Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 33 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED 09/04
Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:19

I have e-mailed AEG several times the last days and they have answered many of my questions. I think I will stick to my T2 tickets with the unwind bar thing and just wait and see what the thing really is about the tickets. Anyhow, I will still be able to go in to the T3 section and get closer to stage if I want to. The bar thing means nothing to me, but it was my only option to get "closer to stage". I am using more money than I should on this thing, but beeing such a big fan I will make this a big happening for me and my wife. (This will be her second Stones show...) Maybe the bar thing will make the waiting during the day easyer for my wife, because she have to come with me, and I am planning on beeing there before the doors open.... smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:29

Sounds good! So it seems they confirmed that there would be a way to move out of T2/T1 to T3? Not that surprising, I guess the question is where that access will be possible...from the front or from the back!

Date: April 10, 2013 22:38

gotdablouse
Sounds good! So it seems they confirmed that there would be a way to move out of T2/T1 to T3? Not that surprising, I guess the question is where that access will be possible...from the front or from the back!

Well, all I was told is that we can move freely in and out of the T1 / T2 sections. They also wrote in one mail when asked how far from stage T2 is: "Our production information is still subject to change so I’m afraid I am unable to provide exact distances from the stage to the Tier 2 area. However it is located in a good position in order to see the concert from".

Don`t know if that means that the chart is not final or what. But my guess is that the sections will be as in the posted chart, but that they have not yet decided how far from stage etc they will be located...

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:39

gibsonman
I have e-mailed AEG several times the last days and they have answered many of my questions. I think I will stick to my T2 tickets with the unwind bar thing and just wait and see what the thing really is about the tickets. Anyhow, I will still be able to go in to the T3 section and get closer to stage if I want to. The bar thing means nothing to me, but it was my only option to get "closer to stage". I am using more money than I should on this thing, but beeing such a big fan I will make this a big happening for me and my wife. (This will be her second Stones show...) Maybe the bar thing will make the waiting during the day easyer for my wife, because she have to come with me, and I am planning on beeing there before the doors open.... smiling bouncing smiley

If you go to the bar you'll lose your spot in GA T3.

Date: April 10, 2013 22:47

beepee2
gibsonman

Yes, that is one of my concerns. Guess I have to let the wife go to the bar and buy me beer while I keep our place in T3. drinking smiley But, that will make me go to the toilets alot. And then... Ahh, maybe I will have to think this over...

Anyhow, I will wait and see what the view of the stage will be from T2 before I decide what to do....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:50

gibsonman
beepee2
gibsonman

Yes, that is one of my concerns. Guess I have to let the wife go to the bar and buy me beer while I keep our place in T3. drinking smiley But, that will make me go to the toilets alot. And then... Ahh, maybe I will have to think this over...

Anyhow, I will wait and see what the view of the stage will be from T2 before I decide what to do....

Gotta have a dry time at Hyde

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 10, 2013 23:17

gotdablouse
So it seems they confirmed that there would be a way to move out of T2/T1 to T3? Not that surprising, I guess the question is where that access will be possible...from the front or from the back!

There was never any question that T1 & T2 ticketholders would not be able to move around the entire site. It is a festival, with three other stages and many other artists besides the main stage.

All tickets were sold as General Admission. The more expensive tickets allow entry to restricted areas, that's all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 23:18 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: frysberg ()
Date: April 11, 2013 00:34

Swedish 20 years old kid, need help!!!, I bought a tier 2 ticket but now when they have done the changes they have I'm thinking about complaining and change my ticket to a tier 3. But before I decide and need some advise. I'm a 20 years kid from Sweden who a prepare to wait in queue quite a long time but how long do I need to be there before to get a standing point like my tier 2 ticket or better? I know it is a very speculative question. But do you guys think I have something to lose? I save 100£ and my waiting limit is maybe 10-15 hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-11 00:35 by frysberg.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 11, 2013 00:39

frysberg
Swedish 20 years old kid, need help!!!, I bought a tier 2 ticket but now when they have done the changes they have I'm thinking about complaining and change my ticket to a tier 3. But before I decide and need some advise. I'm a 20 years kid from Sweden who a prepare to wait in queue quite a long time but how long do I need to be there before to get a standing point like my tier 2 ticket or better? I know it is a very speculative question. But do you guys think I have something to lose? I save 100£ and my waiting limit is maybe 10-15 hours.

When I was 22, I saw my first Stones show and I was at the gates at 12 noon.
Gates opened at 6PM. Stones were onstage 9 PM.

If I was 20 - I´d do it again!

Take the downgrade to G3 and run to the front!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 11, 2013 01:38

I did it for the Stones at the Isle of Wight and I am very far from 20 years old! Same thing - gates opened at 12 and the Stones came on around 9.

A lot would depend on the length of the queue, though. I think someone mentioned in another thread that people started camping out for Bruce Springsteen in Hyde Park NINE days before the concert?! I'll never understand why, but each to their own...

Date: April 11, 2013 01:55

And something else to bear in mind.
This is England. eye rolling smiley

It could be lashing down with rain all day. Worse, it could have been lashing down the previous day as well and already be a churned-up mudbath after the Bon Jovi gig. That is what happened last year for the Wireless festival weekend - the ground was so saturated that the next gig had to be cancelled, and tonnes of woodchip had to be shipped in to save the HRC gigs the following weekend.

So at least if you have Tier 1 or 2 tickets you don't have to suffer all day if the weather's bad.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 01:56

I'll start moving towards the front a couple of hours before stones come on. I wont make it right to front but will make it near the front, or near enough to be engaged.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 11, 2013 02:01

IGTBA
A different possible way we could go after these lying companies.

I have been assuming any legal action would need to be under UK and/or English law. However, there may be a way this can be covered by USA law - through a class action. Front Gate Tickets is primarily a US company, with what appears to be their main office in Austin, TX. My ticket was purchased through barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com . So if the computers/servers were located in the USA, then this fraud was committed in the USA.

I understand it is unlikely that Front Gate Tickets is the primary party responsible for this. Most likely they are an innocent middleman - and the bad people are some combination of AEG and the Rolling Stones. But if this fraud was done through the USA, then USA law applies.

Any attorneys out there who care to comment? Tomorrow, I'll try to contact one of the major law firms here, one that specializes in class actions - and ask if they have any interest in taking this up. Its a long shot, that, even if this works, would be unlikely to change anything until after the Hyde Park concerts. But it could be a way make these people really treat us better in the future "in a way [we] never have known before".

UPDATE: First, I want to say again this is a long shot to even get started - and even if successful will probably not change anything before the Hyde Park concert. It took time today to research which firms to contact and get prepared, so I will be starting to call these firms tomorrow morning (USA time). I'll try to provide an update before Friday morning UK time.

Date: April 11, 2013 02:14

IGTBA
UPDATE: First, I want to say again this is a long shot to even get started - and even if successful will probably not change anything before the Hyde Park concert. It took time today to research which firms to contact and get prepared, so I will be starting to call these firms tomorrow morning (USA time). I'll try to provide an update before Friday morning UK time.

Thanks for your efforts! I don't think anybody would expect anything to change, but it would be incredibly satisfying if AEG were forced to compensate us.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 11, 2013 11:44

Good point about the weather there. That alone is having me leaning towards keeping my Tier 2.

The only rainy Stones show I went to was Bergen 2006. It was WET. I read that Bergen gets at least some rain on 242 days out of 365...

Front row there, with a few guys from Sweden. And I'm a Finn. The Norwegians were too lazy to line up. I went to the venue at around 7 PM. Sure, it was a long day, but we did "roll calls" so we did not have to have the line in order all day.

The longest I've ever lined up personally was two days for Bruce Springsteen. Done that twice last summer, and I'm going to do it again later this month in Oslo. Roll calls every 3 hours or so (it really depends on the people who run the line) help.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-11 11:48 by Topi.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 11, 2013 12:01

frysberg

I remember good old Wemley Stadium: a lot of security people were standing on the field after they've opened the gates. They stopped everybody from running. So I watched them, went fast and reached first row.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 12:02

GETMEIN's map:

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 12:05

Do you think I can make it to the first 10-20 rows if I'm going to be there at 2 pm, when they open the gates?

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #5
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 11, 2013 12:36

gotdablouse
ok, keep us posted, I first thought they'd issued you the £30 refund already, but at this point it's just a request and you're waiting to hear back ? Will be interesting to see if they honor it. That's the least they could do but it might throw a bit of a wrench in the system.

Just got the news, they will refund £30 shipping and change the delivery to the will call option.
Hey, it's some kind of refund. it's £30... That's like 2 drinks on the day of the event.

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #5
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 11, 2013 12:37

BowieStone
£30... That's like 2 drinks on the day of the event.

smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 11, 2013 12:42

AWESOME BEST SHOW EVER spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 11, 2013 13:01

beepee2
GETMEIN's map:

Seatwave have also updated their map. Viagogo says "map coming soon". Anyone who bought tier 1 or 2 tickets from them already is not going to be a happy bunny.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 11, 2013 13:09

After looking at that plan,who would, in their right mind would want a T1 or T2 ticket at those exorbitant prices. eye popping smiley

I appreciate the fact that a lot of people going, do not have a clue where they will be until they go to the gig,but T3 tickets would be the most desirable to most people who are used to ''roughin' it'' at gigs. >grinning smiley<

Date: April 11, 2013 13:10

Indeed...seatwave is pretty close to Rob's map :

Taking a hard look at this, GA seems to be the way go to if you can be there early afternoon (just guessing). A good spot might be to the left against T1/T2 to be able to stand your ground more easily. Maybe a bit too much to Ronnie's side, but that's where the action is these days...I guess it will depend where they put the barriers between T1/T2 and T3. Kinda makes me feel better about not going for T1/T2 for the 13th...wonder if I should get a T3 now or wait till after the 6th.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-11 13:14 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 11, 2013 13:25

crawdaddy
After looking at that plan,who would, in their right mind would want a T1 or T2 ticket at those exorbitant prices. eye popping smiley

I appreciate the fact that a lot of people going, do not have a clue where they will be until they go to the gig,but T3 tickets would be the most desirable to most people who are used to ''roughin' it'' at gigs. >grinning smiley<

I'm still going for 'excellent view to the stage' and lots of space.
If that's not the case at the day of the show...I'll check my options for an official complaint.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 13:49

Don't even bother considering a legal action or class action suit.

Nearly the same thing happened to all of us that purchased VIP tickets to SARSTOCK in Toronto. We were supposed to have a "special" area in front of the stage only for us. Well, when the poor young woman who was hired to lead us to the front of the stage managed to get us through the enormous crowd after 1 hr, the rest of the crowd had pushed through the flimsly divider and were right up against the gates. There was no way that 200,000 people were going to step backwards 30 paces!
After four years of reading futile e-mails between the organizers, the local Member of Parliament, the promoter et al. I gave up even reading them. There was no way that we were getting our $175 per ticket back. It just wasn't going to happen.

These things happen. Learn from them. Don't buy them again. Festival "special areas" are more than not useless unless you really need a flush toilet and a bar.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 14:34

Now i have my T2 Tickets for the 13.July.
I just wondered if there is a passage from T1/T2 to the T3 area. And if there is one where will it be.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 11, 2013 14:50

blutsvente66
Now i have my T2 Tickets for the 13.July.

Tach, eben gerade???

Date: April 11, 2013 14:57

I went for GA/T3 for the 13th!

@ron091 - thanks for sharing, looks like SARSTOCK even was even worse than HP...well it hasn't taken place yet so they can still mess up more than they already have I guess. Maybe what you describe is the reason they put T1/T2 to the side to make crowd control easier. On the other hand Bon Jovi will have a nice little setup so...

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 15:03

Yes. Lies deine mailssmiling smiley. Zu 4rt nach London in Hyde Park.Aber komm ich nun von T2 nach T3?? Wir müssen reden.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 33 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home