Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354Next
Current Page: 50 of 54
Re: London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show updates
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 27, 2012 21:40

Stoneswolf
andy js
beepee2
UK has become a weird country... who would have thought that London would be the place where you can't smoke in the venue, can't climb on your seat, and concert must be over by 10PM... ah yeah "elf n safety".

A couple of points

1, what venues can you smoke in ?, there's nothing RNR about breathing in someones second hand smoke IMHO. one of the better laws passed in recent years

Keith was smoking (of couse) (when he was not storing a plectron between his teeths)

We could see round the back of the stage from 113 and there was certainly a puff or two of smoke there before Keith came out to do Before They Make Me Run.

I think the 10.30 finish was because of transport hassles due to engineering works on the Tube. I left straight away after the finish - took me over half an hour to get on the Tube and then I missed my connection in Central London and had to get home by night bus and taxi. I don't think I was the only one, and there were lots of people behind me in the queue to get into North Greenwich Station. But no way was I going to leave that show early!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 27, 2012 22:08

Green Lady
Stoneswolf
andy js
beepee2
UK has become a weird country... who would have thought that London would be the place where you can't smoke in the venue, can't climb on your seat, and concert must be over by 10PM... ah yeah "elf n safety".

A couple of points

1, what venues can you smoke in ?, there's nothing RNR about breathing in someones second hand smoke IMHO. one of the better laws passed in recent years

Keith was smoking (of couse) (when he was not storing a plectron between his teeths)

We could see round the back of the stage from 113 and there was certainly a puff or two of smoke there before Keith came out to do Before They Make Me Run.

I think the 10.30 finish was because of transport hassles due to engineering works on the Tube. I left straight away after the finish - took me over half an hour to get on the Tube and then I missed my connection in Central London and had to get home by night bus and taxi. I don't think I was the only one, and there were lots of people behind me in the queue to get into North Greenwich Station. But no way was I going to leave that show early!

Good for Keith, they may be able to censor the punters nasty habits but artists should do as they want. Drugs are good...in the right hands

Posted by: spidey39 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 22:38

any audio from show to download

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: November 27, 2012 22:50

check buy sell trade.

Posted by: AllAboutYours ()
Date: November 27, 2012 22:53

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 22:54 by AllAboutYours.

Posted by: diannelebolt ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:00

Disappointing.
Where was Blondee Chapman?
where was the horn section, bobby keyes?
the set was bland.
they may as well have been palying in a highschool auditorium.
What a horrible dull opening compared to what I am used to.
Maybe they should quit while they are ahead.
and I am an avid Stones fan.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:16

euro'73
A few pictures from last Sunday are available on:
[www.shantimedia.nl]
Much more to come.

Some great shots...except the one from Mick in his ...what is it a monkey suite???

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:18

Yeah, it's his gorilla costume, grrrrr, errrr, I mean, a fur cape designed by L'Wren.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 27, 2012 23:19

diannelebolt
Disappointing.
the set was bland.

The great thing about this show was leave out too much horns and backup singers.......let's go back to there roots 6 players and maybe 1 or 3 back up's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-28 01:35 by NICOS.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:25

diannelebolt
Disappointing.
the set was bland.

Doesn't sound like it

Posted by: apeneda ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:29

Stones forever

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:46

diannelebolt
Disappointing.
the set was bland.
I'm not disappointed as I thought it would be like this but in several ways it's actually worse than I expected. I think the stage is atrocious. There are few if any video screens so I'm thinking the people towards the back couldn't see shit. The stage lighting looked quite unimpressive as well. I think Keith and Ronnie are playing about as well as they can, which isn't that great anymore & Ronnie just keeps playing the same run through the particular song of that moment. The arrangements are very Vegasy and un rock-n-roll like, they should play 'em like they did in '69-'73. Worst of all is Mick's "singing", it's ridiculous! His voice has gotten shrill over the years and he seems intent on re-working his vocals to any particular song to the point where it's almost unrecognizable from the original version. Why can't he just sing them the way thay were recorded? I can give or take the horn section etc. if it goes with the song. I also think I Wanna Be Your Man was the worst opener I've ever heard them do, totally inappropriate and unimpressive. They need to open with one of their top five songs and do an early sixties set somewhere in the middle almost, after Keiths warbling and then go into the killer stuff to close out. The 2 new songs are a waste of 2 slots. Shitcan those and put 2 killer songs in there instead as less than 1% of attendees want to hear Doonm And Gloom. So, the setlist and running order needs to be re-worked,they need Wyman and Taylor in there much more and they need to get their money back for that God-awful stage and Toilet Seat pit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 23:48 by Duane in Houston.

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:47

diannelebolt

So why do you care about Chaplin more than Wyman or Taylor ?eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:10

Duane in Houston
diannelebolt
Disappointing.
the set was bland.
I'm not disappointed as I thought it would be like this but in several ways it's actually worse than I expected. I think the stage is atrocious. There are few if any video screens so I'm thinking the people towards the back couldn't see shit. The stage lighting looked quite unimpressive as well. I think Keith and Ronnie are playing about as well as they can, which isn't that great anymore & Ronnie just keeps playing the same run through the particular song of that moment. The arrangements are very Vegasy and un rock-n-roll like, they should play 'em like they did in '69-'73. Worst of all is Mick's "singing", it's ridiculous! His voice has gotten shrill over the years and he seems intent on re-working his vocals to any particular song to the point where it's almost unrecognizable from the original version. Why can't he just sing them the way thay were recorded? I can give or take the horn section etc. if it goes with the song. I also think I Wanna Be Your Man was the worst opener I've ever heard them do, totally inappropriate and unimpressive. They need to open with one of their top five songs and do an early sixties set somewhere in the middle almost, after Keiths warbling and then go into the killer stuff to close out. The 2 new songs are a waste of 2 slots. Shitcan those and put 2 killer songs in there instead as less than 1% of attendees want to hear Doonm And Gloom. So, the setlist and running order needs to be re-worked,they need Wyman and Taylor in there much more and they need to get their money back for that God-awful stage and Toilet Seat pit.

You both have to be kidding!! Oh I see...very amusing...had me fooled there cool smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:11

Help!

I am overworked... On Monday I did not get any reviews, reports or pictures. I think everyone who went to the show was totally blown away, knocked down and drained energy wise. Then today I got plenty. Thanks to everyone. I need to get working on the edits. It will take some time but I will get to it by tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience!

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:15

Stoneage
Why not change the title of the thread to "Nov 29 updates"? The November 25 show is history now.

This is about the Sunday show. I will make a new thread about the Thursday show soon. Untilo then, feel free to talk about the Sunday show here.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:23

It was a real great show. And I do say that Bill Wyman should have played the whole gig. The highlight was the full band line-up for the 1st time in 20 years.
Why Bill Wyman did not stay on stage during the whole show?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:41

bv
Help!

I am overworked... On Monday I did not get any reviews, reports or pictures. I think everyone who went to the show was totally blown away, knocked down and drained energy wise. Then today I got plenty. Thanks to everyone. I need to get working on the edits. It will take some time but I will get to it by tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience!
Thanks BV.smoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:41

Georges
It was a real great show. And I do say that Bill Wyman should have played the whole gig. The highlight was the full band line-up for the 1st time in 20 years.
...maybe because he's not in the band any more?

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:59

Georges

And just dump The Munch after almost 20 years good service?!
eye rolling smiley

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 28, 2012 01:33

Erik_Snow
rooster
Erik_Snow
NICOS
Don't know when.........he probably performed "Like a Rolling Stone" ..........

You mean the Dylan photo, Nico? That's from TV show in 1963, where he performed Blowin In The Wind, Ballad of Hollis Brown....and one other one
when ehe ships come down ...cheers Erik

Hi Rooster...how are you doing ?
The 3rd song Dylan performed was Man of Constant Sorrow, not When the ship Comes In....
Ship comes in was performed at a different 1963 TV broadcast, though - you must be thinking of that one
miss you man!!! see you tomorow...all right?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 28, 2012 01:34

Georges

yeah because its so simple to just play bass on 23 songs to 20,000 people with a few hours rehearsal when the rest of the band (including their long term bassist) have been rehearsing for six weeks.

Date: November 28, 2012 01:37

Gazza nice to see you in the Sun paper and that your seeing the Stones!

Enjoy to the MAX.

Date: November 28, 2012 01:42

beepee2
Ihave to say London nowadays feels paranoid...like a big wired camp!..i will never complain about holland again!! holland Amsterdam feels so free compare to London! when i went in 1999 for the last time it was still free..now you only see people talkin to their mobiles...but i met the real east enders wich was big fun! And the african piople was sweet

Date: November 28, 2012 01:57

O O Den Haag mooie stad achter de duinen............

Date: November 28, 2012 02:03

NICOS
O O Den Haag mooie stad achter de duinen............
ja joh naar als je dat zegt dan.....sheveningen kennen ze niet

Date: November 28, 2012 02:06

ik kies de arbeiders buurten...de rest is jail

Date: November 28, 2012 02:14

Spoorwijk rules.......cheers my friend

Date: November 28, 2012 02:19

cheers zie je morgen

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 28, 2012 03:49

duane your way off,people want to hear the new songs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354Next
Current Page: 50 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home