Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #3
Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 8, 2013 09:45

AEG is owned by Phil Anschutz, a billionaire, whose holding company is located in Denver, CO - where I live. If this does not get resolved in an acceptable way for Tier 1 & 2 purchasers, within a few days, I plan to visit their office and not leave until I can make a personal complaint with a responsible officer. The office is located at 555 17th St., Ste. 2400
Denver, CO 80202 Phone: 303-298-1000

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 10:13

mattleeuk
"Unwind Backstage Bar"

The bar that was never backstage and now doesn't even exist... The whole thing is unwinding!

There will be an exclusive bar backstage, for the Barclays premium tickets holder who want to relax:

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #4
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 8, 2013 11:26

These expensive ticket packages are like those pricey "exclusive" box sets on the Stones online store...you get a £10 CD but end up paying 10x that for a lot of cheap knick-knacks that you'll never use.

These special enclosures (hey, Stones gigs are sounding a lot like Ascot these days :-)) are going to be rammed with thousands of people. You may be physically closer to the stage, but it will be the same cattle market as GA.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 8, 2013 11:35

IGTBA
AEG is owned by Phil Anschutz, a billionaire, whose holding company is located in Denver, CO - where I live. If this does not get resolved in an acceptable way for Tier 1 & 2 purchasers, within a few days, I plan to visit their office and not leave until I can make a personal complaint with a responsible officer. The office is located at 555 17th St., Ste. 2400

Support you 100%.
Please let us know the outcome.

From a T2 + bar £100 ripped of ex Stones fan

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 8, 2013 12:04

Jan Richards

I'm very disapointed in The Stones right now, but I will never be an ex stones fan.

Have you heard Exile On Main St?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 8, 2013 12:27

IGTBA

thumbs up

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 12:41

IGTBA

So not only do you have more money than sense but also more time too? Just downgrade to t3 and be glad they had the good will to let you, and stop throwing your dummy out of the pram.

At first I had sympathy with people who had purchased tickets that had a misleading description. However, it now seems that despite being offered various options that no other ticket holder has the choice of, they are still complaining. Will you not be content until the layout has been altered to your own personal choice to suit your selfish agenda to the detriment of the vast majority of concert goers?

Upgrade, downgrade or get your money back. Simple choice.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: April 8, 2013 13:00

Well, this thread has become a real huge one? I can't really find my way through.

Could anyone highlight me, please?

- What's the final outlay of the concert ground now?

- What's been the official reaction on the confusion, by the Stones or by the ticket vending offices?

If these questions can be answered as of yet.

Thanks - dead.flowers

"May the good Lord shine a light on you ..."

Date: April 8, 2013 13:09

dead.flowers
Well, this thread has become a real huge one? I can't really find my way through.

UNCHANGED - Tier1/2 on the side with access to a "garden" and loos...

- What's been the official reaction on the confusion, by the Stones or by the ticket vending offices?
Only AEG's boss has reacted, with a PR answer saying people could be refunded. I'd expect more developments today as everyone is back in office and to their emails though...

Thanks - dead.flowers

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 8, 2013 13:23

Tier 1 tickets are probably acceptable for the price; it really depends on how far off to the left the section is. Tier 2 are a rip off. You could get that close by going a couple of hours early.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 8, 2013 13:29

sjs12
IGTBA

So not only do you have more money than sense but also more time too? Just downgrade to t3 and be glad they had the good will to let you, and stop throwing your dummy out of the pram.

At first I had sympathy with people who had purchased tickets that had a misleading description. However, it now seems that despite being offered various options that no other ticket holder has the choice of, they are still complaining. Will you not be content until the layout has been altered to your own personal choice to suit your selfish agenda to the detriment of the vast majority of concert goers?

Now I know for sure that you are a troll. I'll be ignoring all your posts from now on.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 8, 2013 13:37

My thoughts are that Mick and Keef and maybe to a lesser extent,Ronnie and Charlie,don't give a sh*t about all this fiasco.
They do the gig,leave the stage,money in the bank from our hard earned selves and move on to the next show.
Only redeeming thing will be if Mick and/or Keith give us some sort of explanation on video about why this has happened.

I know I am in cloud cuckoo land on that one,as it's not gonna happen.

The Rolling Stones are ultimately responsible for this fiasco and ''the buck stops here''. sad smiley

Date: April 8, 2013 13:48

Not fair to blame the Stones... they are making efforts to have GA T3 at the front, have some $85 tickets for any US concert, possibly in the pit... it's just the promoter who tried to make money even on this configuration, by making up FOS circles that couldn't exist because the Stones said they didn't want any.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 8, 2013 13:48

BowieStone
Jan Richards

I'm very disapointed in The Stones right now, but I will never be an ex stones fan.

Have you heard Exile On Main St?

haha, I have about 20 copies of Exile on vinyl. But for me that is actually not a very good album. SF is far superior. But lets not open that discussion again smiling smileyI will modify my statement a bit:
I will still be a fan of their music but everything else connected to the Stones, I'v had it. No more t-shirts, no more new Cd's, no more Live gigs and so on. I will occasionally buy some old Decca LP's from the 60's to complete my collection, but that's about it really.
I simply don't want to be part of modern way of promotion / tour arrangements / re-issues of Some Girls and what not. T-shirt are all packed away by now, won't have them on after this. I just simply don't want to be connected with the band in any way

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 8, 2013 14:02

The promoters and the management are responable for this fiasco, not the Stones themselves...my opinion.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: April 8, 2013 14:16

steffiestones
The promoters and the management are responable for this fiasco, not the Stones themselves...my opinion.

The Rolling Stones organisation is responsable, just like AEG is.

Date: April 8, 2013 14:18

Rik
steffiestones

You mean the Stones should have refrained from wanting GA T3 to be at the front ? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 8, 2013 14:25

I Agree with the Marquee solution of splitting the "pit". Tier 2 would actually see the whole stage better and the sound would probably be better than in the very first rows.

Personally, I have yet to file any complaint to AEG or anywhere else. Wait and see mode here.

I do have to point out, that you would be dreaming in Technicolor if you thought they will let you in AND give your money back. Just not happening.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: April 8, 2013 14:27

beepee2
dead.flowers

UNCHANGED - Tier1/2 on the side with access to a "garden" and loos...

Only AEG's boss has reacted, with a PR answer saying people could be refunded. I'd expect more developments today as everyone is back in office and to their emails though...

Thanks - dead.flowers

Yes, thanks so much, beepee2, for bothering to put me up-to-date.

Date: April 8, 2013 14:28

beepee2
Rik
steffiestones

You mean the Stones should have refrained from wanting GA T3 to be at the front ? eye rolling smiley

It will all be down to somebody's incompetence. Even the email I received from BST on the Wednesday about the BST presale was wrong - it stated that I could buy tickets "right now" when the link wasn't due to be activated till the following day.

The place is probably run by a bunch of airhead teenagers.

Date: April 8, 2013 14:51

nobodyimportant
sjs12
IGTBA

Now I know for sure that you are a troll. I'll be ignoring all your posts from now on.

No I'm not a troll but just someone who has a different opinion to you but if the way you deal with anything that does not agree with your view is to ignore it and hope it goes away then you do that. In the meantime I will write to aeg on behalf of the 60000 people who bought GA tickets and ask them not to cave in to a few rich people who are complaining and making threats just because the option does not exist to be able to buy a privileged position at the detriment of those with less money.

I repeat. AEG have realised they made a mistake. They have offered a full refund to those affected as they should do. As an additional good will gesture they have offered the option of upgrading or downgrading. Anyone who is now complaining is therefore only complaining because the option of being able to prevent less well off people getting to the front does nor exist.

I'm not being nasty here. AEG were wrong to put a misleading description up but they have offered a refund. For those who would have bought a different ticket with the knowledge they now have, you can upgrade or downgrade. Or am I missing something?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 8, 2013 14:57

sjs12
nobodyimportant
sjs12
IGTBA

No I'm not a troll but just someone who has a different opinion to you but if the way you deal with anything that does not agree with your view is to ignore it and hope it goes away then you do that. In the meantime I will write to aeg on behalf of the 60000 people who bought GA tickets and ask them not to cave in to a few rich people who are complaining and making threats just because the option does not exist to be able to buy a privileged position at the detriment of those with less money.

I repeat. AEG have realised they made a mistake. They have offered a full refund to those affected as they should do. As an additional good will gesture they have offered the option of upgrading or downgrading. Anyone who is now complaining is therefore only complaining because the option of being able to prevent less well off people getting to the front does nor exist.

I'm not being nasty here. AEG were wrong to put a misleading description up but they have offered a refund. For those who would have bought a different ticket with the knowledge they now have, you can upgrade or downgrade. Or am I missing something?

"...a few rich people..." I am NOT rich.

"...They have offered a full refund to those affected as they should do..."
Far from everyone, just a few have recieved a refund offer.
Most customers in Tier 1/2 don't even know about this mess I suspect.

Date: April 8, 2013 15:16

The Worst.
sjs12
nobodyimportant
sjs12
IGTBA

"...a few rich people..." I am NOT rich.

"...They have offered a full refund to those affected as they should do..."
Far from everyone, just a few have recieved a refund offer.
Most customers in Tier 1/2 don't even know about this mess I suspect.

Well that's fair enough. And a different point. Of course AEG should notify all customers of the mistake and offer them a refund. Presumably if you are given a refund or the option to upgrade or downgrade you'll be happy with that though?

Posted by: wsmbm ()
Date: April 8, 2013 15:17

I asked for a refund and they have emailed today asking what ticket agent I used. Hope they process my refund soon - feel totally ripped off and fed up with the whole thing. I will let you know if i get the full amount back (booking fees etc).

Date: April 8, 2013 15:32

wsmbm
I asked for a refund and they have emailed today asking what ticket agent I used. Hope they process my refund soon - feel totally ripped off and fed up with the whole thing. I will let you know if i get the full amount back (booking fees etc).

I'm not asking for a refund.

I'm going to go to the gig hoping that my view won't be as badly affected as it looks on the plan. If it is bad, then I shall complain to Office of Fair Trading or whatever, and AEG will almost certainly have to pay me something to compensate me for not providing what they advertised. At least I will have been to the gig, and they won't have been able to sell my ticket to some other sucker customer.

Posted by: kernowmod ()
Date: April 8, 2013 15:35

I am keeping my tickets, I have emailed Barclaycard & put an official complaint in, they are going to send me some paperwork to fill in, in the mean time they have suspended any payments on my credit card against this transaction.

So i may not get the changes I want, but someone is going to have to explain to Barclaycard why they have change the layout, & sold me tickets that never did exist.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: April 8, 2013 15:38

Just got an email from AEG also asking about the ticket agent and order no., stating that "we will look into sorting this for you". Let's see what happens.

Date: April 8, 2013 15:40

nobodyimportant
wsmbm

I'm going to go to the gig hoping that my view won't be as badly affected as it looks on the plan. If it is bad, then I shall complain to Office of Fair Trading or whatever, and AEG will almost certainly have to pay me something to compensate me for not providing what they advertised. At least I will have been to the gig, and they won't have been able to sell my ticket to some other sucker customer.

I complained to the promoter once when my view was blocked by a post. I got put in the VIP section at the front. You never know your luck.

But why not downgrade to GA and get to the front row? That way your day won't be ruined if you're disappointed with the view.

Posted by: PrivateGodfrey2 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 16:06

sjs12 your comments sum up the situation well.

I hope the comments of all these cry babies are not taken too seriously by the management companies. We should be congratulating the Stones for allowing the average earner a chance to see them close. If you had £300 to spend on seeing them then you had your chance last year, now its time to get your refund and stop whinging. Well done Mr Jagger and Co.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 8, 2013 16:08

sjs12
nobodyimportant
wsmbm

I complained to the promoter once when my view was blocked by a post. I got put in the VIP section at the front. You never know your luck.

But why not downgrade to GA and get to the front row? That way your day won't be ruined if you're disappointed with the view.

I thought VIP sections were against your principles? Btw, getting there early and waiting isn't always an option - some old people have to piss every two hours. That might not be very rock'n'roll but that's how it is.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home