Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14
Re: Tokyo-3 Mar 6 Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:49

@drbryant wow, great video with good sound quality. Can we expect more? grinning smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:49

It's "Respectable". Very difficult to take videos in the Dome because they ask you to stop if they see you, so you need to keep the phone low at all times. Don't know why it won't embed.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 16:50 by drbryant.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:51

You just have to put the link in.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:53

drbryant
It's not easy to shoot video at Tokyo Dome cause if they see you, they tell you to stop.

You could respond "Please don't disturb me, I'm trying to enjoy the show". spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Seriously though, glad to see you were able to film a bit tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 16:59 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: muenke ()

drbryant
It's not easy to shoot video at Tokyo Dome cause if they see you, they tell you to stop.

Thank you very much for this fast upload, great video!

Posted by: SweetThing ()

drbryant

Well, that was really good! Glad we got that one at least...

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:55

*post deleted*

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 16:59 by StonedInTokyo.

Date: March 6, 2014 16:57

Awesome! Thanks for posting, drbryant thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 16:58 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 6, 2014 16:59

All this talk of "glad they finally dropped" Emotional Rescue or One more shot is fine - the trouble is they haven't replaced them with anything else !

I remember when they played China (I think?) and were presented with a list of banned songs. Result........shortened set. They have over 400 others to choose from . GRRRR

sc uk

PS As I've said more than once.....WTF is YGMR doing back ?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:05

drbryant
It's "Respectable". Very difficult to take videos in the Dome because they ask you to stop if they see you, so you need to keep the phone low at all times. Don't know why it won't embed.

You have to delete the s from https:// and get http://

I found that out because I'm so damned clever. grinning smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:05

Great version Of respectable. Thanks
Jeroen

Date: March 6, 2014 17:06

kleermaker
drbryant

With a little help from your friends, I presume? grinning smiley

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:13

gotdablouse
Thanks for the setlist updates Irix and for the reports from inside guys!

@Toru A - can you clarify what you meant by Mick Taylor soloing on SA during the second show as we couldn't really hear him on the (pretty low quality) full recording? Was he playing the same solo along with Keith? Also which was it that thumbed up and congratulated Keith after the song, Taylor I presume? Thanks!

I don't know which is correct word soloing or fill-in.
Taylor also showed us a beautiful playing at the ending of SA.
He congratulated and thumbed up Keith after SA on 3/4.
They extended their hands for a shake each other tonight.
Taylor was glued to Keith from the back when Keith was singing "Before They Make Me Run" tonight.

Date: March 6, 2014 17:14

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
It's only the beginning of the tour...

We keep on hoping. Taylor never played in Japan with the Stones before, but in Aussieland they still remember him from Februari 1973 and so do we here in Europe remember autumn 73. But I won't be surprised at all if they'll do the same thing in Australia and Europe as they did in AD and Tokyo.

Btw: what's that for kinda nonsense, to say that Knocking and Rambler in one show is too much? Too much of the good? It can never be too good!

I'm not saying it, but I suspect they might be THINKING it smiling smiley

I think the Euro setlist will be (very) different, as they have played here recently.

They're not demented yet, aren't they? Though one sometimes wonder if they still live in reality or very far beyond it. I don't have No Expectations whatsoever for Aussieland and Europe as far as the Stones concerned. Mick J. has put more time and energy in learning some Japanese words than in surprising the Japanese musically (except for one single unusual song).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:14

Thanks, sounds like the next step is for Taylor to stick around for Keith's second number!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 6, 2014 17:18

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
drbryant

With a little help from your friends, I presume? grinning smiley

No Dandie, I found it out myself. I'm still so proud of it. smiling smiley

Date: March 6, 2014 17:28

Can someone tell from which Tokyo show this Rambler is? I'm getting confused because I found the link here but can't find it back. The sound quality is great!

Date: March 6, 2014 17:30

As it was uploaded two hours ago, it probably is from today's show - but I don't know...

Thanks for posting! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 17:31 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:32

Would it kill them to do Love in Vain and let taylor go to town? it's a 12 bar blues with 3 chords; anyone that can play could play that one without rehearsal. They just don't want him to shine like that I guess.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:33

Great review Toru A, thanks for that. Sounds like a solid show without any real surprises. It will be interesting to see what they maybe add as the tour rolls along.

And just to be contrary, I'll join your army DP for One More Shot, although we'll probably go down after it's fired. grinning smiley

Date: March 6, 2014 17:36

Rokyfan
Would it kill them to do Love in Vain and let taylor go to town? it's a 12 bar blues with 3 chords; anyone that can play could play that one without rehearsal. They just don't want him to shine like that I guess.

The genius of LIV is that it is NOT merely a 12 bar blues. That said, I totally agree, and I'm baffled they stopped playing it after doing it only once...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:36

Rokyfan

hot smileysmileys with beer
Agreed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeroen

Jaggers ego would not stand it.

Date: March 6, 2014 17:37

latebloomer
Great review Toru A, thanks for that. Sounds like a solid show without any real surprises. It will be interesting to see what they maybe add as the tour rolls along.

And just to be contrary, I'll join your army DP for One More Shot, although we'll probably go down after it's fired. grinning smiley

There are few of us, but we are strong... thumbs up

Date: March 6, 2014 17:43

DandelionPowderman
As it was uploaded two hours ago, it probably is from today's show - but I don't know...

Thanks for posting! thumbs up

But it seems as if I have heard some things in this version before, so I guess it's from the first Tokyo show, despite the date and time of uploading. Anyway, best MR vid of this tour by far I've heard.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 6, 2014 17:44

DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan

The genius of LIV is that it is NOT merely a 12 bar blues. That said, I totally agree, and I'm baffled they stopped playing it after doing it only once...

I have no idea what "merely" a 12 bar blues means, I would never use that phrase, that was your word. My point was that it is a relatively easy wasy (in terms of rehearsal time) to work a new number into the set, a number that I think would smoke.

I would never say "merely" a 12 bar blues I have too much respect for the blues to say that.

No CYHMK in Japan
Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 6, 2014 14:33

Firstly, I wasn't there and I'm sure the show was great.

That being said, the fact the fan base as loyal, patient and respectful as Japan didn't get Can't You Hear Me Knocking w/ Mick Taylor once is disgraceful. It's a religious experience that all fans should get an opportunity to experience.

Before the apologists say it won't work in a stadium they played it to a bunch of kids in Glastonbury for Christ's sake.

Re: No CYHMK in Japan
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 6, 2014 14:40

They got 3 excellent concerts, full of great songs.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 14:45

Who cares? A lot of great songs were played.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 6, 2014 14:49

Who cares?

Those who don't like what the Stones do and can only nag about what the Stones don't do ??? smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: March 6, 2014 14:56

It´s pretty simple: CYHMK at Glastonbury was one hell of a highlight and I was "shocked" that they didn´t played it at those HP-gigs (which I attended). I doubt they will play it on that tour (was it rehearsed in Paris?), because it doesn´t really fit to the "setlist-system" (because it´s just a bit too long).

CYHMK is indeed kind of a holy grail concerning MT and the Stones, at least for many hardcores I think, and for me ...

But we have this great soundboard-bootleg from Glastonbury, track No9, play it loud and often!!!thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 17:17 by muenke.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2764
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home