Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #4
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 16:12

They are. It was nice being down the front but ruined by the fact everyone was in seats and rattling jewelry.

There's a different thread on taking a piss at gigs. It's never been a problem for me. But if it is then perhaps it is time to learn to enjoy gigs with a slight side view.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 8, 2013 16:19

PrivateGodfrey2
sjs12 your comments sum up the situation well.

I hope the comments of all these cry babies are not taken too seriously by the management companies. We should be congratulating the Stones for allowing the average earner a chance to see them close. If you had £300 to spend on seeing them then you had your chance last year, now its time to get your refund and stop whinging. Well done Mr Jagger and Co.

Very unfair comment. I couldn't afford to see them last year, so I've been saving since then. I've never seen the Stones live and this will almost certainly be my last chance. I am not very young and not very tall and not very well and cannot run so if I got a T3 ticket I would be way way back and wouldn't see much.

It's a shame that some people feel the need to be so unpleasant. I shan't respond to any more nasty comments, it's not worth my while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 16:22 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 8, 2013 16:31

... The only decent thing to do for AEG "& co" is to refund us the service charges.

When you c*ck-up like that, and you fail to offer satisfactory solution(-s) to the problem on top of that, you're not entitled to any such thing as a 'service charge'...

I do not want a "full refund" (which in fact just means you're cancelling the transaction), nor a downgrade of my ticket, nor an upgrade.
I'm entitled to what I paid for, and therefor I want just thàt - or a compensation(!) for what they won't be able to deliver after all but nevertheless promised, me right before I made my purchase.

I'll take these service charges (back), thank you very much. They'll do.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 8, 2013 16:41

nobodyimportant

It's a shame that some people feel the need to be so unpleasant.

Quite so. And even some with an apparent agenda, you'd come to think when reading some of these comments...?!

Lots of new names on the forum these days, particularly in this discussion, aren't there??

Not suggesting anything. Just sayin'...
ànd thinking about that.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 8, 2013 16:43

Thanks for the updates from those who already asked for a refund from AEG and who were asked to provide the order number and the name of the ticket agent they used. I'll update the first message.

Let us know when you find out about the next steps and fees and postage, since these are "owned" by the Ticket Agent I'd be curious to see whether AEG will pick up the tab...unlikely.

Has anyone with a T1 or T2 + "Unwind Backstage Bar" asked for a £100 (+fees) refund now that they've explained that the stock T1 and T2 tickets already came with equivalent facilities in "The Garden" ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 16:44 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 8, 2013 17:04

From the BST Hyde Park Facebook page - Bon Jovi fans getting restless
No one from BST or AEG has so far reassured them ...

Deborah Fitflop Hick
Please set it straight, that there WILL be DC/GC for Bon Jovi or there are gonna be mega riots. lol, I believe there will be but other as saying no.
Like · · Yesterday at 12:13am

Grace Hound I'd be worried that no one from BST has replied to you, Deborah.
2 hours ago · Like
Deborah Fitflop Hick Not worried at all there will be what we paid for
2 hours ago via mobile · Like
Michael Dewsnap from what they're saying on DC,it seems there will be but set out the same as the Stones set up,just called different,there's are called tiers,i predict plenty of tears if it doesn't work out,people may well have just bought GA and brought their running shoes ..
2 hours ago · Like
Peter McArthur I can confirm that there will be DC/GC for Bon Jovi.
2 hours ago · Like
Wendy Marks I knew there was a benefit to all this running I've been doing....will be sure to pack my trainers!
2 hours ago · Like
Michael Dewsnap we know there will be,but in what form ? AEG are saying that the Jovi/Stones set up will be the same,which in a way makes sense,they would have to alter it all overnight otherwise
2 hours ago · Like
Alison Mcilduff Don't the stones have gc and dc? They have 3 different sections so I would imagine its the same, the stones were sold in tiers 1,2 and 3 weren't they? BJ are dc, gc and ga, so I should imagine it will be the same?
2 hours ago via mobile · Like
Budge Broady I have emailed the AEG Boss, Rob Hallott on Saturday and asked him to confirm if the Bon Jovi gig will have the same layout as the Stones. I am awaiting his reply. If as I suspect it will be the same (why would they change layouts at a festival for different bands?) then GC tickets seems to have been misled the most as they will be further back then GA if you got there early enough. DC (tier1) isn't too bad but is not directly in front of the stage and GA will still have the opportunity for a better view at a much lower price.
about an hour ago · Edited · Like · 1
Elizabeth Brown I had mention this yesterday Debbie knows because she was commenting on it but I am hoping it will be like all the other concerts the normal DC and GC not like the way the stones is set out to the side not directly in front of the stage there has been uproar over it.
about an hour ago · Like
Wendy Marks Another spanner in the works if you will recall is also when Barclaycard sold all the presale tix although they were listed in three price bands (Dc/GC/GA) when we got the email confirmations they all actually say general admission. I sent them an email and got a reply then that they were definitely diamond circle so they had better be!
about an hour ago · Like
Michael Dewsnap strictly speaking they are all GA wendy,just different levels of,glad i'm not going !
about an hour ago · Like · 1
Wendy Marks Just had a look at that plan - I had better be in tier one as I paid the most. that plan is crap and I definitely think you'd have a case for miselling if you had GC ie what I assume woulod be tier 2 as you say you could be behind GA.
about an hour ago · Like
Wendy Marks I guess they wouldnt have to move the stage for DC/Gc./GA - they could just move the barriers which would be an easy job and take no time at all.
about an hour ago · Like
Wendy Marks This is why I normally never go to festivals...
about an hour ago · Like
Wendy Marks Looking at that map for the Stones - think there will be some seriously peed off Stones fans too as in theory you could have bought the most expensive ticket, queue all night and still not be front row centre as Tier one is off to the side!
about an hour ago · Like
Budge Broady I am on the FC trip but if this is the layout then a lot of people are going to be furious. Some people can't queue from stupid o'clock in the morning, they can't run fast to be at the front, they can't stand for 15+hours. For these reasons a lot of people buy GC & DC tickets, they spend extra to be able to have the chance to arrive in comfort and be close to the stage. If these tickets are now not offering what they were sold as then there will be the same angry responses from Jovi fans to AEG as there are from Stones fans.
about an hour ago · Like
Michael Dewsnap yes thats what they're all upset at Wendy,paid all that money and then Jagger says if you bought the 'cheap' tickets and can run you will be at the fornt ..
about an hour ago · Like
Wendy Marks It would work in my favour but agree its bang out of order - personally I'd be claiming for misselling. Can you imagine 40,000 or more people charging the stage - a major accident waiting to happen. I once ended up front row centre at a Bryan Adam outdoor gig. I had queued all day & was pretty near the front of the queue anyway but when they opened the gate the security guys opened several at once and actually shouted "RUN" - the stage was about half a mile from the entrance so Imanaged to get there before anyone else
about an hour ago · Edited · Like

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #5
Posted by: martinw ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:41

After emailing BST, Barclaycard and Ticketfactory on Saturday, I finally received a response from Ticketfactory as follows:

Thank you for your email regarding the Rolling Stones at Hyde Park.

It may be helpful to explain that The Ticket Factory sells tickets for shows, as one of a number of agents, on behalf of promoters and organisers. The promoter is responsible for all aspects of the concert including when and how tickets are released, which ticket agent has which allocation of tickets, ticket prices, seating/standing layout and the show production. As a ticket agent we take all our instructions from the promoter.

Following the issue you have raised regarding a published layout of the event that you have viewed, we have forwarded on your email to the promoters, AEG, and either ourselves or AEG will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Lorna Lanspeary

Customer Services Supervisor

The Ticket Factory

I hear the sound of a buck being passed...

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:43

martinw
After emailing BST, Barclaycard and Ticketfactory on Saturday, I finally received a response from Ticketfactory as follows:

Thank you for your email regarding the Rolling Stones at Hyde Park.

It may be helpful to explain that The Ticket Factory sells tickets for shows, as one of a number of agents, on behalf of promoters and organisers. The promoter is responsible for all aspects of the concert including when and how tickets are released, which ticket agent has which allocation of tickets, ticket prices, seating/standing layout and the show production. As a ticket agent we take all our instructions from the promoter.

Following the issue you have raised regarding a published layout of the event that you have viewed, we have forwarded on your email to the promoters, AEG, and either ourselves or AEG will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Lorna Lanspeary

Customer Services Supervisor

The Ticket Factory

I hear the sound of a buck being passed...

Thank you for posting that.
If the ticket agents begin to question AEG things can turn out interesting.

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #3
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:47

IGTBA
sjs12
IGTBA
AEG is owned by Phil Anschutz, a billionaire, whose holding company is located in Denver, CO - where I live. If this does not get resolved in an acceptable way for Tier 1 & 2 purchasers, within a few days, I plan to visit their office and not leave until I can make a personal complaint with a responsible officer. The office is located at 555 17th St., Ste. 2400
Denver, CO 80202 Phone: 303-298-1000

So not only do you have more money than sense but also more time too? Just downgrade to t3 and be glad they had the good will to let you, and stop throwing your dummy out of the pram.

At first I had sympathy with people who had purchased tickets that had a misleading description. However, it now seems that despite being offered various options that no other ticket holder has the choice of, they are still complaining. Will you not be content until the layout has been altered to your own personal choice to suit your selfish agenda to the detriment of the vast majority of concert goers?

Upgrade, downgrade or get your money back. Simple choice.

@sjs12 Since you feel comfortable telling me what to do, I'll return the favor, go %#@! yourself. I have zero interest in Tier 3. No way I want to fight for a place near the front for hours. That's why I purchased Tier 1; so I could go around and come back before the Stones and stand near the back of Tier 1. I want what I purchased, not Tier 3, not a refund.

And BTW, I emailed BST on Friday and again on Saturday - and other than the initial "Thank you for submitting your email. We have received your request and one of our representatives will be responding as soon as possible.", I have not heard anything from them yet. So I have no options so far.

I'm so grateful that they let me

sc uk

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:47

Who is this ticket factory ? I ordered through the BST page... does that mean i need to send a mail to that "ticket factory" as well ???

Seems like the process of tracing a purchase of a ticket is nearly as complex as the route taken by the meat we buy from supermarket...

Date: April 8, 2013 17:52

straycatuk
IGTBA
sjs12
IGTBA
AEG is owned by Phil Anschutz, a billionaire, whose holding company is located in Denver, CO - where I live. If this does not get resolved in an acceptable way for Tier 1 & 2 purchasers, within a few days, I plan to visit their office and not leave until I can make a personal complaint with a responsible officer. The office is located at 555 17th St., Ste. 2400

So not only do you have more money than sense but also more time too? Just downgrade to t3 and be glad they had the good will to let you, and stop throwing your dummy out of the pram.

At first I had sympathy with people who had purchased tickets that had a misleading description. However, it now seems that despite being offered various options that no other ticket holder has the choice of, they are still complaining. Will you not be content until the layout has been altered to your own personal choice to suit your selfish agenda to the detriment of the vast majority of concert goers?

@sjs12 Since you feel comfortable telling me what to do, I'll return the favor, go %#@! yourself. I have zero interest in Tier 3. No way I want to fight for a place near the front for hours. That's why I purchased Tier 1; so I could go around and come back before the Stones and stand near the back of Tier 1. I want what I purchased, not Tier 3, not a refund.

And BTW, I emailed BST on Friday and again on Saturday - and other than the initial "Thank you for submitting your email. We have received your request and one of our representatives will be responding as soon as possible.", I have not heard anything from them yet. So I have no options so far.

sc uk

As for "various options that no other ticket holder has the choice of", Lord knows what he means by that, but I don't want to have any further dialogue with that poster.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:54

some of the blarting in this thread could induce vomiting.

1. there was a mistake made. it happens. it's not life or death.

2. to my understanding you've been offered a refund, or a partial refund and a GA ticket.

3. get on with it and grow a pair.

FFS

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:55

thumbs up
andy js
some of the blarting in this thread could induce vomiting.

1. there was a mistake made. it happens. it's not life or death.

2. to my understanding you've been offered a refund, or a partial refund and a GA ticket.

3. get on with it and grow a pair.

FFS

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:57

Ticket Factory is the agency I bought tickets from in the Barclaycard pre-sale on Wednesday. Apparently Barclaycard/Unwind used their website for the pre-sale.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:57

(@ vocalion)
A bit ironic you like that comment when I read your signature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 17:58 by The Worst..

Date: April 8, 2013 18:05

IGTBA
sjs12
IGTBA

I tried that once but unfortunately I'm not flexible enough.

What you want them is t1 or t2 tickets which get you close to the stage without having to queue up. I'd suggest that for you. Either that or get a refund and let someone else go in your place who can have a good time without having to ruin everyone else's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 18:09 by sjs12.

Posted by: wsmbm ()
Date: April 8, 2013 18:08

using the concert speaker towers down front as reference you can plan out the areas and get an idea of the crap view they have reserved for Tier 1 and 2 customers. Debatable whether Tier 1 is any better than Tier 2 if you ask me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 19:05 by wsmbm.

Date: April 8, 2013 18:12

wsmbm

using the concert speaker towers down front as reference you can get an idea of the crap view they have reserved for Tier 1 and 2 customers.

Thanks.

My friends will be very glad to have booked the journey from France after I told them that i had tickets for Gold circles with a FOS view. yawning smiley

Date: April 8, 2013 18:12

RoughJusticeOnYa
nobodyimportant

It's a shame that some people feel the need to be so unpleasant.

Quite so. And even some with an apparent agenda, you'd come to think when reading some of these comments...?!

Lots of new names on the forum these days, particularly in this discussion, aren't there??

Not suggesting anything. Just sayin'...
ànd thinking about that.

Yes, I don't remember you from the early days I have to say. Or did you just change your username after abb came out?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 18:16 by sjs12.

Date: April 8, 2013 18:19

nobodyimportant
straycatuk
IGTBA
sjs12
IGTBA

sc uk

As for "various options that no other ticket holder has the choice of", Lord knows what he means by that, but I don't want to have any further dialogue with that poster.

I simply mean that GA holders won't be given the option of upgrading.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: April 8, 2013 18:26

The Worst.
(@ vocalion)
A bit ironic you like that comment when I read your signature.

if you want, I've got a thumbs up for you too....

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: April 8, 2013 18:34

Why are the stones organizing a second Altamont in their hometown? Why don't they do something about it? Incredible. Off course you're gonna have riots. Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: ulf-axel ()
Date: April 8, 2013 18:39

Well I have purchased Tier 2 + Barcleycard Unwind Backstage Bar tickets and I feel ripped off as well. I guess there will be no downgrade, upgrade, refund etc. AEG bosses are counting already the bucks and that’s it. They made their deal even it smells like fraud. The only way to get what we paid for is bring the Hyde Park ticketing mess to justice.
BTW marquee’s layout is a compromise I can live with.

Date: April 8, 2013 18:47

If this shit will really looks like the image below (which is in line with AEG's map), there's no way I'll stay there, I'll move to the FOS as per what was written on my purchase, and I guess if more than 50 person do the same there'll be no way they can prevent people from going where there belong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 18:48 by beepee2.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 8, 2013 18:51

Perhaps there is hope AEG will come up with something acceptable. Not sure how? This is slightly off topic, but the AEG $85 per ticket sale for North American concerts appears to be working - and the anti-scalper measures are enabling real fans to buy these. Lots of people on Shidoobee (and probably here too) are reporting getting these. I bought two for Chicago, June 3 - and earlier pulled up two for Toronto - but did not buy them. So since I have given AEG so much grief here, I'll give them praise for how the $85 deal is working, at least so far, for North America.

Now AEG, please find some way to fix this Hyde Park mess.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:00

MGetzner
Just got an email from AEG also asking about the ticket agent and order no., stating that "we will look into sorting this for you". Let's see what happens.

So, are you a step further? Today I got this one...the crap from 2 days ago some of you already hae.
What should I do now???

Hi,
Thanks for your mail
Apologies for the confusion in respect of GA Tiers 1, 2 and 3.
You are correct that there will be a section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets. This will be the same as any other gig and will be available to anyone that arrives early enough and can run fast enough and are prepared to remain in that spot throughout the day.
However, the purchase of your Tier 1 tickets will provide you with the following:

· You will have an exclusive entry and exit point to the venue itself, not available to the general public holding Tier 3 tickets

· You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 1 tickets.

· From this area, you will have exclusive access to sanitation/toilet facilities and a bar area (and so you will not have to leave this area and return to the main site if you do not wish to)

· But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones.

We think this Tier 1 package, as detailed above, represents great value and will allow you the best opportunity to enjoy a fabulous day and an amazing performance from the Rolling Stones.

But if you are still not happy, please let us know by return email within 3 days and we will agree either to:
· Downgrade your ticket purchase to a Tier 3 ticket (£95)
· Give you a full refund on your ticket purchase.
We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
Kind regards
AEG Live

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:05

Just got an answer from AEG Live ([email protected], I send my mail to Rob), it seems to be the "standard reply".
They also attached picture of map layout and it is the same as on BST site.

"This will be the same as any other gig" so I guess bonjovi won't have circle either?

They don't offer upgrade. Just downgrade or refund.

They keep telling what I can get with my ticket but they are totally ignoring the MAIN POINT that these ticket were sold with description: access closer to stage than GA. And I made it very clear in my message that they are not offering what they have promised. I'm so pissed!

Has any of you who have received this standard answer and has replied them back got any replys back?

"
Thanks for your mail

Apologies for the confusion in respect of GA Tiers 1, 2 and 3.

You are correct that there will be a section in front of the stage that can be accessed by those with General Admission Tier 3 tickets. This will be the same as any other gig and will be available to anyone that arrives early enough and can run fast enough and are prepared to remain in that spot throughout the day.

However, the purchase of your Tier 2 tickets will provide you with the following:

· You will have an exclusive entry and exit point to the venue itself, not available to the general public holding Tier 3 tickets

· You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 2 tickets.

· From this area, you will have exclusive access to sanitation/toilet facilities and a bar area (and so you will not have to leave this area and return to the main site if you do not wish to)

· But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones.

We think this Tier 2 package, as detailed above, represents great value and will allow you the best opportunity to enjoy a fabulous day and an amazing performance from the Rolling Stones.

But if you are still not happy, please let us know by return email within 3 days and we will agree either to:

· Downgrade your ticket purchase to a Tier 3 ticket (£95)

· Give you a full refund on your ticket purchase.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

AEG Live

This email and the files transmitted with it are confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this email in error please notify us and remove the email from your system and any use of this email, its contents or attachments is strictly prohibited. AEG Live is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this communication as it has been transmitted over a public network. Whilst AEG Live monitors all communications for potential viruses, AEG Live makes no representations or warranties as to the absence of viruses in this email or any attachments and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage caused by this email and the information it contains. Addressees should scan this email and any attachments for viruses.

AEG Live (UK) Ltd is a private Limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 05452230. Registered Office: Almack House, 28 King Street, London, SW1Y 6QW

Date: April 8, 2013 19:05

Ok, nothing new then.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:08

beepee2
If this shit will really looks like the image below (which is in line with AEG's map), there's no way I'll stay there, I'll move to the FOS as per what was written on my purchase, and I guess if more than 50 person do the same there'll be no way they can prevent people from going where there belong.

tomorrow they´ll offer a special arrangement for sitting in the trees to share the unique experience some made ´69 ....

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 8, 2013 19:35

Thanks, bv, for making this STICKY and for
putting it up on the NEWS section!

Apr 6: Hyde Park Premium Tickets chaos
Fans who paid hundreds of pounds for the "Front of the Stage" exclusive Premium
Tier One tickets are being told these tickets are now categorized by AEG as
"Excellent view of the stage", while the cheapest 95 pounds Tier Three General
Admission tickets will give access to the very front of the stage, according to
separate information from the Rolling Stones on Twitter. See The Telegraph article
Rolling Stones fans in row over premium tickets and all the details in the IORR
thread Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart".

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home