Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 13, 2014 00:48

No Expectations
Munichhilton
No Expectations
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
Carolina will beat the shit out of SF to a bloody pulp. Yeah I'm looking a shut out

Yep - SF fans, after the beating, will have nothing to do except look at a Bridge and question them selves; 'Why in the hell are we so close to Oakland?"

HAHAHA! Oakland folks ask themselves why they so close to SF!>grinning smiley<

Seen the Stones in both cities and never really contemplated the bridge that much...hmmmm

Lived in the Bay Area for 40 years and never once worried about where Oakland was.

Then you've missed some great Stones shows friend...

Oh no, my point was it made no difference where Oakland was it is still the Bay Area. Saw the Stones in Oakland in 1978 at the "Day on the Green" on Mick's birthday. Two shows in November 89....three shows including Halloween in 94....four shows in 97 on the Babylon tour....a great show at the arena in 2002...the delayed show in 2006 and last May in 2013

I see, very good. You have seen some great shows too!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 13, 2014 00:54

The Seahawks are not going to stomp SF they may beat them but it will be a tough game.

The Chargers are letting this game in Denver get away from them fast. Way too conservative on their play calling. Run, run pass is not going to work when you gain a yard on every run and put Rivers in third and long.

Date: January 13, 2014 01:00

The Niners will be fine. Hawks fans have been talking about and comparing their team to the Niners all season...the Niners have just been TCB.

Whoever wins will need to earn every point. I just hope it's not won or lost by the zebras...

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 13, 2014 01:03

Munichhilton
No Expectations
Munichhilton
No Expectations
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
Carolina will beat the shit out of SF to a bloody pulp. Yeah I'm looking a shut out

Yep - SF fans, after the beating, will have nothing to do except look at a Bridge and question them selves; 'Why in the hell are we so close to Oakland?"

Seen the Stones in both cities and never really contemplated the bridge that much...hmmmm

Lived in the Bay Area for 40 years and never once worried about where Oakland was.

Oh no, my point was it made no difference where Oakland was it is still the Bay Area. Saw the Stones in Oakland in 1978 at the "Day on the Green" on Mick's birthday. Two shows in November 89....three shows including Halloween in 94....four shows in 97 on the Babylon tour....a great show at the arena in 2002...the delayed show in 2006 and last May in 2013

Yes indeed......and that doesn't include all the shows in SF and San Jose since the Cow Palace in 75! Wish I had seen more. Go NINERS!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-13 01:09 by No Expectations.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 13, 2014 01:12

Australian Open tennis starts tomorrow! smiling smiley (Well, actually in about an hour, tomorrow having already started there.)

(Hey, you SAID we could talk about other sports! You did! I can't remember who you were, but . . .)

Date: January 13, 2014 01:17

Who is playing better.....Kaepernick or Wilson? Should be a tremendous title game.
They say defense wins championships...let's see who is #1 on Sunday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-13 01:20 by No Expectations.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 13, 2014 02:34

How many times will Phil Simms say "this changes everything" ? Man, gotta turn the volume off when he calls a football game.

Date: January 13, 2014 02:52

nightskyman
How many times will Phil Simms say "this changes everything" ? Man, gotta turn the volume off when he calls a football game.

Unfortunately there just aren't any of the top announcer teams worth listening to. OK as a Bay Area sports fan I just cannot stand Buck! Gruden may be the only one who actually adds any meaningful analysis.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 13, 2014 02:54

Great games by all today and yesterday...
and 2 more great games coming next Sunday!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-13 04:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Re: NFL 2013-14
Date: January 13, 2014 04:27

crholmstrom
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
"Go Hawks" - Russell Wilson WOO HOO! I am so there (thank you Ticketmaster) for the 49ers game week 2!hot smiley

Aldon Smith is coming to town...
I'm unable to go to a lot of games but I think this one is going to be worth the effort. The NFC West is going to be quite a battle this year. I'm looking forward to it! I recently had a battle with Ticketmaster regarding a disabled access seat for the Jacksonville game the following week. The CEO of Ticketmaster got involved & they changed the way they handle those seats in the whole system. I got a personal apology, change in the system & they threw in a club seat (nice!) for the 49er game on the 40 yard line. We are going to try to officially set Guiness world record for crowd noise that game. Look forward to sparring with you all season. I hope it goes down to the last week!smileys with beer

Looks like you got your wish my man...good luck and have fun...you have a really formidable team to be proud of this time.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 13, 2014 13:44

No Expectations
Munichhilton
No Expectations
Munichhilton
No Expectations
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

Yes indeed......and that doesn't include all the shows in SF and San Jose since the Cow Palace in 75! Wish I had seen more. Go NINERS!

I picked 3 out of 4 games wrong without the spread included. Fortunately, I do not gamble. Funny thing - on the Florida Turnpike there is a billbord that says "Play the New Lotto $250,000 scratch off game." Three miles dowm the road anothesr sign reads "If you have a Gambling problem call XXX XXX XXXX"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-13 14:13 by Chris Fountain.

Date: January 13, 2014 14:24

Source: NFL Network Comments.

"If the refs call the 49er/Panther game even for both sides it may have been a different outcome. I am not saying that the Panthers would have won, but it would have given them an even shot. The more I watch the NFL, the more it feels like a scripted play. The NFL better get a handle on the terrible officiating or they are going to lose a lot of fans, which means a lot of money."

I agree. If refs screw up the SF -Hawks game there will be collective protest against this deviant behavor.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 13, 2014 14:48

No Expectations
Who is playing better.....Kaepernick or Wilson? Should be a tremendous title game.

Last time I checked, Seahawks had the #1 defense in the NFL. Vegas is saying Hawks 3.5 point favorites. That's about right. Those guys usually aren't too far off. GO HAWKS!

Date: January 13, 2014 15:29

No Expectations
Seattle is so worried about Niner fans they are resticting ticket purchases for the title game to people whose billing address is in the Northwest. How petty can you be?

Wise move to keep the riff raff out. All those incidents of fan violence in the Bay Area. Tsk tsk. Hasn't been much if any of that up here. Wish they could keep the scalpers out of it, too.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 13, 2014 20:13

I think both championship games will be tests of endurance. Denver will have their hands full with the relentless Patriots. And the 49er at Seattle game, both are evenly matched, with the slight edge to the home team.

Date: January 13, 2014 21:52

Hawks need to make sure they are prepared for a fight. SF tried to start a fight against the Panthers on every play. It was really disgusting. I hope for vengeance against those....

Date: January 13, 2014 23:48

Chris Fountain
Source: NFL Network Comments.

"If the refs call the 49er/Panther game even for both sides it may have been a different outcome. I am not saying that the Panthers would have won, but it would have given them an even shot. The more I watch the NFL, the more it feels like a scripted play. The NFL better get a handle on the terrible officiating or they are going to lose a lot of fans, which means a lot of money."

I agree. If refs screw up the SF -Hawks game there will be collective protest against this deviant behavor.

C'Mon the Panthers got their ass beat on both the offensive side and defensive side. The refs didn't have anything to do with the Panthers being SHUTOUT in the second half!

Date: January 13, 2014 23:51

Chris Fountain
Hawks need to make sure they are prepared for a fight. SF tried to start a fight against the Panthers on every play. It was really disgusting. I hope for vengeance against those....

The Panthers were just as chippy from start till they knew they lost. It's the playoffs. Face the facts...the better team won!

Date: January 13, 2014 23:55

crholmstrom
No Expectations

Last time I checked, Seahawks had the #1 defense in the NFL. Vegas is saying Hawks 3.5 point favorites. That's about right. Those guys usually aren't too far off. GO HAWKS!

Seahawks may have the best defense statistically for the season but which defense has been playing better for the last six weeks?

Date: January 14, 2014 12:59

No Expectations
crholmstrom
No Expectations

Seahawks may have the best defense statistically for the season but which defense has been playing better for the last six weeks?

Truth but none of those games has been at Century Link. SF couldn't even cover the spread against the Seahawks in Candlestick. Close game, unlike recent SF games in Seattle, which have been blowouts. We shall see. The proof will be in the pudding.

Date: January 16, 2014 14:36

This is too funny! Check out link to audio in the story.

[bleacherreport.com]

Date: January 17, 2014 10:39

Getting close. This could be one of the best conference championship Sundays of all time. The dynamics are great. AFC: Old school with 2 of the best QBs of all time squaring off for the 15th time. That's just the warm-up! NFC: the future of the NFL. 2 of the brightest young star QBs squaring off for what could be the first of many times in the playoffs. The 12th Man is ready. We will show the country why the home field advantage is so important. GO HAWKS!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 17, 2014 15:11

re Seattle's defense...

[grantland.com]

Date: January 18, 2014 00:16

Harvin is officially out for title game.

Date: January 18, 2014 01:14

crholmstrom
No Expectations
crholmstrom
No Expectations

Truth but none of those games has been at Century Link. SF couldn't even cover the spread against the Seahawks in Candlestick. Close game, unlike recent SF games in Seattle, which have been blowouts. We shall see. The proof will be in the pudding.

No football team EVER worries about covering the spread. The goal is to win the game and they did!

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: January 18, 2014 01:19

Taking Denver over Pats. Other game real tough to call. Seahawks best team all season in NFC but SF seems to be peaking at right time. More players to throw to makes me think it will be SF

Date: January 18, 2014 02:31

doubledoor
Taking Denver over Pats. Other game real tough to call. Seahawks best team all season in NFC but SF seems to be peaking at right time. More players to throw to makes me think it will be SF

I'm taking the opposite for the very same reasons.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: January 18, 2014 05:37

I'm taking both road dogs and the points hoping they are close games.
Of course, I have no idea what will happen.

Date: January 18, 2014 11:20

No Expectations
crholmstrom
No Expectations
crholmstrom
No Expectations

No football team EVER worries about covering the spread. The goal is to win the game and they did!

Some of us fans worry about the point spread.winking smiley

Date: January 18, 2014 17:10

@ chrstorm

From my sister-

"I'm at the lake freezing so we may not be able to get the State -Duke game. I'm interested in the Pitt Syracuse game and the FSU VA game.

I love watching these old game shows....right now I'm watching Password with Alen Lunden hosting. Used to watch this with Dot.

Tomorrow I will pull for the Seahawks and not sure about the Broncos Patriots game.
I even bought a Seattle Seahawks t shirt to wear."

V

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home