Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14
Re: Tokyo-3 Mar 6 Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: March 8, 2014 01:11

kleermaker
Grichka
By the way I was lucky enough to be at the Haneda airport while the Stones plane was towed in and the boys were getting in one after the other. Only 2 or 3 fans were there after immigration so that was fun to watch.Had a little chat and an awful selfie with MT and was surprised to see Keith going to the plane handling a guitar (not in a case) like he was going to rehearse on the way to Macau.
Cant wait for tmrw evening...

Would be nice to post that selfie with MT!

Gosh the selfie is really awful but MT was very nice and kind. He seemed surprised that there were still a few fans after immigration and even more that one of them was a non Japanese from Belgium with a french accent... :-)
If I find out how to post pix from a laptop, I ll put a few.

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: March 8, 2014 01:14

EJM
Has anyone seen patti? Alexandra Richards says in her Australian news interview that "mum is touring with dad now she has finished looking after us "

Patty was on first row Keith's side @ Tokyo 3. She looked great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-08 01:50 by Grichka.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 8, 2014 01:24

Interesting she prefers not to appear in the arrival and exit photos or does she travel separately ?
Sorry if this is the wrong thread but it's nice to think keith has his soulmate along now ronnie is occupied with his new wife.

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 8, 2014 01:33

I am always curious about the Stones and what they get up to between shows but maybe its my nature to protect what I cherish when I say we don't need to know the specifics of how Patti travels with Keith. from what I understand she has been through a lot these past few years with her own health and her husband's. So perhaps we could give her some peace and not delve into the ways they travel from place to place?

I am pleased to read someone spotted her down in front for the show. That is good for our beloved Keith.

Date: March 8, 2014 01:42

I agree - too much intrusion is not good but nice to know she is there for him, nevertheless!

Posted by: rtr ()
Date: March 8, 2014 02:47

I first saw the band live in 1969 and another 30 times since, including Chicago 2013, missing only the 1975 tour. I'm thrilled they are still playing live and all things considered, ridiculously well. Personally, and this is just my personal opinion, but the worship of Mick Taylor is so overrated. He always sounded like a "guest soloist" to me when he was originally in the band. I'll take the rhythm, rawness, grit and attitude of Ronnie and Keith any day. In Chicago last year, I resented sitting through over 10 minutes of MT soloing, on CYHMK and Rambler, instead of hearing Ronnie and Keith.
P.S., for those paying attention, Keith is playing much more consistently now, than in 2007!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-08 02:48 by rtr.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 8, 2014 04:01

I don't know if that has been posted before ; soundcheck YCAGWYW. Andrew mentioned that little clip today on his Sirius radio show and I found it. I guess Mick is filming...
Rock and roll,
Mops
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 8, 2014 09:19

What we have here is a vicious circle - the band chooses to be less adventurous because the reaction to unfamiliar songs isn't enthusiastic enough - but the people who might have recognised, cheered and yelled for Silver Train were mostly not there, because they don't want to hear yet another run of warhorses and so they have self-selected themselves out of the live audience. So the band has an inexperienced audience to educate, and they don't always have the patience to press on with unusual songs that don't produce the instant hysteria of a Satisfaction or Brown Sugar. So the experienced non-attenders sneer at the 2014 audience for being what it is, and blame the band for being boring.

Energy and enthusiasm on stage are partly generated by the circle of feedback from the crowd. Once upon a time the Stones could tell their audience that "we're liver than YOU'LL ever be" and keep hammering away until that audience woke up. I think at 70 this is no longer possible for long periods: they can't play half a dozen rarities per show, but they can afford to let the warhorses put enthusiasm in the bank to carry them through at least one or two "new" numbers - and they should. After all, if they can keep playing You Got Me Rocking to general indifference for years until it becomes a regular part of the set (and I do like YGMR live) - then they can do the same for others IF they have the courage of their convictions.

I don't think there was that much actual criticism here of Silver Train for being under-rehearsed (though it undoubtedly will get better if they persist). What I did hear was a lot of pessimism about Mick's willingness to keep trying with it. Not "they shouldn't play it again" but "sadly, I don't suppose they'll do it more than once." I really hope the pessimists get a nice surprise. Go on, Mick, prove them wrong!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 8, 2014 09:29

Excellent post! thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 8, 2014 11:32

A great post, Green Lady! Words of wisdom. Your take on the reception of "Silver Train" was outstanding. Most of the talk concerning its future 'tries' were pessimistic because the people are realistic, and do know how Mick 'functions'. I can't recall anyone claiming that they don't want to hear it again, even though they noticed that it wasn't 'perfect' (and there was only one or two negative sounding reviews of it). Besides there really was a true enthusiasim, compared, for example, the lack of it in this thread. That's what picking up an rarity like that does for us 'lap top followers'.

Most likely the up-coming shows will not get us more of positive surprises like that, since I don't think they are too adventurous in China (even though Keith is spotted with a guitar heading into a planegrinning smiley). So it's not going to be very inspiring for us 'secondary class citizens' behind the computers. Which begs the question, should these kind of threads allowed only to the comments of the people who actually are attending the shows. Well, that's a route to the end of all discussion soon, but, frankly, is there much else to say than what Dreamer above in his passionate but wit post described as an option to say "great" to everything, or then "whine" about set lists (and every critical word seems to be doomed for being 'complaining' nowadays, and like spoling the fun of those who actually made the gigs - like that really could be possible!). The options to say anything are to be rather bounded.

- Doxa

P.S. Seemingly since I checked out last night, some posts have been removed from here, like Wroclaw's thoughtful post. I don't know if the conversation went too heated or what, but among others my thank you post for you, Green Lady, have disappeared. If you didn't catch it last night, i just repeat that I am grateful for you pointing out the difference between 'touching' and 'touchy', since that mistake of mine changed the tone of my intended post. Which makes me wonder how many times I have made that mistake, since I think I hve never known know the difference in meanings...grinning smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-08 11:46 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 8, 2014 11:38

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-08 11:38 by Doxa.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 8, 2014 11:44

I have removed posts in this thread because they have been clearly off topic and also offensive and reported as such by others. If you post through a quote, and you quote a post that is offending, then your post will be deleted. Regardless of how interesting or nice your post is. The quote will be your shopw stopper. Please do not quote unless it is needed in the context. This thread has been abused for set list discussions, personal fights and all sorts of off topic discussions.

Please keep ON topic, and please do NOT quote this post, it is for your information only. I spend an hour this morning cleaning up after certain people had some sort of ping-pong personal issue about really nothing related to Tokyo-3. Next time I will ban and delete users; I don't really have an hour a day free to do housekeeping here.

Bjornulf

Date: March 8, 2014 13:56

Thanks for all your hard work BV as a newbie who will be hard pressed to get to any of the shows, this is a great board

Date: March 11, 2014 00:18

Sympathy (misses the ending)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 00:20 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home