Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 32 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED 09/04
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 10, 2013 04:04

Hi, I was a member years ago, lost my log-in info and have rejoined!

I'm having the same e-mail wrangles as everyone else (I was at the 1969 show, am damned if I don't go to this one)--as my small contribution, here's my latest exchange with AEG:

Me:

I have received a reply to my query about Tier 1 Stones tickets that is still not satisfactory, especially as I am flying from the US. Being close to the stage does not mean having a view of the stage, and judging from the map you attached, Tier 1 people will be able to see little more than the screen, and Tier 2 people less than that. There is not even any suggestion that this area is raised.

Once again, what justifies a cost of 400 GBP? Why is it not possible to create an area at the front on one side of the front of the stage, and leave the rest for Tier 3 people? What possible sense does it make (apart from making money for you and the band) to charge people the most money for the worst view? None of the literally hundreds of people I have spoken to were spending all this money for a bar.

Them:

Thank you for your email.

Tier 1 ticket holders are located in an area with a great view of the stage, which you will be able to see, not just the screens as you suggest.

If you are still unhappy with this we can offer you a downgrade or a refund as previously stated. Please let us know if you would like either of these options and we will action them for you.

[As someone mentioned earlier, this may just mean I can see the stage somewhere in the distance. And being five feet tall isn't an advantage, either.]

Posted by: ulf-axel ()
Date: April 10, 2013 08:41

nobodyimportant
IGTBA
A different possible way we could go after these lying companies.

I have been assuming any legal action would need to be under UK and/or English law. However, there may be a way this can be covered by USA law - through a class action. Front Gate Tickets is primarily a US company, with what appears to be their main office in Austin, TX. My ticket was purchased through barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com . So if the computers/servers were located in the USA, then this fraud was committed in the USA.

I understand it is unlikely that Front Gate Tickets is the primary party responsible for this. Most likely they are an innocent middleman - and the bad people are some combination of AEG and the Rolling Stones. But if this fraud was done through the USA, then USA law applies.

Any attorneys out there who care to comment? Tomorrow, I'll try to contact one of the major law firms here, one that specializes in class actions - and ask if they have any interest in taking this up. Its a long shot, that, even if this works, would be unlikely to change anything until after the Hyde Park concerts. But it could be a way make these people really treat us better in the future "in a way [we] never have known before".

I'd be up for it. Their reaction has been so disrespectful towards us. The honest thing to do would have been to offer us a discount rather than "refund or downgrade". Would love to see them punished for their dishonesty and greed.

I'd be up for it as well. It is fraud what they did and I would love to see them punished as well.

Posted by: william060190 ()
Date: April 10, 2013 08:55

I had a look to the seating chart. It seems we're back to the good old times ie the seventies. Kick and rush, that's very british and it's gonna be younger front row. More People gonna get their chance to see The Rolling Stones. Did everybody pay their dues or Hyde Park fighting men ?

Posted by: patrice ()
Date: April 10, 2013 09:21

with sssoul
patrice
I really don`t understand why they wanna to talk me on the phone?? found it a little bit strange...
i hope to hear from them again soon

Hello Patrice, and welcome even though it's such a distressing occasion.
I'm glad they're prepared to refund the cost of that silly bar,
and I reckon they want to phone you because many people feel it's not safe to convey credit card details by email.
Personally I'd go ahead with the phone call (if he phones in his morning that's afternoon/evening for you)
but if you really don't want to at least spread the credit card information over two or three separate messages.
That lessens the chances of the full information being intercepted by someone wicked.

Hope it works out for you!

Thamk you for the welcome and you`re answer with ssoul!
yeah you have a point with that its better that they call me, never thought of that! I will send an email that they can call me on a particually time, i hope that its gonna fix everything for me than, i`m gettin`sick and tired all about this, i thought its our last concert to see the Stones, it`s for sure this one i will never forget!! All the distress and confusion it`s brought up and with a lot of fans with me, i keep you informed with this one.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 10, 2013 10:29

william060190
I had a look to the seating chart. It seems we're back to the good old times ie the seventies. Kick and rush, that's very british and it's gonna be younger front row. More People gonna get their chance to see The Rolling Stones. Did everybody pay their dues or Hyde Park fighting men ?

This is the point of view that is forgotten quite easily here (for understable reasons).

But insn't that that one of the "complaints" has been along the years that The Stones have distanced themselves from the potential but younger - and, thereby not so economically succesful yet - audience by their sky-high ticket prices and way of selling the seats? This now at least in theory makes it possible for younger rock fans - who not are ready, or hardcore fan enough, to invest all their money to see the Stones properly once in their life time - to experience The Stones in "normal" circumstances and "with normal" prices as any other rock act, and see if they are worth of the hype the older people and press seem to claim.

I critizied earlier Jagger's "vanity" as the reason for the "fiasco" here, but if we think the mess is not techically his fault, that criticism it is not fair. The idea behind Hyde Park show is a nice one - unfortunately the ticket mess seem to hide the more noble aims in the project.

I think the Stones should have known that their normal and most loyal and wealthy enough "hardcore" fan base, to whom they have sold the best tickets along the yaers, will be neglected this time by changing the "normal" procedure and practise. But they seemingly wanted to reach a bit different audience this time. I am rather sure that even without the ticket fiasco there had been "complaints" in this board.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 11:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: April 10, 2013 10:30

No I did it thru [uksupport.frontgatetickets.com]
And they answer by e-mail and then you just reply.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 10, 2013 11:18

Topi
Front row is anyone's guess. If they let you camp out then I would assume the first diehards will use that opportunity. I mean, last summer in Sweden, the first people to line up for Bruce Springsteen arrived nine days in advance!

Rows 10-20: afternoon on the day of the show would probably be enough. The real "battle" is only going to be about the first few rows.

The line, of course, will dismantle if they let people take a run at front row. Then it's each for himself. My point of reference is Springsteen, and his security always makes sure that the pit line is walked in and no running is allowed. This, however, could be next to impossible to supervise in a festival with an audience of 65000.

Hallett is on record basically saying run like hell and you have a shot. So in theory you could beat some of those who camped out overnight.

Kiitti vastauksesta Topi!

It is tempting option to go GA in afternoon to get good spot but I'm going to concert alone and idea of being "alone" in the huge rush it’s a bit frightening also.

I think I try to get refund of additional costs and decide on the day of the concert where I wanna be.

This is my one and only chance to see to Stones ever so I wanna play it safe.

IGTBA: I know my chances are very limited to get refund after the concert if there are no big riots in HP in Tiers 1 and 2 winking smiley But I think I take that risk based on what I wrote above.

Date: April 10, 2013 11:19

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 11:19 by Doxa.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 10, 2013 11:30

I'm not convinced by the "noble aims" argument. Looking at it from another angle, there was no way they would get 65,000 people in a typical Hyde Park audience to pay the ridiculously high prices being asked to see the Stones these days. The $85 tickets available in the States are a good move, though, as long as the majority of them aren't nosebleeds and I really hope they're not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 12:09 by Beast.

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #5
Date: April 10, 2013 11:34

Jan Richards

I asked them exactly what I get for the £100 I paid for the Bar. Just BS like "Premium Flushing Toilets" So I decided to ask for a refund of the Bar. But noup, not possible. Seams as if i have to take a long nice shit in that bloody bar.
I have also asked them if I can get snacks and drinks complimentary for the £100, but to my big surprise, no reply yet on that.

Jan - who is telling you this? If you write to enquiries@aeglive.co.uk, they will give you a downgrade to tier one without the bar and refund the extra paid for it.

Date: April 10, 2013 11:35

IGTBA
A different possible way we could go after these lying companies.

I have been assuming any legal action would need to be under UK and/or English law. However, there may be a way this can be covered by USA law - through a class action. Front Gate Tickets is primarily a US company, with what appears to be their main office in Austin, TX. My ticket was purchased through barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com . So if the computers/servers were located in the USA, then this fraud was committed in the USA.

I understand it is unlikely that Front Gate Tickets is the primary party responsible for this. Most likely they are an innocent middleman - and the bad people are some combination of AEG and the Rolling Stones. But if this fraud was done through the USA, then USA law applies.

Any attorneys out there who care to comment? Tomorrow, I'll try to contact one of the major law firms here, one that specializes in class actions - and ask if they have any interest in taking this up. Its a long shot, that, even if this works, would be unlikely to change anything until after the Hyde Park concerts. But it could be a way make these people really treat us better in the future "in a way [we] never have known before".

Interesting thought. Let us know what you find out.

Posted by: ClaireR ()
Date: April 10, 2013 11:38

Aquamarine

I'm having the same e-mail wrangles as everyone else (I was at the 1969 show, am damned if I don't go to this one)--as my small contribution, here's my latest exchange with AEG:

Me:

I have received a reply to my query about Tier 1 Stones tickets that is still not satisfactory, especially as I am flying from the US. Being close to the stage does not mean having a view of the stage, and judging from the map you attached, Tier 1 people will be able to see little more than the screen, and Tier 2 people less than that. There is not even any suggestion that this area is raised.

Once again, what justifies a cost of 400 GBP? Why is it not possible to create an area at the front on one side of the front of the stage, and leave the rest for Tier 3 people? What possible sense does it make (apart from making money for you and the band) to charge people the most money for the worst view? None of the literally hundreds of people I have spoken to were spending all this money for a bar.

Them:

Thank you for your email.

Tier 1 ticket holders are located in an area with a great view of the stage, which you will be able to see, not just the screens as you suggest.

If you are still unhappy with this we can offer you a downgrade or a refund as previously stated. Please let us know if you would like either of these options and we will action them for you.

[As someone mentioned earlier, this may just mean I can see the stage somewhere in the distance. And being five feet tall isn't an advantage, either.]

I have asked a similar question to AEG and got the following response...
The production information hasn’t been finalised yet so I can’t give you the exact distance from the stage to Tier 2, however It is in a position to receive a good view of the stage and not just the screens.

So lets see how they respond to your question

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 10, 2013 11:43

Doxa
william060190

This is the point of view that is forgotten quite easily here (for understable reasons).

But insn't that that one of the "complaints" has been along the years that The Stones have distanced themselves from the potential but younger - and, thereby not so economically succesful yet - audience by their sky-high ticket prices and way of selling the seats? This now at least in theory makes it possible for younger rock fans - who not are ready, or hardcore fan enough, to invest all their money to see the Stones properly once in their life time - to experience The Stones in "normal" circumstances and "with normal" prices as any other rock act, and see if they are worth of the hype the older people and press seem to claim.

I critizied in the other thread Jagger's "vanity" as the reason for the "fiasco" here, but if we think the mess is not techically his fault, that criticism it is not fair. The idea behind Hyde Park show is a nice one - unfortunately the ticket mess seem to hide the more noble aims in the project.

I think the Stones should have known that their normal and most loyal and wealthy enough "hardcore" fan base, to whom they have sold the best tickets along the yaers, will be neglected this time by changing the "normal" procedure and practise. But they seemingly wanted to reach a bit different audience this time. I am rather sure that even without the ticket fiasco there had been "complaints" in this board.

- Doxa

Doxa, time and time again we see reference to these wealthy hardcore fans, which I find increasingly irritating . Most of the "hardcore" I know make huge sacrifices to see the Stones and have done for many years. Tier 1/2 fans have been portrayed here and in the press as some kind of snobby elite bunch who actually want to sit in a "luxury" bar, sipping champagne and using "luxury" toilets.

It's just a complete misrepresentation of the most dedicated people around. Sure, there will be rich tourists going for the "event" as will plenty of the £95 ticket buyers and that's fair enough, but the original reason that the majority of us bought tier 1 and 2 was to be as close as possible to the Greatest Rock and Roll Band,not for any fancy add ons.
Also I and many others can't queue all day,run half a mile and stand in the same spot for 8 hours without a p*ss !

I could go on about my personal finances,but this is not the place. I don't want people sending me food parcels !

The fact that the expensive tickets were even available seems to me to be a case of the Stones and AEG wanting to "have their cake and eat it"

peace

sc uk

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2013 11:44

Yeah I think they don't really know what it's going to look like exactly at this point, and it's possible that after the false descriptions of last week that caused this huge mess, they came up with a "conservative" map to avoid any further issues. Whether it will look better on the day of the show is anyone's guess, I hope it does...it certainly can't look worse!

The fact is that the Tier 1/Tier 1+Bar were all gone in minutes (seconds?) at the barclaycard presale today, so...it seems Tier 2 might be selling slower than last week though ?

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 10, 2013 12:02

william060190

thumbs up smileys with beer

Date: April 10, 2013 12:08

sc uk is right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 12:08 by Beast.

Date: April 10, 2013 12:43

Thanks Beast. I'll see you and the usual suspects down the front. I'll bring the champers !winking smiley

sc uk

Date: April 10, 2013 12:46

straycatuk
Doxa
william060190

I critizied in the other thread Jagger's "vanity" as the reason for the "fiasco" here, but if we think the mess is not techically his fault, that criticism it is not fair. The idea behind Hyde Park show is a nice one - unfortunately the ticket mess seem to hide the more noble aims in the project.

- Doxa

Doxa, time and time again we see reference to these wealthy hardcore fans, which I find increasingly irritating . Most of the "hardcore" I know make huge sacrifices to see the Stones and have done for many years. Tier 1/2 fans have been portrayed here and in the press as some kind of snobby elite bunch who actually want to sit in a "luxury" bar, sipping champagne and using "luxury" toilets.

It's just a complete misrepresentation of the most dedicated people around. Sure, there will be rich tourists going for the "event" as will plenty of the £95 ticket buyers and that's fair enough, but the original reason that the majority of us bought tier 1 and 2 was to be as close as possible to the Greatest Rock and Roll Band,not for any fancy add ons.
Also I and many others can't queue all day,run half a mile and stand in the same spot for 8 hours without a p*ss !

I could go on about my personal finances,but this is not the place. I don't want people sending me food parcels !

The fact that the expensive tickets were even available seems to me to be a case of the Stones and AEG wanting to "have their cake and eat it"

peace

sc uk

You misinterpet me. By "their normal and most loyal and wealthy enough "hardcore" fan base" I tried to be as neutral as I can to refer to people who for their fanhood will pay the prices no matter they cost like, if they are going to get proper places - FOS ideally - without any indication of their weathliness an sich. These are people who are not "rich tourists" and unlike those tourists they like to write and follow sites like IORR. "Weathly enough" means that they get the money need any way, from their normal earnings, saving their last penny, robbing the blind or bank or whatever.

But the problem is, as it has been the case for ages now, that for the Stones do not distinguish these "true fans" from "tourists" or from whoever who is willing to pay the prices - for them they are all the same, and only thing that matters is pure business: to sell out the seats (as they normally are) and whatever packages for damn good price. And they have had a tremendous success in that. And with that tactics they have made themselves rather far to reach from the people who do not have that money or who are not dedicated, that is, fan enough to pay the price to see the Stones in bearable cirmustances.

What they do now in Hyde Park is something different. The way I see them thinking is that they now want to offer a chance to people with lesser money or lesser that kind of dedicated fanhood (that asks to do sacrificies) to see them in bearable cirmustances, even FOS. Like I have said earlier there might be other "motives" as well (image, how might it look like, the supposed atmophere in front of stage) but in the end this as "salt of the earth" kind of thing The Stones ever will do in England (in their prices £95 is really a bargain). The same is with Glastonbury - they are not doing that "only" for the money or, let's say, maximal profit in their mind. (I guess the reason why they do Hyde Park shows lies basically in their contract with AEG - the big money comes from America, and these are like bonus contractual gigs.)

The ticket "fiasco" or "confusion" is something which hurted and hurts the most dedicated fans, Was that a fraud or just a human mistake, I don't know. They surely fcked things up. But I am afraid that for them - The Stones, AEG - it is a question of certain percent of the 5000 people who are mistreated - or even complaing - here. In a big picture that is not such a big deal for them, even though they might now lose some of their most loyal fan base. If ever the eternal philosophy of Keith Richards - "shit happens" - is accurate here. Seemingly they try to now solve the "confusion" with as little effort and as little notice as possible. but in the end, they might calculate that most of the people don't mind, as far the "event" is alright, fancy bars and toilets nearby, one can easy come and easy go, and the Stones will be seen/heard reasonably well.

The point is that: all we hear in IORR is the voice of disappointed true fans, not the "tourists". How they react - if they do at all - in July 6th, we don't know. To me The Stones/AEG are taking the risky that it will be alright.

True that there will "tourists" in T3 as well - huge loads of them - but one does not be Einstein to see that there is a difference between "tourists" and "tourists". One can only have attend the Stones concerts - and comparing them to shows by other "rock" acts - that the "tourism" does flavor them much stronger in anywhere else. By their reputation and "brand" the band seem to appeal to audiences no other any act can. The Stones have to put rock and roll to Barbra Striesed level as an entertainment, to put it other words. Now they are doing something out of box. Unfortunately screwing thigs big time for some of their most loyal fans.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 12:58 by Doxa.

Date: April 10, 2013 13:10

Fair enough Doxa. I wasn't trying to criticise you directly, just the general perceptions. Apologies if it seemed that way. We are all in the same boat and have increasingly become financial victims of the Stones obsession with the bottom line .

I agree that they can demand GA to front of stage because these Hyde park shows are probably contractual sweeteners for AEG and they won't get anyting extra for them. They've already spent the last few months "whoring" out the legacy to the highest bidder - the cheque is in the post.

Apparently........... It's only rock n Roll !

sc uk

Date: April 10, 2013 13:27

straycatuk
Thanks Beast. I'll see you and the usual suspects down the front. I'll bring the champers !winking smiley

sc uk

You are on, sc uk!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 10, 2013 14:15

Beast
straycatuk

sc uk

You are on, sc uk!

There'll be no drinking fizz and carrying on in a loud unruly rock n' roll fashion down the front - IF you don't mind. I haven't just coughed up £50K per ticket to be surrounded by a bunch of uncouth swine drinking and smoking and jumping up and down to loud rock music, I've paid for a comfy armchair, a private rose garden, butler service, tea and scones, and some form of entertainment in the evening apparently, the Rolling someone or others ? Who the hell are these people exactly, and why have they invited loud champagne swilling thugs to my private show. Who do I complain to .............. ? It's an absolute outrage ! angry smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: ClaireR ()
Date: April 10, 2013 14:25

paulywaul
Beast
straycatuk

sc uk

You are on, sc uk!

There'll be no drinking fizz and carrying on in a loud unruly rock n' roll fashion down the front - IF you don't mind. I haven't just coughed up £50K per ticket to be surrounded by a bunch of uncouth swine drinking and smoking and jumping up and down to loud rock music, I've paid for a comfy armchair, a private rose garden, butler service, tea and scones, and some form of entertainment in the evening apparently, the Rolling someone or others ? Who the hell are these people exactly, and why have they invited loud champagne swilling thugs to my private show. Who do I complain to .............. ? It's an absolute outrage ! angry smiley

and don't forget the flushing toilet...winking smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 10, 2013 14:27

paulywaul
Beast
straycatuk

sc uk

You are on, sc uk!

Right you are and I believe AEG has come up with the right solution for you guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 14:36 by BowieStone.

Date: April 10, 2013 14:45

paulywaul
Beast
straycatuk

sc uk

You are on, sc uk!

LOL smileys with beer

sc uk

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 10, 2013 15:16

Why on earth couldn't they have done it like the HRC Springsteen gig last year? There were "VIP packages" sold for that too, and they had an area cordoned off for them some way back from the stage, but facing it in a central position. The FOS (plus a sizeable bank behind) was filled with people who queued and ran.

I was a long, long way behind all that (thanks to the people I went with not getting their arses into gear early enough eye rolling smiley ) That's why I decided that if I ever went to another gig in HP I'd pay a bit extra, and I was expecting a similar set up for this.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 10, 2013 17:41

Beast
Jan Richards

I asked them exactly what I get for the £100 I paid for the Bar. Just BS like "Premium Flushing Toilets" So I decided to ask for a refund of the Bar. But noup, not possible. Seams as if i have to take a long nice shit in that bloody bar.
I have also asked them if I can get snacks and drinks complimentary for the £100, but to my big surprise, no reply yet on that.

Jan - who is telling you this? If you write to enquiries@aeglive.co.uk, they will give you a downgrade to tier one without the bar and refund the extra paid for it.

Thanks, beast, that information helped a lot!!!

Just now I have asked for keeping the Tier 1 tickets and for getting refunded
the 100 GBP for the BUB.

I hope some intelligent AEG member is working it out.

UPDATE (60 minutes later):

Hi,

Of course this is not a problem, we can arrange this for you
and you should be refunded the difference within 5 working days.

Regards

AEG Live

At least something.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 18:35 by TooTough.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 10, 2013 19:01

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-10 19:05 by TooTough.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 10, 2013 19:27

New description on Frontgatetickets:

Tier 1 tickets provide:
- Separate entrance to the site
- Direct access to The Garden, an exclusive area with its own toilet facilities, bar and food stalls, providing the shortest possible queues
- Access to an enclosed area with an excellent view of the main stage and plenty of space, allowing you to come and go as you please

Tier 2 tickets provide:
- Separate entrance to the site
- Direct access to The Garden, an exclusive area with its own toilet facilities, bar and food stalls, providing the shortest possible queues
- Access to an enclosed area directly behind Tier 1 with an excellent view of the main stage and plenty of space, allowing you to come and go as you please

Tier 3 tickets provide:
- General admission through the main entrance
- Access to all general admission areas, including the possibility to stand directly in front of the main stage – if you get there early enough!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2013 19:46

Actually that's the revised wording that was posted last Friday night on the "Tickets Page", too bad they don't provide a link to the actual map so people know exactly what's on offer...

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 10, 2013 21:02

TooTough
Beast
Jan Richards

Thanks, beast, that information helped a lot!!!

Just now I have asked for keeping the Tier 1 tickets and for getting refunded
the 100 GBP for the BUB.

I hope some intelligent AEG member is working it out.

UPDATE (60 minutes later):

Hi,

Of course this is not a problem, we can arrange this for you
and you should be refunded the difference within 5 working days.

Regards

AEG Live

At least something.

I've also e-mailed aeg asking for the BUB refund, waiting for a reply.

Satisfied since 1976

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 32 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2367
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home