Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: Tokyo-3 Mar 6 Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:49

Excellent BV.

Reading some of these posts, all I could think was, "Are these people CRAZY?"
Sitting thousands of miles away from the gig and they're muttering about the set list!

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:49

They are alread on cruise control.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:52

bv
I am just back from the Tokyo Dome show number 3. What a fantastic experience. And how LAME and tasteless it is for people who DID NOT GO TO THE SHOW and who DO NOT EVEN LIVE IN JAPAN to complain about what the STONES served to the Japanese fans at this show. The show was great, the crowd was great, and everybody was happy.

Even if internet is open, it does not mean I will accept any kinds of lame and stupid comments about shows. There is a separate thread for comments about setlists and ticket prices. Please respect the fact that this is a thread about experiences and feedback from the show TOKYO #3. It is NOT a thread about set list policy.

Then why was the separate thread about "No CYHMK in Japan" combined into this one -- it was originally a thread of its own and should have been thrown into the complaint thread then.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:53

bv
I am just back from the Tokyo Dome show number 3. What a fantastic experience. And how LAME and tasteless it is for people who DID NOT GO TO THE SHOW and who DO NOT EVEN LIVE IN JAPAN to complain about what the STONES served to the Japanese fans at this show. The show was great, the crowd was great, and everybody was happy.

Even if internet is open, it does not mean I will accept any kinds of lame and stupid comments about shows. There is a separate thread for comments about setlists and ticket prices. Please respect the fact that this is a thread about experiences and feedback from the show TOKYO #3. It is NOT a thread about set list policy.

BV, you are basically right! But most of the posts you have an eye on have been posted in a seperate thread which was moved to this one ... Have a good night (?) and much fun at the next gig ... smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:53

The guest on Respectable was very popular. And great. I have seen many guests on Respectable. This was the perfect match. Tomoyasu Hotei was totally into the act with Mick, sharing the microphone, dancing, playing a great solo, then thanking the band individually even handshake with Charlie, both as he entered and exited his guest part on stage with The Stones.

Bjornulf

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:55

Where else would be state our, um, opinion about Japan setlist?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 6, 2014 18:56

Irix
Setlist ***FINAL***

The Rolling Stones
Tokyo Dome #3
Tokyo, Japan
Thursday March 6, 2014

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash

2. You Got Me Rocking

3. It's Only Rock'n'Roll

4. Tumbling Dice

5. Ruby Tuesday

6. Doom and Gloom

7. Respectable (winner song vote, with Special Guest: Tomoyasu Hotei)

8. Honky Tonk Women

-- Band Introductions --

9. Slipping Away (Keith, with Mick Taylor)

10. Before they make me run (Keith)

11. Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)

12. Miss You

13. Paint it Black

14. Gimme Shelter

15. Start Me Up

16. Sympathy for the Devil

17. Brown Sugar

-- ENCORE --

18. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with 'The Senzoku Freshman Singers')

19. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)

nice to see keef's gibson 345 that pierre got for him from buzzy at lark street music

Re: No CYHMK in Japan
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:04

Hanns Rainsch
I am pissed.

I hope you feel better now smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 6, 2014 19:06

Hanns Rainsch
I am just not willing to spend hundreds of bucks of money

I'm cool with that. Don't do what you don't wanna do.

-------------------

Date: March 6, 2014 19:09

michaelsavage

If you are sitting at home and you are dreaming of a specific set list then you may start a new thread about it. If it is interesting then it will be popular and people will make many great comments. Like when we had a "Please play SWAY" thread and then ... they did actually play SWAY! Before tour start that is. If you are generally frustrated about life or ticket prices or set lists, then feel free to use one of these threads, you find them easily through the IORR home page link "Great forum links":

The ticket prices and other complaints thread : [www.iorr.org]
All other crazy complaints : [www.iorr.org]
High Priced Tickets not Selling : [www.iorr.org]

Complaing about the set lists in Japan would be like complaining about the fact that they drive the cars on the left side of the streets here, or that they eat rice, sushi, noodles and they even use sticks and not a fork and a knife. Or the fact that the show start at 7pm, and that we can not use our cameras to make pictures. This is how it is working in Japan. I went to all three shows and I did not miss any of the songs like SWAY, KNOCKING, or any other socalled RARE songs. The shows were great because the Stones performed the greatest hits, songs the fans do know well.

The STONES have been performing their greatest hits at 28 - TWENTYEIGHT - Tokyo Dome shows. When they performed SILVER TRAIN at the 2nd Tokyo Dome show, the crowd listened patiently, and they waited for a song they know better. You may judge by the noise level how popular a song is. Start Me Up, You Got Me Rocking, all the so called war horses. That is why they sell out 28 Tokyo Dome. Not because they play Silver Train.

Bjornulf

Date: March 6, 2014 19:10

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman
latebloomer
Great review Toru A, thanks for that. Sounds like a solid show without any real surprises. It will be interesting to see what they maybe add as the tour rolls along.

And just to be contrary, I'll join your army DP for One More Shot, although we'll probably go down after it's fired. grinning smiley

There are few of us, but we are strong... thumbs up

Add me to the One More Shot party - I'd have been here before but I've only just got home and read the thread.

I always like one more shot smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------

Date: March 6, 2014 19:10

clapton71
They are alread on cruise control.

At top speed!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:12

Someday The Stones will be no more and every one that bitches will cry.

Date: March 6, 2014 19:14

fahthree
The US shows were better than this.

Right on, good for you then. Congratulations

-------------------

Date: March 6, 2014 19:15

Rolling Hansie
Green Lady
DandelionPowderman
latebloomer
Great review Toru A, thanks for that. Sounds like a solid show without any real surprises. It will be interesting to see what they maybe add as the tour rolls along.

And just to be contrary, I'll join your army DP for One More Shot, although we'll probably go down after it's fired. grinning smiley

There are few of us, but we are strong... thumbs up

Add me to the One More Shot party - I'd have been here before but I've only just got home and read the thread.

I always like one more shot smileys with beer Cheers

smileys with beer

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:17

drbryant
Midnight Rambler from Tokyo tonight.

ha ha, 10:20 Mick Taylor tares Ronnie a new one here, flippin eck if Ronnie had come in with his monster riff in reply, bang on the pickup it wouldv been amazing dualing!

Date: March 6, 2014 19:17

I am glad I had the opportunity to enjoy three such fantastic shows with the Stones at the Tokyo Dome this year. But I am sad because this might have been the final shows the Stones did in Japan. Unless they come back in 2018 or so.

Bjornulf

Date: March 6, 2014 19:18

fahthree
bv

Then why was the separate thread about "No CYHMK in Japan" combined into this one -- it was originally a thread of its own and should have been thrown into the complaint thread then.

Stop nagging and start your own messageboard.

-------------------

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:19

Fantastic picture, Bjornulf! So much love. smiling smiley

Date: March 6, 2014 19:19

bv

I couldn't have said it better myself smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------

Date: March 6, 2014 19:21

michaelsavage

On your own messageboard maybe ???

-------------------

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:22

drbryant
It's "Respectable". Very difficult to take videos in the Dome because they ask you to stop if they see you, so you need to keep the phone low at all times. Don't know why it won't embed.

To embed videos on the posts you've got to take off the "s" from the "http". This is a great version, though, and Keith is on fire here. Thank you very much for sharing it.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:23

There's a guy on this board that judges every show by it's bootleg. Now that's closed minded.

Date: March 6, 2014 19:25

Thanks for all the pictures, reviews etc. from the people who were actually there. I just love to see you all had a great time.

-------------------

Date: March 6, 2014 19:31

Rolling Hansie
michaelsavage

On your own messageboard maybe ???

I'll come up with different material if you do the same. Deal?

I should add that if I had my own message board I would understand the fans are passionate about this band and have opinions. I would label things LAME just because I don't agree with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 19:46 by fahthree.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:32

Challenge: go to the next stones concert and sit and watch JJF, TD, Sympathy, satisfaction, and BS and try to not enjoy yourself. I'm sorry but I've been to a bunch of stones shows and oftentime the musical highlights for me are during the warhorses. I'm a professional musician and a stones nerd so it is always exciting to watch them play something out of the box, but I have a hard time believing anyone actually sitting in the crowd at the show is honestly bored during Strrt me up...that's my two cents. I don't post on here much, I generally just lurk for updates on my favorite band, but the negativity lately has kinda pissed me off. I know this has been said elsewhere, but I am just extremely grateful for the miracle that our favorite band is still on the road in their 70's!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:47

MR...-3........ amazing stuff. Great. Thanks !!!
Jeroen

Date: March 6, 2014 19:48

stonesrule
Excellent BV.

Reading some of these posts, all I could think was, "Are these people CRAZY?"
Sitting thousands of miles away from the gig and they're muttering about the set list!

How is that any different from sitting thousands of miles away and praising it? Neither group of people were there.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:52

Started a new thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 19:56 by EJM.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:56

I don't know what they did to the sound system in the Tokyo Dome, but the sound for these shows was fantastic - from both the floor and from high in the first tier. Loud, but very clear.

I wouldn't worry about Japanese fans feeling disappointed. Before the first show, there were well over 1000 sets of tickets for sale on the Yahoo auction site alone. Many were being offered at a discount. Before the second show, that number had dropped to 300 - 400, but if you looked carefully, you could find a decent seat for face value of $180. I didn't have tickets for tonight, so I went online last night to look for a ticket. There was very little available - maybe 30-40 offerings, all over face price. It was clear that people who went to one show decided they wanted to go again, and were willing to pay for the privilege. I attended a number of shows in 2012 and 2013 and there were some great shows, but these three Dome shows were huge and the atmosphere was electric. It had the feel of something more than a rock concert - a real "event", like the Olympics or the World Cup.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home