Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED 09/04
Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 12:13

I'm still wondering whether DC actually has a better view than GC....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2013 13:35

Good question! Would have to be on paper but we know how that went the last time we trusted what we read...

Posted by: ClaireR ()
Date: April 9, 2013 13:46

beepee2
I'm still wondering whether DC actually has a better view than GC....

I am wondering the same thing, I have e-mailed both AEG and BST to clarify the ACTUAL position for Tier 1 and Tier 2 as the layout is not very helpful. As yet no response for either!

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: April 9, 2013 13:55

Listen folks my recommendation would be to buy Tier 3 tickets for the 13th wait and see what happens on the 6th and then buy tier 1 or 2 for the 13th if there is an improved situation.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: NegativeWhite ()
Date: April 9, 2013 14:23

Hey guys

I'm from Switzerland and bought a T2-Ticket. I'm glad I stumbled over iorr.org and this thread, that's how I know about this whole mess.

I'm editor in chief of the Negative White Online Magazine, a webzine about music an culture. I've published an article with all the facts (until 7th april) to provide German speaking people all the informations they need: [www.negativewhite.ch]

Thank you very much for your efforts!
Greetings from Switzerland

Date: April 9, 2013 14:33

NegativeWhite
Hey guys

I'm from Switzerland and bought a T2-Ticket. I'm glad I stumbled over iorr.org and this thread, that's how I know about this whole mess.

I'm editor in chief of the Negative White Online Magazine, a webzine about music an culture. I've published an article with all the facts (until 7th april) to provide German speaking people all the informations they need: [www.negativewhite.ch]

Thank you very much for your efforts!
Greetings from Switzerland

thanks for your initiative !

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #5
Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 9, 2013 15:11

Bantambernie
It's totally wrong but the only choice to make as far as the gig is concerned is stick with what you got, upgrade, downgrade - dont go.

Don't forget we will be entitled to complain after the event, bringing their false description to the attention of Trading Standards. There must still be hundreds of people with Tier 1 & 2 tickets who are unaware of the situation, and won't find out until they arrive. They will be looking for compensation from AEG.

As a Tier 2 punter, as long as I have a good view I will be content, as I never wanted FOS. It remains to be seen what the view will be like, as we don't really know how accurate that plan is with regard to scale, angles etc.

Date: April 9, 2013 15:25

nobodyimportant
Bantambernie
It's totally wrong but the only choice to make as far as the gig is concerned is stick with what you got, upgrade, downgrade - dont go.

Don't forget we will be entitled to complain after the event, bringing their false description to the attention of Trading Standards. There must still be hundreds of people with Tier 1 & 2 tickets who are unaware of the situation, and won't find out until they arrive. They will be looking for compensation from AEG.

As a Tier 2 punter, as long as I have a good view I will be content, as I never wanted FOS. It remains to be seen what the view will be like, as we don't really know how accurate that plan is with regard to scale, angles etc.

I am with you I never wanted FOS just great view with good sound quality (Hyde Park can have a poor sound quality), I have posted before but I am trying to get more info from AEG and BST re the actual layout and view, hopefully it will not be as bad as the layout shows (finger crossed), see you there!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 9, 2013 15:26

nobodyimportant

Don't forget we will be entitled to complain after the event, bringing their false description to the attention of Trading Standards.

...Exactly! And I fully intent to wait until then to push for possible compensations - after all, the purchase has been made, but the goods haven't been delivered, have they?! There's nothing yet to complain about.

nobodyimportant

..Exactly! Thát, and the sound balance. I never wanted nor intended to be 'front of stage', but I DO want to be centre of stage (as much as possible)...

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 9, 2013 15:44

It's been said before, but that layout they are showing will be very dangerous unless they turn the front part of T3 into a protected pit area - with the firstcomers getting wristbands to allow them to move in and out freely. But Rob's words about people being prepared to stay there all day mean that they are not going to do this.

Recipe for disaster methinks.

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: April 9, 2013 15:55

I've now received the following reply from AEG:

Thank you for your email and comments and apologies for the confusion regarding Tier 1, 2 and 3 tickets.

I have attached a map of the site layout for you.

The offer of a refund or downgrade to tier 3 is still available if you would like it, please let us know if you do.

Kind Regards

AEG Live

The map they have attached is exactly the same as the one we've all seen. No change, no "small" area for GA.This seems to be some sort of standard response, as it bears no relation to my original e-mail to them whatsoever. Also their interesting use of the word "confusion". There is no confusion - the description quite clearly said "Tier 2 - access to an area closer to the stage than general admission". That is not confusion, it is blatantly misleading and a false claim.

I've had no response from Barclaycard, but that is as I expected.

Out of interest - has anybody actually contacted Trading Standards yet?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 16:09 by martinw.

Posted by: Rosalie ()
Date: April 9, 2013 16:24

If I have missed someone else posting this my apologies. But has anyone noticed that after the announcemnet of a new show this morning the tiers are still being advertised as before??

[soundaroundlondon.wordpress.com]

Posted by: Jaggeresque ()
Date: April 9, 2013 16:26

From the Telegraph's story today announcing the second date. Huge (and kinda apt) typo: They mispell Hyde Park as HYPE PARK:

"Last week it was announced that the Rolling Stones would perform at Hype Park on June 6, almost 44 years to the day since they first played there in 1969. Tickets for the first Hype Park gig sold out in three minutes when they went on sale last Friday.
Since then, a row has erupted over £300 premium tickets for the show, after an official plan for crowd access appeared to show that people who had bought cheaper tickets would have access to the same areas as those who had bought more expensive ones.
AEG Live, the concert’s promoter, later apologised “for the confusion” and said those with premium tickets would be guaranteed a position close to the stage “in an exclusive section”.
Refunds or downgrades to cheaper tickets were offered to those who were “still not happy”.

Date: April 9, 2013 17:07

As I previously mentioned I contacted AEG/BST about confirmation on the exact location of Tier 2 and what "guaranteed a position close to the stage" (as in the updated descriptionon the website) actually meant, and I have just got the following reply from AEG...

The production information hasn’t been finalised yet so I can’t give you the exact distance from the stage to Tier 2, however It is in a position to receive a good view of the stage and not just the screens.

Not sure if that helps but its a start...

Date: April 9, 2013 17:10

ClaireR
It is in a position to receive a good view of the stage and not just the screens.

Wow, T1 and 2 will not only see the screens, that's really great !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 17:12 by beepee2.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:15

Jaggeresque
From the Telegraph's story today announcing the second date. Huge (and kinda apt) typo: They mispell Hyde Park as HYPE PARK:

"Last week it was announced that the Rolling Stones would perform at Hype Park on June 6, almost 44 years to the day since they first played there in 1969. Tickets for the first Hype Park gig sold out in three minutes when they went on sale last Friday.
Since then, a row has erupted over £300 premium tickets for the show, after an official plan for crowd access appeared to show that people who had bought cheaper tickets would have access to the same areas as those who had bought more expensive ones.
AEG Live, the concert’s promoter, later apologised “for the confusion” and said those with premium tickets would be guaranteed a position close to the stage “in an exclusive section”.
Refunds or downgrades to cheaper tickets were offered to those who were “still not happy”.

The wording makes it seem like the expensive ticket buyers are pissed off because the cheaper ticket people will have access to same area.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:21

ClaireR
As I previously mentioned I contacted AEG/BST about confirmation on the exact location of Tier 2 and what "guaranteed a position close to the stage" (as in the updated descriptionon the website) actually meant, and I have just got the following reply from AEG...

The production information hasn’t been finalised yet so I can’t give you the exact distance from the stage to Tier 2, however It is in a position to receive a good view of the stage and not just the screens.

I'll be going for tier 1 or 2 again for the july 13 show.
It might not be as bad as we think.
But I'm probably comforting myself.

Date: April 9, 2013 17:34

BowieStone
ClaireR

They @#$%& you about and you're still going back for more!?

With fans like is it's no wonder that the prices keep getting crazier and the set ups more ridiculous. grinning smiley

I'm sure it will be a blast though. cool smiley

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:36

His Majesty
Jaggeresque

The wording makes it seem like the expensive ticket buyers are pissed off because the cheaper ticket people will have access to same area.

In fairness, a lot of the posts here would lead you to the same conclusion...

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:37

BowieStone
ClaireR

This perfectly sums up the stupidity and snobiness of this site.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:40

BowieStone
ClaireR

I would buy a GA ticket and see what happens on the 1st gig and then try for a T1 or T2 ticket but safe in the knowledge that you at least have a ticket for the 13th. You could always sell the GA if you were successful with either T1 or T2 tickets.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: April 9, 2013 17:40

I asked for the time when tickets will be shipped and when they will provide FINAL venue map. Just got this answer:

Hello,

An exact delivery date has not been determined at this point. The final site map can be found at [bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com]
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Hence, we can forget there will be any changes for Tier 1 and Tier 2.

Date: April 9, 2013 17:42

textmonkey
His Majesty
Jaggeresque

In fairness, a lot of the posts here would lead you to the same conclusion...

grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:45

His Majesty
Jaggeresque

Which is not the case since all here have approved the "Marquee" proposal with T3 getting FOS. What's p*ssed people off to no end is that, cost aside, it was a big struggle to secure a placement that we thought was great only to find out it wouldn't be as advertized.

Anyone heard back from frontgate for further full refunds and/or downgrades or is bartfrombrussels' full refund the only one that got processed so far?

It's pretty clear that AEG are not going out of their way to reach out to T1/T2 buyers since only those who've complained have received an email...surely they realize it's not a good idea for people to find out about the issue on location with likely "strong" reactions ?!

Posted by: ulf-axel ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:49

ClaireR

you can receive a good view of the stage a hundred meters and more away from the stage but you can't see what's happening on it therefore you have the screens.
I'm totally pissed off about AEG's arrogance!

Date: April 9, 2013 17:49

Sixsixseveneight
BowieStone
ClaireR

Hope that not directed at me I am new member to this forum and was just trying to help fellow RS fans and I don't expect to get s**t comments like that

Posted by: CalGonz ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:50

I agreed to a downgrade to T3 tickets and a refund 24 hours ago but haven't heard anything yet.

Sent a chaser to AEG a while back, but still no response.

Still - at least AEG responded. I still haven't heard a dicky bird from Front Gate tickets.

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:52

ClaireR
Sixsixseveneight
BowieStone
ClaireR

Hope that not directed at me I am new member to this forum and was just trying to help fellow RS fans and I don't expect to get s**t comments like that

Like somebody has already pointed out, you've been shafted on, and you're agreeing to go through with the same procedures again.

Actually you know what, go ahead. Who am I to tell you what to do.

Date: April 9, 2013 17:53

gotdablouse
His Majesty
Jaggeresque

Which is not the case since all here have approved the "Marquee" proposal with T3 getting FOS. What's p*ssed people off to no end is that, cost aside, it was a big struggle to secure a placement that we thought was great only to find out it wouldn't be as advertized.

Anyone heard back from frontgate for further full refunds and/or downgrades or is bartfrombrussels' full refund the only one that got processed so far?

It's pretty clear that AEG are not going out of their way to reach out to T1/T2 buyers since only those who've complained have received an email...surely they realize it's not a good idea for people to find out about the issue on location with likely "strong" reactions ?!

I know that, but it hasn't been communicated via the Telegraph article.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:56

Sixsixseveneight
BowieStone
ClaireR

Thank you. Your kind words are appreciated.

If I see on july 6 that I will be having a rather good view than I will be disappointed that I would have GA tickets for the week after.

I used to wait hours and hours for a show, but I don't feel like that anymore. And I think a decent spot for £199 has more value than standing completely at the back with horrible sound and view for £95.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home