Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #3
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:26

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:21 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:26

nobodyimportant
Karlos123
As many on here state "I want what I bought" is simply wrong and without legal basis. You have no right to get what you were promised. If someone sells you a Ferrari for 1€ you probably won't get it. And you have no right to claim it. But you can get your money back.

I think what you are talking about there is "invitation to treat". This covers things like price tag errors. To take your example, if someone mistakenly offers a Ferrari for sale for 1€, they are under no obligation to sell it if they decide not to.

In this case though, we have accepted their offer and they have confirmed the sale, so the contract is binding.

No it isn't. Let me adjust my example. You bought a Ferrari for the retail price but get a red Fiat Punto. If the seller now does not have a Ferrari and is not able to deliver what he promised, you have no right to claim the Ferrari. But you can get your money back and maybe compensation for loss suffered from that canceled purchase.

This is pretty the much the same situation you are in. You bought something which doesn't exist. You can get your refund and compensation, but you have no possibility to claim what you bought.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:29

We bought something that doesn't exist anymore.
It existed when we bought it.
They just changed it because if they told us before, those tickets wouldn't have the value of £199 and £299.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:32

What if the seller crashed the Ferrari on delivery...you still have no right to claim it.

Date: April 7, 2013 22:34

Posted by: peters318 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:38

Hi This is an error, a mistake, a ****-up. Its not a conspiracy, intentional or fraud. They made a mistake and they are trying to put it right. Stay cool.
Its the Stones. In their home town. In the iconic park that they have such a connection with. It's going to be just fine. Wherever any of us stand in the park, it will still be great. I'm by no means a massive Stones fan, but I've seen them in concert halls, stadiums and arenas. I've been in the second row of Newcastle City Hall, the circle of Glasgow Apollo, at the back at Knebworth, in various places in several stadiums, in the front row of the O2 a few years ago, and right up the back of the 02 last year. All of these experiences were great in their own ways. Take it for what it is, a great rock n roll show and enjoy it. We really won't get that many more chances at this. Let just stay positive, have fun and support the guys while they can still do it, and we can still get there. One of the reasons we like the Stones is because they do crazy things.

Date: April 7, 2013 22:38

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:40

His Majesty
Lilla Chinchilla
His Majesty
Lilla Chinchilla
His Majesty
Lilla Chinchilla
I want to be in Tier 2, where my ticket is valid,
and I want it to be like I was promised when I bought them:
"GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission"

What of the GA ticket people who bought them with the knowledge that they would, supposing they get there early enough, have access to the front of stage as per the actual official layout?

I wrote this on Facebook today,
it´s a little explanation why I´am not interested in be there early to get a chance to be in the FOS area:

Many seem to think that those who buy the most expensive tickets are not the most loyal fans.
Before, I could afford to buy FOS tickets, it was not so expensive then. Last year at the O2 arena, I could not afford tongue pit tickets. I can not stand long anymore. Would never have the energy to stand for several hours before a concert and wait, then I would be half dead when the concert started . (It is not only Stones that have become older, even some of us fans ...)

This time, I chose to purchase a rather expensive ticket to get a chance to see something on such a large place like Hyde Park. I want to be able to see pretty well without having to stand there for hours. With the money I paid, I think I'm worth a good place! I love the Stones and seeing them in HP will be very special.

That addresses what you want and is completely understandible and of course fair given the description of the tikcet you bought, but you were mis sold a ticket, what was stated was not what the ticket actually gives you.

So again, what of the GA people who bought their tickets with the knowledge that they would be able to ghet to the front so long as they we early enough?

As I know, this was what we first saw when we bought the tickets:
GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area

About get to the front if Tier 3-people were early enough, was something that was told later, wasn´t it?
Not when the tickets was sold? Maybe I remeber wrong?
Better to let a few of the first in to the FOS-area together with Tier 1.

The info about GA tickets was made public via the stones before it was sold out, despite the press claims etc, it wasn't sold out within minutes.

Even if it wasn't known at the point of sale it was shortly after and thus thousands and thousands of GA ticket holders are potentially aware of what the layout actually is and what it should have been at the point of sale.

The Facebook message about Tier3 people being able to get to FOS showed up around six o'clock on Thursday - AFTER the presales but BEFORE the main sale on Friday morning. So I think buyers of T3 tickets in the main sale can fairly claim that they bought in the knowledge of that promise and THEY want what THEY paid for. Personally I got my T3 not expecting to try to get to FOS or even thinking it would be possible, and I'm not complaining. But if I'd bought on Friday morning and then found that general FOS access had been reduced to a lucky few, so that T1 and T2 complainers could be placated, I'd be pretty annoyed.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:41

nobodyimportant
His Majesty
nobodyimportant
His Majesty
So again, what of the GA people who bought their tickets with the knowledge that they would be able to ghet to the front so long as they we early enough?

As MRambler et al have suggested:
Reinstate the Bon Jovi-style layout and give free passes to the earliest T3 arrivals. Other T3 punters would also be able to reach FOS at the sides.

It's so simple.

That suggestion brings up problems of people coming and going as they please etc and many GA ticket holders are still being denied what they are supposed to have.

They are already doing the simplest thing which is to leave it as it is mean't to be and offer refunds and downgrades.

What problems? Everyone with a T1 or T2 pass will still be able to come and go. The earlybird T3 people will be given the same passes. The T3 people who arrive later will be no worse off.

But if they do that what distinguishes T1 from T2, if all of them are now given FOS option (the T2 would actually gain, since they haven't ever promised that option)? Isn't the whole point of distinguishing T2 from T1 that their area is located worse?

This mess is really a dilemma to solve out, and I wouldn't be surprised that the only "solution" will be the one given by now: you can have your money back, since one does not get what the contract was supposed to give.

- Doxa

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:43

Many pages of this thread to read here, and very, very interesting. I feel badly for the people who have bought something that was advertised as "what it is" and that "it is not." So with this debacle going on, don't you all think that AEG (who are a huge company, with resources to hopefully amend a problem that they've created) will reconfigure the Hyde Park viewing arrangements to accomodate, and to each and everyone's satisfaction, the following:

1) the highest ticket purchasers;
2) the second highest ticket purchasers, and so on;
3) the general admision purchasers).

If I am getting this right though, the GA purchasers have a chance at the front (a big chunk of) of the stage for a long gallop at gate's opening, so therein lies another quandary (as in they have already seen the space allotted for GA - and could feel wronged also if that space is downsized)?

Surely that's not too hard a thing to do though (i.e. reconfiguration). And I would imagine that the band, who are no doubt currently hearing about this situation and the complaints, would or should be placing massive pressure on AEG to resolve the issues.

Calling on the head of AEG for a public meeting (if he is willing) with a select (IORRians and others) contingency of fans with a pre-meeting agenda submitted beforehand to discuss the various issues should be a solution also. Then AEG can hear the complaints direct, and respond direct, and hopefully appropriately on how they are going to correct their faulty planning.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:44

Doxa
nobodyimportant
His Majesty
nobodyimportant
His Majesty

Reinstate the Bon Jovi-style layout and give free passes to the earliest T3 arrivals. Other T3 punters would also be able to reach FOS at the sides.

It's so simple.

That suggestion brings up problems of people coming and going as they please etc and many GA ticket holders are still being denied what they are supposed to have.

They are already doing the simplest thing which is to leave it as it is mean't to be and offer refunds and downgrades.

What problems? Everyone with a T1 or T2 pass will still be able to come and go. The earlybird T3 people will be given the same passes. The T3 people who arrive later will be no worse off.

But if they do that what distinguishes T1 from T2, if all of them are now given FOS option (the T2 would actually gain, since they haven't ever promised that option)? Isn't the whole point of distinguishing T2 from T1 that their area is located worse?

This mess is really a dilemma to solve out, and I wouldn't be surprised that the only "solution" will be the one given by now: you can have your money back, since one does not get what the contract was supposed to give.

- Doxa

Where did anyone say that T2 would be FOS?
T1 would be FOS as originally stated, with T2 behind.
First T3 arrivals would get passes to T1, and the second wave get passes to T2.

Date: April 7, 2013 22:48

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:22 by His Majesty.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:48

His Majesty

Who are you to say "as it is mean't to be"! The current descriptions are very different from the descriptions that existed when 90+ percent of the tickets were purchased. Why is it any simpler to have the current arrangement versus an arrangement that complies with the original tier descriptions?

So what if you purchased a Tier 3 ticket once the new descriptions are out. Why does that make you more entitled to get what you were promised than all the people who purchased Tier 1/2 tickets based on the original descriptions.

As of now, those who purchased Tier 1/2 tickets based on the original descrptions and made travel plans are being wronged by AEG/RS. AEG/RS needs to address this - now they made promises to Tier 3 that are not compatable with the earlier promises. That is AEG/RS's problem - and they need to find a way to rectify this mess. Until they do, this situation is going to keep becoming worse! As a Tier 1 purchaser, at this point, after all the work and planning I did, just getting a refund is unacceptable - and so is accepting the current situation.

Posted by: marquee ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:56

I think there are more options than the first layout and the new layout.

Here is my suggestion:

Maybe we should help AEG thinking about solutions.

Marquee

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:58

thumbs up

Date: April 7, 2013 22:59

Everybody is morally, if not legally, entitled to get what they paid for. The trouble is that it's not completely possible and somebody, somewhere, is going to have to be asked to settle for less than they wanted.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:00

No, marquee's solution above ticks all the boxes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:22 by His Majesty.

Posted by: IGTBA ()

Karlos123

This is pretty the much the same situation you are in. You bought something which doesn't exist. You can get your refund and compensation, but you have no possibility to claim what you bought.

NO! By your reasoning, everybody that bought a ticket has bought something that doesn't exist. So they can change everything again any the day before the concert???

Clearly, the descriptions existed when we purchased our tickets. Clearly, descriptions such as "directly in front of the stage" allow some ambiguity, but just as clearly, currently Tiers 1/2 are NOT DIRECTLY in front - obviously not in compliance with what we purchased. So if for whatever reason, they can not provide us with what we bought, we should be entitled to a refund PLUS DAMAGES!

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:01

I would be content with the layout in Marquee's design.

Date: April 7, 2013 23:04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:23 by His Majesty.

Date: April 7, 2013 23:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:23 by His Majesty.

Posted by: kernowmod ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:06

I think Marquee's map is the best option & I'm amazed this wasn't the compromise from AEG after all with this plan the only argument is that a small number of Tier 3 is not behind the other tiers but that's a small price to pay, I worried about being pushed out to the far side & seeing nothing just looking at the screen, if that's the case I may as well be at the back of the park

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:06

Are the correct numbers of tickets sold for the Hyde Park show published somewhere? I see 55,000 and 65,000 total so I just wonder. And how many of these are T1, T2 and T3 GA?

Bjornulf

Date: April 7, 2013 23:07

If it turns out to be that the only solution is to get money back I highly recommend the suggestion made above: do the complaint or reclamation after the concert. If the ticket sellars do not something like a systematic offer before the concert (to compensate or clear out the confusion) to all the people who have bought the tickets under a wrong illusion, there should be enough substance for both T1 and T2 ticket buyers to make the claim. You didn't get what you bought for.

The best scenario that might is to see the Stones from a reasonable distance, and then even get your money back. Oh la la: actually you get to see The Stones for free in the park like in 1969...grinning smiley

Just trying to provide some positivism to the mess here.

- Doxa

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:08

I hope you guys are not going to spend the next three months of your lives worrying about the two hours of your lives that follow it, especially when all these ridiculous minutiae will be completely forgotten the moment they begin to play.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 23:14 by tatters.

Date: April 7, 2013 23:10

The Marquee solution looks good to me. The T1/T2 areas probably need to be on one side to give access to and from the famous VIP toilets, and there's still a fair chance at FOS for T3.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:11

I`ve been following this discussion and feel like saying something now. Not that I think it will help my case, but sometimes it feels good to complain to people who understand you.

I bought T2 tickets for my wife and me with the "unwind" package. The reason I did buy this was that these tickets were the ones that, at that time, would get me closest to the stage. I am not interested in the toilet and bar things. Only to be sure to get close to the stage. I am not rich in any way!! But I`m such a big fan that I am willing to use a lot of money to see and hear my big heroes.

In my opinion the only right thing to do to solve this problem would be to let the T1 and T2 tickets have more of the FOS. But it will also be only fair to give some T3 holders FOS. Make T1 and T2 longer and in to the center of the stage and give T3 the space simular as T1 and T2 is in the posted chart. That would make sense to me....

I would usually try to get the "Keef-side" of the stage. With my T2 tickets I do not have that option. Ok, I can`t always get what I want, but right now it seems I don`t get anything I want from my T2 tickets. (Yes, I get to see and hear the Stones (and I am realy excited about it), but to that price I was expecting a little bit more).

I see now that my suggestion to solution are just the same as Marquee suggest. I think that will be fair to everyone. And I will feel fine standing behind T1. That is what I payed for......

Date: April 7, 2013 23:15

nobodyimportant
Doxa
nobodyimportant
His Majesty
nobodyimportant
His Majesty

It's so simple.

- Doxa

Where did anyone say that T2 would be FOS?
First T3 arrivals would get passes to T1, and the second wave get passes to T2.

Yeah, does make sense (if that can be accomplish in practise).

Just thinking how would the T2 people think when T3 are marching through their area to get FOS, when they are not allowed to do that, and their contract says that they should be located better than T3?

- Doxa

Date: April 7, 2013 23:22

@ marquee
it originally said: tier 2 is closer to the stage than tier 3 - so this wouldn´t fit

@nobodyimportant
<<Where did anyone say that T2 would be FOS?
First T3 arrivals would get passes to T1, and the second wave get passes to T2.>>

That would be the perfect solution I think!

I have the impression going to this special RS concert seems like a survival training (only a little bit more expensive!)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home