Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 31, 2013 05:46

Tate
OK, so the Patriots finished the year 12-4... I live in Maine so I am a Pats fan by default, please don't hate me for that (I get the impression these days that the Pats have become the Yankees of the NFL? Maybe I am wrong? They were horrendous when I was a kid, so this is a nice era for NE sports fans)... The 12-4 record includes abut half a dozen games won with the help of... God? I dunno, they just have been really inconsistent all season (even Brady), and now are totally crippled with injuries. It kinda seems like they are primed to get slaughtered by a real playoff-calibre team. But then there is the God factor... Or is it Belichick? What will happen in the AFC??? Anyone?

I found it odd that they were picked to finish so high yet lost so much talent and finished with such a good record considering how everyone said they shouldn't be winning but they should be winning (WTF????). The loss of talent should have made them average... yet Brady was able to keep it together and make it work.

It's like the poles - THE ICE IS MELTING! RECORD THICK ICE! OPEN WATER IN THE ARCTIC! RECORD THICK ICE IN THE ARCTIC CLOGS GLOBAL WARMING SCIENCE TEAM! I give up on who to believe.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 31, 2013 05:55

Max'sKansasCity
4:35 PM EST
101 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
102 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS -1.5
TV: NBC

8:10 PM EST
103 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
104 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES -2.5

1:05 PM EST
105 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
106 CINCINNATI BENGALS -6.5
TV: CBS

4:40 PM EST
107 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS -2.5
108 GREEN BAY PACKERS

So whaddaya think?

I'll give you my guesses:

Indy
New Orleans
Cinci
Green Bay

I know I'm really really going out on a limb with the Saints on the road but... Philly isn't... when the Saints have played well this season... I think the Saints will handle them just fine REGARDLESS of the weather, which I don't buy being a factor. In fact, I don't buy the 'better at home than on the road' excuse of the crowd etc. They are paid professionals. Arizona beat Seattle at home. Home teams lose too. Last I checked, which was not long ago, there were only 2 teams that were undefeated at home. It does seem to be something with the Saints yet I think they'll get their first ever playoff road victory in 2014.

The 2014 playoffs will be interesting! No repeat champion to deal with... some different teams... it should be good. Better than this year's playoffs about 12 months ago.

Date: December 31, 2013 07:43

gotta love the steelers fans whining they missed the playoffs due to a bad call on the cheifs field goal attempt. hey steelers fans now you know how the rest of the NFL fans feel about your team breaking jaws and coaches on the field and not getting flagged for it

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 31, 2013 08:29

My advice to any team wanting to make the playoffs is...
Dont lose your first four games of the season!!

1 Sep 08 TEN 16 @ PIT 9 Final
2 Sep 16 PIT 10 @ CIN 20 Final
3 Sep 22 CHI 40 @ PIT 23 Final
4 Sep 29 PIT 27 @ MIN 34 Final

refs schmefs!! bad calls schmad calls...
I have no patience for ref whiners.

If a team wants to win THEN WIN!! BEAT THE OTHER TEAM, BEAT THE REFS
BEAT THE WEATHER, BEAT THE CROWD, GET SO FAR AHEAD THAT YOU CANT LOSE.

If a team wants to leave the score close enough that the
refs can screw them, then oh well, that team does not deserve to win.

Missed/bad/unfair calls are part of life.
Get ahead, stay ahead. Do what it takes to WIN!!!
If you cant, if you dont, then take it like a man.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-31 10:17 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 31, 2013 12:03

My picks for the wildcard round: KC, SD, GB & Philly. More than a couple of upsets in there. I will amend my Hawk march to NJ: we beat GB, Carolina & beat KC in the Super Bowl. I don't like SF in the tundra with a well rested Aaron Rogers. That place is a hell hole in the playoffs & NO on the road in a cold climate speaks for itself. On the AFC side, not so sure about Indy or Cinncinati. SD is hot & KC has the ground game & D. Some really good news on the Hawk front: after much speculation, Percy Harvin is ready to go & has 2 weeks to prepare. A secret weapon for the playoffs! I'm going to try & get some tickets today but it will probably be futile. We'll see. I can't really go into to debt to go to the game at this point (some surgery probably in my near future) & don't want to spend my future's bet earnings before I have them! GO HAWKS!

Date: December 31, 2013 13:45

crholmstrom
My picks for the wildcard round: KC, SD, GB & Philly. More than a couple of upsets in there. I will amend my Hawk march to NJ: we beat GB, Carolina & beat KC in the Super Bowl. I don't like SF in the tundra with a well rested Aaron Rogers. That place is a hell hole in the playoffs & NO on the road in a cold climate speaks for itself. On the AFC side, not so sure about Indy or Cinncinati. SD is hot & KC has the ground game & D. Some really good news on the Hawk front: after much speculation, Percy Harvin is ready to go & has 2 weeks to prepare. A secret weapon for the playoffs! I'm going to try & get some tickets today but it will probably be futile. We'll see. I can't really go into to debt to go to the game at this point (some surgery probably in my near future) & don't want to spend my future's bet earnings before I have them! GO HAWKS!

I am loving your predictions C smileys with beer
That is GREAT NEWS for you about Harvin, a secret weapon indeed.
Have a very Happy New Years eve and have fun!! smileys with beer

Date: December 31, 2013 13:53

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom

I am loving your predictions C smileys with beer
That is GREAT NEWS for you about Harvin, a secret weapon indeed.
Have a very Happy New Years eve and have fun!! smileys with beer

You too, Max's. I'm lying low because yesterday was chemo day. Is a blessing though I was able to do it without having to take days off work. Work has been pretty cool about it but I definitely don't take more days than I have to. They're letting me work from home the last 2 days of the week. Thank God for the Family Medical Leave Act! Some good government intervention for a change. As long as I jump through the hoops, I'm bullet proof. I think we are in for an awesome playoff season! GO HAWKS! WOO HOO!smileys with beer

Date: January 1, 2014 00:25

No luck on playoff tickets. It was a long shot anyway. Got caught in some weird loop on Ticketmaster. I was in right when they went on sale. I may have a source though. Find out next week. Really crappy seats are going for $300 on the resale site. I just refuse to pay that for a football game. Not fiscally prudent.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 2, 2014 23:38

My colleague in my office has Seahawks season tickets so I'm sure he won't be selling his tickets! Doesn't take too long to drive to Seattle from BC.
My Bears re-signed Jay Cutler to a 7 year deal today. I'm sure there's alot of Bears fans that are happy and alot that aren't. This past year, it was the defense that let them down, partially due to all the injuries they had. Hopefully they can get a couple key free agents.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 3, 2014 01:40

crholmstrom
No luck on playoff tickets. It was a long shot anyway. Got caught in some weird loop on Ticketmaster. I was in right when they went on sale. I may have a source though. Find out next week. Really crappy seats are going for $300 on the resale site. I just refuse to pay that for a football game. Not fiscally prudent.

I hate hearing that the Scalpers once again win. They have so many technological/illegal tools to compromise efforts of the real fan. Good thing we have HDTV!!

I think next week it will be SF- Seattle & Philly- Carolina. Carolina will be playing at Seattle for the NFC Championship. If you have to fork out money do it for the latter game.

Also, IMO, the Chiefs will beat Indy & NE then succumb to Denver as it will be their third road game in a row.

I do not see Cincy or S.D. as a threat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-03 01:52 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: January 3, 2014 01:55

GO HAWKS!

Date: January 3, 2014 03:41

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

I hate hearing that the Scalpers once again win. They have so many technological/illegal tools to compromise efforts of the real fan. Good thing we have HDTV!!

I think next week it will be SF- Seattle & Philly- Carolina. Carolina will be playing at Seattle for the NFC Championship. If you have to fork out money do it for the latter game.

Also, IMO, the Chiefs will beat Indy & NE then succumb to Denver as it will be their third road game in a row.

The weather forecast for the game on the frozen tundra is lovely: a high of 0 degrees F, low a chilly -18 F on Sunday! Dare I say it? Perhaps there may be some whining going on about how unfair the weather is?>grinning smiley< GO HAWKS!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-03 04:23 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 3, 2014 04:17

My picks include at least one upset:

Kansas City
Cincy
New Orleans
San Francisco

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 4, 2014 01:38

All games are now sold out. This should bode well with the hometown fans who can't afford to attend the playoff games and now will not be subjected to a TV blackout.

Many Tickets are still up for sell on websites such as Stub Hub, Tickets Now, etc... Makes one wonder who bought the remaning tix to prevent a blackout. Not important, however, I find it interesting if not suspicious.

Date: January 4, 2014 02:05

In the spirit of the season, should the GB/SF game be called the Whine & Cheese Bowl? Credit to my Hawk lady friend for that one.grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-04 02:07 by crholmstrom.

Date: January 4, 2014 03:00

crholmstrom
In the spirit of the season, should the GB/SF game be called the Whine & Cheese Bowl? Credit to my Hawk lady friend for that one.grinning smiley
Probably going to be called ICE BOWL II.

It could surpass THE 1967 ICE BOWL I as the
coldest NFL game ever played. It is going to be KERRAZZIECOLD!!

Packers-49ers wild-card matchup
could be coldest game in NFL history
[nfl.si.com]
When the San Francisco 49ers set foot on the frozen tundra of Lambeau this Sunday, the weather could set a new record for an NFL game. According to Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, an AccuWeather forecast for the wild-card contest calls for a high temperature of -5 degrees, and a wind chill that could drop to as low as -51 degrees.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 4, 2014 21:40

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom

[nfl.si.com]
When the San Francisco 49ers set foot on the frozen tundra of Lambeau this Sunday, the weather could set a new record for an NFL game. According to Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, an AccuWeather forecast for the wild-card contest calls for a high temperature of -5 degrees, and a wind chill that could drop to as low as -51 degrees.

Yes, the ice bowl seems to occur in Green Bay (and/or Chicago) from time to time.
Obviously will be low scoring game till some late 4th quarter heroics.

Date: January 4, 2014 22:50

nightskyman
Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom

[nfl.si.com]

Yes, the ice bowl seems to occur in Green Bay (and/or Chicago) from time to time.
Obviously will be low scoring game till some late 4th quarter heroics.

Calling Mr. Rodgers! He might just need that sweater tomorrow.

Date: January 5, 2014 03:06

KC/Indy. What a wild game! Looked like it was over beginning of 2nd half. Nice season for KC regardless. They'll be back next year. Saw the opponent list for next year. AFC & NFC west are going to clash. Should be fun!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 5, 2014 03:15

What a monumental collapse by KC!! I stopped watching at the beginning of the third quarter when KC got the interception and TD.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 5, 2014 03:17

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

The weather forecast for the game on the frozen tundra is lovely: a high of 0 degrees F, low a chilly -18 F on Sunday! Dare I say it? Perhaps there may be some whining going on about how unfair the weather is?>grinning smiley< GO HAWKS!

Geez you just can't stop with the whining/whiners references in regards to SF. It's extremely lame. The only thing that just doesn't seem right is SF at 12-4 having to play on the road against a 8-7 team that they beat in the regular season. Three of the four first round games have teams with superior records having to play on the road. Look for some changes in the playoff seeding format in the near future.
But until then it is what is and SF will just have to deal with it! Go Niners!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 03:21 by No Expectations.

Date: January 5, 2014 03:25

crholmstrom
KC/Indy. What a wild game! Looked like it was over beginning of 2nd half. Nice season for KC regardless. They'll be back next year. Saw the opponent list for next year. AFC & NFC west are going to clash. Should be fun!

One of my favorite first halfs of football ever, even with the star of our team getting injured and going out of the game in the first 5 minutes. After Jamaal was gone I thought the way we scored was crazy. It was all over the place and the way our defense contained Luck was great... but no lead is safe and as we lost more and more players to injury it became not as fun.

Luck is a heck of a QB, he doesnt quit, just look at that amazing play with that fumble and then recovery and score at the goal line, that was crazy good on him. Congrat to Indy.... they did good... what a comeback.

I am still delighted with how The Chiefs did this year, no one expected them to do this well, and if we can get some some WRs in the offseason I think Alex Smith showed he can throw to them, and next year could be the year to get this 20 years play-off monkey of out back. At this point I guess we should name it... the curse of bambino...no that is taken... curse of the goat.... no that is taken too... curse of the.... ah... who knows.... maybe.... Curse of the curses

Oh well, even if Bowe had gotten his foot in bounds on thalast play and we won the close game today, I doubt we would have won again next week, not with all of our players who got injured today. It was a heck of year though. It was the most fun I have had watching them in 8-9 years. And next year should be just as fun, or more

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 03:30 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 5, 2014 03:25

DGA35
What a monumental collapse by KC!! I stopped watching at the beginning of the third quarter when KC got the interception and TD.

KC is a joke. There shouldn't off even made the playoffs. True colors came through ... again.

Date: January 5, 2014 03:31

The next 3 games should be great to watch...
and then next week, the best week of football all year.

Date: January 5, 2014 03:39

Max'sKansasCity
The next 3 games should be great to watch...
and then next week, the best week of football all year.

Do not see the Chargers doing anything at Cincy but the other two games should be close.

Date: January 5, 2014 03:48

Max'sKansasCity
crholmstrom

One of my favorite first halfs of football ever, even with the star of our team getting injured and going out of the game in the first 5 minutes. After Jamaal was gone I thought the way we scored was crazy. It was all over the place and the way our defense contained Luck was great... but no lead is safe and as we lost more and more players to injury it became not as fun.

Luck is a heck of a QB, he doesnt quit, just look at that amazing play with that fumble and then recovery and score at the goal line, that was crazy good on him. Congrat to Indy.... they did good... what a comeback.

I am still delighted with how The Chiefs did this year, no one expected them to do this well, and if we can get some some WRs in the offseason I think Alex Smith showed he can throw to them, and next year could be the year to get this 20 years play-off monkey of out back. At this point I guess we should name it... the curse of bambino...no that is taken... curse of the goat.... no that is taken too... curse of the.... ah... who knows.... maybe.... Curse of the curses

Oh well, even if Bowe had gotten his foot in bounds on thalast play and we won the close game today, I doubt we would have won again next week, not with all of our players who got injured today. It was a heck of year though. It was the most fun I have had watching them in 8-9 years. And next year should be just as fun, or more

Glad they did well...means SF gets a 2nd round pick!

Date: January 5, 2014 04:15

No Expectations

You guys had that 8 games in, and it was a great deal for both teams. WIN/WIN. I like Alex, I feared for his life a couple of times when he was running like a mad man, but he survived the season, some other players, not so much. I guess we will see how they are, although it may take years.

This whole concussion issue and the lawsuits could drastically change the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-05 04:16 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: January 5, 2014 04:32

Max'sKansasCity
No Expectations

You guys had that 8 games in, and it was a great deal for both teams. WIN/WIN. I like Alex, I feared for his life a couple of times when he was running like a mad man, but he survived the season, some other players, not so much. I guess we will see how they are, although it may take years.

This whole concussion issue and the lawsuits could drastically change the game.

I think it's already changed the game.

Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: January 5, 2014 04:41

Both QBs were on fire today in KC Indy game. I almost quit watching after KC soared right in 3rd quarter. What a comeback! reminded me of the Bills-Oilers game ages ago.
The 64 yard pass by Luck and then the score from the fumble - insane.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 5, 2014 06:06

Great game going on right now with Saints/Eagles. Foles is looking pretty good, a lot better than he did in Dallas. He was still good enough to win that game, but he was really bad at times.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home