Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #5
Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:07

APR 08, 2013 | 05:13PM UTC
Drew @ Front Gate Tickets replied:
Tier 2 will have access closer than the Tier 3 tickets. The map posted on the Rolling Stones Twitter was incorrect. The Festival will be posting the correct map on their website shortly. I apologize for the miscommunication.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

LOL !!! The fail is strong in those.

What bunch of water carriers is running this AEG / Front Gate mess ?! It's been 5 days and still conflicting versions, FOS, then no FOS, then small FOS... Those people need to phone each other !

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:09

@The Worst - sorry to hear Rob hasn't been in touch, odd since he said he was "taking care of us like no one's ever done"...so for a refund it's probably best to do what bartfrombrussels did apparently and contact frontgate directly. I think I might ask for a £100 refund of the now (even more) useless "Unwind Backstage Bar" for a start and see what happens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 01:11 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:16

Well, I will attend the show in one tier or another. I'm not going miss this one.
I'll wait and see how things develop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 01:16 by The Worst..

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:22

The Worst.
Well, I will attend the show in one tier or another. I'm not going miss this one.
I'll wait and see how things develop.

My thoughts exactly. The show is not planned for next week, is it ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: marquee ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:28

Same her.
Hotel and flights are booked. So refunds are not an option.

Stones at the park - We will be there!
Hopefully in a good position to the stage.

Marquee

Posted by: wsmbm ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:34

bartfrombrussels
Tier 2 will have access closer than the Tier 3 tickets. The map posted on the Rolling Stones Twitter was incorrect. The Festival will be posting the correct map on their website shortly. I apologize for the miscommunication.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

IGTBA
Thanks for your constructive feedback and response. Unfortunately the previous e-mail is the best that we can offer in this situation and the official response from AEG. Please let us know whether you would like a full refund on your ticket, or a downgrade to the GA ticket price within 3 business days.

Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Two emails received on the same day with 2 totally different replies about how this shambles situation is going to be sorted. It is clear that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 9, 2013 01:34

marquee
Same her.
Hotel and flights are booked. So refunds are not an option.

Stones at the park - We will be there!
Hopefully in a good position to the stage.

Marquee

Yes! And if we are not - then we will still be entitled to complain!

I hope not many people take refunds, because that is what AEG want - to get rid of us and sell our tickets again to people who will not have the same cause to complain.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 9, 2013 02:10

wsmbm
bartfrombrussels
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

IGTBA
Thanks for your constructive feedback and response. Unfortunately the previous e-mail is the best that we can offer in this situation and the official response from AEG. Please let us know whether you would like a full refund on your ticket, or a downgrade to the GA ticket price within 3 business days.

Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Two emails received on the same day with 2 totally different replies about how this shambles situation is going to be sorted. It is clear that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Actually, the two emails are not in direct conflict. Remember they try to fool you if they can! The first email says "Tier 2 will have access closer .." It does not say Tier 2 will be located closer. The entry access for Tiers 1/2 is closer than the entry access for Tier 3. That does not mean the Tier 2 location is closer. These people are just trying to put out the fire anyway they can. Read everything very carefully!

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: April 9, 2013 03:29

[uksupport.frontgatetickets.com]

is the URL that I used to make my complain. They awnser thru e-mail and than you can reply that e-mail. Succes.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 9, 2013 03:57

bartfrombrussels
[uksupport.frontgatetickets.com]

is the URL that I used to make my complain. They awnser thru e-mail and than you can reply that e-mail. Succes.

What do consider to be sucesss?

So far, I have not had success dealing with anyone working for Rob(ber) Hallett, such as Front Gate.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 04:22 by IGTBA.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 9, 2013 04:45

I am SO sorry that so many of you have been badly treated by AEG...HAlf the pleasure of seeing The Rolling Stones is the ANTICIPATION...knowing that you've got a GOOD seat in a GOOD location.

1969 is a long time ago. That was then. No concessions...no bar...Just great music for free. No one was ripped off in those innocent times. It wasn't about "marketing." So many here seem to be judging today as it was then. 200,000 people plus BUT DEFINITELY NOT 250,00 to 500,000 as has been stated erroneously many times here.

THEN we all got along just fine. It was a time to pay respect to Brian Jones and to hear the Stones with the "new guy," Mick Taylor. NOW, with a "professional" promoter like AEG it's a bloody money-grubbing mess. And I'm very sad to know this.

AND regarding the shipping and international mail charges, completely DISGRACEFUL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 04:46 by stonesrule.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 9, 2013 06:53

I got answer from Front gate tickets. It is exactlty same reply that I got from AEG with one word difference.

In AEGs reply: You are correct that there will be a section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets

In FGTs reply: You are correct that there will be a small section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets.

Based on the recent map I wouldn't say Tier 3 section is small because it is the biggest sections. Maybe they are planning to make Tier 1 section little bit bigger but they are not going to update that map anymore?

The second show on 13th is confirmed and presale starts tomorrow. It will be intresting to see how the tickets are detailed this time.

I really don't know what to do now with my ticket. I'm going to the concert but my opinion is if I'm going to stay in Tier 2 I should have partial refund.
And if the Tier 2 turns out to be even worse than it now seems I might wanna go to Tier 3 but that is the decision I'm able to make not until 6 th July. If I'm not happy then I can complain afterwards but I don't know if thats gonna do any good..

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 9, 2013 09:02

I'm keeping my tier 2 ticket.
I'm going to Wait and see.

I did ask to change shipping to 'will call'. They would take care of that.
I have to look at that as a £30 reduction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 09:19 by BowieStone.

Date: April 9, 2013 09:28

It would be helpful if AEG could actually publish a definitive and correct seating plan/map BEFORE the presale tomorrow for the second date. That's probably asking too much though!

Posted by: belld ()
Date: April 9, 2013 09:34

bartfrombrussels
I got this anwser from a cetain Drew after I asked for a refund for my Tier 2 Barclaycard unwind Backstage Bar. I still want a refund because I don't have any confidence left in BST Full Stop

Regards,
Front Gate Tickets
Time to open a new sticky thread for the Tier 3 patrons to fight an injustice.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 9, 2013 10:19

Did BST just take the map out of their website? They only have a "read more" link at this moment. It doesn't provide any additional info though.

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 9, 2013 10:22

Topi
Did BST just take the map out of their website? They only have a "read more" link at this moment. It doesn't provide any additional info though.

Nope, still there if you go to the tickets section and click on 'Site Map'.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 9, 2013 10:24

Manofwealthandtaste
It would be helpful if AEG could actually publish a definitive and correct seating plan/map BEFORE the presale tomorrow for the second date. That's probably asking too much though!

Ah yes Mr Chris, but the trouble is that you're thinking like a normal rational sensible human being, who goes about his work exhibiting some semblance of professionalism.

But you forget yourself dear Sir, this is AEG we're talking about here, who of late have exhibited nothing but brutal incompetence and a demonstrable LACK of professionalism.

If they ACTUALLY do as you suggest and provide a suitably detailed seating plan/map before the presale starts tomorrow, I will be absolutely astonished. But hopefully, after this particular furore that has erupted over the first Hyde Park show, they will have at least learnt one small thing, which is that is that ..........

people need the correct information up on the site before - and most certainly AT - the time of sale !!

Is that REALLY too much to ask ?

TO AEG - read the above, and kindly act accordingly with respect to the 13th July Rolling Stones show - thank you

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 10:25 by paulywaul.

Date: April 9, 2013 10:28

Date: April 9, 2013 10:37

That is indeed the least they can do!

I took a peek at recent sales on Seatwave and most sales are GA around €180 on average, 2 "Golden Circle" at £440/ticket and 2 "Diamond Circle" at £700/ticket. So about 2x face value, a lot less than the O2 tix so it seems the market has absorbed the shocking info we got delivered by Rob.

BowieStone
I'm keeping my tier 2 ticket.
I'm going to Wait and see.

I did ask to change shipping to 'will call'. They would take care of that.
I have to look at that as a £30 reduction.

Yes it is somewhat of a "gesture", how did you go about getting that, via email after an initial request here : [uksupport.frontgatetickets.com] ?

@all - first message has been updated, let me know if I missed anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 10:50 by gotdablouse.

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED 09/04
Date: April 9, 2013 10:57

At the moment it looks like [www.bst-hydepark.com] has got the descriptions and site map "right" for the July 13th show.

Posted by: ClaireR ()
Date: April 9, 2013 11:02

New to the forum, but I too have been missold the Tier 2 tickets, and have been in contact with AEG / BST and Front Gate. Only AEG have responded with the standard crap.

I am planning to bring my son to his first gig so wanted somewhere where he would be able to see the stage and hear the music (Hyde Park is crap for sound!), I was not planning to be "at the front" but is a position where we could both see the stage so not happy about being moved over to the side (according to the layout on RS Twitter).

All I want to know is what the actual view is going to be like from the side or as AEG put it "guaranteed a position close to the Stage" or from BST "an enclosed area with an excellent view of the main stage". I have asked but nobody is telling me how "close" or "what an excellent view" is.

I did see last week on BST Facebook page that the stage was going to move slightly for a better sound, so not sure how the pictures earlier apply if the stage was to move.

I don't think AEG or BST will change their stance, but I would like some clarification as to what "guaranteed a position close to the Stage" (could mean anything!) or an "excellent view of the main stage" is going to be. I have e-mailed both AEG or BST for this clarification but as yet (and as expected) no response!

All as ask is for some clarification as to the exact position for Tier 1 and Tier 2 to the stage as there is a different descriptions from AEG/BST.

Date: April 9, 2013 11:06

Indeed and the 06/07 purchase page has been updated as well with the "ticket page" descriptions, cut and paste job but without the link to the map : [barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com] (capture below)

It will be interesting to see for the 13th if they try to sell the £100 "Unwind Backstage Bar" packaged again not that they are in essence (even more) useless after Rob' pulled "The Garden" out of his hat on Friday to "reposition" the T1/T2 tickets as VIP packages as opposed to FOS and "Just behind FOS" tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 11:07 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 9, 2013 11:14

gotdablouse
]

Yes it is somewhat of a "gesture", how did you go about getting that, via email after an initial request here : [uksupport.frontgatetickets.com] ?

@all - first message has been updated, let me know if I missed anything.

I think it was because of the form that I filled in on that site. Well I hope it is, because that's where I asked to change the shipping.

It could also be that Rob handled one of my mails where I would like to upgrade and he forwarded that mail to customer service. I hope this is not the case as I don't like to upgrade anymore.

I will find out shortly.

Date: April 9, 2013 11:19

ok, keep us posted, I first thought they'd issued you the £30 refund already, but at this point it's just a request and you're waiting to hear back ? Will be interesting to see if they honor it. That's the least they could do but it might throw a bit of a wrench in the system.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 11:43

I think you can give up hope now, that anything will change about the stage setup. With the second show being announced with the same setup, there is no doubt, that it will stay as it is. They won't have two different setups for two shows.

Take the refund or downgrade to T3 or enjoy the possiblity of late access to good places and sanitary facilities with T1 and T2.

Date: April 9, 2013 11:44

gotdablouse
ok, keep us posted, I first thought they'd issued you the £30 refund already, but at this point it's just a request and you're waiting to hear back ? Will be interesting to see if they honor it. That's the least they could do but it might throw a bit of a wrench in the system.

No they already answered and told me they would arrange it if I give them the booking reference.
Now I'm just wondering if they will arrange my mail to Rob or my mail to Frontgate.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 9, 2013 11:49

bartfrombrussels
I got this anwser from a cetain Drew after I asked for a refund for my Tier 2 Barclaycard unwind Backstage Bar. I still want a refund because I don't have any confidence left in BST Full Stop

Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Is the new map already available..?

It's still confusing imo

Date: April 9, 2013 11:55

The current map is the one that Rob sent on Friday and that appeared in the Ticket Page at the same time, you'll find in on the first page and here : [bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com]. It seems "Drew" was reading from an outdated script originally. The only development since has been the addition of FOS for GA/T2 being a "small" area in the front...which doesn't make much sense since the map shows the whole width for GA pretty much. Maybe they mean there will be an actual FOS section maybe a few row deep that will be protected by barriers from the back?

BowieStone
gotdablouse

No they already answered and told me they would arrange it if I give them the booking reference.
Now I'm just wondering if they will arrange my mail to Rob or my mail to Frontgate.

I see, didn't they say what they would arrange? If it was a reply from Frontgate it's most likely the £30 refund;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 11:57 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Bantambernie ()
Date: April 9, 2013 12:07

For anyone who is interested I just received the following reply from AEG.

Tue 09/04/2013 09:56

Thank you for your email, If you would still like to downgrade your tickets we are happy to do that for you using your booking details provided.

Regards
AEG Live

I would forget about hoping the stage plans will change/go back etc. It is what is. It's totally wrong but the only choice to make as far as the gig is concerned is stick with what you got, upgrade, downgrade - dont go.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home