several (Taylor era) songs, especially live. Studio popsong versions don't need an extended (guitar) solo per se, but on stage, that little extra, I love it.

It's even more than storytelling. Taylor also reflects the underlying moods of the songs, during the live shows at least. But one has to have an antenna for that. Few have, actually.

Date: May 16, 2015 20:40

kleermaker

It's even more than storytelling. Taylor also reflects the underlying moods of the songs, during the live shows at least

That, of course, was part of the occasion back in the days. Both on stage and in the studio.

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: May 17, 2015 07:54

LuxuryStones
dcba
LuxuryStones

Taylor was a very good 'storyteller'. The I'm free version and Taylor's guitar solo below are inseparable, if you have ears for it. That goes several (Taylor era) songs, especially live.
Studio popsong versions don't need an extended (guitar) solo per se, but on stage, that little extra, I love it.

I love this early '69 tour version. Slow and dreamy.

"Mr. Taylor, Mr. Taylor"

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 17, 2015 09:39

With the seemingly increased secrecy during and around the rehearsals maybe
Mick Taylor is involved afterall? From what I gather no one has heard a peep out of Taylor. Nah...fun to think about though!

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 17, 2015 16:50

swimtothemoon
Mick Taylor is involved afterall? From what I gather no one has heard a peep out of Taylor. Nah...fun to think about though!
Wouldn't that be a nice surprise! I wonder if an MT question will be allowed on that Twitter QandA....

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: May 17, 2015 17:44

Just sitting here enjoying coffee and wondering what a collaboration of Mick Taylor and Lisa Fischer would sound like? Sort of like the shows and albums he did with Carla Olsen? I am sure it would be really interesting!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 17, 2015 18:04

palerider22
swimtothemoon
Wouldn't that be a nice surprise! I wonder if an MT question will be allowed on that Twitter QandA....

I doubt they would be able to keep that secret, and why would they since it would move demand for tickets in the right direction and delight a certain group of Stones fans without any downside that I can think of. But, I've given up hope at this point.

I expect the twitter feed will have some questions about Taylor, of course they are allowed, just highly unlikely any of them will be chosen. A twitter interview is perfect for them, pick and choose the questions they want to answer, no curve balls or controversy. I'd guess most fans here would be able to answer the questions for them.

peace

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 17, 2015 18:23

Well...there is still hope that he could be a special guest. He should be...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:11

Naturalust
palerider22
swimtothemoon

I doubt they would be able to keep that secret, and why would they since it would move demand for tickets in the right direction and delight a certain group of Stones fans without any downside that I can think of. But, I've given up hope at this point.

I expect the twitter feed will have some questions about Taylor, of course they are allowed, just highly unlikely any of them will be chosen. A twitter interview is perfect for them, pick and choose the questions they want to answer, no curve balls or controversy. I'd guess most fans here would be able to answer the questions for them.

peace

well we know how that went, regarding any questions about Taylor...

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 19, 2015 21:46

I don't know if it's been posted, here you go:
The Rolling Stones -Gimme Shelter 1973 in Rotterdam

Date: May 19, 2015 22:07

@runaway

Maybe you like these videos from Rotterdam, because you were there, just like me, in 1973, on Saturday, Oct. 13

Date: May 19, 2015 22:46

kleermaker
@runaway

Maybe you like these videos from Rotterdam, because you were there, just like me, in 1973, on Saturday, Oct. 13

The Stones live I already listened to and is great, just listened the intro and looks the same Gimme Shelter, I would appreciate Mick Taylor and Billy Preston with a better sound recording. At the time I was just going for the Stones and did not care for the opener and can't remember either, it's some time ago and have seen a lot of concerts since besides The Stones.

Date: May 19, 2015 22:53

<At the time I was just going for the Stones and did not care for the opener and can't remember either.> Quote runaway

The same goes for me, alas! I didn't even realize Taylor was playing with Billy' band.

But you can enjoy it as yet, in great sound quality:

Date: May 19, 2015 22:57

kleermaker
<At the time I was just going for the Stones and did not care for the opener and can't remember either.> Quote runaway

The same goes for me, alas! I didn't even realize Taylor was playing with Billy' band.

But you can enjoy it as yet, in great sound quality:

Thanks I will have a listen tomorrow

Date: May 20, 2015 12:52

@kleermaker

I came down to see The Stones play with loud guitars and then there was this funkband opening I never heard off, If my memory serves me well there was division and noise in the audience at the time. Stew and Nicky Hopkins were my favourite piano players and I think Nicky was replaced by Billy Preston in the European tour for health reasons. After listening your audible I enjoy some of the funktracks.
What I find interesting Bobby Keys played in the Ahoy in Rotterdam the 13th if the clip and audible are accurate about the dates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 23:00 by runaway.

Date: May 20, 2015 13:16

I think they are accurate. I was there too, although I vaguely remember Taylor joining Preston. What I do remember is that the Stones played very loud.

Date: May 20, 2015 14:21

LuxuryStones
I think they are accurate. I was there too, although I vaguely remember Taylor joining Preston. What I do remember is that the Stones played very loud.

@Luxury:

Extremely loud in my memory. I couldn't hear for a while after the concert.

@runaway:

As for the Rotterdam video above: I did quite some research and am pretty sure the songs are from the mentioned shows. Quite some are from the Saturday 13 Oct. show, during which the audience was indeed making much noise. There was also quite some violence. I saw it myself (people running after each other with billiard cues) and Jagger even made a remark about it. During the Oct. 14 shows the audiences were much more quiet and relaxed.

Date: May 20, 2015 22:58

kleermaker
LuxuryStones

@Luxury:

Extremely loud in my memory. I couldn't hear for a while after the concert.

@runaway:

As for the Rotterdam video above: I did quite some research and am pretty sure the songs are from the mentioned shows. Quite some are from the Saturday 13 Oct. show, during which the audience was indeed making much noise. There was also quite some violence. I saw it myself (people running after each other with billiard cues) and Jagger even made a remark about it. During the Oct. 14 shows the audiences were much more quiet and relaxed.

@kleermaker thanks for the good info

@Luxury thanks as well

I remember driving home with the guitarssounds in my head

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 22:53 by runaway.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:04

Date: May 21, 2015 14:09

Looks like a Norwegian forest cat.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:20

I don't know cats but it looks like a raccoons tail. This is dangerous MT and cats on a thread on the internet. This could go viral or at least start a hell of a fight on IORR.

Date: May 21, 2015 14:25

Let's make it musical then:

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:27

LieB

Great to see Mick seems to be doing fine. Now we know it's his own page for sure.

Date: May 21, 2015 14:32

LieB

MT does look healthy to me. But who am I, Mick ank Keith are the real doctors, aren't they?

He's even biking, and the environment looks very Dutch. The cat is just a nice Dutch house cat imo. Good to have Mick in the country. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 15:18 by kleermaker.

Date: May 21, 2015 14:40

LuxuryStones
Looks like a Norwegian forest cat.

Here's mine smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 14:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home