Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 54
Re: London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show updates
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:51

Promoman
This one's called Gimme Shelter and it goes like this:

Damn, is it only me or is the weave coming undone from Keith and Ronnie's playing here? Mick does good but the guitars are friggin' sloppy and the changes are too loose for even the Stones. And Mary JB seems to be singing a different melody all together. Yikes. I know the recording is not the best but I think I would have to have about 4 beers to make this one sound any better. peace

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:53

Yeah "Going Down" really rumbled, although Jeff Beck could have toned it down a little I guess, and this is coming from a great fan.

Great review Gazza, I wish I could have stayed longer at the Pilot Inn, but at least we got to shake hands ;-) A nit on your comments about Bobby not appearing until the band introduction, I'm pretty sure he first showed up during "All Down The Line".

Has anyone tried the first 30 minute clip I posted (link added to my sig)? If it's of interest I can add the rest later, I must have about 2 hours of audio.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:58

I liked the Jaggers remarks and jokes
- about the celebrations
- Are you alright in the cheap seats... well, not that cheap really
- You're in for a treat tonight. We're going to do the entire Satanic Majesties album

He was in great shape, at ease and comfortable. Hard to believe he is his age when you see him dancnig and sprinting like a 17 year old.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:00

Get off of My Cloud
now...

and 46 years ago....

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:03

gotdablouse
Yeah "Going Down" really rumbled, although Jeff Beck could have toned it down a little I guess, and this is coming from a great fan.

Great review Gazza, I wish I could have stayed longer at the Pilot Inn, but at least we got to shake hands ;-) A nit on your comments about Bobby not appearing until the band introduction, I'm pretty sure he first showed up during "All Down The Line".

Has anyone tried the first 30 minute clip I posted (link added to my sig)? If it's of interest I can add the rest later, I must have about 2 hours of audio.

2 hours of audio? Do you have the whole show?
The first part you have on soundcloud sounds great. Would love to hear what's missing...

Date: November 27, 2012 03:15

Glad you like it, I'll work on the rest tomorrow. I have pretty much everything yes, actually I should clarify that I posted 30 minutes because that's the length of the first clip. I was hoping to use Spreaker to stream some live audio for the forums yesterday but the bandwidth just wasn't there (GPRS only with Tmobile, no 3G) and the free version lets you record 30 minutes at a time.

There must be some better iPhone apps to record audio/concerts, will have to look into it.

Is there anyone who went last night and who wasn't planning to go on Thursday who's having second thoughts now ? I know I am...especially since there were tickets available at the box office until the very end and some very good ones too, A3/F, A2/C, etc...no pits though and I'm not sure I'd want to see the show from another spot now so I'd be disappointed if I didn't make there again, oh well, got a couple of days to decide!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:16

Just a quick thank you to all those on here who have uploaded their video and audio from the gigsmileys with beer

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:16

Man,it was great watching MT play! Obvious from the video that he was truly having fun and was taking in the moment. Good for him!!! It seems to me that he really made the most of his appearance. That had to be epic for all the fans that were there! thanks for the video!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:20

gotdablouse

Yes, now on reflection I think youre right. But hey, I have that excuse that I threw that review together in my lunch break in work after 2 hours sleep followed by a flight home!

Was great to see you - sorry we didnt get more time!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:40

Gazza I see you found a stub tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:46

In just one day, this thread has almost as many views as Rockman's famous Some Kinda Stones Connections.

I wouldn't have imagined any thread would get more views than that thread... let alone in just one day.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:49

I can't believe I made the intro video...and when I heard the opening riff...
I guess this means I get about another 14 minutes and 58 seconds of fame ahead of me.smileys with beer

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:50

good observation, schillid. Ya think people still love 'em?

Posted by: TE ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:01

Well, everything has been said already, thanks Gazza and all.
Just one thing. Really made me laugh.
When Mick forced Ronnie to do a "tour" around the WHOLE pit.
I remember a show during ABB when he went 10-12 meters out on the left wing.
LOL, he probably got it in the head... Hey, I'm the new guy!

TE
Oslo

Date: November 27, 2012 04:01

Gazza
gotdablouse

Yes, now on reflection I think youre right. But hey, I have that excuse that I threw that review together in my lunch break in work after 2 hours sleep followed by a flight home!

Was great to see you - sorry we didnt get more time!

Yeah, that's really too bad, I rushed out shortly after we met (and heard your CD with "Yellow Cab" blasting) as a guy showed up and said that Seatwave were selling pit tickets for £200 and since I was trying to help a friend find one it was a quick decision to go there...unfortunately he had misunderstood and it was £400 when I got there, oh well...

Anyway, no excuses needed, great review and I'm really glad you got to catch that show on your terms and enjoyed it so much.

--------------

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:04

I was there yesterday... fantastic, amazing concert, the boys are back. Mick Taylor was just fantastic....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can see some of my pictures on Stones Planet Brazil

[www.stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com.br]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:08

For those of you going back Thursday....

Tell that bar staff in the Pilot to crank that music up louder - and remind them that I left them three cds to play, not the same feckin' one in rotation at minimal volume.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:12

Thanks everyone for the videos and comments.

I have to say that, based on what I've seen so far, the highlight for me is "I Wanna Be Your Man" only because of the energy and excitement of the opening song, and that considering it is a 50 year old song, it's a novel idea to open with it. Same thing I experienced when I saw the video of them premiering "Rough Justice" when they did the press/interviews for the last tour, just like hearing them live and open w/ Satisfaction, SMU, etc.

Thanks again for the comments and videos.

Posted by: Rockwoman ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:24

Let's be honest what you rather hear , out of control or can't you hear me knocking. Surely at the prices they were charging, they had some sort of duty to play the songs that the audience would most want to hear.......and Out of Control is not one of them

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:10

finaly able to watch these clips in full. Two things that really put a smile on my face are Keith nailing his solo on I'm goin' Down and Taylor on Midnight Rambler.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:31

Wow Gazza, that was a great review! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, gave me goosebumps and I haven't even seen the Stones play yet, two more weeks! >grinning smiley<

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: stonemexico ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:02

Thanks a lot to all the updaters.
Sincerely
stonemexico
Tijuana,BC,Mexico

Date: November 27, 2012 06:17

toomuchforme

OMG, somebody pinch me, did I just die and go to heaven???

MT, PLEASE come to Newark, we need to hear this over here too!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:28

I am afraid to write this as I know I will get slammed, but....while I am excited they are back playing again...after watching a number of the videos posted on this thread, I am left thinking one thing: The Emperor's New Clothes.

I know they are shot with cell phones, but they 'guitar section' sounds like crap. I Wanna Be Your Man was an amazing choice for an opener, but the guitars were lousy. Off key? Love Mick Taylor, but what was happening in Gimme Shelter? Terrible solo.Glad to see him move, though. Nerves? Mary J Blige was amazing on Gimme Shelter, but Ronnie and Keith just seemed disjointed.

I know we are in a love-fest on this thread, but I can only think of The Emperor's New Clothes. Had they rehearsed a all with Taylor?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:39

If you can't notice how much more focused they're playing here compared to the last tour...I'm not surprised you're unable to notice anything differently from these videos last night. I don't mean that as a put down or anything but I mean that seriously.

"I Wanna Be Your Man" gels together the second Ronnie takes that solo. I think it's sandwiched beautifully and the song takes off--sorry you don't agree. "Midnight Rambler" suffers from several issues--we've already discussed that in the Mick Taylor thread. Some other great moments you should look into are "All Down The Line" "One More Shot" "Happy" and "Jumpin Jack Flash" some strong guitar work in all those tunes.

Things were looking mighty shabby at the end of 2007...I don't think ANY of us could have expected things to actually slightly IMPROVE in 2012. No one. The weeks of rehearsals have paid off and Keith is nowhere near the "has-been" many of us (including me) painted him out to be. He was written off as an after-thought. But he was there...played for 2 hours and did it.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 27, 2012 07:35

Naturalust
Promoman
This one's called Gimme Shelter and it goes like this:

Damn, is it only me or is the weave coming undone from Keith and Ronnie's playing here? Mick does good but the guitars are friggin' sloppy and the changes are too loose for even the Stones. And Mary JB seems to be singing a different melody all together. Yikes. I know the recording is not the best but I think I would have to have about 4 beers to make this one sound any better. peace

Lisa Lisa, where art thou? smiling smiley

Date: November 27, 2012 07:41

Hey Bluzdude, I can't believe we both actually made it onto the video, how cool is that? hot smiley I can't remember the other guy's name who was there with us, he's even on twice. So excited right now!!!

Bv, thank you again so much for giving us the opportunity to be a part of this, I'm in shock!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 27, 2012 07:49

Thru and Thru
toomuchforme

OMG, somebody pinch me, did I just die and go to heaven???

MT, PLEASE come to Newark, we need to hear this over here too!

Ditto ditto

Please come to both shows in Newark - L'Espana puede esperar un pocito mas...smiling smiley

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: November 27, 2012 08:25

RAMBLER

[youtube]

[/youtube]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 27, 2012 08:46

Thank you so much Sici!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home