Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 77
Re: So happy that not a single show has sold out due to the Rolling Stones greed!
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:44

If I were King of the world, ALL tickets would have been $85...aren't the Stones rich enough yet?

But as the king of my own world, $85/ticket is all they'll ever get from me.

Re: So happy that not a single show has sold out due to the Rolling Stones greed!
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:50

Hairball
If I were King of the world, ALL tickets would have been $85...aren't the Stones rich enough yet?

I can afford the $625 ticket, but that's not my issue. I feel like I am being taken advantage of by these guys who I have been very loyal to through the years. I'm sorry, but to pay $625 to sit at the opposite end of a hockey arena to essentially watch a big screen tv is absurd to me. If you look at the poor ticket sales it seems many people feel the same way I do.

It's not a coincedence that the reasonably priced tickets are sold out at every venue while the $625 seats are easy to come by for every show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 05:53 by James Kirk.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:58

Its ok I will be enjoying the shows sell out or not.
You can watch the DVD or watch on youtube......maybe you'll see me.
Take the snivelling somewhere else please.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 20, 2013 06:00

They are playing two concerts in London where the ticket price was 95 pounds. I was able to get tickets. They offered $85 tickets for every show in the United States, and came up with a mechanism to try to foil brokers who attempt to make a profit. I'll be going to the first show in LA with one of those tickets. The rest of the arena is priced by promoters based on what they believe the market will bear - which, fortunately or unfortunately, is the economic model on which most of the world operates.

As for Paul McCartney, apparently he has a number of ticket packages - the "Front Row Package" comes with a front row seat for $2000.

Re: So happy that not a single show has sold out due to the Rolling Stones Igreed!
Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 20, 2013 06:01

JamesKirk - I don't disagree with the point that the tickets are too much money. I pulled 8 floor seats on Ticketmaster that would have cost $5006.00 to purchase which is absurd. No I did not buy them. I have purchased a $447.00 seat and that too is too much but I was very impressed by the way they played in 2012. They should take a page from Macca and lower the prices. I do think more $85 seats will become available as we get closer to showtime. The Stones will make the tickets move because they don't want to be embarrassed. I was not implying that YOU were stupid I just don't like general statements like that. I know plenty of Wall Street people and they are good hard working people for the most part.

I think that Mick is greedy but I also think that some of this is designed to combat the secondary market that he has stated he does not like. Hopefully some of these $85 seats went to fans that could otherwise not afford to go. There should be more of these.

Date: April 20, 2013 06:04

James Kirk-No complaints here. $85 pairs for Vegas and Philly 2nd show I'm happy as could be. If you were making $50 an hour would you take a pay cut and work for $10 an hour just to make other people happy? I really doubt it and neither would the Stones. For at least the last couple decades the Stones have done somthing special for the fans every tour. I've paid huge amounts of money for Stones tickets (Newark and the Joint in Las Vegas immidately come to mind) and I've also gotten lucky and paid $28.50 through Ticket bastard for a Beacon 2 ticket on the ABB tour. Make no mistake the shows will sell out whether you like it or not...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 06:06 by its good to be anywhere.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 20, 2013 06:05

I must say, though, that I will be very happy if ticket brokers lose a lot of money on these shows if they don't sell out.

Date: April 20, 2013 06:21

James Kirk
Hairball

I can afford the $625 ticket, but that's not my issue. I feel like I am being taken advantage of by these guys who I have been very loyal to through the years. I'm sorry, but to pay $625 to sit at the opposite end of a hockey arena to essentially watch a big screen tv is absurd to me. If you look at the poor ticket sales it seems many people feel the same way I do.

It's not a coincedence that the reasonably priced tickets are sold out at every venue while the $625 seats are easy to come by for every show.

I agree with everything you say, and yes I can also afford the prices.
I thought the prices were 'out of control' last tour, yet I did pay top price a couple of times (apprx. $375-$400)?
Was also lucky to get some of the special $90 tix via rs;com and landed in the 10th row.

Thankfully I was hesitant (and even a bit uninterested) for this upcoming tour, as it allowed me to avoid paying anything over $85.

In the end, I get to attend 4 shows with a friend (or my wife) for a total cost of $748 for 8 tickets vs. a single mediocre floor ticket at MGM for a similar price.

Date: April 20, 2013 06:36

its good to be anywhere
James Kirk-No complaints here. $85 pairs for Vegas and Philly 2nd show I'm happy as could be. If you were making $50 an hour would you take a pay cut and work for $10 an hour just to make other people happy? I really doubt it and neither would the Stones. For at least the last couple decades the Stones have done somthing special for the fans every tour. I've paid huge amounts of money for Stones tickets (Newark and the Joint in Las Vegas immidately come to mind) and I've also gotten lucky and paid $28.50 through Ticket bastard for a Beacon 2 ticket on the ABB tour. Make no mistake the shows will sell out whether you like it or not...

I'm not unrealistic. I understand that an act of the Rolling Stones iconic staus is going to charge a premium for their tickets as they should, but I'm sorry the Stones take their greed to another level...Paul McCartney may be the only living person that shares the same iconic status as the Rolling Stones and he doesn't feel the need to gouge his fans.

I don't understand your analogy of asking the Stones to take an 80% cut in pay. I also don't understand why you don't feel taken advantage of by being asked to pay $625 for a seat at the opposite end of the arena. If this was a front
row seat I wouldn't be arguing the point. For the same seat the Stones are asking $625 for Bruce Springsteen gets $65.

As far as getting $85 seats I'm happy for you, but you are in the vast minority. Just take a look at the Stones Facebook page and read some of the comments of fans who had zero chance of getting those tickets. I can tell you that I was online at 10:00 am for the first show and 10:03 for the second show in an effort to get some reasonably priced tickets for the Boston concerts. The fact of the matter is I barely stood a chance. The way the secondary market works most of these tickets were gone before the general public had a fair chance at them. How is it that Ace Ticket/City Ticket etc had these tickets for sale before they were available to the general public? The game is rigged.

I agree that the shows will "sell out" but they won't be true sellouts. The Stones will paper the shows and a large number of the absurdly priced tickets will be sold to various corporate entities.

Date: April 20, 2013 06:41

MR. BURNS
[chuckles] And to think, Smithers: you laughed when I bought TicketMaster. "Nobody's going to pay a 100% service charge."

WAYLON SMITHERS
Well, it's a policy that ensures a healthy mix of the rich and the ignorant, sir.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 06:42 by James Kirk.

Date: April 20, 2013 06:57

James Kirk
Let me start off by saying that I am thrilled that the Rolling Stones have not sold out a single show in North America and they have nothing, but their never ending greed to blame for their poor ticket sales. What says rock + roll better than a $625 seat for a two hour show?

Don't get me wrong, I am a life long Stones fan who would be willing to pay a premium to see the Stones live in concert if I had a great seat.

That said, these greedy bastards are asking $3,502 for four tickets (one of those tickets is for a family member who is laying his life on the line as I type trying to take down a terrorist in Mass not a douchebag investment banker from JP Morgan who knows about three Stones songs) at the opposite end of the Boston Garden. Who in their right mind is going to pay that kind of money to sit a hockey arena away from the band and watch a screen?

Not only are sales at Ticketmaster going poorly, the secondary market is collapsing as well. Several ticket brokers in the New England area started off asking around $400 for the $85 dollar seats (worst seats in the building) they have had to cut their asking price in half this week as nobody is stupid enough to pay those prices for nosebleed seats...At the start of the week Ace Ticket in Boston was beyond arrogant in their asking price for Stones tix. They laughed at me when I told them I would never pay $400 for $85 seats. Today they called me back and told me they would sell me the same seat for $205. I told them I would buy it for $86 amd not a penny more.

If this is the last tour for the Stones they should be going out in a blaze of glory while at the same time thanking the fans who made them the legends that they are. Instead they attempted to take advantage of their fanbase with $625 seats at the opposite end of the arena.

How embarrasing it will be for the Stones if they play to half full arenas or simply have to give their tickets away to give the impression they can sell concert tickets at these prices because they prefer to play to the Deutsche Bank crowd...What happended to the counter culture "street fighting men"? I'm so disappointed that in the end the once mighty Rolling Stones turned out to be little more than the corporate culture they once rebelled against...The Rolling Stones are little more than corporate frauds these days.

Let me wrap up by suggesting that rather than waste $1,250 on two tickets at the opposite end of the arena you donate that money to a charity in memory of the hero police officers who lost their lives fighting for us this week or to the victims of the terrorist attacks in Boston...Unlike those ridiculous Stones tickets it would be money well spent.

P.S. I have no doubt in my mind the Stones would sell out every stadium in America if they had an ounce of respect for their fans (See McCartney/Springsteen) and charged reasonable prices.

Save your money and buy the DVD at the close of the 50 and Counting tour. Get some Bose headphones, kick back in you're recliner and enjoy whatever shows make it onto the DVD. Problem solved.

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: April 20, 2013 07:46

if they sell 95% of the floor tickets for $600 they still make more than if they would sell them for $300 and sell out.
basically if they sell about 95% of the tickets at the highest possible price they did set the price right.

keep on following the on sale and go to the arena the night of the show, it will work out for you at the price you are willing to pay.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 20, 2013 08:33

Said before I want to see tickets all working & retired folks can afford! Self included.

Date: April 20, 2013 08:44

owlbynite
Said before I want to see tickets all working & retired folks can afford! Self included.

Right after ABB ended in 2007 I began putting $25.00 a month into a special Stones savings account. I knew they wouldn't be doing anything until their 50th anniversary so I had plenty of time to save up enough money to afford whatever they charged in 2012 or 2013. Where there is a will, there is a way. And, I am a poor man.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: April 20, 2013 08:50

JumpinJackOLantern
owlbynite

Right after ABB ended in 2007 I began putting $25.00 a month into a special Stones savings account. I knew they wouldn't be doing anything until their 50th anniversary so I had plenty of time to save up enough money to afford whatever they charged in 2012 or 2013. Where there is a will, there is a way. And, I am a poor man.

Good for you. My kids sap my savings. Which show(s) did you get tiks to?

Date: April 20, 2013 09:03

JumpinJackOLantern
owlbynite

I'm happy that you will get to see the band, but don't you think there is something wrong when fans have to have a separate savings account for going to a concert?

Date: April 20, 2013 09:06

owlbynite
JumpinJackOLantern
owlbynite

Good for you. My kids sap my savings. Which show(s) did you get tiks to?

So far they have snubbed my city. I am hopeful they will come my way in the fall. BV says there is going to be a part two in 2013.

Date: April 20, 2013 09:11

James Kirk
JumpinJackOLantern
owlbynite

I'm happy that you will get to see the band, but don't you think there is something wrong when fans have to have a separate savings account for going to a concert?

I am OK with the ticket prices, in fact, I am kind of proud (as a fan) that they can still demand top dollar. My God, it's a miracle that these guys would be this relevant after nearly 51 years! They are on the verge of doing the unthinkable! They are going to overhaul the Beatles!

Date: April 20, 2013 09:13

Hopefully they will learn from the weak sales of part one and make their tickets reasonable for their hard working fans like yourself who made them who they are today.

I really not like the distain the modern day Rolling Stones have towards the working man and Mick please spare me that crap about there being a ticket for all budgets...We all know that there are a very limited number of $85 dollar tickets and most of those are being sold for three and four times their value on he secondary market before the general public even has a chance to purchase them. This is a racket that should investigated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 21:36 by James Kirk.

Date: April 20, 2013 09:30

James Kirk
Hopefully they will learn from the weak sales of part one and make their tickets reasonable for their hard working fans like yourself who made them who they are today.

I really not like the sustain the modern day Rolling Stones have towards the working man and Mick please spare me that crap about there being a ticket for all budgets...We all know that there are a very limited number of $85 dollar tickets and most of those are being sold for three and four times their value on he secondary market before the general public even has a chance to purchase them. This is a racket that should investigated.

Mick has said himself that the secondary ticket market should be illegal. They have (in a way) become the victim of their own success. The scalpers have thrown a curve ball at the artists. Keith said that they did what they could as far as negotiating lower ticket prices. I believe him, but the fan will always think they could have done better. And maybe they could have, but they are human like the rest of us. It's hard to say no to a raise even if you know you have more than enough.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:06

People have ALWAYS complained about the prices of Stones tours. There were bitter complaints about the prices of the '69 tour. I can understand being pissed off at the prices, but not acting as if this is some new betrayal.

Date: April 20, 2013 10:08

Aquamarine
People have ALWAYS complained about the prices of Stones tours. There were bitter complaints about the prices of the '69 tour. I can understand being pissed off at the prices, but not acting as if this is some new betrayal.

Exactly! it's not betrayal, it's business!

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:21

I can not believe I'm reading people actually defend $600 ticket prices. There is absolutely no justification for charging so much. If they were $300, which is still ridiculous, I could understand, but twice that?!

Springsteen's recent Australia tour (I saw 4 shows) charged $212 for the best tickets. It was the most I'd ever paid, but totally worth it. Not to mention, Springsteen plays a 3hr+ show, has a massive band to pay, plus the extra cost of shipping all the equipment all the way to Australia.

The Stones play a 2hr show, playing in a massive market of North America (cheaper costs to put the show on), and with a smaller band. I bet when they get to Australia, the best tickets will be $800. I'd wager there'll be no $85 tickets either.

Re: So happy
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:21

James Kirk
Let me start off by saying that I am thrilled

I always love it when somebody is happy about something

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:24

The reason McCartney's tickets are lower is because he's the only famous person in the band. When you have 5 famous people in the Stones, they want to get a decent payday for each member. It's not fair to blame Mick for that. I think each member has a lifestyle they uphold. I also want to see Mick Taylor benefit from this. The cost of their show is also expensive to put on. They always put on a great event. In order for that to happen, the band and crew have to be compensated. Plus with the record industry not being such a money maker any more, touring and charging this much is the only way to make up for the losses in revenue from music sales. I can't afford to go to any shows of theirs. But if I had the money I certainly would pay to keep them in business. I want them to keep going as long as possible. I think its going to be a great tour.

Date: April 20, 2013 10:30

OneHit
I can not believe I'm reading people actually defend $600 ticket prices. There is absolutely no justification for charging so much. If they were $300, which is still ridiculous, I could understand, but twice that?!

Springsteen's recent Australia tour (I saw 4 shows) charged $212 for the best tickets. It was the most I'd ever paid, but totally worth it. Not to mention, Springsteen plays a 3hr+ show, has a massive band to pay, plus the extra cost of shipping all the equipment all the way to Australia.

The Stones play a 2hr show, playing in a massive market of North America (cheaper costs to put the show on), and with a smaller band. I bet when they get to Australia, the best tickets will be $800. I'd wager there'll be no $85 tickets either.

It's pretty simple: The Stones are the greatest rock 'n roll band of all time. They are icons and have been with us for nearly 51 years. If you are the greatest, expect to be paid like the greatest.

Re: So happy that not a single show has sold out due to the Rolling Stones Igreed!
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:33

slew
My I ask why the JP Morgan investmant banker is automatically a douchbag? That is about as ignorant a statement as I've read here in a while. Trust me the seats will sell.

Real fans buy the seats up front near the stage first. Just the opposite is happening for this tour--the cheap seats in back went first instead.

The front rows will be taken by groups of office dwellers in khaki pants on a corporate field trip--a real beggar's banquet indeed.

Date: April 20, 2013 10:35

sanQ
The reason McCartney's tickets are lower is because he's the only famous person in the band. When you have 5 famous people in the Stones, they want to get a decent payday for each member. It's not fair to blame Mick for that. I think each member has a lifestyle they uphold. I also want to see Mick Taylor benefit from this. The cost of their show is also expensive to put on. They always put on a great event. In order for that to happen, the band and crew have to be compensated. Plus with the record industry not being such a money maker any more, touring and charging this much is the only way to make up for the losses in revenue from music sales. I can't afford to go to any shows of theirs. But if I had the money I certainly would pay to keep them in business. I want them to keep going as long as possible. I think its going to be a great tour.

I agree, it's going to be a great tour!

Date: April 20, 2013 10:57

James Kirk
We all know that there are a very limited number of $85 dollar tickets and most of those are being sold for three and four times their value on he secondary market before the general public even has a chance to purchase them.

Pardon my ignorance, but out of curiosity how can the $85 dollar tickets be sold on the secondary market?

According to rollingstones.com:

We will be using strict anti-scalper measures to ensure that these $85 tickets go to Stones fans and don’t end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices.
We appreciate your attention to the following, so that you have the best experience possible:

- You must pick up your tickets in person, along with your guest. Once you have the tickets in hand, you will be escorted into the arena. There will not be an opportunity to leave with your tickets before going into the show.

- Picture ID, your confirmation number, and the credit card used to make the purchase are required for pick-up. Without these things, you will not be able to pick up your tickets.

- If we suspect any reselling or transfer of these tickets they will be immediately voided and you will not be entitled to any refund.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 20, 2013 11:13

JumpinJackOLantern
owlbynite

Right after ABB ended in 2007 I began putting $25.00 a month into a special Stones savings account.

You did no such thing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home