Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 21, 2015 20:02

Stoneage
Dreamer
Stoneage
It's ironic, isn't it? Stones doing a Sticky Fingers special without Mick Taylor. Like a slap in your face...

And all those songs from the Brian era they've been doing for years and years without him...your face must be a mess!

Well, there's a slight difference there. Taylor recently toured with them for three years and would have been available for the gig.
And as oppose to Jones (for obvious reasons) he participated on the original album back in 1971.
Not to mention the fact that Jones is no longer with us...

Difference...? Jones was the founder of the band and was available but they decided to put him out.
It doesn't matter. They moved forward. And after MT they moved forward.
Maybe it's a slap in the faces of all those RS fans that there's seven grumpy old men in this thread acting like there not fans at all because the only "quality" the RS supposedly have is when MT plays with them and suggesting there are thousands of them that believe the same...
Taylor played great with the RS and so did BJ and so does RW.
You guys have to accept someday that MT couldn't sell out Fonda Theatre on his own...not even half of it. Well maybe for $ 5...

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 21, 2015 20:11

why does dreamer pollute this thread with sterile 'its the same 7 people b@lls' haas he seen how many people have viewed this thread compared to ALL the other threads.

the Jones argument is surely a joke, yeah?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 21, 2015 20:32

Dreamer

You guys have to accept someday that MT couldn't sell out Fonda Theatre on his own...not even half of it.

Who cares if he could or couldn't? And I suspect he could. It would probably be a damn good show and venue for him. But's it's not about solo popularity.

I think the point of many Taylor fans here is that they like him with the Stones. It may increase Taylor's audience considerably more than the Stones, but there is little question in my mind his inclusion would still enhance the music.

I'm over it. Taylor's out for this tour. But all one has to do is listen to Sticky Fingers to realize how well he fit and with that theme this time out there are bound to be lots of people thinking about him. Let's just celebrate the man and his contributions on this thread, even Mick has recently said it was the best era for the band's music and considering it's coming from him and Taylor has been gone for so long that's really amazing.

peace

Date: May 21, 2015 21:00

Captainchaos
why does dreamer pollute this thread with sterile 'its the same 7 people b@lls' haas he seen how many people have viewed this thread compared to ALL the other threads.

This thread took 93 pages to go to 86.849 views by a dozen or so fans who keep looking here twice every hour playing with their willy.
The "AC/DC latest news and more" thread has 31 pages with 60.000 views...a non-RS thread has three times as much views than an 'important' MT thread.
The Fonda Theatre thread has 52 pages with 140.000 views.
The San Diego show and travel info thread has 30 pages with 50.000 views.
The rehearsals thread had 25 pages and 122.000 views.
The Who Hits 50! tour thread has 25 pages and 46.000 views.

The Taylor argument is a joke...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 21, 2015 21:06

RollingFreak
The real killer is that they brought him back and then didn't for this. If he hadn't played with them for years, this would be such a discussion. Its that he toured as a guest with them ALL tour the last 3 years, and was criminally underused. And I'll even give the Stones the fact that on the tour maybe he wasn't so much underused as he just didn't fit in. I don't believe that, but fine I'll let them have it.

Then, after 3 years of underusing him as a guest, you do a show where it wouldn't make all the sense in the world to NOT include him! Thats what really hammers the point home. There's no real logical reason after everything thats happened since 2012 that he couldn't and shouldn't have been a part of this. This is kind of the proverbial c*ck in their 3 year c*cktease. The fact that his minimal participation led to his complete LACK of participation here is... well... its just unexplainable, and it is frankly rather cruel. Cause none of us would have felt this way if they hadn't brought him back.

And I say this all being a very big fan of how the show last night turned out. But to not mention this is just lying to yourself.

Exactly, plus they had an easy way to get some musical integrity back but they're so entrapped in money and fame that they just can't function any other way now, which is ridiculous given what they've achieved and where they are in their career and lives.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 21, 2015 21:12

I bet the people who attended the Fonda show were pretty happy with "their musical integrity".

Date: May 21, 2015 21:23

DandelionPowderman
I bet the people who attended the Fonda show were pretty happy with "their musical integrity".

I'd bet half the people there wouldn't know musical integrity if it slapped them in the face...did you hear the BS and MM clip?

peace

Date: May 21, 2015 21:29

Dreamer
Captainchaos

This thread took 93 pages to go to 86.849 views by a dozen or so fans who keep looking here twice every hour playing with their willy.
The "AC/DC latest news and more" thread has 31 pages with 60.000 views...a non-RS thread has three times as much views than an 'important' MT thread.

oo tasty. If we're playing with our willy why do you keep wanting to join in, espcially with the subject matter being one your seeingly turned off by?>grinning smiley<

You'll agree the above is regards a touring thread of the biggest R@R band in the world, rhersals for that tour. Then ACDC & The Who to a guy who played lead guitar with the band for 5 years noted as the bands best musically & albumwise 30 years ago. Surely with that in mind you can see it's of interest to a rather large slice of iorr visitors? The context i wrote in was with regards to your BJones post here. You come back at it with the bands The WHO @ ACDC, i mean really?!?

Moving on, there's been no reason given beyond a few asides that he's ill from the band, since been denied by Taylor's representatives. And also WHY he wasn't asked on the tour that's promoting Sticky Fingers? I think most people would like this cleared up.

Date: May 21, 2015 21:34

gotdablouse
RollingFreak
The real killer is that they brought him back and then didn't for this. If he hadn't played with them for years, this would be such a discussion. Its that he toured as a guest with them ALL tour the last 3 years, and was criminally underused. And I'll even give the Stones the fact that on the tour maybe he wasn't so much underused as he just didn't fit in. I don't believe that, but fine I'll let them have it.

Then, after 3 years of underusing him as a guest, you do a show where it wouldn't make all the sense in the world to NOT include him! Thats what really hammers the point home. There's no real logical reason after everything thats happened since 2012 that he couldn't and shouldn't have been a part of this. This is kind of the proverbial c*ck in their 3 year c*cktease. The fact that his minimal participation led to his complete LACK of participation here is... well... its just unexplainable, and it is frankly rather cruel. Cause none of us would have felt this way if they hadn't brought him back.

And I say this all being a very big fan of how the show last night turned out. But to not mention this is just lying to yourself.

Exactly, plus they had an easy way to get some musical integrity back but they're so entrapped in money and fame that they just can't function any other way now, which is ridiculous given what they've achieved and where they are in their career and lives.

If they would have made MT their musical director in 1974 people would get bored with their "musical integrity" real soon and they would eat noodles every day for the rest of their lives.
Do you remember what you did in Europe to get inside a gig like this?
Don't pretend you know a lot about integrity.

Date: May 21, 2015 21:37

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

I'd bet half the people there wouldn't know musical integrity if it slapped them in the face...did you hear the BS and MM clip?

peace

Yes I did.

Date: May 21, 2015 21:39

Captainchaos
Dreamer
Captainchaos

oo tasty. If we're playing with our willy why do you keep wanting to join in, espcially with the subject matter being one your seeingly turned off by?>grinning smiley<

You'll agree the above is regards a touring thread of the biggest R@R band in the world, rhersals for that tour. Then ACDC & The Who to a guy who played lead guitar with the band for 5 years noted as the bands best musically & albumwise 30 years ago. Surely with that in mind you can see it's of interest to a rather large slice of iorr visitors? The context i wrote in was with regards to your BJones post here. You come back at it with the bands The WHO @ ACDC, i mean really?!?

Moving on, there's been no reason given beyond a few asides that he's ill from the band, since been denied by Taylor's representatives. And also WHY he wasn't asked on the tour that's promoting Sticky Fingers? I think most people would like this cleared up.

I like that spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
They don't owe us an explanation: they just hired him for 50 and counting stuff and that was that Now that has been cleared up move on!

Date: May 21, 2015 21:47

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

peace

Yes I did.

OK, and your honest impression is.....I know the clips are too short to get a real good feel for the songs or musical integrity, but I kind of expected a bit better first glimpse. Those better not have been highlights. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 21, 2015 21:52

Mick Taylor is still on some people's minds... constantly.

I sure hope that all these folks who can't get Mick Taylor off their minds will go and support him next time he plays a club gig near you.

Only, try not to talk about Mick Taylor while Mick Taylor is up on stage playing, even if he is on your mind right then. Talking over musicians is the summit of rude manners.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 22:13

stonehearted
Only, try not to talk about Mick Taylor while Mick Taylor is up on stage playing, even if he is on your mind right then. Talking over musicians is the summit of rude manners.
BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA :) That is gold !!
Seriously funny :) That could be a great SNL skit...
but probably a bit too esoteric... but it would be hilareous to see,
all the cult members yabbering so much, that at the end of the show
the music stops and they realize they missed it all... then a pause... and
a bit of puzzlement... and they go right back to yabbering the same
things they always do... over and over and so on and so forth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 22:29 by Leonioid.

Date: May 21, 2015 22:14

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

peace

Yes I did.

OK, and your honest impression is.....I know the clips are too short to get a real good feel for the songs or musical integrity, but I kind of expected a bit better first glimpse. Those better not have been highlights. smoking smiley

peace

Both were great, although Mick sang a little flat on one note on MM.

The sound was excellent, so was the coda of MM.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 21, 2015 22:16

RollingFreak

Thats what really hammers the point home. There's no real logical reason after everything thats happened since 2012 that he couldn't and shouldn't have been a part of this.

It's because you have a fanboy mentality aka "the Taylor years were the best ones".
Jagger has for all things an analytical view plus he doesn't care about the past. In other words he's noticed the band has played far more SF tracks live with Ron Wood than with Taylor. So in his view he can totally make a SF-themed show "work" without MT.
And he did...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 21, 2015 22:27

dcba
RollingFreak

Thats what really hammers the point home. There's no real logical reason after everything thats happened since 2012 that he couldn't and shouldn't have been a part of this.

It's because you have a fanboy mentality aka "the Taylor years were the best ones".
Jagger has for all things an analytical view plus he doesn't care about the past. In other words he's noticed the band has played far more SF tracks live with Ron Wood than with Taylor. So in his view he can totally make a SF-themed show "work" without MT.
And he did...
Bullsh*t. I'm sorry, but I think thats utter bullsh*t. Listen, I don't like to paint them as "bad guys", and lord knows Taylor has milked his presence for all its worth. But you can't possibly explain everything they've done in the last 5 years without it narrowing down to "they're just screwing with fans and doing everything for themselves." Why did they bring back Taylor?!! You can't answer that. Because the answer was "it was a gimmick!!!" They did it to sell some extra tickets, and the bottom line is it made a difference. It made a lot of people who wouldn't normally have gone to see the shows see them. They didn't do it to throw the fans a bone, they didn't do it because he fit with the music, they didn't do it because it was a celebration. They did it because it selfishly helped themselves to dangle this guy in front of people. If it didn't matter to 90% of the audience, they wouldn't have lugged the big guy all over the world and that is just a true fact.

As for why they aren't using him now? I'm not bitter, even though it sounds like it, I'm just saying you can't justify the behavior. They do this sh*t to rile up fans and screw with them. Like I said, if you didn't bring Mick Taylor back into our lives, none of this would be a big deal! It wouldn't matter as much that he wasn't playing with them as they do a Sticky Fingers relaunch tour. But they did and they are, and now its glaringly obvious. I'm not saying it affected the music or the atmosphere last night. It looked like one hell of a show I would have been honored to be at. But to completely overlook the fact that he isn't there is you being brainwashed by our favorite band. That isn't just an excusable thing, and case in point is that for one of Taylor's underused moments on the 2012-1014 tour he played a Sticky Fingers song. Can't You Hear Me Knockin' was a centerpiece and focalpoint of the shows it was played at! Thats not coincidence. They know its a song that he is a major part of and can show off during. To go back to doing it a year later as if we didn't already just see a much superior version...?

I don't know what to tell ya. You're intentionally trying to hide yourself from the full story if you don't think for a second they know that having Mick Taylor guest with them for 3 years then do a relaunch tour of one of the albums he is key to and have him nowhere in sight is just completely insane.

Date: May 21, 2015 22:35

from the MM clip its wierd seeing jagger playing guitar (rather than taylor on a SF track). It distracts from being the "front man" when your tethered and looking down at your hands rather than interacting with the crowd, if your not a virtuoso player it has a negative impact on your singin and performance as the front man

Date: May 21, 2015 22:39

Captainchaos
from the MM clip its wierd seeing jagger playing guitar (rather than taylor on a SF track). It distracts from being the "front man" when your tethered and looking down at your hands rather than interacting with the crowd, if your not a virtuoso player it has a negative impact on your singin and performance as the front man

Not weird when we know he plays the main rhythm guitar on the original?

Date: May 21, 2015 22:45

Captainchaos

I actually like most of Jagger's guitar playing. He has done a great job on MM in the past. I think after all these years he is capable of singing and playing at the same time. I think his dancing can actually take more away from delivering a good vocal performance.

peace

Date: May 21, 2015 22:46

Naturalust
Captainchaos

I actually like most of Jagger's guitar playing. He has done a great job on MM in the past. I think after all these years he is capable of singing and playing at the same time. I think his dancing can actually take more away from delivering a good vocal performance.

peace

Agreed.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 21, 2015 22:51

Another thing I find funny about the Mick Taylor fasicination is that yeah, sure, he's a good guitarist......but the world is chock full of people with similar skills.

In short:

He ain't really all that.......

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 21, 2015 22:53

RollingFreak
If it didn't matter to 90% of the audience, they wouldn't have lugged the big guy all over the world and that is just a true fact.

Stop the rubbish. It's more like 10% who cares about having Mick Taylor on stage... My mother who has listened to the Stones for 50 years saw the Stones last year, and she didn't even notice Mick Taylor's appearance. When I saw them last year there were people sitting around me talking about hot dogs through the whole concert. And most people only seemed to know songs like Start Me Up and Satisfaction. Do you really think these people care about Mick Taylor??...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 22:56 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: May 21, 2015 22:58

TheBlockbuster
RollingFreak
If it didn't matter to 90% of the audience, they wouldn't have lugged the big guy all over the world and that is just a true fact.

Stop the rubbish. It's more like 10% who cares about having Mick Taylor on stage... My mother who has listened to the Stones for 50 years saw the Stones last year, and she didn't even notice Mick Taylor's appearance. When I saw them last year there were people sitting around me talking about hot dogs through the whole concert. And most people only seemed to know songs like Start Me Up and Satisfaction. Do you really think these people care about Mick Taylor??...

Why bring him all around if people didn't know? If people didn't have a clue who he was and if it didn't make a lick of difference to the show, why bring him back into the fold?

Date: May 21, 2015 23:02

Woz
Another thing I find funny about the Mick Taylor fasicination is that yeah, sure, he's a good guitarist......but the world is chock full of people with similar skills.

In short:

He ain't really all that.......

Is isn't all about his skills, per se, more about what he brought to the Stones music in his very short time with them, and again on the last tour.

If it was all about guitar skills the Stones would be in big trouble with the two current ones. grinning smiley

peace

Date: May 21, 2015 23:07

TheBlockbuster
RollingFreak

that just sounds like stones fans are just tourist popcorn fans, whats the point if thats the case? & i dont think your mother's the kind of fan who'd come on iorr really. Mine is a big Zombies fan, but does she know more than the hits? nope.

The main crux is the gen consensus is that for the last few years the band sound better with Taylor (most press reviews state his slot was a highlight of most gigs), they're now touring an album he had a huge part of. After having him for the last few years why then bin him off at this point? I love the stones but this just seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face. There's loyalty but there's blind loyalty

Date: May 21, 2015 23:09

DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos

it is when you've a guy who can free him up to sing, the rest still stands really (albeit it does negate his dancing which is always a plus). Yeah Keith played all the guitars & often the bass on a fair few tunes, should he play those too?

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:11

DandelionPowderman

I heard that the ones that stayed longer than ten minutes were very happy with it.

Date: May 21, 2015 23:13

Captainchaos
DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos

it is when you've a guy who can free him up to sing, the rest still stands really (albeit it does negate his dancing which is always a plus). Yeah Keith played all the guitars & often the bass on a fair few tunes, should he play those too?

I agree on faster songs, but this is a ballad. If memory serves he is not playing on the heavier parts of the song.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:13

Dreamer
gotdablouse
RollingFreak

If they would have made MT their musical director in 1974 people would get bored with their "musical integrity" real soon and they would eat noodles every day for the rest of their lives.
Do you remember what you did in Europe to get inside a gig like this?
Don't pretend you know a lot about integrity.

It's bad enough that you're annoying everyone here who wants to discuss all things Taylor, we get it that you don't like him or think he's important, just move on to better things...but adding insult to injury you're now making baseless personal accusations, you really have no shame. WTF is wrong with you ?! It's totally OT here, but I got in fair and square at the Trabendo as the +1 of a friend with which I spent dozens of hours in the freezing cold in Bondy and still see regularly to share our passion for the Stones, so I demand an immediate apology. Once that's done feel free to send me an email and I'll be happy to clear up any BS you've been told that might have led you to make a fool of yourself with this grotesque accusation.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 23:17 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home