Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #3
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:14

I think this "against the Stones wishes" stuff just isn't consistent with the band that I know. For years now, they've been selling the front rows of all their shows to VIP package purchasers. Even at General admission standing shows, if you paid $1000+ for a VIP package, you were allowed early entry to the gig ahead of the "salt of the earth" that lined up outside the stadium from the night before. At the Beacon shows, regular fans were in the balcony while the front row was reserved for paid actors.

The much more logical reason is that the promoters were concerned about not being able to sell out the shows, and decided to allow tier 3 access to the front of the stage to help sales.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:14

Also, I can imagine it's going to be quite a mess when the gates open, as from the north entrance down to the south of the parc there is between 700m and 1km, I run quite regularly in Hyde Park. The run from the gates to the stage is going to be quite interesting to watch and the untrained will be out of breath after 200m, still far away from the stage.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:17

Green Lady
beepee2
paulywaul
and see if .............

THEY PROVIDE ACCESS to the GA TIER 3 AREA AT THE FRONT OF THE STAGE FROM THE TIER 1 & 2 SECTIONS

And if they do, what will you do, push all the T1 that have been there all day and make your way to the front ?

There's going to be a lot of pushing to the front going on - Tier 3 will be the law of the jungle, and the biggest boots and the sharpest elbows will win, with no quarter given for age or height or sex. Entering the scrum from the Tier 1 or Tier 2 area will give you a shorter distance to push, that's all, plus a certain amount of resentment from those who have already got there the hard way. I don't think I'd fancy it myself, and if I were the organisers I'd think about the trouble it might cause. Having people in a clearly marked FOS area they have paid for is one thing. Having them suddenly invade your area at the last minute is quite another.

I COMPLETELY AGREE, and that is why AEG had better start thinking about what they're going to do, because when those TIER 1 ticket holders turn up late, take stock of the shit position their ticket has actually bought them, and then whether with or without permission from security or ushers try and muscle in on the front of stage area (because that's what they're entitled to based on the info AEG provided on the BST website when they bought their tickets) .......... IT IS NOT GOING TO BE PRETTY.

So if I were AEG, I'd start looking for a way to fix the problem NOW, not when it erupts in everyone's faces on the afternoon or evening of 6th July !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:19

Green Lady
beepee2
paulywaul
and see if .............

THEY PROVIDE ACCESS to the GA TIER 3 AREA AT THE FRONT OF THE STAGE FROM THE TIER 1 & 2 SECTIONS

And if they do, what will you do, push all the T1 that have been there all day and make your way to the front ?

There's going to be a lot of pushing to the front going on - Tier 3 will be the law of the jungle, and the biggest boots and the sharpest elbows will win, with no quarter given for age or height or sex.

Really? Even with most of the audience being in their 50s and 60s?

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:19

gotdablouse
Again, offering a refund does not get them off the hook from being investigated for fraud, thanks again to Beast for uncovering that fact with her research.

I'm no expert but from what I learned at university in two law courses this is wrong. If you purchased an item because of wrong descriptions you can rescind the contract. Than everything is "rolled back". You don't get your item but your money back. As if you never bought it. We're speaking about civil law violations, not about criminal law. Nothing will be "investigated".

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:23

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:23 by His Majesty.

Posted by: kernowmod ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:25

I agree there is no more than 20-30 on this forum I can imagine there will be at least 10,000 people in Tier 1 & 2 some of who would have come a long way, it could be interesting, I'm with paulyway they could offer a back door entrance to the front of the stage, that may keep all parties happy

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:26

tatters
Green Lady
beepee2
paulywaul
and see if .............

There's going to be a lot of pushing to the front going on - Tier 3 will be the law of the jungle, and the biggest boots and the sharpest elbows will win, with no quarter given for age or height or sex.

Really? Even with most of the audience being in their 50s and 60s?

We've just had longer to sharpen our elbows....

Date: April 7, 2013 21:30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:24 by His Majesty.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:30

Karlos123
gotdablouse
Again, offering a refund does not get them off the hook from being investigated for fraud, thanks again to Beast for uncovering that fact with her research.

I'm no expert but from what I learned at university in two law courses this is wrong. If you purchased an item because of wrong descriptions you can rescind the contract. Than everything is "rolled back". You don't get your item but your money back. As if you never bought it. We're speaking about civil law violations, not about criminal law. Nothing will be "investigated".

But what if it's not an item but an event? You attend the event and discover that you are not getting what you were contracted to receive. Surely you will be entitled to a refund afterwards, at least a partial one. It's no different from people being put into an inferior hotel on holiday.

Posted by: Lilla Chinchilla ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:34

I want to be in Tier 2, where my ticket is valid,
and I want it to be like I was promised when I bought them:
"GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission"

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:35

nobodyimportant
Karlos123
gotdablouse

But what if it's not an item but an event? You attend the event and discover that you are not getting what you were contracted to receive. Surely you will be entitled to a refund afterwards, at least a partial one. It's no different from people being put into an inferior hotel on holiday.

You can get compensation for loss you suffered because you were in good belief to get the right item - so maybe flights and hotel. But in separate court cases probably.

EDIT: As many on here state "I want what I bought" is simply wrong and without legal basis. You have no right to get what you were promised. If someone sells you a Ferrari for 1€ you probably won't get it. And you have no right to claim it. But you can get your money back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 21:38 by Karlos123.

Date: April 7, 2013 21:35

Date: April 7, 2013 21:44

Date: April 7, 2013 21:47

Karlos123
nobodyimportant
Karlos123
gotdablouse

You can get compensation for loss you suffered because you were in good belief to get the right item - so maybe flights and hotel. But in separate court cases probably.

EDIT: As many on here state "I want what I bought" is simply wrong and without legal basis. You have no right to get what you were promised. If someone sells you a Ferrari for 1€ you probably won't get it. And you have no right to claim it. But you can get your money back.

Exactly! You can get your money back.
I find the prospect of going to the gig, then getting my money back much more attractive than our mate "Rob"'s proposition of NOT going to the gig and getting our money back so he can sell our tickets to some other sucker.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:54

His Majesty
kernowmod
I agree there is no more than 20-30 on this forum I can imagine there will be at least 10,000 people in Tier 1 & 2 some of who would have come a long way, it could be interesting, I'm with paulyway they could offer a back door entrance to the front of the stage, that may keep all parties happy

You assume everyone of those has bought the ticket mostly for the FOS access. Some probably have bought those for the hospitality stuff, come and go as you please aspect, or so they don't have to mingle with the peasants in GA.

Tier 1 + 2 Total = 5,000 Tickets
minus however many they refund or change to GA 3

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:54

His Majesty
kernowmod

You assume everyone of those has bought the ticket mostly for the FOS access. Some probably have bought those for the hospitality stuff, come and go as you please aspect, or so they don't have to mingle with the peasants in GA.

Based on the map layout I don't think they have sold as many as 10 000 tickets to Tiers 1 and 2??

I think the best solutions at this point would be bringing back those damn circles (Bonjovi layout) and give X number of GA tickets access to Tier 1 and X number of GA tickets access to Tier 2 as somebody here already suggested.
I think that would be fair for all of us and that way they could solve this Fiasco they have created.

Date: April 7, 2013 21:55

His Majesty
Lilla Chinchilla

What of the GA ticket people who bought them with the knowledge that they would, supposing they get there early enough, have access to the front of stage as per the actual official layout?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 22:54 by Lilla Chinchilla.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:56

maxx
Tier 1 + 2 Total = 5,000 Tickets
minus however many they refund or change to GA 3

Source?

T2 alone looks absolutely massive.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:56

nobodyimportant
Karlos123
nobodyimportant
Karlos123
gotdablouse

Exactly! You can get your money back.
I find the prospect of going to the gig, then getting my money back much more attractive than our mate "Rob"'s proposition of NOT going to the gig and getting our money back so he can sell our tickets to some other sucker.

Plus if you go to the gig, you may not get what you were promised, but you will still get something. If you take a simple refund now, you won't see the band from FOS or from anywhere else in Hyde Park. It's up to you whether you think that is a worthwhile deal.

Date: April 7, 2013 22:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:25 by His Majesty.

Date: April 7, 2013 22:07

His Majesty
So again, what of the GA people who bought their tickets with the knowledge that they would be able to ghet to the front so long as they we early enough?

As MRambler et al have suggested:
Reinstate the Bon Jovi-style layout and give free passes to the earliest T3 arrivals. Other T3 punters would also be able to reach FOS at the sides.

It's so simple.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:13

Hmmmm.
This is what Im thinking about right now:

If you were registred here four weeks ago and have ONLY posted about the Hyde Park arrangement/the new tour.
And you´re very into law and defend the HP arrangement for all that its worth.

Wouldn´t it be much better, if you´re working for the arrangement, to reveal such and we could have a constructive dialogue? smiling smiley

Date: April 7, 2013 22:16

His Majesty
Lilla Chinchilla
His Majesty
Lilla Chinchilla

What of the GA ticket people who bought them with the knowledge that they would, supposing they get there early enough, have access to the front of stage as per the actual official layout?

I wrote this on Facebook today,
it´s a little explanation why I´am not interested in be there early to get a chance to be in the FOS area:

Many seem to think that those who buy the most expensive tickets are not the most loyal fans.
Before, I could afford to buy FOS tickets, it was not so expensive then. Last year at the O2 arena, I could not afford tongue pit tickets. I can not stand long anymore. Would never have the energy to stand for several hours before a concert and wait, then I would be half dead when the concert started . (It is not only Stones that have become older, even some of us fans ...)

This time, I chose to purchase a rather expensive ticket to get a chance to see something on such a large place like Hyde Park. I want to be able to see pretty well without having to stand there for hours. With the money I paid, I think I'm worth a good place! I love the Stones and seeing them in HP will be very special.

That addresses what you want and is completely understandible and of course fair given the description of the tikcet you bought, but you were mis sold a ticket, what was stated was not what the ticket actually gives you.

So again, what of the GA people who bought their tickets with the knowledge that they would be able to ghet to the front so long as they we early enough?

As I know, this was what we first saw when we bought the tickets:
GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area

About get to the front if Tier 3-people were early enough, was something that was told later, wasn´t it?
Not when the tickets was sold? Maybe I remember wrong?
Better to let a few of the first in to the FOS-area together with Tier 1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 22:19 by Lilla Chinchilla.

Date: April 7, 2013 22:17

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:26 by His Majesty.

Date: April 7, 2013 22:19

Karlos123
As many on here state "I want what I bought" is simply wrong and without legal basis. You have no right to get what you were promised. If someone sells you a Ferrari for 1€ you probably won't get it. And you have no right to claim it. But you can get your money back.

I think what you are talking about there is "invitation to treat". This covers things like price tag errors. To take your example, if someone mistakenly offers a Ferrari for sale for 1€, they are under no obligation to sell it if they decide not to.

In this case though, we have accepted their offer and they have confirmed the sale, so the contract is binding.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:19

His Majesty
That suggestion brings up problems of people coming and going as they please etc and many GA ticket holders are still being denied what they are supposed to have.

Not really. Anyone who enters on of these tiers for the first time is going to be given some sort of colur-coded wristband to allow them exit and re-entry from that point onwards.

Date: April 7, 2013 22:24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:26 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:26

His Majesty
kernowmod

There is also that technical problem - even though I think paulywaul's suggestion is morally right - that in principle all of those 10 000 people should have the "right" to have the access to FOS via "back door entrance" - and if it turns out be that all of them happen to want to use that option, there will be a total over-booking in FOS. The only solution for that is the amount of T1/T2 people getting there should somehow limited, and how do you do that? How one does the selection, for, say, a couple of dozens/hundreds or so to get there? The other solution is that there would be a marked area for them, but you can't do that for 10 000 people, since that would bring us back to the "original" rejected plan. How one pick up the "privileged" ones from all T1/T2 people?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 22:28 by Doxa.

Date: April 7, 2013 22:26

His Majesty
nobodyimportant
His Majesty

As MRambler et al have suggested:
Reinstate the Bon Jovi-style layout and give free passes to the earliest T3 arrivals. Other T3 punters would also be able to reach FOS at the sides.

It's so simple.

That suggestion brings up problems of people coming and going as they please etc and many GA ticket holders are still being denied what they are supposed to have.

They are already doing the simplest thing which is to leave it as it is mean't to be and offer refunds and downgrades.

What problems? Everyone with a T1 or T2 pass will still be able to come and go. The earlybird T3 people will be given the same passes. The T3 people who arrive later will be no worse off.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home