Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637
Current Page: 37 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED 17/04
Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 22, 2013 20:47

gotdablouse
Is that a number for AEG or for Frontgatetickets ?

I believe that is Front Gate Tickets - have not called yet, but my email from Greg S was clearly from Front Gate - and it appears Front Gate is handling the ticket sales. But not sure who is handling the distribution of tickets - AEG?

@chriseganstar thank you for the phone number.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 22, 2013 21:50

Thanks, I was going to call but see that the refund has just come through!

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: May 28, 2013 22:06

Today, I sent an email to Front Gate Tickets (through uksupport.frontgatetickets.com) asking to cancel my Tier 1 Backstage Bar July 6 ticket, since I decided not to go and the ticket has not been mailed yet. At least I received a prompt response:

MAY 28, 2013 | 05:24PM UTC
Greg S replied:

We have processed a refund for you for the amount of £468.90. Please allow 3-5 business days for this to reflect on your bank statement. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to call or email us.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Since the Stones were playing so well, I had second thoughts about cancelling, but finally decided that Tier 1 was not the place to be - after they moved it from directly in front of the stage. I'll see all the USA concerts this tour and so far it's been great. I'm sure I'll have wonderful memories of this tour - and leave this lying AEG stuff behind. Maybe I'll decide to go to the July 13 concert? Maybe not, but at least when they sold July 13 - the location descriptions stayed the same, so everyone there should be happy then.

First Chicago concert is tonight!

Date: May 29, 2013 20:34

Nice to see they didn't argue about the original cancellation window being long expired! I got a refund for the "Unwind Bar" part so considered it was a reasonable "compensation" for the ordeal and kept my T1 for the 6th. I have a T3 for the 13th and will hopefully be able to gather useful information on the 6th to see how things play out and make the most of it.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 29, 2013 20:42

gotdablouse
Nice to see they didn't argue about the original cancellation window being long expired! I got a refund for the "Unwind Bar" part so considered it was a reasonable "compensation" for the ordeal and kept my T1 for the 6th. I have a T3 for the 13th and will hopefully be able to gather useful information on the 6th to see how things play out and make the most of it.

Good thinking. winking smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 29, 2013 21:31

Does anyone know when the tickets will be dispatched to foreign customers?

Date: May 29, 2013 21:43

From a few other threads : "Four weeks before the date of the show", "if not received three days prior to the show" contact your ticket agent.

I'm pretty certain that no one who paid for a ticket will miss the show because of a missing ticket ;-)

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 30, 2013 00:17

gotdablouse, Thank you!

Posted by: manxnewcomer ()
Date: June 12, 2013 13:41

Hi Paulywauly

Do you have an email address for Rob Hallett or any other contact details as I am due to fly from The Isle of Man for this event and am not impressed by what I am hearing on hear as far as AEG are concerned.
Cheers

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 12, 2013 14:22

manxnewcomer
Hi Paulywauly

Do you have an email address for Rob Hallett or any other contact details as I am due to fly from The Isle of Man for this event and am not impressed by what I am hearing on hear as far as AEG are concerned.
Cheers

Well, the one I used (which DID generate a reply from AEG) was this ...........

rob@aeglive.co.uk

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED 11/06/2013
Date: July 11, 2013 20:29

UPDATED 11072013 7.20 CET
Thought I'd close the loop on this long running saga that got a lot of people worried...needlessly for the most part since the actual Tiet setup on July 6th was very much in line with what IORR member marquess suggested below and most people were happy with it, especially T1 ticket holders who got there fairly early (probably until 6PM).

Gripes :
- The Garden announced for T1/T2 did not exist, there was only an overcrowded bar that was not clearly indicated as T1/T2 and used by everyone
- No Garden, no toilets, so when the West toilets were closed around 7.45PM we had to go to the East toilets completely on the opposite side (the original location of "The Garden"), a stressful 30 minute trip!

Paulywaul obtained a feedback form here [www.iorr.org] - feel free to use it!

Here is a sketch provided by Green Lady that shows how it ended up :

UPDATED 17042013 5.00PM CET
AEG/Frontgatetickets are now processing the refunds/downgrades but check your revised invoice because in some cases it's not what was agreed! You'd think that after selling tickets with wrong descriptions they'd do their best to ensure the revised orders are correct...

UPDATED 09042013 6.00PM CET
AEG have now gotten back to marquee concerning the improved map he suggested but claim that "this is not possible", with no reason given, full answer here : [www.iorr.org]

It was confirmed yesterday by Rob Hallett that Bon Jovi would play with Diamond and Gold circles on the 5th. It's very disappointing the Stones fans are being denied what the Bon Jovi fans are getting especially since that's what was originally promised, whose call is it? Since it's not the promoter's it has to be the band's...

An interesting link : what do If you don’t get the event tickets you ordered in adviceguide.org.uk - (credit : vdkf on page 31)

Using the current map posted on the BSC site, the BBC "Virtual Tour" video [www.bbc.co.uk] and the concert speaker towers down front as reference, wsmbm planned the T1 and T2 areas :

UPDATED 09042013 9.30AM CET
According to feedback on page 28 refunds are bow being processed by Frontgate (ticket agent for the BST site) with both fees (10%) and shipping (up to £90 international, £30 for shipping and £59,80 for "Delivery International mail" ) being refunded to those who made the request.

AEG have not commented on suggestions made to improve the situation such as Marquee's map (see below) but are maintaining a hard line in some answers like the one received by IGTBA : "Thanks for your constructive feedback and response. Unfortunately the previous e-mail is the best that we can offer in this situation and the official response from AEG. Please let us know whether you would like a full refund on your ticket, or a downgrade to the GA ticket price within 3 business days."

One member, kernowmod, made a complaint to his credit card company (Barclaycard), who "very helpful they agreed that AEG have failed to supply what was promised, I may not get the plan changed, but someone is going to have to [tell] me why.

UPDATED 08042013 3.45PM CET
AEG have started getting back to people who requested a refund, asking them to provide their order number and the name of the ticket agent they used. No word yet on the next steps of the process and whether they will be refunding the 10% service fees and postage (£30 for international orders).

UPDATED 08042013 2.45AM CET
An IORR member has come up with a new map that provides an interesting compromise to try to reconcile the descriptions provided on the BST site at the time the T1/T2/T3 tickets were sold (detailed below) with the Stones' wish to have GA(T3) ticket holders in FOS (Front of Stage), full details here : [www.iorr.org] and this is the proposed map :

UPDATED 06042013 11.45PM CET
The story has been picked up by The Telegraph : Rolling Stones fans in row over premium tickets.

Of interest, some research on the legal implications of selling misrepresented items : [www.iorr.org]

UPDATED 06042013 1.15PM CET
Although some people were given a 3 day deadline by M. Rob Hallett ( rob@aeglive.co.uk ) President of International Touring at AEG Live (the promoters of the BSC Festival) to decide whether they wanted a refund/downgrade/upgrade (for pay upgrade not offered to all), further requests for clarification have not been answered since last night.

The original description in the "Tickets" sections has been added below, previously we had a screen capture of the purchase page, the content is the same.

It should also be noted that there is now mention of "The Garden" an area exclusive to T1/T2 holders with food, drinks and toilets. "The Garden" had never been mentioned before, which could only encourage potential buyers to get the "Unwind Backstage Bar" for an extra £100 to get access to such essential services. As seen on the map, "The Garden" is in fact located closer to T1 and T2 than the "Unwind Backstage Bar"!

So there are two issues really:
- inducing potential buyers to buy more expensive T1 and T2 tickets by using fraudulent descriptions of T1/T2/T3 placement.
- inducing potential T1 and T2 buyers to purchase the "Unwind Backstage Bar" package for an extra £100 by not mentioning that its essential services like toilets, food and drinks came with standard T1 and T2 tickets in "The Garden".

UPDATED 05042013 11.00PM CET
M. Rob Hallett, President of International Touring at AEG Live (the promoters of the BSC Festival), has now replied to emails sent to him inquiring as to what the actual setup will be at Hyde Park for the festival in view of the inconsistencies between what was written on the BSC site where the tickets were sold and the map published on the Rolling Stones twitter account and the information he gave to The Standard this morning.

The same email (seen here: [www.iorr.org]) was sent to everyone and in summary, he does not acknowledge that T1 and T2 buyers were misled (the descriptions on the BST site have now been changed, see below) but nonetheless a full refund or a downgrade to T3 is offered. Apparently a decision has to be made within 3 days and at this point it is not clear whether the refund includes fees (10%) and shipping (£30 for international), since a "full refund" is mentioned, hopefully they do.

Overview map of the final setup :

Detailed map of the final setup :

NEW DESCRIPTION of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 :

OLD DESCRIPTION of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 :

UPDATED 05042013 7.30PM CET
Based on info received from the ticketing company it appears the map posted on the RS Twitter is a "fake" (their own words) and that there will indeed be T1 in the front, T2 behind it and then T3...an official confirmation has yet to ve made though.

ORIGINAL POST : SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?

When rumours started of a possible Rolling Stones concert at Hyde Park in July, people wondered what the setup would be like, especially since they'd used a "tongue pit" at their recent 2012 shows that was much appreciated by those who made it there. Originally we had this to go buy (found by ByeBye Johnny in early March)

Bon Jovi's setup, although it's not clear if it was for Hyde Park or their stadium tour.

Then when the tickets went for sale (pre-sale on Wednesday 03/04) we had this :

GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area

and for the "Hospitality Packages" (An added £100 to T1 and T2), the Unwind Backstage Bar :

Which was consistent with the Bon Jovi setup above (except that GA no longer had access to the FOS) and consistent with the Bon Jovi Hyde Park ticketing as well. In effect it looked more like this chart published by Ticketmaster on their site:

...then the Rolling Stones twitter posted this on 03/04 late evening :

Confusion set in confused smiley

After the show sold out today, Mr. Hallett, the concert promoter from AEG, declared on [www.standard.co.uk] that

“The band wanted the regular ticket-holders to be right at the front of the stage staring at the whites of their eyes, not 200 yards away,” he said.

“The people who have coughed up for hospitality packages will get looked after in a way they have never known before. But when the doors open, if you can run faster than the next guy, it will be like any other general admission gig.”

Then the RS twitter account posted this at about 1PM BST :

With the picture being :

Where (as paulywaul posted in the HP thread) :

A - there is no Tier 1/DIAMOND CIRCLE area
B - GA extends all the way to the front of stage

So what gives ? Confusion, rip-off, both ? This needs to be clarified ASAP !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 12, 2013 11:02

gotdablouse
UPDATED 11072013 7.20 CET
Thought I'd close the loop on this long running saga that got a lot of people worried...needlessly for the most part since the actual Tiet setup on July 6th was very much in line with what IORR member marquess suggested below and most people were happy with it, especially T1 ticket holders who got there fairly early (probably until 6PM).

Gripes :
- The Garden announced for T1/T2 did not exist, there was only an overcrowded bar that was not clearly indicated as T1/T2 and used by everyone
- No Garden, no toilets, so when the West toilets were closed around 7.45PM we had to go to the East toilets completely on the opposite side (the original location of "The Garden"), a stressful 30 minute trip!

Paulywaul obtained a feedback form here [www.iorr.org] - feel free to use it!

Here is a sketch provided by Green Lady that shows how it ended up :

UPDATED 17042013 5.00PM CET
AEG/Frontgatetickets are now processing the refunds/downgrades but check your revised invoice because in some cases it's not what was agreed! You'd think that after selling tickets with wrong descriptions they'd do their best to ensure the revised orders are correct...

UPDATED 09042013 6.00PM CET
AEG have now gotten back to marquee concerning the improved map he suggested but claim that "this is not possible", with no reason given, full answer here : [www.iorr.org]

It was confirmed yesterday by Rob Hallett that Bon Jovi would play with Diamond and Gold circles on the 5th. It's very disappointing the Stones fans are being denied what the Bon Jovi fans are getting especially since that's what was originally promised, whose call is it? Since it's not the promoter's it has to be the band's...

An interesting link : what do If you don’t get the event tickets you ordered in adviceguide.org.uk - (credit : vdkf on page 31)

Using the current map posted on the BSC site, the BBC "Virtual Tour" video [www.bbc.co.uk] and the concert speaker towers down front as reference, wsmbm planned the T1 and T2 areas :

UPDATED 09042013 9.30AM CET
According to feedback on page 28 refunds are bow being processed by Frontgate (ticket agent for the BST site) with both fees (10%) and shipping (up to £90 international, £30 for shipping and £59,80 for "Delivery International mail" ) being refunded to those who made the request.

AEG have not commented on suggestions made to improve the situation such as Marquee's map (see below) but are maintaining a hard line in some answers like the one received by IGTBA : "Thanks for your constructive feedback and response. Unfortunately the previous e-mail is the best that we can offer in this situation and the official response from AEG. Please let us know whether you would like a full refund on your ticket, or a downgrade to the GA ticket price within 3 business days."

One member, kernowmod, made a complaint to his credit card company (Barclaycard), who "very helpful they agreed that AEG have failed to supply what was promised, I may not get the plan changed, but someone is going to have to [tell] me why.

UPDATED 08042013 3.45PM CET
AEG have started getting back to people who requested a refund, asking them to provide their order number and the name of the ticket agent they used. No word yet on the next steps of the process and whether they will be refunding the 10% service fees and postage (£30 for international orders).

UPDATED 08042013 2.45AM CET
An IORR member has come up with a new map that provides an interesting compromise to try to reconcile the descriptions provided on the BST site at the time the T1/T2/T3 tickets were sold (detailed below) with the Stones' wish to have GA(T3) ticket holders in FOS (Front of Stage), full details here : [www.iorr.org] and this is the proposed map :

UPDATED 06042013 11.45PM CET
The story has been picked up by The Telegraph : Rolling Stones fans in row over premium tickets.

Of interest, some research on the legal implications of selling misrepresented items : [www.iorr.org]

UPDATED 06042013 1.15PM CET
Although some people were given a 3 day deadline by M. Rob Hallett ( rob@aeglive.co.uk ) President of International Touring at AEG Live (the promoters of the BSC Festival) to decide whether they wanted a refund/downgrade/upgrade (for pay upgrade not offered to all), further requests for clarification have not been answered since last night.

The original description in the "Tickets" sections has been added below, previously we had a screen capture of the purchase page, the content is the same.

It should also be noted that there is now mention of "The Garden" an area exclusive to T1/T2 holders with food, drinks and toilets. "The Garden" had never been mentioned before, which could only encourage potential buyers to get the "Unwind Backstage Bar" for an extra £100 to get access to such essential services. As seen on the map, "The Garden" is in fact located closer to T1 and T2 than the "Unwind Backstage Bar"!

So there are two issues really:
- inducing potential buyers to buy more expensive T1 and T2 tickets by using fraudulent descriptions of T1/T2/T3 placement.
- inducing potential T1 and T2 buyers to purchase the "Unwind Backstage Bar" package for an extra £100 by not mentioning that its essential services like toilets, food and drinks came with standard T1 and T2 tickets in "The Garden".

UPDATED 05042013 11.00PM CET
M. Rob Hallett, President of International Touring at AEG Live (the promoters of the BSC Festival), has now replied to emails sent to him inquiring as to what the actual setup will be at Hyde Park for the festival in view of the inconsistencies between what was written on the BSC site where the tickets were sold and the map published on the Rolling Stones twitter account and the information he gave to The Standard this morning.

The same email (seen here: [www.iorr.org]) was sent to everyone and in summary, he does not acknowledge that T1 and T2 buyers were misled (the descriptions on the BST site have now been changed, see below) but nonetheless a full refund or a downgrade to T3 is offered. Apparently a decision has to be made within 3 days and at this point it is not clear whether the refund includes fees (10%) and shipping (£30 for international), since a "full refund" is mentioned, hopefully they do.

Overview map of the final setup :

Detailed map of the final setup :

NEW DESCRIPTION of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 :

OLD DESCRIPTION of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 :

UPDATED 05042013 7.30PM CET
Based on info received from the ticketing company it appears the map posted on the RS Twitter is a "fake" (their own words) and that there will indeed be T1 in the front, T2 behind it and then T3...an official confirmation has yet to ve made though.

ORIGINAL POST : SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?

When rumours started of a possible Rolling Stones concert at Hyde Park in July, people wondered what the setup would be like, especially since they'd used a "tongue pit" at their recent 2012 shows that was much appreciated by those who made it there. Originally we had this to go buy (found by ByeBye Johnny in early March)

Bon Jovi's setup, although it's not clear if it was for Hyde Park or their stadium tour.

Then when the tickets went for sale (pre-sale on Wednesday 03/04) we had this :

GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area

and for the "Hospitality Packages" (An added £100 to T1 and T2), the Unwind Backstage Bar :

Which was consistent with the Bon Jovi setup above (except that GA no longer had access to the FOS) and consistent with the Bon Jovi Hyde Park ticketing as well. In effect it looked more like this chart published by Ticketmaster on their site:

...then the Rolling Stones twitter posted this on 03/04 late evening :

Confusion set in confused smiley

After the show sold out today, Mr. Hallett, the concert promoter from AEG, declared on [www.standard.co.uk] that

“The band wanted the regular ticket-holders to be right at the front of the stage staring at the whites of their eyes, not 200 yards away,” he said.

“The people who have coughed up for hospitality packages will get looked after in a way they have never known before. But when the doors open, if you can run faster than the next guy, it will be like any other general admission gig.”

Then the RS twitter account posted this at about 1PM BST :

With the picture being :

Where (as paulywaul posted in the HP thread) :

A - there is no Tier 1/DIAMOND CIRCLE area
B - GA extends all the way to the front of stage

So what gives ? Confusion, rip-off, both ? This needs to be clarified ASAP !

BRILLIANT .......... thank you Guillaume for posting this, because it actually fully exhibits the extent to which AEG have consistently misdescribed and misrepresented both the layout on the day, the facilities (or lack of), and general confused and deceived people. Throw into the mix the ticket despatch issue, and for some people ......... pretty much anything and everything connected with these two Hyde Park shows has been a bloody nightmare.

Anyway, this thread contains pretty much everything that people need in the way of diagrams, seating plans, descriptions of facilities that were up on the company's website at various times in the lead-in to these shows - so for those that are intending to complain to AEGLIVE and/or seek refunds of one sort or another, a lot of stuff that can be used to illustrate or embellish emails can be found here.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 12, 2013 15:10

Can I just record a small amendment to Green Lady's otherwise accurate diagram.

Most of Tier 2 did not adjoin the catwalk. There was a strip running back from the catwalk which contained the camera rostrums and was also a base for security and first aid personnel etc. The left hand side of Tier 2 adjoined this strip. I was on the barrier and by leaning over I had a decent view of the stage and the end of the catwalk across what (from my position) was a largely empty space.

I am not sure how much of Tier 2 actually abutted the catwalk, as I didn't go that far forward.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 12, 2013 20:11

nobodyimportant
Can I just record a small amendment to Green Lady's otherwise accurate diagram.

Most of Tier 2 did not adjoin the catwalk. There was a strip running back from the catwalk which contained the camera rostrums and was also a base for security and first aid personnel etc. The left hand side of Tier 2 adjoined this strip. I was on the barrier and by leaning over I had a decent view of the stage and the end of the catwalk across what (from my position) was a largely empty space.

I am not sure how much of Tier 2 actually abutted the catwalk, as I didn't go that far forward.

Thanks, nobodyimportant.

If I'd realised how many times that hastily-scribbled sketch was going to be quoted I'd have taken much more care with it! I never got into T1 or T2 in person, so I'm guessing exactly where they start and end. The main reason for drawing it was to tip off T3 people that there was space forward of the security enclosure Keith-side that they could use.

I notice that your festival tactics are similar to mine - don't try to be in the crush right at the front, find a good rail with a reasonable view not blocked by Tall People, and stick to it. For a lady of my age and height it works very well.

Are you coming tomorrow?

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED 11/07/2013
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 14, 2013 23:51

My letter of complaint to Rob Hallett now follows (just sent). If I get response I will post it.

------

Dear Mr Hallett

It is just as well that the Rolling Stones turned in two outstanding performances on July 6th and (especially) on July 13th.

Because that is about the only thing that has worked about these gigs. Everything else I have experienced has been a combination of inefficient and deceitful. Considering the high prices charged for the tickets this is unacceptable and I would like some written answers to my questions. I have had to put in a lot of time to get my tickets in time to attend the gigs as direct result of inefficiency amongst the organising companies. There has already been press coverage of this debacle in the Daily Telegraph, I am very happy for there to be some more.

The problems started with the various ticket pre-sales where tickets that were unavailable on the BST site simultaneously appeared at vastly inflated prices on Seatwave, Stubhub, ViaGoGo, etc . Why is this?

After an hour of pressing refresh on my browser I managed to get a Tier 1 ticket for July 6th and thanked my angels for that. My delight lasted less than a day as it became apparent that the descriptions given to Tier 1,2 and 3 plus the maps as to where the different tiers were going to be had changed. To advertise tickets as being located in a particular place and then change that location after the tickets have been bought is surely fraudulent. I fail to understand why you could not have used the simple Diamond/Gold set up that Bon Jovi were using at their BST gigs and which are similar to the pen used by the Stones last time they played Wembley. Please explain

Bizzarely the final spatial arrangement of Tier1, 2 and 3 that was used for both gigs was different again from what you had told us to expect, even though you told us the layout was final and could not change! Tier 1 ended up working well both nights, and as long as you got to the gig early enough it was possible to have a great view (apart from all the cameras).

Despite the gigs having sold out in 6 minutes (or whatever the press hype said), I noticed that tickets continued to pop up on the BST website at random intervals. By spending hours stalking the site I was able to purchase a further 4 Tier 1 tickets ( 2 for July 6 and 2 for July 13) albeit with Barclaycard Unwind Bar Access at the cost of a further £100 per ticket. Incidentally I never managed to use this bar as when I really needed a drink ie after the gig had finished the Unwind bar was shut! Why ?

Now we enter the realms of massive incompetence. Ten days before the July 6th gig I had no tickets. The BST website said “your items will be shipped” (for all I know it still does). It got to a week before the gig and I was getting this same message and getting nervous. So I rang BST and was told that they were going from the same information as me and my bands would be shipped to me in time.

Thankfully someone on the invaluable iorr.org messageboard pointed out that if you had BarclayCard Unwind you needed to be chasing Barclaycard and not BST. By posting on the BarclayCard facebook page I got hold of a phone number for Joe Sale at BarclayCardpaybands. JOE AND HIS BOSS DOMINIC WERE THE ONLY PEOPLE IN THIS WHOLE SORRY BUSINESS WHO KNEW WHAT THEY TALKING ABOUT AND DID WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD.

Joe told me had no idea what had happened to my paybands but said he would make sure they were resent to me on a signed-for service. I explained they needed to be sent to my office address, not my home address and these were the details I had filled out when I bought my tickets. Two days later I found a large jiffy bag in the hedge outside my house containing £1600 worth of paybands. Bad., It gets worse. It turns out that all 4 bands were blue, and thus only valid for July 6th whereas I had ordered 2 x July 6 and 2 x July 13. Joe suggested he had the chips in two of the bands re-assigned so that they would work on the 13th rather than the 6th. He would then have 2 replacement purple bands sent to my office. I emphasised that I did not want them sent to my house as there is no-one to sign for a parcel and I do not want them left in a hedge. 3 days later I came home to note from the postman saying he has tried to deliver a signed-for parcel...to my home address! So the same mistake was made twice! Yet more of my time was then spent going to the sorting office (now only open 0900 – 1300) to pick up the purple bands so I could switch chips. Despite my scepticism towards Joe’s suggestion it worked and I was able to thank Joe and Dominic in person at the Elvis Costello / Ray Davies gig on Friday.

Finally – what was the point of the Barclay payment wristbands? They didn’t work on July 6th when the internet connection went down so unless you had brought cash you couldn’t buy food or drink. And if you had bought cash why have a plastic band that cannot be recycled and will just sit in landfill? What is the problem to which paybands are the solution ? What is wrong with paper tickets, which can at least be reycled? Please advise

One positive note. Stewards were good both nights and handing out water throughout the gig was Great for those of us who stood down the front for several hours in heat and sun.

I fully expect you to say that not all the above is the responsibility of AEG. And that is another problem. Over the weeks I found myself dealing with AEG, Front Gate, BarclayCard and BST, none of whom seemed to talk to each other. Why were so many different entities involved in organising something so simple as a rock’n’roll gig?

Yours sincerely

Simon Wright

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 15, 2013 16:28

johnnythunders
My letter of complaint to Rob Hallett now follows (just sent). If I get response I will post it.

Good luck with that mate. (Not being sarcastic). I felt frustrated just reading it.

Date: July 15, 2013 16:36

I felt better for having written it!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 23, 2013 23:24

johnnythunders

Any response yet ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 24, 2013 01:42

I think National Geographic should have produced the mapping. Maybe it will be in their next issue. smileys with beer

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 24, 2013 04:25

johnnythunders

They certainly made a bit of a mess of the logistics, and I am sure that they will do much better after this experience. However, I think that in all fairness to the organizers, they revised the tiers to match that proposal made by the IORR member. I don't think that anyone who actually bought a Tier 1 ticket had much to complain about. Compared to the "tongue pit" price in the US, it was a bargain, and it was much, much better than originally advertised. Tier 2 wasn't great, but again, it was better than the original seating chart.

And, it was pretty nice to be able to see the likes of Elvis Costello and Ray Davies for free the night before (after Elton had to cancel). It was such a mellow crowd, I walked right up to the rail to see Elvis. Overall, I thought that the two days that I attended were great.

Date: July 24, 2013 14:59

Reply received today from BST - I can't see that it says anything. From Rob Hallett, nothing.

---------

Dear Simon

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with regards to your recent visit to Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park. All feedback is important to us, whether positive or negative as it allows us to continually monitor the service we deliver.

I can certainly answer some of your questions for you, however there are some parts that of your email raised that you will need to take up with Barclaycard direct.

We do our utmost to ensure that fans are able to purchase tickets at face value, however we also understand that customers often have a loyalty to certain ticket companies that they use regular. Therefore on our website we have a list of authorised ticket sellers for the concert and customers could have purchased directly with us or through any of those listed here: [www.bst-hydepark.com] We do not advise people to purchase tickets through other sites that you have mentioned as the tickets are not always valid or real. Unfortunately we have little control over these sites, but are continually monitoring them to tackle the issues of inflated ticket costs.

We had to change the lay out of the Tier’s due to unforeseen circumstances relating to this specific concert. Any customers that raised this lay out change this with us prior to the event were offered a refund; if they did not contact us the assumption is that they accepted the new lay out as it now was.

All bars were shut at a specific time due to the licensing of our venue. As you are aware Hyde Park is an open public park, with residents living in close proximity. For us to be able to put the concerts on in such a great venue we have to adhere to very strict timings. And thus we were unable to allow customers to stay on park once the concert was over to accommodate any after show celebrations.

With regards to the delivery of your paybands, I must advise you to raise this issue with Joe at Barclaycard as he is the staff member that arranged these deliveries for you. I am unable to comment on this matter.

I hope that I have been able to answer the majority of your questions for you; and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused whilst you were here.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards

Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park

Sent: 22 July 2013 00:03
To: Rob Hallett; British Summer Time Hyde Park Info
Subject: FW: A letter of complaint - Organisation of Rolling Stones Gigs in Hyde Park on July 6th and 13th
Importance: High

One week since I sent you this , and not even an acknowledgement from either of you!

Very poor

Please advise your response

Thank you

Simon Wright

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637
Current Page: 37 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2162
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home