Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14
Re: No CYHMK in Japan
Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:03

I am pissed. How can they waste their last concerts ever in Japan with 19 song sets full of warhorses. I was already kinda pissed when I went to their concert in 2006. It was great, but the set was so boring, I thought then. Well, at least they did As Tears Go By and Streets of Love which must be considered rare treats by 2014 standards.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:06

And before you kill me for being a setlist whiner: I am just not willing to spend hundreds of bucks of money I literally don't have for my absolutely favourite band to hear them play 40 Licks, Disc 1, Slipping Away and Before They Make Me Run! They could bring in more rarities in 2012-2014, so why not now?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:09

MingSubu
They got 3 excellent concerts, full of great songs.
Come on. How many loyal Japanese fans do they have? A huge number. Many going to all the shows. You don't think those fans were disappointed with the lack of effort put into this three show run?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:18

muenke
It´s pretty simple: CYHMK at Glastonbury was one hell of a highlight and I was "shocked" that they didn´t played it at thoe HP-gigs (which I attended). I doubt they will play it on that tour (was it rehearsed in Paris?), because it doesn´t really fit to the "setlist-system" (because it´s just a bit too long).

CYHMK is indeed kind of a holy grail concerning MT and the Stones, at least for many hardcores I think, and for me ...

But we have this great soundboard-bootleg from Glastonbury, track No9, play it loud and often!!!thumbs up

Yes we must be glad we have Knocking in great quality from Glastonbury. Every time I listen to it it's a treat again. By far the best thing they did since the whole thing began in November 2012.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:26

I'm sure there were people who went into that show tonight thinking "Night 3 - we're gonna get it".

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:27

kleermaker
muenke
It´s pretty simple: CYHMK at Glastonbury was one hell of a highlight and I was "shocked" that they didn´t played it at thoe HP-gigs (which I attended). I doubt they will play it on that tour (was it rehearsed in Paris?), because it doesn´t really fit to the "setlist-system" (because it´s just a bit too long).

CYHMK is indeed kind of a holy grail concerning MT and the Stones, at least for many hardcores I think, and for me ...

But we have this great soundboard-bootleg from Glastonbury, track No9, play it loud and often!!!thumbs up

Yes we must be glad we have Knocking in great quality from Glastonbury. Every time I listen to it it's a treat again. By far the best thing they did since the whole thing began in November 2012.

I even bought the godfather release, one out of 6 silver pressed bootlegs I own! Guess who is playing lead guitar on the other 5?smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 16:03 by muenke.

Date: March 6, 2014 15:49

I think the simple reason for omitting CYHMK in the setlist is that the band loves MR more.

They probably think playing several 8 minutes +-songs during a show is a bit too much as well.

I love both songs, and imo they could easily alternate every other show between these two excellent numbers.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: March 6, 2014 15:53

Hanns Rainsch
And before you kill me for being a setlist whiner: I am just not willing to spend hundreds of bucks of money I literally don't have for my absolutely favourite band to hear them play 40 Licks, Disc 1, Slipping Away and Before They Make Me Run! They could bring in more rarities in 2012-2014, so why not now?

Then don'tsmileys with beer

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:38

Hanns Rainsch
I am pissed. How can they waste their last concerts ever in Japan with 19 song sets full of warhorses. I was already kinda pissed when I went to their concert in 2006. It was great, but the set was so boring, I thought then. Well, at least they did As Tears Go By and Streets of Love which must be considered rare treats by 2014 standards.

eye rolling smiley

I don't know a soul who was hoping for Streets of Love at the Tokyo Dome shows.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:39

DandelionPowderman
I think the simple reason for omitting CYHMK in the setlist is that the band loves MR more.

...most fans too...

Date: March 6, 2014 16:46

StonedInTokyo
DandelionPowderman

...most fans too...

That's probably true, even though those who disagree, disagree loudly grinning smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:07

muenke
It´s pretty simple: CYHMK at Glastonbury was one hell of a highlight and I was "shocked" that they didn´t played it at thoe HP-gigs (which I attended).

+1. When at Hyde Park 2 I noticed the congas being put on stage before the gig started, I told everyone that we'd listen to "Can't You hear Me Knocking? and that I was so excited about it. Go figure what a disappointment was that song not being played!!!!

Date: March 6, 2014 17:11

DandelionPowderman
StonedInTokyo
DandelionPowderman

...most fans too...

That's probably true, even though those who disagree, disagree loudly grinning smiley

I'd agree with it since they ignored iCYHMK from 1971 - 2002 while Rambler was played quite a bit during the years.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:17

How many gigs did they play in the US, and how many times did they play CYHMK? And the beef is that the Japanese didn't get it once in three shows? (Geddit? Japanese beef? Nvrmd.) I was very much hoping for it myself, but I sure as hell didn't regard it as disgraceful that I didn't get it, given the other great songs I got.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:21

It's time for someone in the Stones camp to ask the fan base..."Can you hear the music?"

Date: March 6, 2014 17:23

Aquamarine
How many gigs did they play in the US, and how many times did they play CYHMK? And the beef is that the Japanese didn't get it once in three shows? (Geddit? Japanese beef? Nvrmd.) I was very much hoping for it myself, but I sure as hell didn't regard it as disgraceful that I didn't get it, given the other great songs I got.

You mean with the exception of Silver Train, Doom And Gloom & Emotional Rescue the other great songs you got that you've been getting in Japan since their first visit in 1990?

And please spare me the oft-repeated line about them being great songs -- we all know that. But are they the only great songs the Stones have ever written?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 17:31 by fahthree.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:36

I guess they don;t want to give Taylor the extended solo that he gets in CYHMK. Too out front. Rambler is much more of an ensemble piece. Too bad because CYHMK, when they play it, is spectacular.

Re: Tokyo-3 Mar 6 Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:59

DandelionPowderman
latebloomer
Great review Toru A, thanks for that. Sounds like a solid show without any real surprises. It will be interesting to see what they maybe add as the tour rolls along.

And just to be contrary, I'll join your army DP for One More Shot, although we'll probably go down after it's fired. grinning smiley

There are few of us, but we are strong... thumbs up

Add me to the One More Shot party - I'd have been here before but I've only just got home and read the thread.

Date: March 6, 2014 17:59

DandelionPowderman
As it was uploaded two hours ago, it probably is from today's show - but I don't know...

Thanks for posting! thumbs up

Dandie, it's from Abu Dhabi!!! 100% sure (did conclusive research)

This MR I mean:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 18:02 by kleermaker.

Date: March 6, 2014 18:05

Ok, thanks, kleerie.

Good to have you with us, Green Lady! thumbs up

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:13

gagi
Let's go!

-----------------------------------------------

What attack! Talk of hitting the stage! Talk of starting with a bang! Look at Ronnie! This must be the 90s or something?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:15

That's Live At The Max, filmed during the Urban Jungle World Tour 1990.

What a band indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:20

fahthree
Aquamarine

You mean with the exception of Silver Train, Doom And Gloom & Emotional Rescue the other great songs you got that you've been getting in Japan since their first visit in 1990?

And please spare me the oft-repeated line about them being great songs -- we all know that. But are they the only great songs the Stones have ever written?

Sorry, I was unclear. I'm not in Japan, I was saying that I was hoping for it on the US tour more than once or twice. Such as on a night when I was there.

And no, I guess the songs I heard aren't the only ones they've ever written, but I enjoyed the hell out of them, so I contained my disappointment over CYHMK.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:25

Midnight Rambler from Tokyo tonight.

Date: March 6, 2014 18:26

Aquamarine
fahthree
Aquamarine

Sorry, I was unclear. I'm not in Japan, I was saying that I was hoping for it on the US tour more than once or twice. Such as on a night when I was there.

And no, I guess the songs I heard aren't the only ones they've ever written, but I enjoyed the hell out of them, so I contained my disappointment over CYHMK.

I was speaking generally about the same songs being played in Japan so I apologize for the appearance of it being directed at you.

The US shows were better than this. We got variety, relatively-speaking. I went to 4 and got Knocking on the last night. I was certain I was going to get in the second night in Boston -- I was disappointed that I didn't despite the fact I got a good Memory Motel and my favorite Emotional Rescue of the tour.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:28

noughties
gagi
Let's go!

-----------------------------------------------

What attack! Talk of hitting the stage! Talk of starting with a bang! Look at Ronnie! This must be the 90s or something?

That's Steel Wheels or Urban Jungle, with Mick's mullet and Bill on bass at stage right.

Date: March 6, 2014 18:33

drbryant

Thanks!
It would be great to get Slipping Away in this quality too. smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:37

I am just back from the Tokyo Dome show number 3. What a fantastic experience. And how LAME and tasteless it is for people who DID NOT GO TO THE SHOW and who DO NOT EVEN LIVE IN JAPAN to complain about what the STONES served to the Japanese fans at this show. The show was great, the crowd was great, and everybody was happy.

Even if internet is open, it does not mean I will accept any kinds of lame and stupid comments about shows. There is a separate thread for comments about setlists and ticket prices. Please respect the fact that this is a thread about experiences and feedback from the show TOKYO #3. It is NOT a thread about set list policy.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:49

Hanns Rainsch

Did you go to the show? Why do you fill this thread with your negative frustrations? I will suggest you move your comments over to the thread ab out set list comments, because I am really fed up of reading such off topic comments in a thread where people are supposed to report on what ACTUALLLY HAPPENED at the show. Not what YOU wanted them to play for some weired reason.

Bjornulf

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:49

drbryant

Phantastic! Thank you so much, great clip again and what a sound! Loved it!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2040
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home