Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 58
Re: OT: Now that N. America is over
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:07

This tour has been one of the great concert experiences of my life. I got on board last spring after realizing the anniversary was coming. I joined IORR and was determined to make as many shows as I could. I made it to 3, Brooklyn, Boston 1 and Philly 1 with some of my closest friends, never paying more than 100 bucks for any ticket. In Philly I was rewarded lower lodge right above the pit, the best seats in the house. Every note from every night was fantastic and the circus atmosphere is unequaled. I was proud to be a Stones fan this year and believe they've become the most generous performers with their spirit in entertainment.. Thank you Rolling Stones and all here on IORR who have added so much to this experience. Special thanks to BV...

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:08

Don't Stop

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:13

They wwill be the support act for Sons of The Beatles smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:21

If the setlist stays the same, I wont go.
If the prices stay the same, I wont go.

BOOM![/quote]

Good.
I only like to go to shows where the majority of the crowd are fans.

BOOM!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:23

flacnvinyl
RollingFreak
Just a question: would their ticket sales and prices hurt their chances of coming back to the US? I know someone that works for Livenation that said they passed on the tour because the prices were so outlandish (as we all said as well). Now obviously the Stones got paid, and its not like the shows were empty come showtime, but would people want to take a chance on this again or would everyone pass over the offer if they decided to come back, seeing what happened over the last two months. Or, does it seem desperate if the Stones come back and drastically lower their prices.

Let's talk about the alternative... The Stones come back and do a tour for their FANS.. Stadiums in the fall. Tickets are $1000 for the first 10 rows, $600 for the next 20 rows, $250 for close lowers and floors, $150 for close upper deck and further away lowers, and $50 for less desirable seats. And since we're in my dreamworld at the moment... the stage is IN THE ROUND, they spend more money on PA than lighting, screen and stupid animated videos combined. They open every show with Little Queenie and end with the Last Time.

BOOM!

yes! the money on the PA would be well spent and the band and singer are way too distracted by the rest of the frivolity.
it's hard to pull that off in a stadium though, i'd love to see them stick to arenas.
for the ticket prices i think they should charge through the nose for the the 10% best seats (of courase having a lottery and lots of giveaways for some of those seats to put real fans without the coin up there as well) and then price the rest of the seats as low as possible. just like airlines - first/business class is insanely expensive, and coach is a darn goor price.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:42

flacnvinyl

Let's talk about the alternative... The Stones come back and do a tour for their FANS.. Stadiums in the fall. Tickets are $1000 for the first 10 rows, $600 for the next 20 rows, $250 for close lowers and floors, $150 for close upper deck and further away lowers, and $50 for less desirable seats. And since we're in my dreamworld at the moment... the stage is IN THE ROUND, they spend more money on PA than lighting, screen and stupid animated videos combined. They open every show with Little Queenie and end with the Last Time.

BOOM!

How about they play somewhere other than the US as an 'alternative' ?

That market has been exhausted this year. You folks have had your chance for 2013.

They havent played continental Europe in six years and the rest of the world in seven years.

Forget stadium tours. Thats over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 21:42 by Gazza.

Date: June 25, 2013 21:43

Gazza
flacnvinyl

BOOM!

That market has been exhausted this year. You folks have had your chance for 2013.

They havent played continental Europe in six years and the rest of the world in seven years.

Still they have not done a run in New York!!!! Yankee Stadium is my guess.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:46

Gazza
flacnvinyl

BOOM!

just based on where i see their fans having the most energy/interest level, continental europe and latin america are def due before they come back to the US.

i agree a stadium tour would probably be a disaster.

Date: June 25, 2013 22:08

DoomandGloom
Gazza
flacnvinyl

BOOM!

They played NY in December and two shows in Newark which is a short bus ride away.

Theyre not going to construct a stadium stage for one or two venues.

I'm pretty sure there'll be another run of US dates but there's no logic in doing so this year.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 22:18

Sounds right. Certainly Latin America and Continental dates. I also imagine they will play New York again. Health allowing. The people who think they have planned retirement after the UK festivals are likely going to be disappointed.

Date: June 25, 2013 22:22

sonomastone
Gazza
flacnvinyl

BOOM!

just based on where i see their fans having the most energy/interest level, continental europe and latin america are def due before they come back to the US.

i agree a stadium tour would probably be a disaster.

I agree, IF there is a next stop it will be in Europe or South America. And, please, no more outdoor stadium tours! Age, excessive heat/cold, are bad on us old geezers!

Date: June 25, 2013 22:31

Gazza
DoomandGloom
Gazza
flacnvinyl

BOOM!

They played NY in December and two shows in Newark which is a short bus ride away.

Theyre not going to construct a stadium stage for one or two venues.

I'm pretty sure there'll be another run of US dates but there's no logic in doing so this year.
Jersey is not New York, The Stones are New Yorkers, they will do something special there before they're done.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 25, 2013 22:44

ChrisM
EG1964
file:///C:/Users/Eric/Pictures/stonesone.png
Were you attempting to upload pics from this location on your hard drive?

EG, first you have to upload the pictures to a web location like tinypic.com, then you link to them here. I bet we would all like to see your pciture, give it a try.

Date: June 25, 2013 22:47

BlackHat
They wwill be the support act for Sons of The Beatles smiling bouncing smiley

You really need to stop obsessing over the sons of the Beatles! cool smiley

Date: June 25, 2013 22:54

Gazza
flacnvinyl

BOOM!

Forget stadium tours? Glad to see you have changed your mind.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 25, 2013 23:04

Gazza

I believe if you ask the posters in the forum from the southern U.S., they will tell you that the U.S. market has not even been half saturated as yet.

You folks in the UK will have your chance again in a few weeks, and I agree Europe and elsewhere should have some shows.

With their present touring arrangements, now that they have graduated beyond the large-scale 2-year stadium blow-out tours, they seem to be concentrating on just one or two markets at a time for a small batch of concentrated shows before taking a few months off.

But they may do another leg this fall to satisfy the southern leg of the U.S., as they usually don't move on to Europe and elsewhere until the following year of a tour.

Hope they come back to Boston (relatively) soon!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 25, 2013 23:21

Gazza you are spot on regarding the rest of the world. I have friends across the globe who would happily pay $2k to see the Stones, but couldn't afford to travel to the colonies or the UK.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 25, 2013 23:25

MisterDDDD
flacnvinyl

BOOM!

Good.
I only like to go to shows where the majority of the crowd are fans.

BOOM!

So I am not a fan unless it is unconditional? The Stones are not my wife, they are a band. If they do not bring anything new to the table, and are too expensive, then I am out. They are still my favorite band and always will be, but right now they are not treating me like a fan.. "Hey we're alive so give us $600 for a $150 seat."

I didn't skip out on this tour. I stayed a week in Chicago and saw two great shows. My father who is also a huge fan has never seen Taylor play with them. If they don't change anything I wont be missing out. Youtube and Dimeadozen for me.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 25, 2013 23:43

Maybe as they age we will see somethiong akin to Dylan's never ending tour concept. A couple of months on the road at a relaxed pace, a couple of months off, and then another short haul, never ending, ever beginning, until the reaper takes it all away from us.Not a bad idea, and that could go on long enough for Beast, Paulywauly and I to get in more shows for our addiction in more countries at a less financially ruinous pace then ABB and Licks were winking smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 26, 2013 00:17

Thank GOD no more stadiums!!!! I can wait until 2014 for my next fix....sure, I'm saying that NOW because I saw them last WEEK! But I know it's t ime for Europe to share in the joy! I hope that Hyde Park is blissful!

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 00:18

kahoosier
Maybe as they age we will see somethiong akin to Dylan's never ending tour concept. A couple of months on the road at a relaxed pace, a couple of months off, and then another short haul, never ending, ever beginning, until the reaper takes it all away from us.Not a bad idea, and that could go on long enough for Beast, Paulywauly and I to get in more shows for our addiction in more countries at a less financially ruinous pace then ABB and Licks were winking smiley

Would be nice ... except dylan continues to record vital new music and makes it part of his performances. as a result, he's not quite so much an oldies/nostalgia act as The Stones.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 26, 2013 00:24

kahoosier

Highly doubtful. They are not artistically driven like Dylan. They don't enjoy the fans all that much if ticket prices are any indication. How many more times will you enjoy seeing them playing the same iron fist of warhorses over and over? They're way too rich and comfortable at this stage to give their lives over to playing the music they made 40 years ago again and again. Charlie wants to play jazz. Keith wants to play with whatever amalgam the Winos are in this day and age. And you know Jagger has been pining to jettison the group since the early 80s.

I'll say one thing, once they stop touring for a while, it will be even harder to gather them together again than it was this time, which was excruciating.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 26, 2013 00:29

LongBeachArena72
Would be nice ... except dylan continues to record vital new music and makes it part of his performances. as a result, he's not quite so much an oldies/nostalgia act as The Stones.
Dylan recorded one of his best albums in years and then didn't play it for an entire fall tour right after it was released. I hardly call that making it part of his performances.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 01:16

RollingFreak
LongBeachArena72
Dylan recorded one of his best albums in years and then didn't play it for an entire fall tour right after it was released. I hardly call that making it part of his performances.

Bob's last show -- May 2013, in St Augustine, FL:

Things Have Changed
Love Sick
High Water (For Charley Patton)
Soon after Midnight
Early Roman Kings
Tangled Up in Blue
Pay in Blood
Visions of Johanna
Spirit on the Water
Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
Blind Willie McTell
What Good Am I?
Thunder on the Mountain
Scarlet Town
All Along the Watchtower
Encore:
Ballad of a Thin Man

16 songs.

3 songs from the 60's.

1 song from the 70's.

2 songs from the 80's.

10 songs from the last 15 years (1998-2013), including 4 songs from his very latest album.

Can you imagine The Stones playing over 60% of their set from the last 15 years ... or having a new album they'd play 4 songs from?

Date: June 26, 2013 04:35

stonehearted
Gazza

I believe if you ask the posters in the forum from the southern U.S., they will tell you that the U.S. market has not even been half saturated as yet.

You folks in the UK will have your chance again in a few weeks, and I agree Europe and elsewhere should have some shows.

With their present touring arrangements, now that they have graduated beyond the large-scale 2-year stadium blow-out tours, they seem to be concentrating on just one or two markets at a time for a small batch of concentrated shows before taking a few months off.

But they may do another leg this fall to satisfy the southern leg of the U.S., as they usually don't move on to Europe and elsewhere until the following year of a tour.

Hope they come back to Boston (relatively) soon!

Again?

The only city in Europe, let alone the UK, the Stones have played on this tour is London. Theres a lot more to both regions than just one city.

You're absolutely correct that theyve ignored the southern part of the US. The sad reality is, however, that between themselves and AEG they've chosen to do so for the simple reason that there wasnt enough money in it. The average ticket price on this tour was something like $370. More than double what the already exorbitantly priced Bigger Bang tour was in 2005-07.

Theres only so many markets that can sustain those sort of prices. Its a huge risk for any promoter. The south probably isnt in that category, which is shameful but a sad reality of the way Stones Inc works nowadays. Even on the tour theyve just done, theyve had to paper most venues with cut price tickets (and more $85 tickets than they planned to) to fill them. The Stones dont care as they get their guarantee regardless of whether they sell 5,000 tickets or 20,000 tickets, but AEG must have been collectively shitting bricks over the last two months. Some hard thinking required for any would be promoter to do that next time, and I'd imagine AEG would be very wary of repeating it. No wonder Branson & Dainty pulled out on promoting this tour. The overheads for them is enormous and whilst they can cash in on a mini tour like last year when the band are playing 2-3 shows per continent, its a different ball game when you extend that to an 18 date tour in 11 cities in one market.

I'm confident they'll tour again this autumn, but I believe it'll be continental Europe. So many markets to try out with short bursts of touring. Maybe they'll try some more US cities next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 04:36 by Gazza.

Date: June 26, 2013 05:14

24FPS
kahoosier

Highly doubtful. They are not artistically driven like Dylan. They don't enjoy the fans all that much if ticket prices are any indication. How many more times will you enjoy seeing them playing the same iron fist of warhorses over and over? They're way too rich and comfortable at this stage to give their lives over to playing the music they made 40 years ago again and again. Charlie wants to play jazz. Keith wants to play with whatever amalgam the Winos are in this day and age. And you know Jagger has been pining to jettison the group since the early 80s.

I'll say one thing, once they stop touring for a while, it will be even harder to gather them together again than it was this time, which was excruciating.

To be honest with you I really have little interest in following more of the same if that is what's in store for us. A new album would give me something to get excited about. A DVD would be something to get excited about.

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 26, 2013 05:52

Even though they did play 18 shows in the continental US, they came nowhere near the south and the truth is that as long as fans are paying these prices they will continue to tour and ask to be paid these amounts. I'm certain they will come to the southern US this fall and play Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Memphis, New Orleans,texas

Posted by: 1967fan ()
Date: June 26, 2013 07:40

The Stones will never play in North America again, sadly. It is done.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 26, 2013 09:17

The circle is complete.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 26, 2013 09:29

Gazza
flacnvinyl

BOOM!

Forget stadium tours. That's over.

<<< How about they play somewhere other than the US as an 'alternative' ? >>>

Exactly, the world doesn't begin and end at the U.S. border

<<< That market has been exhausted this year. You folks have had your chance for 2013 >>>

Indeed, it's other peoples' turn now

<<< They haven't played continental Europe in six years and the rest of the world in seven years >>>

So it's about time they did, and with luck ........ they WILL !!

<<< Forget stadium tours. That's over >>>

GOOD !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home