Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Susan Tedeschi
Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: March 7, 2014 18:30

susan tedeschi has evolved into one of the best if not the best singers in rock music,not just the best female singers., but one of the best period, tedeschi& trucks first two albums are great

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 18:25 by bv.

Re: susan tedeschi
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 7, 2014 18:33

dgodkin
susan tedeschi has evolved into one of the best if not the best singers in rock music,not just the best female singers., but one of the best period, tedeschi& trucks first two albums are great
let's not forget that she plays a mean guitar !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 7, 2014 18:41

And she's covered the Stones.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 7, 2014 18:42

TheGreek
dgodkin

Not really

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 7, 2014 19:28

More Hot Rocks
TheGreek
dgodkin

Not really
have you seen her live ? i have !

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 7, 2014 20:23

She is a good guitarist, and quite a good vocalist. I saw Tedeschi Trucks band over the summer with The Black Crowes and it was a great show. They did a great melody of Sly and the Family Stone, including I Wanna Take You Higher Take You Higher (with Chris Robinson on Harp and backing vocals). Was a fantastic way to end their set.

Date: March 7, 2014 21:53

TheGreek
More Hot Rocks
TheGreek
dgodkin

Not really
have you seen her live ? i have !

yes. twice. That's why I said it. She should just sing.

Date: March 7, 2014 21:57

Here. She sounds like a kid trying to learn. Shes awful

Date: March 9, 2014 08:25

Tedeschi's got a great, great voice and judging from the You Tube video the audience who are likely very drunk and/or high seem to enjoy her guitar solo. Tedeschi's guitar solo sounds very amateurish maybe she was just having a bad night...

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 9, 2014 12:26

I actually saw her open for the Stones in Vegas. Think it was ABB tour. She was very good.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:37

crholmstrom
I actually saw her open for the Stones in Vegas. Think it was ABB tour. She was very good.

That was Bonnie Raitt, not Susan Tedeschi.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 9, 2014 16:48

I saw her playing with Charlie Sexton in Austin.
Jimmie Vaughan, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepard too...

She held her own and was more tasteful then those two kids

Jimmie taught her a few things though

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 9, 2014 17:28

She's got a great great voice. She's got terrible guitar playing abilities.

Date: March 9, 2014 18:54

Long John Stoner
crholmstrom

No, absolutely not. I think it was around the time they played the free concert for the environment that Bill Clinton sponsored @ the Staples Center. I couldn't get tickets for that & went to the Vegas show instead. Have seen Bonnie Raitt with the Stones & without. Could've been Licks tour. Someone help me out here? I could have the wrong gig above but I'm absolutely sure saw Susan open for Stones @ MGM Grand. Have seen the Stones there several times & could have the wrong date.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-09 19:09 by crholmstrom.

Re: OT: Susan Tedeschi
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 9, 2014 19:43

Very good artist, i like more her voice than her playing. I have to admit that i preferred the album of Derek trucks without her, but he seems so happy to play with her... I would be happy too....

Date: March 9, 2014 20:44

crholmstrom
Long John Stoner
crholmstrom

No, absolutely not. I think it was around the time they played the free concert for the environment that Bill Clinton sponsored @ the Staples Center. I couldn't get tickets for that & went to the Vegas show instead. Have seen Bonnie Raitt with the Stones & without. Could've been Licks tour. Someone help me out here? I could have the wrong gig above but I'm absolutely sure saw Susan open for Stones @ MGM Grand. Have seen the Stones there several times & could have the wrong date.

She opened in Feb 2003 in LA, San Jose and Las Vegas

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: March 9, 2014 21:04

crholmstrom
Long John Stoner
crholmstrom

Raitt and Vegas was definitely ABB. I reviewed it.

Date: March 9, 2014 23:44

Long John Stoner
crholmstrom
Long John Stoner
crholmstrom

Raitt and Vegas was definitely ABB. I reviewed it.

Wrong tour. Licks tour 2003. See above. I saw multiple shows both Licks & ABB @ the MGM. Sorry I had the wrong tour at first. Susan was really good regardless.

Date: March 9, 2014 23:47

More Hot Rocks
crholmstrom
Long John Stoner
crholmstrom

She opened in Feb 2003 in LA, San Jose and Las Vegas

Thank you! I knew I wasn't hallucinatating. Haha. Susan was one of the better opening acts I've seen for the Stones, at least those 2 tours. Solomon Burke was the coolest. Enjoyed Sheryl Crow in Tacoma a lot too. There have been plenty of lame ones. Best ever opener for me was Peter Tosh on Some Girls. & he was 4th bill! Life changing at age 17, cough cough.smoking smiley

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 10, 2014 10:54

More Hot Rocks
Here. She sounds like a kid trying to learn. Shes awful

Well, in the Tedeschi Trucks Band there's another guitar player who's more then competent :-)

Re: OT: Susan Tedeschi
Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: March 10, 2014 18:06

Great musician, great vocals and she picks some really tasteful covers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home