Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 34 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED 09/04
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 11, 2013 15:13

blutsvente66
Yes. Lies deine mailssmiling smiley. Zu 4rt nach London in Hyde Park.Aber komm ich nun von T2 nach T3?? Wir müssen reden.

Habe ich...

Sitz hier noch im Lernbunker. Hast du sie e b e n bekommen?

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 16:43

Got my tickets at 10:00 German Summer Time. 10 Minutes later i tried again and T1 and T2 were sold out. Would like to know how many they have for tomorrow.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 12, 2013 00:42

So it seems that the fiasco has come to a "close" of sorts...I guess the fact that they sold tickets with a proper description for the 13th and that most people who got T1s or T2s for the 6th are going on the 13th as well it does give a sense of closure. That and the refund the "Unwind Backstage Bar" that had become useless with the appearance of "The Garden" seems it will have to do...IGTBA, do keep us posted on what you find though. Not contacting all the T1/T2 purchasers may land them in some trouble down the road, let's hope it doesn't create some uncontrolled anger too on the 6th...

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 12, 2013 01:12

gotdablouse
So it seems that the fiasco has come to a "close" of sorts...I guess the fact that they sold tickets with a proper description for the 13th and that most people who got T1s or T2s for the 6th are going on the 13th as well it does give a sense of closure. That and the refund the "Unwind Backstage Bar" that had become useless with the appearance of "The Garden" seems it will have to do...IGTBA, do keep us posted on what you find though. Not contacting all the T1/T2 purchasers may land them in some trouble down the road, let's hope it doesn't create some uncontrolled anger too on the 6th...

Well, I'm not planning on going to either concert - and would have gone to both with the original description (or at least tried to get a Tier 1 again for the 13th).

I contacted a class action firm in California today and discussed this with them. They expressed interest, but I was not talking with one of their attorneys. I just finished sending them a long email, describing this "fraud" and why it may fit under US law. I provided a link to this "confusion" thread and included a lot of the information here in the body of my email. I am neither more nor less hopeful this will become a class action - still a very long shot. But I'm trying as best I can. I do not think they should get away with this, just because people are still buying Tier 1/2 tickets with the much worse location. They should not have lied originally, taken my money, and wasted all my time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 01:13 by IGTBA.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 01:46

IGTBA
gotdablouse

Well, I'm not planning on going to either concert - and would have gone to both with the original description (or at least tried to get a Tier 1 again for the 13th).

I contacted a class action firm in California today and discussed this with them. They expressed interest, but I was not talking with one of their attorneys. I just finished sending them a long email, describing this "fraud" and why it may fit under US law. I provided a link to this "confusion" thread and included a lot of the information here in the body of my email. I am neither more nor less hopeful this will become a class action - still a very long shot. But I'm trying as best I can. I do not think they should get away with this, just because people are still buying Tier 1/2 tickets with the much worse location. They should not have lied originally, taken my money, and wasted all my time!

Good luck with that one. God help us, a bunch of awful American lawyers thinking they know the slightest thing about English law. Even the sheer idea of "class action" is totally abhorrent. You have been offered a full refund, there is no further you can go with this in England. AEG were in the wrong by describing stuff incorrectly but they have offered a refund. End of.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 12, 2013 02:48

sjs12
Even the sheer idea of "class action" is totally abhorrent. You have been offered a full refund, there is no further you can go with this in England. AEG were in the wrong by describing stuff incorrectly but they have offered a refund. End of.

I do not like class actions, in general either. But even more, I don't like them lying to me, then offering nothing but a refund. Not even an apology, just insulting remarks from AEG. They are doing, what they promoted to us, only just for Bon Jovi. It's clear the original descriptions can and will be done, just not for those of us who purchased Stones tickets.

I doubt this will work, but I have to try. And you have not paid attention - I'm only doing this because I think US law should be applicable, because I think all the tickets were sold through here.

Posted by: ulf-axel ()
Date: April 12, 2013 08:28

IGTBA
sjs12
Even the sheer idea of "class action" is totally abhorrent. You have been offered a full refund, there is no further you can go with this in England. AEG were in the wrong by describing stuff incorrectly but they have offered a refund. End of.

I do not like class actions, in general either. But even more, I don't like them lying to me, then offering nothing but a refund. Not even an apology, just insulting remarks from AEG. They are doing, what they promoted to us, only just for Bon Jovi. It's clear the original descriptions can and will be done, just not for those of us who purchased Stones tickets.

I doubt this will work, but I have to try. And you have not paid attention - I'm only doing this because I think US law should be applicable, because I think all the tickets were sold through here.

I agree with you IGTBA. Please keep us updated and thanks for your efforts.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 12, 2013 11:03

ulf-axel
IGTBA
sjs12

I agree with you IGTBA. Please keep us updated and thanks for your efforts.

I echo that. Were I going on my own I would have taken a refund rather than accept this con but I am going with my brother and he doesn't want to pull out not having ever seen the Stones before. I'm just hoping for the best while struggling to reconcile the side positioning of the sitemap to what they are still insisting is an excellent view of the stage.

Posted by: muppetmark ()
Date: April 12, 2013 11:27

Despite all this Tier 1 and 2 sold out first and here we are 30 minutes into the sale and tier 3 is still available

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 12, 2013 11:36

Just an observation - I didn't think we have the concept of a "class action" in English Law. And since the concert is in England I'm positive it's English law that counts.
This is a battle you're not going to win so forget it, before it costs you even more time and money.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 12, 2013 12:02

I can hear the sound of cash jingling in lawyers' pockets - though to be fair the good ones will warn you if you are likely to bankrupt yourself over a point of principle.

Date: April 12, 2013 12:21

Check the terms and conditions of sale. Normally that will say which countrys law applies.

I agree AEG are in the wrong but they have rectified it by offering a full refund or the option to downgrade. At least I hope they have in your case. In this country you can't Sue for bad customer service. If you don't like the service the expectation is that you won't use that company again.

The best you could hope for is the office of fair trading giving them a slap on the wrist. This would only happen if it was a recurring problem with AEG and they did not offer money back to those affected. However, in this case it was a one time only mistake because they changed to correct descriptions for the second show.

Given that they have offered money back, I no longer see what there is to sue them for?

If they have not offered your money back, you can take them to small claims court. However, you would be frowned upon by the judge if you engaged lawers and most certainly would be awarded the original ticket price as compensation only. You would lose more to the lawers than what you gained if you tried to hit it OTT American style.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 12:27 by sjs12.

Date: April 12, 2013 12:46

And before anyone says they want to sue because they want to force AEG to provide what they originally thought they had paid for, that won't work either. English contract law will be what matters and you can't force someone to provide a service. The contracts termination clauses will come into effect. Check the terms and conditions you agreed to when making the purchase.

AEG have done what they have to by offering a full refund. Over and above this they have also offered the option to downgrade. This is not a requirement by law so is classed as a good will gesture.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of it are, you are going to have to accept that AEG have done all they have to by offering a full refund.

A different question is whether AEG should now contact all T1 and T2 ticket holders and inform them of the mistake and offer a refund. I'm not sure whether there is a legal obligation to do this or not. I'm assuming anyone who's not happy can ask for a refund after the gig?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 12, 2013 14:31

IGTBA
I think US law should be applicable, because I think all the tickets were sold through here.

I bought my ticket for the 6th online at 10.02am Dutch time (09.02am British time.
The confirmation e-mail says: "PROCESSED 04/04/13 03:02:20 CDT"

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:12

I just got reply from AEG.

Sorry to hear you are still dissatisfied.

You can access the GA area from the Tier 2 area, and are free to come and go as much as you choose. You will not have to use the general entrance at all with a Tier 2 ticket.

I’m afraid we are unable to offer partial refunds, however the offer of a full refund or a downgrade to Tier 3 still stands. Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with either of these options.

Kind Regards

AEG Live

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:18

MRambler

You can access the GA area from the Tier 2 area, and are free to come and go as much as you choose. You will not have to use the general entrance at all with a Tier 2 ticket.

I’m afraid we are unable to offer partial refunds, however the offer of a full refund or a downgrade to Tier 3 still stands. Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with either of these options.

Kind Regards

AEG Live

But are we able to enter the GA entrance with a Tier 2 ticket?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:24

Why should we? We have our own entrance, closer to the stage. Perhaps we could beat the Tier 3 crowd? (if all gates are opened at once)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 15:24 by Topi.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:24

sjs12

Good luck with that one. God help us, a bunch of awful American lawyers thinking they know the slightest thing about English law. Even the sheer idea of "class action" is totally abhorrent. You have been offered a full refund, there is no further you can go with this in England. AEG were in the wrong by describing stuff incorrectly but they have offered a refund. End of.
Agree, it's sukcs big time but they are offering a refund...what more must they do?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:26

Harm
sjs12

Agree, it's sukcs big time but they are offering a refund...what more must they do?

Place tier 1 & 2 in front of the stage.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:31

Sixsixseveneight
MRambler

Kind Regards

AEG Live

But are we able to enter the GA entrance with a Tier 2 ticket?

Yes.

Posted by: CalGonz ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:36

nobodyimportant
Yes.

If they're using barcode scanners on the tickets - which they almost certainly will - then there's a good chance you won't be able to as they'll have different codes on them.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:51

CalGonz
nobodyimportant
Yes.

If they're using barcode scanners on the tickets - which they almost certainly will - then there's a good chance you won't be able to as they'll have different codes on them.

Hey! It's the 21st century and people were on the moon even before! So I don't expect any trouble caused by overextended machines.

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:52

Has anyone actually had a downgrade?

I've contacted Ticket Factory numerous times this week and as of right now, they don't even have authorisation to downgrade the tickets.

Seems AEG were lying yet again.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:53

CalGonz
nobodyimportant
Yes.

I think you will enter the site through the Tier1/2 entrance. There your ticket will be scanned for the one and only time and you will be issued a wristband. You can then leave the Tier1/2 area as often as you like and re-enter as long as you don't lose the wristband.

Posted by: CalGonz ()
Date: April 12, 2013 15:58

rebelrebel
I think you will enter the site through the Tier1/2 entrance. There your ticket will be scanned for the one and only time and you will be issued a wristband. You can then leave the Tier1/2 area as often as you like and re-enter as long as you don't lose the wristband.

Almost certainly how it will work.

Sixsixseveneight
Has anyone actually had a downgrade?

I've contacted Ticket Factory numerous times this week and as of right now, they don't even have authorisation to downgrade the tickets.

Seems AEG were lying yet again.

Not yet - but I was told it would be five business days, so if it's not processed by the start of next week I will come down on them like a tonne of bricks.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 12, 2013 16:09

BowieStone
Harm
sjs12

What about the thousands of Tier 3 ticket holders who bought tickets now, hoping that if they get there early they'll be in front of the stage? Both for july 6th and 13th?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 16:11 by Harm.

Date: April 12, 2013 16:13

Harm
BowieStone
Harm
sjs12

What about the thousands of Tier 3 ticket holders who bought tickets now, hoping that if they get there early they'll be in front of the stage?

If you come out with stuff like that on this thread and you're gonna get death threats from some of these guys.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 12, 2013 16:51

Is it me being dozy,but I cannot find a seating/standing chart for T1,T2 and T3 when you order tickets.
Even on ticketmaster you can see where you're gonna be.

Must be missing something 'cos they could change the goalposts again when they like.

Panic over..................just found it. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 17:12 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 12, 2013 17:18

crawdaddy
they could change the goalposts again when they like.

This is what is so worrying. All trust has gone.

It would have made a big difference to me if they had apologised properly for their mistake - NOT "confusion" - and offered us some compensation in the form of a discount. There's enough money there to cover it, and the goodwill would be intact.

The problem is that there is no choice for the customer. We can't say, 'I will go and see the Rolling Stones somewhere else instead'. The only competition is fought out between the promoters, and the customers have no influence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 17:19 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:37

IGTBA

Is this bloke for real ???

grinning smiley

Let it go FFS

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 34 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home