Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #3
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:16

Green Lady
The RS/AEG/BST have backed themselves into a corner. They have between them (accidentally, I think) made several different promises which cannot all be kept.

1) That some holders of Tier 3 tickets will be able to get to FOS if they put in the necessary effort.

2) That holders of Tier 1 tickets will be directly in front of the stage. This could possibly be squared with (1) by having part of FOS reserved for Tier 1 and the rest for Tier 3.

HOWEVER

3) they have also promised that Tier 2 ticket holders will be NEARER THE STAGE THAN GENERAL ADMISSION. By which any reasonable person would assume "nearer than ALL General Admission" - and this cannot possibly be reconciled with (1).

So they have to decide which group of fans they are going to disappoint. I think they could sort this to most people's satisfaction by reducing the groups to Tier 1 (small circle FOS) and Tier 3 (rest of FOS if you can fight your way there), and offering Tier 2 people the choice to upgrade or downgrade or take a refund, but they would still not have kept all three promises.

It is clear that Tier 1 / Tier 2 people will not be restricted to their area (as nobodyimportant says, they are free to come and go to see other bands around the site - they just have a guaranteed near-ish spot with decent toilets etc. to come back to). So they are free to downgrade themselves informally if that looks like the better option on the day - but it isn't what they were promised or what they paid for.

It's good to see this picked up by the Telegraph, but I think they have missed the heart of the issue. Their article makes Tier 1/2 ticket holders sound (falsely) like snobs who object to Tier 3 people being given the chance to rub shoulders with someone who has paid three times as much. The problem isn't what Tier 3 can get if they take enough trouble. The problem is that the other tiers were falsely promised something that (as things stand at present) they will not get, and no amount of VIP toilets and backstage bars can make up for that.

Good luck to all the protesters, and apologies for my unnecessary and offensive comment earlier. I'm nearly as good at this foot-in-mouth business as Keith.

Green Lady describes the nub of the issue as it now stands. And I agree that the Telegraph article has missed the point and muddies the waters even further, as it doesn't accurately convey what has actually gone on to make this such a fiasco.

When we heard that Tier 3 people could get to the front, it was assumed to mean - on the basis of the diamond/gold circle diagram floating around - that they could indeed be at the front, in addition to tier 1 and tier 2 people, but AT THE FAR SIDES of the stage. In other words, tier 1 would be in the area central to the stage, a part of tier 2 would be at either side of the tier 1 area and a part of tier 3 would be at either side of tier 2.

This configuration would allow them to fulfil everything they said about all three tiers - except they would have to create a different kind of access to the backstage bar area from tiers 1 and 2, which may not be feasible for safety and other reasons.

If the current set-up is retained, offering a refund provides no satisfaction at all to misled buyers, who are going to remain disappointed whatever. AEG Live would do better in this scenario if it provided full refunds while at the same time making the GOODWILL PUBLIC RELATIONS gesture of giving those misled buyers the option of KEEPING THEIR TICKETS. It can take that financial hit, after all, and it would be a very small price for AEG Live and the Rolling Stones to pay for limiting the damage caused to their reputations by making such a monumental cock-up of it all. It should be them who have to pay for this - not people who bought tickets sold under false descriptions.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:27

Sixsixseveneight
My confirmation e-mail just says "Tier 2 Standing Ticket".

In that case I would e-mail the organisation and ask them

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:33

Sixsixseveneight
Rolling Hansie
straycatuk
At 8pm the occupants of T1 and T2 climb over the barrier on mass.

How can you come up with something like that ? What sort of panic you think that might cause ? People might get seriously hurt during that action.

Besides that, it is totally unnecessary.The T1 and T2 tickets are also GA tickets that give access to the rest of the park. No need to jump over fences, you can simply walk into the General Admission area.

How do you know that T1 and T2 give access to GA?

The aptly-named Rob Hallett himself confirms this in his mass-produced email:

"But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones."

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:35

So you want to pay T1 or T2 prices and go queue back up in GA for a chance to get the FOS you paid for?! That makes zero sense whatsoever!

Straycat, you seem to be under the impression you can get free drinks in the Unwind bar for your extra £100 ? Nothing indicates that I'm afraid...

@beast - that would be the decent thing to do indeed, fat chance tough, except if they go into panic mode about being investigated for fraud...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 17:37 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:40

gotdablouse
So you want to pay T1 or T2 prices and go queue back up in GA for a chance to get the FOS you paid for?! That makes zero sense whatsoever!

Straycat, you seem to be under the impression you can get free drinks in the Unwind bar for your extra £100 ? Nothing indicates that I'm afraid...

@beast - that would be the decent thing to do indeed, fat chance tough, except if they go into panic mode about being investigated for fraud...

I have no idea what I'm gonna do.

Right now, I'm just trying to undersand what my money gets me. I can't do a refund now as I've already booked hotels/flights.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:42

Sixsixseveneight
Rolling Hansie
Sixsixseveneight
Rolling Hansie
Sixsixseveneight
How do you know that T1 and T2 give access to GA?

Because they are GA tickets

Yes, but I am asking where it states this...

All Tier 1, 2 and 3 tickets are GA.
Tier 1 and 2 have the extra's

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

The Rolling Stones - 6 July - General Admission
Tier 1 tickets
Tier 2 tickets
Tier 3 tickets

It is also stated in the confirmation e-mail you got when you ordered the tickets.
It will say
GA Tier 1 Pass, GA Tier 2 Pass or GA Tier 3 Pass

I hope you're right on that.

My confirmation e-mail just says "Tier 2 Standing Ticket".

My confirmation says: "GA Tier 2 Access"

Posted by: belo99 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:44

Lilla Chinchilla
I got my tickets to Tier 2 in the Barclaycard pre sale.

I don´t want my money back,
I want "Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission",
that I was promised when I bought the tickets!

Im with you, in the same situation.

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:47

Sixsixseveneight
gotdablouse

I have no idea what I'm gonna do.

Right now, I'm just trying to undersand what my money gets me. I can't do a refund now as I've already booked hotels/flights.
the only thing you could do is downgrade/upgrade

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:52

belo99
Lilla Chinchilla
I got my tickets to Tier 2 in the Barclaycard pre sale.

I don´t want my money back,
I want "Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission",
that I was promised when I bought the tickets!

Im with you, in the same situation.

I am in the same. But it will end up with a refund that will take monthes to be acted.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:53

If there is a second show, this will clarify the whole thing.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 7, 2013 18:02

gotdablouse

ARE YOU F**KING JOKING ? WTF I thought it couldn't get any worst.

I have even less idea what I've paid for .

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 18:14 by straycatuk.

Date: April 7, 2013 18:32

Ticketmaster UK have removed seating plan, but still describe TIER2 as "an area closer to the stage than general admission" !

the world has gone mad ..... North Korea please end it all now . I can't take any more !confused smiley

sc uk

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 7, 2013 18:44

I know people feel cheated and you have a right to be pissed off .

I just can`t help but find it funny …

When they sell FOS seats in the past for £££ every ones bitching, its not fair people with money always get priority , wish it was like the good old days those who come early get to the front.
Now they actually give the majority what they want and still people bitching.

Before anyone asks, I am not wealthy, I purchased a Tier 2 ticket and I’m just going to go with it for the moment ,
I knew with this ticket I cannot get front of stage.
65,000 not everyone can be on the front row, just be happy not to be at the back .

Yes I am a bit disappointed I cannot get in to a more central position as I had been lead to believe may be possible when I purchased.

On the day when I see the actual layout with my own eyes and experience the quality of sound from that position I will decide if the extra ££ were worth it.

But still I cannot help seeing the funny side.

They now have a promoter who thinks people are more interested in food, drink and massage "yes there is a massage tent" than the Music.....PMSL

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 18:47

Rolling Hansie
straycatuk
At 8pm the occupants of T1 and T2 climb over the barrier on mass.

How can you come up with something like that ? What sort of panic you think that might cause ? People might get seriously hurt during that action.

Besides that, it is totally unnecessary. The T1 and T2 tickets are also GA tickets that give access to the rest of the park. No need to jump over fences, you can simply walk into the General Admission area.

Yeah, but which bit? At the FOS which will, by that time, be totally rammed?

Usually what happens is that people stake their spot by lying down on it, nobody's going to be standing for six hours while the support bands are playing. About an hour before, people might start wandering down towards the stage from the back, at which point the people who have been there from the get-go will also stand up to ensure they remain close.

It'll be a real gas, gas, gas if tier 2 empties out completely before the band arrive because everyone has decamped to GA!

Lee

Date: April 7, 2013 19:06

For sure they are professional enough not to cause any security problems.

Therefore I guess there will be a FOS section with wristbands for Tier 3 people who can run and will be early. In addition Tier 1 & 2 might get wristbands to that FOS section, so you could walk in and out (because once in a while you might like to use the flushing toilets )....

Could this be realistic??

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 19:10

Something to think about .....

Since the event hasn't taken place yet, perhaps we should wait until afterwards to complain to Trading Standards. If AEG have not delivered what we were promised, then we will have a case for refunds. But we will have also been to the gig!

Sounds like a better outcome than Robber's offer of refund and no gig. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 19:13 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 7, 2013 19:19

Green Lady
The RS/AEG/BST have backed themselves into a corner. They have between them (accidentally, I think) made several different promises which cannot all be kept.

1) That some holders of Tier 3 tickets will be able to get to FOS if they put in the necessary effort.

2) That holders of Tier 1 tickets will be directly in front of the stage. This could possibly be squared with (1) by having part of FOS reserved for Tier 1 and the rest for Tier 3.

HOWEVER

3) they have also promised that Tier 2 ticket holders will be NEARER THE STAGE THAN GENERAL ADMISSION. By which any reasonable person would assume "nearer than ALL General Admission" - and this cannot possibly be reconciled with (1).

So they have to decide which group of fans they are going to disappoint. I think they could sort this to most people's satisfaction by reducing the groups to Tier 1 (small circle FOS) and Tier 3 (rest of FOS if you can fight your way there), and offering Tier 2 people the choice to upgrade or downgrade or take a refund, but they would still not have kept all three promises.

It is clear that Tier 1 / Tier 2 people will not be restricted to their area (as nobodyimportant says, they are free to come and go to see other bands around the site - they just have a guaranteed near-ish spot with decent toilets etc. to come back to). So they are free to downgrade themselves informally if that looks like the better option on the day - but it isn't what they were promised or what they paid for.

It's good to see this picked up by the Telegraph, but I think they have missed the heart of the issue. Their article makes Tier 1/2 ticket holders sound (falsely) like snobs who object to Tier 3 people being given the chance to rub shoulders with someone who has paid three times as much. The problem isn't what Tier 3 can get if they take enough trouble. The problem is that the other tiers were falsely promised something that (as things stand at present) they will not get, and no amount of VIP toilets and backstage bars can make up for that.

Good luck to all the protesters, and apologies for my unnecessary and offensive comment earlier. I'm nearly as good at this foot-in-mouth business as Keith.

Thanks Green Lady, appreciated. cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 7, 2013 19:23

I wonder if they are not showing a barrier running between the corner of hospitality and the corner of T2 ? Maybe ? It looks like a lot of crowd pressure could be on a small area if not.... who f**king knows any more.

sc uk

Date: April 7, 2013 20:01

bump

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 7, 2013 20:09

straycatuk

We are being looked after like we have never known, apparently.eye rolling smiley

"We'll take more care of you!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 20:30 by tatters.

Date: April 7, 2013 20:16

straycatuk
gotdablouse

ARE YOU F**KING JOKING ? WTF I thought it couldn't get any worst.

I have even less idea what I've paid for .

sc uk

Well read again what you get with the "Unwind Backstage Bar" (thread here : [www.iorr.org]) and it is indicated nowhere that drinks and food are free or even that you get one item for free. Originally it (sort of) made some sense for the "Unwind Backstage Bar" to exist as it seemed to be the only place to get quick access to toilets/food/drinks as opposed to have to go who knows where for that. Sure it seemed steep for an extra £100 over T1/T2...now that we know that there is "The Garden" that comes standard with all T1/T2 tickets it makes even less sense obviously!

It might well be that there was no "The Garden" planned until Friday afternoon, just a large ""Unwind Backstage Bar" but with AEG's frantic attempt to convert T1 and T2 from FOS/Behind FOS placements to VIP packages they had to come up with some perk for "stock" T1 and T2 tickets.

Again those of us who have the T1/T2 Unwind Backstage Bar packages have been ripped off twice! In light of that, as part of their "downgrade" offers they should also offer a refund of the £100/"Unwind Backstage Bar" to anyone who asks for it and wants to keep their T1/T2 ticket in the hope that they come to their senses at some point and offer the placement they sold.

Date: April 7, 2013 20:30

Been way from the old laptop for a few hours (thank heavens) - but glad to see that the indignation among folks has not waned, complacency does not appear to have set in, and in fact most importantly - the press have picked up on it already. Without any help (as yet) from a right disgruntled MOI !!! cool smiley

So anyway, now that I will find time in the next few days, I shall further stoke the fire with a suitably worded e-mail to our good friend Mr Rob Hallett, copied or forwarded to innumerable other parties that will provide requisite embarrassment to AEG, and ultimately - let us see what if any action or statement this provokes AEG into taking & making.

The stupid part of all this really is, if you think about it in a calm and reasoned manner (a bit rich ME saying that I grant you, I am hardly known for being of calm and reasonable disposition winking smiley) - is that pretty much all it would take on the day (6th July) to actually pacify all parties is for THERE TO BE ACCESS to the GA TIER 3 AREA AT THE FRONT OF THE STAGE FROM THE TIER 1 & 2 SECTIONS.

I think I would be reasonably correct in saying that this little detail would probably pacify most punters. They've paid their £299 or £399, they get their separate entry/exit to the Tier 1/2 areas, they get their stupid bars and toilets and all that nonsense, but what's THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL, THEY ALSO GET ACCESS TO A FRONT OF STAGE AREA - even if it is shared with people who paid £95. So who gives a s**t ? You might have paid 3 or 4 times more for your ticket, but if you can access the front of stage area and additionally have use of bar/shithouse facilities if or when you need them, then fine !!

You might ultimately derive some consolation from two things, that you WERE in the end able to see the Stones from front of stage, but you also able to go to your own VIP toilet and take a £200 or £300 crap !! cool smiley

How's THAT for a bargain ?? confused smiley

So lets see if AEG also put their thinking cap on when they're looking for a solution to the mess they've created for themselves, and see if .............

THEY PROVIDE ACCESS to the GA TIER 3 AREA AT THE FRONT OF THE STAGE FROM THE TIER 1 & 2 SECTIONS

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 20:36

paulywaul
and see if .............

THEY PROVIDE ACCESS to the GA TIER 3 AREA AT THE FRONT OF THE STAGE FROM THE TIER 1 & 2 SECTIONS

And if they do, what will you do, push all the T1 that have been there all day and make your way to the front ?

Date: April 7, 2013 20:39

Well why not (T1/T2 separation doesn't make any sense anymore though) but that assumes they would set up some barriers at some point between FOS and the back...10 rows, 20 row, 30 rows? A bit like a Stade de France PELOR but on the fly? Seems difficult to set up? When you see the "trenches" they had at the O2 (in front of the tongue pit and between the pit and the stage) I doubt they'll be improvising anything on the spot.

Having said that I suppose they are going to have to set up some type of crowd control measures in there with 65000 people wanting to get as close as possible...

Posted by: kernowmod ()
Date: April 7, 2013 20:45

Paulywaul

I think that would be the best solution for all concerned if you want access then you slip in the back door so to speak at the front of the stage, I suppose the risk their is everyone does it & there is a crush. Is anyone going to suggest this to the idiots at AEG

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:03

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:27 by His Majesty.

Date: April 7, 2013 21:04

kernowmod
Paulywaul

I think that would be the best solution for all concerned if you want access then you slip in the back door so to speak at the front of the stage, I suppose the risk their is everyone does it & there is a crush. Is anyone going to suggest this to the idiots at AEG

Yes ........... ME !!

I mean really, is it just me that thinks giving Tier 1 and tier 2 people access to the FOS area (which they would share with the Tier 3 people) is a quick and easy fix to the MAIN problem here ? Or does anyone else think along the same lines ?

The only thing effectively then that would differentiate Tiers 1/2 from Tier 3 folk (apart from ticket price) is the PHYSICAL ROUTE THEY TAKE FROM THE ENTRANCEWAY (TO THE WHOLE SITE) - TO THE ALL CRITICAL FRONT OF STAGE AREA.

Just my thoughts for this Sunday evening, but it seems a reasonable fix to a major problem that the fools at AEG have created for themselves. It's based on the notion that most Tier 1/2 people are hacked off because they're being denied the LOCATION they thought they were buying, their interest in the bar/loo facilities are a somewhat lesser priority I'd have thought.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:05

His Majesty
paulywaul
So who gives a s**t ?

The thousands of people who might get displaced or crushed even more by the late arrival of even more people!?

A special sealed of area would be needed which brings you back to square one and which also goes against the stones own wishes.

The Stones want to see T3 at the front (should have done that at the O2 by the way, that would have saved me £300), thats different from "they dont want any T1/T2 in the 30m in front of the stage".

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:11

beepee2
paulywaul
and see if .............

And if they do, what will you do, push all the T1 that have been there all day and make your way to the front ?

There's going to be a lot of pushing to the front going on - Tier 3 will be the law of the jungle, and the biggest boots and the sharpest elbows will win, with no quarter given for age or height or sex. Entering the scrum from the Tier 1 or Tier 2 area will give you a shorter distance to push, that's all, plus a certain amount of resentment from those who have already got there the hard way. I don't think I'd fancy it myself, and if I were the organisers I'd think about the trouble it might cause. Having people in a clearly marked FOS area they have paid for is one thing. Having them suddenly invade your area at the last minute is quite another.

Date: April 7, 2013 21:12

beepee2
His Majesty
paulywaul
So who gives a s**t ?

The thousands of people who might get displaced or crushed even more by the late arrival of even more people!?

A special sealed of area would be needed which brings you back to square one and which also goes against the stones own wishes.

The Stones want to see T3 at the front (should have done that at the O2 by the way, that would have saved me £300), thats different from "they dont want any T1/T2 in the 30m in front of the stage".

The Stones can have exactly what they want, why ever not ? It's their show. I've no quibble with what the Stones want. They want, they get.

The problem is, and this is where we turn full circle, is that their promoter sold a FRONT OF STAGE POSITION to TIER 1 ticket holders, and the space behind that to TIER 2 ticket holders, and the space behind that to TIER 3 ticket holders.

So how do we fix that ?

MORAL OF STORY, DON'T SELL WHAT YOU CANNOT OR WILL NOT PROVIDE

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home