Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354Next
Current Page: 49 of 54
Re: London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show updates
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 27, 2012 13:34

beepee2
UK has become a weird country... who would have thought that London would be the place where you can't smoke in the venue, can't climb on your seat, and concert must be over by 10PM... ah yeah "elf n safety".

A couple of points

1, what venues can you smoke in ?, there's nothing RNR about breathing in someones second hand smoke IMHO. one of the better laws passed in recent years

2, i may well be wrong, but i think the curfew is actually there for the benefit of the punters. as you may know, the o2 is only serviced by ONE underground line. and once that closes you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with a nightmare journey home

when did starting gigs a bit early become such a problem for people ?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 27, 2012 13:51

SFTD
some jerks moved out at this right moment !

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 13:54 by toomuchforme.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 27, 2012 13:57

andy js
beepee2
UK has become a weird country... who would have thought that London would be the place where you can't smoke in the venue, can't climb on your seat, and concert must be over by 10PM... ah yeah "elf n safety".

A couple of points

1, what venues can you smoke in ?, there's nothing RNR about breathing in someones second hand smoke IMHO. one of the better laws passed in recent years

Keith was smoking (of couse) (when he was not storing a plectron between his teeths)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 15:36 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 27, 2012 13:59

rockflo

Coucou ton Zézé et tout le monde

J'y étais...!!! Je confirme pour le prix des places, on pouvait s'en procurer a des prix plus raisonnables que ce qui a été annoncé pour faire monter la polémique comme d'hab !!!
Lorsque nous sommes entrés dans l'Arena on s'est pris une claque en voyant la beauté de la scène....
Ok il a fallu un peu faire chauffer le diesel pendant quelques morceaux et faire des réglage de balance. Mais ensuite la magie opére toujours. Jeff Beck a contribué a lancé la machine, et que dire de ce magique Midnight Rambler avec Mick Taylor. C'était vraiment un grand guitariste...!!! Certains diront de poids maintenant... mais il n'a rien perdu de son talent... Il y a eu de très bons moments, Ok Keith Richards n'est pas dans une forme olympique mais franchement je m'attendais à pire. J'ai bien apprécié son Happy, meme si je suis d'accord parfois il y a des accords étranges qui trainent pour les oreilles averties...

Le rappel grandiose de You can't always get what you want avec cette chorale féminine, et une très bonne version de Jumpin' Jack Flash ou je me suis éclatée avant de finir sardinée dans le métro des décibels plein la tete...!!!
Je n'avais jamais vu les STONES en live, pour moi c'était trop tard depuis 30 ans !!! Et puis la, j'ai réfléchi... c'était vraiment la dernière ligne droite... les 50 ans, 62 une année qui me concerne aussi...!!! Tout était réuni, les guests, l'anniversaire et moi aussi qui prend de l'age.... Je n'ai pas regretté, je leur pardonne les quelques ratages.

Ils ont fait le show et pas à l'économie...certains ironiseront la dessus !!! Moi je suis Happy, d'avoir entendu Keith me la chanter... Je n'ai qu'une vie et je la remercie de m'avoir donnée l'amour du Rock... Les Stones font partie de cette légende, ok ils sont agés mais rien n'est a renié !!!
It's only Rock'n'roll but I LOVE it !!!!
Je vous embrasse.

[www.blogger.com]

Date: November 27, 2012 14:16

Maybe London Underground would have charged rather less than £200,000 to run a couple of extra tube trains....

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 27, 2012 14:23

buffalo7478

I know we are in a love-fest on this thread, but I can only think of The Emperor's New Clothes. Had they rehearsed a all with Taylor?

+1 I dont think so. Disjointed is the keyword here. Rambler is like some instructional video, no soul, no drive - nothing but bits and pieces. Taylor is part good but part really nervous(?) and theres no connection between him and Keith or Mick or anybody else for that matter. If anything the cracks are in the open now. Sorry but this is just my opinion.

Date: November 27, 2012 14:28

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 27, 2012 14:34

Reagan
Justin

I never knew this song could be this good!

Ronnie totally nails it. (And Keith's not bad either.)

But this one was great! Very good, maybe the only good song?

Date: November 27, 2012 14:38

Redhotcarpet
Reagan
Justin

I never knew this song could be this good!

Ronnie totally nails it. (And Keith's not bad either.)

But this one was great! Very good, maybe the only good song?

Are you nuts, RHC? ALL songs were good!

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: November 27, 2012 14:57

Stoneswolf
andy js
beepee2

A couple of points

Keith was smoking (of cause) (when he was not storing a plectron between with teeths)

This is surely the Nadir of posts. First gig in years and we're down to puffn. I was embarrassed to be a Glaswegian 6 years ago when Keith lit up on stage and the council threatened to fine him. Have we moved on? Seems not. A marvewllous show. If the smoke got in yer eyes, you weren't payn atention brother. smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 27, 2012 15:02

Rockwoman
Let's be honest what you rather hear , out of control or can't you hear me knocking. Surely at the prices they were charging, they had some sort of duty to play the songs that the audience would most want to hear.......and Out of Control is not one of them

Disagree entirely. The day that any band becomes nothing but a jukebox because a fan feels that the ticket price allows them to dictate the setlist is the day I'll stop going to see that band. The Stones have teetered very close to that in recent years. Fortunately, Sunday night was largely a lot less predictable. If anything the inclusion of OOC brought me back to the last tour before they went all corporate on us and when one of the highpoints of their live show was a song which happened to be from their latest record.

I've long maintained that any act who has been around this long has by now earned the right to play pretty much whatever they want. If we cant allow them that level of artistic freedom, then the next step is to just insist on the live performances being carbon copies of the records.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 15:05

"There's a whole generation of people who have confused political correctness with health-and-safety legislation. But they'll die soon." Stewart Lee

In this case I'm not sure who's confusing health and safety legislation, environmental nuisance laws and rock n roll up anymore????

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: November 27, 2012 15:10

Gazza
Rockwoman
Let's be honest what you rather hear , out of control or can't you hear me knocking. Surely at the prices they were charging, they had some sort of duty to play the songs that the audience would most want to hear.......and Out of Control is not one of them

Disagree entirely. The day that any band becomes nothing but a jukebox because a fan feels that the ticket price allows them to dictate the setlist is the day I'll stop going to see that band. The Stones have teetered very close to that in recent years. Fortunately, Sunday night was largely a lot less predictable. If anything the inclusion of OOC brought me back to the last tour before they went all corporate on us and when one of the highpoints of their live show was a song which happened to be from their latest record.

I've long maintained that any act who has been around this long has by now earned the right to play pretty much whatever they want. If we cant allow them that level of artistic freedom, then the next step is to just insist on the live performances being carbon copies of the records.

Good call Gazza.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 27, 2012 15:26

Why not change the title of the thread to "Nov 29 updates"? The November 25 show is history now.

Date: November 27, 2012 15:37

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:02

Any complete recording of "It's all over now"? I think we have the whole show on Youtube!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:04

Oh what a feedback from everybody in this forum, O2ers and the rest alike.Thank you all!
I wasn't there, so I can only judge from these clips made available by all of you. Is it just my impression that Charlie's drumming is a bit different? I mean I hear more rolls, I hear him hitting them a bit harder and above all I definitely hear more cymbals playing. A lot more than the usual. For example 'Gimme shelter' and the early sixties songs in the beginning. I like it because it really keeps you alert in some way, like the early days when hitting the cymbals was the only way to be heard.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:44

Charlie's drumming was certainly loud - and kept things moving!

The setlist was great - they can play what they like - owe nobody nothing there...
...a complete TSMR album run through would be good for me though cool smiley

All the guests were fine - but inevitably compromises will be made on the songs to 'fit them in' - Bill was probably the best fit.
It was great to see MT on stage but to say it was the best Stones performance of MR (or on anything since 1973 on one post) is nonsense ; the O2 2nd gig performance in 2007 was much better in my opinion as an overall piece of work but great to see the 3 guitars together.
The 2 guitar attack from Keith and Ronnie was excellent throughout and - as others have mentioned - they were so comfortable with each other, they were able to accommodate Jeff Beck and MT.

Somebody asked years ago '...why are the Stones so good?'
"Practice, practice, practice" was the answer - proved triumphantly yet again on Sunday!!!

I am sure it will be just as good - if not better - for all those going on Thursday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 18:36 by Zagalo.

Posted by: euro'73 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:07

A few pictures from last Sunday are available on:
[www.shantimedia.nl]
Much more to come.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:20

Gazza
Rockwoman

I was glad to see Out Of Control included. I'm not so much a fan of the first half of the tune, but the jam at the end is tremendous live. Nice to see two tunes (OOC & MR) in the set that leave room for improvisation.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:37

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-31 13:13 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:48

"they still play some songs slower which is not a good thing"

not necessarily

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 27, 2012 18:09

MartinB
"they still play some songs slower which is not a good thing"

not necessarily

I agree. 2012 is slightly slower than the released version but closer than 2007, which is quite fast.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 27, 2012 18:11

Intro, riff, cohesion, All Down The Line is a disasterconfused smiley

Date: November 27, 2012 18:14

I prefer a slower and well done song rather a mess
nice JJF shot, close to stage

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 18:54

andy js

A couple of points

I'm not saying it's good or bad, I'm saying that the country where rock'n'roll clubs started is now the country where you can't take your glass outstide, or smoke, or play after 11PM.

andy js
2, i may well be wrong, but i think the curfew is actually there for the benefit of the punters. as you may know, the o2 is only serviced by ONE underground line. and once that closes you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with a nightmare journey home

Maybe.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 27, 2012 18:56

TheBlockbuster
This was much better than the O2 2007 gig but they still play some songs slower which is not a good thing:

You are right. JJF is slightly slower than it was in 2007 and slower than the original single (or any recording I have). I prefer this 2012 version over some of the sped up versions.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 19:02

The Trabendo version was slower; this one was ok and sounded like the modern version they used to play for the past decade. Maybe it was even slower on the B2B tour.

Posted by: C R K ()
Date: November 27, 2012 19:52

Promoman
One More Hot

Doon & Gloom

Happy

That's all folks. Thanks for watching

Thanks. Nice seeing Keith doing backup on One More Shot but it still ain't much of a song imo.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 27, 2012 21:07

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354Next
Current Page: 49 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home