Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 6, 2015 02:53

Green Lady
latebloomer
Okay, I'm cracking open the door...

Yep...

And this is one more reason why I am more of a "latebloomerist" and "Green Ladyist" and of course an IORRist and an actual fan of The Rolling Stones than either a Woodist of Taylorist. You lovely ladies are THE BEST!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-06 03:08 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 6, 2015 03:00

Leonioid
And this is why I am [..] of course an IORRist and an actual fan of The Rolling Stones [/i][/size] than either a Woodist of Taylorist.

Yes of course the Woodist and Taylorists aren't actual fans of The Rolling Stones...eye rolling smiley.

peace

Date: May 6, 2015 03:11

Naturalust
Leonioid
And this is why I am [..] of course an IORRist and an actual fan of The Rolling Stones [/i][/size] than either a Woodist of Taylorist.

Yes of course the Woodist and Taylorists aren't actual fans of The Rolling Stones...eye rolling smiley.

peace

I am pretty sure most people who appreciate Ronnie Wood are actual fans of the 1975-2075 Rolling Stones too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-06 03:12 by Leonioid.

Date: May 6, 2015 04:26

I'm not generally a big fan of these guitar "instructional" videos but these are cool just to hear Taylor talking about his guitar playing and hear him playing in such a setting.

peace

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 6, 2015 16:13

DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
We can do it again, kleerie eye rolling smiley

I thought your statement was "borderline psychiatrically worrying" (you should master the english language well enough to know!).

That means that your statement came close to worry me of your psychiatric condition.

After that you withdrew your statement, but still insisted on the normalcy of saying that Taylor fans were the only ones who put the music first.

So, I can assure you that no one has been giving you a diagnosis as yet (that I know of) – apart from yourself.

Since you used the word 'elitistic' in the same discussion, I don't think you're in any position to critique others' command of the English language. The semantics are irrelevant: your comment was nasty and totally uncalled for. We don't need that kind of personal abuse here, and you should apologise.

Stating that only one group of fans put the music first is the only nasty comment in this discussion. IMO, it's the worst thing you can say in a fan group, where we all know there are different views on this issue.

It's disappointing that a bright guy like yourself chooses to ignore that.

The english language thing has nothing to do with being elitistic. I shouldn't have any reason to pull that card, either. The point is that kleermaker is pretending I said something different (in fact several times). That's why I had to highlight this.

It's sad to see that people, when running empty on arguments, are going after the man, instead of the ball eye rolling smiley
'

'Well it is one group of fans who repeat the pointless and actually rude "he left in 1974 get over it" nonsense as if that had anything to do with discussing the benefits of having Taylor playing with the Stones again.

It's that something you think I'm saying?

No not you Dandie, sorry if it sounded that way. Just a general observation whenever Taylor is discussed. Lets bury the hatchet, wipe out the past.

Date: May 6, 2015 16:18

OK so that video hasn't aged well.

Have to post this instead.

Date: May 6, 2015 16:20

Too much Taylor? OK here you go. Highlight: the last minute with Jaggers ad-libs.

Date: May 6, 2015 16:29

Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

I thought your statement was "borderline psychiatrically worrying" (you should master the english language well enough to know!).

That means that your statement came close to worry me of your psychiatric condition.

After that you withdrew your statement, but still insisted on the normalcy of saying that Taylor fans were the only ones who put the music first.

So, I can assure you that no one has been giving you a diagnosis as yet (that I know of) – apart from yourself.

Since you used the word 'elitistic' in the same discussion, I don't think you're in any position to critique others' command of the English language. The semantics are irrelevant: your comment was nasty and totally uncalled for. We don't need that kind of personal abuse here, and you should apologise.

Stating that only one group of fans put the music first is the only nasty comment in this discussion. IMO, it's the worst thing you can say in a fan group, where we all know there are different views on this issue.

The english language thing has nothing to do with being elitistic. I shouldn't have any reason to pull that card, either. The point is that kleermaker is pretending I said something different (in fact several times). That's why I had to highlight this.

It's sad to see that people, when running empty on arguments, are going after the man, instead of the ball eye rolling smiley
'

'Well it is one group of fans who repeat the pointless and actually rude "he left in 1974 get over it" nonsense as if that had anything to do with discussing the benefits of having Taylor playing with the Stones again.

No not you Dandie, sorry if it sounded that way. Just a general observation whenever Taylor is discussed. Lets bury the hatchet, wipe out the past.

smileys with beer

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 6, 2015 16:41

So no one is angry anymore ....

Date: May 6, 2015 16:58

Come On
So no one is angry anymore ....

Yeah, boring, isn't it? winking smiley

Posted by: ChelseaGirls ()
Date: May 6, 2015 17:12

Please do NOT be positive. IORR is not the cloud cuckoo land. Feel free to start another religious war. Thanks.

Date: May 6, 2015 17:26

ChelseaGirls
Please do NOT be positive. IORR is not the cloud cuckoo land. Feel free to start another religious war. Thanks.

I'm sure you meant a political AND religious war?

Date: May 6, 2015 17:44

You can talk about Bush or Clinton because this is not OT, I guess.

Now, I want a war.

The Taylorites versus The Woodists

(both are ridiculous names, we should admit it)

ALSO: The non-aligned movement

Date: May 6, 2015 17:49

ChelseaGirls

Now, I want a war.

Dick or Mick?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 6, 2015 17:52

Nothing, it's as blank as ever. Calm as the Pacific.

Date: May 6, 2015 17:55

DandelionPowderman
ChelseaGirls

Now, I want a war.

Dick or Mick?

That joke isn't funny anymore! sad smiley

Date: May 6, 2015 17:59

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 6, 2015 18:32

[www.youtube.com]

More Peas!!!
Sorry.. MOre Mick Taylor!!!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 6, 2015 20:07

What was on his mind while he played here?

[docs.google.com]

Date: May 6, 2015 20:39

kleermaker

[docs.google.com]

"Damn..what the heck happened to my old band? Bobby and I are gonna have to carry this one." eye popping smiley

peace

Date: May 6, 2015 21:33

Naturalust
kleermaker

[docs.google.com]

"Damn..what the heck happened to my old band? Bobby and I are gonna have to carry this one." eye popping smiley

peace

Mick Taylor looks very dapper in this. love this video! great great version

PLEASE CAN I HAVE A COPY before it gets swiped off the web again, its never on youtube for more than a few mins before it gets pulled

Date: May 6, 2015 21:43

DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

'

smileys with beer

And I actually like the song but don't tell anyone.grinning smiley The video is corny though. But man it worked back in 1989. smiling smiley

Date: May 6, 2015 21:44

ChelseaGirls

Gees lighten up BV. grinning smiley

Date: May 6, 2015 21:50

Captainchaos
Naturalust
kleermaker

[docs.google.com]

peace

PLEASE CAN I HAVE A COPY before it gets swiped off the web again, its never on youtube for more than a few mins before it gets pulled

HM he sounded off in that one. I don't know but isn't there a huge difference between 2013 and 2014? I mean something really happened in 2014, like he warmed up the year before? Not that he was bad in 2013 but a bit rocky. Damn, they really should have rehearsed with him and why not include Ollie Brown for some 1975 gems. Id love to hear great versions from all eras really. A renewed Ronnie on Shattered, Hey Negrita etc. Maybe a new daring version of Gimme Shelter (how about no solo, maybe just Mick and Keith).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-06 21:50 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 6, 2015 22:30

Captainchaos
Naturalust
kleermaker

[docs.google.com]

peace

You can easily download the video. See the bar above the video itself, there's a download sign and then just ... click it smiling smiley

Date: May 6, 2015 22:33

kleermaker
Captainchaos
Naturalust
kleermaker

[docs.google.com]

peace

You can easily download the video. See the bar above the video itself, there's a download sign and then just ... click it smiling smiley

aha! cheers smiling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 6, 2015 23:07

Listen to great music with Billy Preston and Mick Taylor from 1973.

Should give MT a slot for himself on the ZIP Code Tour. MT, RW, CW and BW playing this

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 6, 2015 23:49

ChelseaGirls
DandelionPowderman
ChelseaGirls

Now, I want a war.

Dick or Mick?

Dick Taylorites are properly referred to as Dickheads.

Date: May 6, 2015 23:53

grinning smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 7, 2015 01:19

71Tele
ChelseaGirls
DandelionPowderman
ChelseaGirls

Now, I want a war.

Dick or Mick?

Dick Taylorites are properly referred to as Dickheads.
Dick or Tiny Todger - any connection....smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home