Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 308
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 13, 2015 20:26

Well said StonesCat and thanks for the nod. I can only speak for myself but as you say, commercial considerations have nothing to do with my interest in Taylor and the Stones. I will still go see a show this tour and enjoy the hell out of it. Keith, Mick, Ronnie and Charlie are as high on my appreciation list as Taylor.

But plenty of people in the crowd last tour went nuts when Taylor guested. It was pretty clear to me the interest and appreciation went way beyond the group of people here at IORR still holding a candle for him. The joy I personally witnessed in the folks around me watching him play with the Stones again was something to behold. Also many posters here on IORR who aren't continuing to post about Taylor did so with great comments and appreciation during and after the last tour.

Anyway, I'm grateful I got the opportunity to see Taylor with the Stones as I'm sure thousands of others were and I'd be even more grateful to see it again!

peace

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 13, 2015 20:27

mtaylor
Leonioid
Stoneburst
Most of us wish he would, and he probably will at some point, but his abilities as a musician have nothing to do with how active he is. Jeff Beck's as good as they get, but has spent most of his career only touring when he needs to raise money for his hotrod projects.
And who would have guessed how hugely profitable some of those hot rods would be. I think I saw some of those going for 300-400++ thousand Dollars at auction. But along the way didnt Jeff build up a resume of albums and songs for when he finally came out and started touring like he has now.

I just wondered about taylor not doing his own thing, it seems it would make you all so happy, and based on many posts here on IORR it seems that many think he could get much better "sidemen" than the members of The Stones.
Jimmy Page, one of the best guitarists ever, how active is he?
And he doesn't money. Zep still sells lots of CDs

I dont frequent the message boards of Zep so I dont know what those people are saying, but I see the members of the Chuch of Taylorology posting here constantly screaming for Taylor to play... so I wondered why not use their energy to get him to play on his own... but I guess they don't want that... so who knows?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 13, 2015 20:59

Leonioid
mtaylor
Leonioid
Stoneburst
Most of us wish he would, and he probably will at some point, but his abilities as a musician have nothing to do with how active he is. Jeff Beck's as good as they get, but has spent most of his career only touring when he needs to raise money for his hotrod projects.
And who would have guessed how hugely profitable some of those hot rods would be. I think I saw some of those going for 300-400++ thousand Dollars at auction. But along the way didnt Jeff build up a resume of albums and songs for when he finally came out and started touring like he has now.

I just wondered about taylor not doing his own thing, it seems it would make you all so happy, and based on many posts here on IORR it seems that many think he could get much better "sidemen" than the members of The Stones.

I dont frequent the message boards of Zep so I dont know what those people are saying, but I see the members of the Chuch of Taylorology posting here constantly screaming for Taylor to play... so I wondered why not use their energy to get him to play on his own... but I guess they don't want that... so who knows?

No, we don't want that. We want Taylor with the Stones.

Date: May 13, 2015 21:01

71Tele
Leonioid
mtaylor
Leonioid
Stoneburst

No, we don't want that. We want Taylor with the Stones.

Yes, the choir informed us this morning.

Date: May 13, 2015 21:06

...but, as my granny used to say when I wanted some more cookies...
"People in hell want ice water too"

Date: May 13, 2015 21:13

Don't feed the trolls Tele, some people ain't ever going to get it or even be sympathetic to those who do.

peace

Date: May 13, 2015 21:15

lmao

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 13, 2015 21:34

i'm just so glad that we aren't talking about replacing wood with taylor or how taylor wrote most of the stones good songs and how lucky they are that he ever was willing to be a member.

Date: May 13, 2015 21:42

nevermind

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 21:47 by Leonioid.

Date: May 13, 2015 21:54

Leonioid
There is a lot more to being a long term member in a band than being able to play the notes, which is why Ronnie Wood has been a member 8 times longer, so far... and counting. Ronnie is the right fit for this band. period.

If taylor himself is just a tiny bit as constantly irritable as his fanatics are it is understandable that he didnt make it past 5 years in the band. I have never encountered a more irritable angry group than these taylor fanatics. They always seem to be angry and lashing out about something or someone.

Rock and roll music is supposed to be fun, it is just not that serious.

Much appreciation for not bringing Mr. Wood into this discussion. BV himself has stated this does nothing but cause ugly and tired debates on the subject. This isn't about Taylor vs. Wood. But of course you are free to continue trolling here and bashing Taylor fans on this thread. eye rolling smiley

peace

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 13, 2015 21:58

Naturalust
Don't feed the trolls Tele, some people ain't ever going to get it or even be sympathetic to those who do.

peace

It's wiser to ignore all posts by people like some Leonioid, Bsebastian and Dreamer at all. They're only trying to ruin this thread for some pathetic reasons.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 13, 2015 21:58

What a nice day it is outside.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 21:59 by 71Tele.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 13, 2015 22:01

If people here don't like Taylor, then don't participate on this thread. Leave us Taylorits with this thread. There are lots of good things from the period 1969-1974, one of the most inspiring periods in Stones history. Don't ruin our joy listening and discussing his music and influence on Stones.

Date: May 13, 2015 22:01

Naturalust

Much appreciation for not bringing Mr. Wood into this discussion. BV himself has stated this does nothing but cause ugly and tired debates on the subject. This isn't about Taylor vs. Wood. But of course you are free to continue trolling here and bashing Taylor fans on this thread. eye rolling smiley

peace

NL, better to stick to your own, wise advise to ignore those trolls. They're only trying to provoke. Just don't pay any attention, that's the best way to handle those types.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 22:03 by kleermaker.

Date: May 13, 2015 22:05

mtaylor
If people here don't like Taylor, then don't participate on this thread. Leave us Taylorits with this thread. There are lots of good things from the period 1969-1974, one of the most inspiring periods in Stones history. Don't ruin our joy listening and discussing his music and influence on Stones.

Is that fair when you all go to all other threads and say the same taylor things all over the board?

Date: May 13, 2015 22:08

Naturalust
Leonioid
There is a lot more to being a long term member in a band than being able to play the notes, which is why Ronnie Wood has been a member 8 times longer, so far... and counting. Ronnie is the right fit for this band. period.

If taylor himself is just a tiny bit as constantly irritable as his fanatics are it is understandable that he didnt make it past 5 years in the band. I have never encountered a more irritable angry group than these taylor fanatics. They always seem to be angry and lashing out about something or someone.

Rock and roll music is supposed to be fun, it is just not that serious.

peace

please note moderator, when this kid reports me, that I had deleted my post 10 minutes before he felt compelled to quote it.

Date: May 13, 2015 22:11

kleermaker
Naturalust

peace

It's wiser to ignore all posts by people like some Leonioid, Bsebastian and Dreamer at all. They're only trying to ruin this thread for some pathetic reasons.

Man I'm trying, believe me.

peace

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 13, 2015 22:11

Leonioid
mtaylor

Is that fair when you all go to all other threads and say the same taylor things all over the board?

this indeed is what is frustrating. it's impossible to read topics on the board without someone popping up to say that everything would be better if mick taylor were playing with the band. indeed, the reason BV created this thread in the first place was to put all the Mick Taylor comments in one place because everyone was so tired of them permeating every single discussion.

Date: May 13, 2015 22:20

Get ya some a this.....

peace

Posted by: ChelseaGirls ()
Date: May 13, 2015 22:49

Leonioid
mtaylor

Well there are many posts about

Keith's Teeth
Jerry hall
Mick at the airport

on this board... and you complain about Mick Taylor-related posts? I am not a Taylor "fanatic" but this is unfair...

Date: May 13, 2015 22:52

And stop the cult of personality with the moderator "BV said this...", you have your own brain?????

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 13, 2015 22:58

Leonioid
mtaylor

Surely you have better things to do than hang around an internet forum antagonising people who don't share your particular opinions on the Rolling Stones? This thread was basically good natured and full of insightful discussion until you turned up.

Date: May 13, 2015 23:00

ChelseaGirls
And stop the cult of personality with the moderator "BV said this...", you have your own brain?????

Chill CG, since you are obviously new to this board, I will explain to you that this thread was unfortunately closed in the past, generally due to some of the same folks trolling this thread now and provoking the whole Wood vs. Taylor debate. When bv reopened the thread he specifcally asked that this debate not continue here, so in the interest of keeping the discussion going, I was nicely reminding someone what the rules of engagement were. It has nothing to do with thinking for ones self.

peace

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: May 13, 2015 23:04

71Tele

Yes it is indeed. But I don't think anyone is paying attention right now.smileys with beer

Date: May 13, 2015 23:13

Stoneburst
Leonioid
mtaylor

Surely you have better things to do than hang around an internet forum antagonising people who don't share your particular opinions on the Rolling Stones? This thread was basically good natured and full of insightful discussion until you turned up.

You are being rude. This is not sacred ground, all opinions are welcome and facts be known it is other people being rude to me, not the other way around. I am simply stating my opinion.

For years this board has allowed everyone to be critical of this band and its members and now all of sudden taylor cheerleaders think he is immune? He is not immune to people offering their opinion about him.

As was said above taylor cheerleaders have no problem going into any and all threads and crapping all over people excited to see the upcoming concerts.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 23:15 by Leonioid.

Date: May 13, 2015 23:21

Naturalust, if you accept a rule as stupid as "no Taylor vs Wood debate", this sounds like cult of personnality to me. Don't get me wrong, I don't give a shit about this debate. But why wouldn't it be allowed? If you're allowed to start other stupid debates then I don't get why this one would be the exception. Because it's offensive? Hey, do you really think that Wood will read this board? Hell no I don't know what he is doing right now, maybe partying or f-ucking his wife but definitely not reading this board!

Date: May 13, 2015 23:45

Bellajane
71Tele

Yes it is indeed. But I don't think anyone is paying attention right now.smileys with beer

Hi Bella, good to 'see' you here again. Btw.: it's almost night here. Almost Rambler time with Taylor. cool smiley

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: May 14, 2015 00:00

From 2012 up to now it has been Nice to see Taylor on the stage but he added nothing really. Just a shadow of what used to be.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: May 14, 2015 00:05

kleermaker
Bellajane
71Tele

Hi Bella, good to 'see' you here again. Btw.: it's almost night here. Almost Rambler time with Taylor. cool smiley

Good to see you, as well. I've been passively lurking I guess, not posting really that much. I'm glad you're back again. Many months ago you swore you were leaving...guess you did for awhile. But I'm glad you had a change of heart. Always love reading your posts. It's 5:03 pm here in upstate NY..will have daylight for several more hours.smiling smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 14, 2015 13:23

Leonioid
Stoneburst
Leonioid
mtaylor

You are being rude. This is not sacred ground, all opinions are welcome and facts be known it is other people being rude to me, not the other way around. I am simply stating my opinion.

For years this board has allowed everyone to be critical of this band and its members and now all of sudden taylor cheerleaders think he is immune? He is not immune to people offering their opinion about him.

As was said above taylor cheerleaders have no problem going into any and all threads and crapping all over people excited to see the upcoming concerts.

peace

Youre not serious are you? Taylor cheerleaders? What is that? We're discussing an important part of the band's music.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 308

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home