Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 54
Re: London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show updates
Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 00:29

Well it was Tyalor playing MR in Texas in 1972 but it was a pretty neat 10 minutes of video!!!!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 27, 2012 00:37

toomuchforme
I liked that moment. Charlie hit the stage. Mick gave him the microphone. But Charlie did not go further

That would have been fun.....Charlie introducing a "guest" Ladies and gentleman the Beautiful Mr. Bill Wyman............

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: November 27, 2012 00:38

NICOS
toomuchforme
I liked that moment. Charlie hit the stage. Mick gave him the microphone. But Charlie did not go further

That would have been fun.....Charlie introducing a "guest" Ladies and gentleman the Beautiful Mr. Bill Wyman............

smiling bouncing smiley He he. Nice one... smiling smiley

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: November 27, 2012 00:42

Im a bit late chiming in the praise, but what ever: It was an excellent show and one that reached far beyond my expectations.

The stage began as a full mouth, the teeth being removed before the first song. On song two the black "hole" of the mouth was used as a canvas for lights and video. Then old stills by song three. By GS, song 5, the upperlip was removed, so that the canvas behind the band was like a halfcircle, in feel not totally different from the Bridges tour.

The total experience was a dream come true -another- and IMHO worth any price.

Thanks to all the people I partyed with at the Pilot Inn before and during the show; Bv, Gazza, Sweet virginia, Jan Richards, Man of wealth, Dandilion Powderman, Sir Anthony Dunn, Steve, Schalke, Rocknroll, The Worst, Gibsonman, Stuart, the Scotish guy, Marc, SilverDagger, and the ever honorable Rockman!

HereĀ“s lowres clips of all the song openings (except Happy). Have HD of these but not full songs. The angle is not as nice as many of the other vids shot with zoom higher up in the stadium but gives you a clue about the show:
[www.filemail.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 20:02 by RobberBride.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 27, 2012 00:49

bv
All cities have a curfew. Nevertheless, at a given time they must sign off, otherwise someone will unplug the show!

London has a fetish with unplugging rock shows since the Beatles rooftop gig in 1969.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:05

paulywaul
rocker1
paulywaul

So the bottom line is: they're BACK, they're on BLISTERING FORM, and get yer arse in gear and go see 'em, cos' you'll bloody regret it if you don't !!

Blistering form??? Blistering form???

Oh, wow, now more than ever I eagerly await the recording that reinforces the accuracy of this assessment. I really do hope that your quick summary here isn't in any way distorted by a need to rationalize however much you dropped for a ticket to this event. Are you sure you are not caught up even a little in the passion of the moment?

Yeah why don't you do just that, sit in your comfy armchair and review this gig from afar, all with the benefit of course of the truly amazing audio/visual quality that a mobile phone clip posted on youtube affords you ? Mmm yes, I similarly "o so eagerly" await your very own take on it .... hurry up now, get on with it. Must be plenty of clips out there by now that await your in-depth scrutiny ! I'm sure that after we've all digested your forthcoming views on this performance, we'll each and every one of us re-evaluate, apologise profusely, and slink off into the night with our tails between our legs - muttering words of apology for having so grossly deceived those that weren't there !!

Don't make me laugh !

Hey Paulywaul,
My dish of crow is quite tasty, and if anyone is slinking off with tail between legs it's me now that I've heard more of the show.

Just was offering an initial contrarian view [based only on the first few smartphone clips] to the expected after-show orgasms to counterbalance possible over-enthusiastic first-impressions. But I am now realizing that they raised the bar. [And as you note above, I'm sure you were eagerly awaiting this response and assessment.]

But hey, peace, didn't mean to personally insult but I can see upon reflection that I could've worded this whole exchange more tactfully. Or better yet, just resisted the urge to post at all. I have enjoyed reading your posts about the show.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:21

This one's called Gimme Shelter and it goes like this:

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:24

rocker1
paulywaul
rocker1
paulywaul

So the bottom line is: they're BACK, they're on BLISTERING FORM, and get yer arse in gear and go see 'em, cos' you'll bloody regret it if you don't !!

Blistering form??? Blistering form???

Oh, wow, now more than ever I eagerly await the recording that reinforces the accuracy of this assessment. I really do hope that your quick summary here isn't in any way distorted by a need to rationalize however much you dropped for a ticket to this event. Are you sure you are not caught up even a little in the passion of the moment?

Yeah why don't you do just that, sit in your comfy armchair and review this gig from afar, all with the benefit of course of the truly amazing audio/visual quality that a mobile phone clip posted on youtube affords you ? Mmm yes, I similarly "o so eagerly" await your very own take on it .... hurry up now, get on with it. Must be plenty of clips out there by now that await your in-depth scrutiny ! I'm sure that after we've all digested your forthcoming views on this performance, we'll each and every one of us re-evaluate, apologise profusely, and slink off into the night with our tails between our legs - muttering words of apology for having so grossly deceived those that weren't there !!

Don't make me laugh !

Hey Paulywaul,
My dish of crow is quite tasty, and if anyone is slinking off with tail between legs it's me now that I've heard more of the show.

Just was offering an initial contrarian view [based only on the first few smartphone clips] to the expected after-show orgasms to counterbalance possible over-enthusiastic first-impressions. But I am now realizing that they raised the bar. [And as you note above, I'm sure you were eagerly awaiting this response and assessment.]

But hey, peace, didn't mean to personally insult but I can see upon reflection that I could've worded this whole exchange more tactfully. Or better yet, just resisted the urge to post at all. I have enjoyed reading your posts about the show.

Wow...rarely do you see a rational and respectful post such as this on this board. Nice, rocker1.

Date: November 27, 2012 01:24

Get off of My Cloud

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:27

My first ever Stones concert last night!! Looking forward to next years gigs!
Was in Block 411, Row T but the view and sound was very good, didn't feel like a nosebleed at all

Date: November 27, 2012 01:39

What I love about what I'm seeing in this show is that it's not like any other show we've ever seen. From the song choices, the way it was paced, the preparation and most of all: the playing goes against everything we've seen them do in previous tours. They didn't open with the predictable warhorse...they didn't pace the show to make the audience more comfortable...they had a specific plan and they executed it. It looks like they've rehearsed the hell out of these songs and most importantly someone seems to have sat down with Keith and told him to get to work on that guitar. I've not seen him so interested in just playing in a long time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 01:41 by Justin.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:40

Rollin92
My first ever Stones concert last night!! Looking forward to next years gigs!
Was in Block 411, Row T but the view and sound was very good, didn't feel like a nosebleed at all

very glad to hear it!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:01

Finally got home so I have a lot of catching up to do it seems! What a day, what a night...

In case someone wants to go back to (or discover) the first 30 minutes, including the 4 minutes of "drumming", I put the audio on soundcloud here : [soundcloud.com] - be warned that this is from an i.P.h.o.n.e. 4S in my backpocket (except when I was using to upload pictures to the live photo stream) so it's not perfect, nevertheless it takes me back to the pit, so it can't be all bad...

@toomuchforme - nice picture of Mick & Charlie, what camera were you using? Which section were you in?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 02:09 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: GrandToad ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:03

It warms my old heart to hear these clips, and read the reviews. Not bad for a bunch of old godgers.

I just finished the Gimme Shelter clip. Mary J. Blige tore it up. She did an amazing job. I loved the way she interacted with the band. It seemed as if she and Mick were made to be on stage together.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:10

GrandToad
It warms my old heart to hear these clips, and read the reviews. Not bad for a bunch of old godgers.

I just finished the Gimme Shelter clip. Mary J. Blige tore it up. She did an amazing job. I loved the way she interacted with the band. It seemed as if she and Mick were made to be on stage together.

Totally agree on this. Mary J. Blige was great on Gimme Shelter and both MJ's had a lot of fun obviously!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:14

Awww, sounds GRRReat!!! Very happy to all those who were there. Let the 29th gig be even better.

Cannot wait for the NY/NJ! Hope BW and MT are at the 3 shows.

Is it me, or does that Marshall stick out?

Date: November 27, 2012 02:15

toomuchforme graciously taped the fan film...just uploaded:

Date: November 27, 2012 02:15

Just finished watching Midnight Rambler. I don't think I've ever seen Mick Taylor move that much. A couple of "clams," but thats the point of Rock n Roll - Let 'er rip. Midnight Rambler is one of my favorite songs, and this made my eyes well up.

This kind of performance reminds me why I'm a Rolling Stones fan. It may not be prim and proper, but it hits you in the gut.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:17

roby
Ah ah ah sad smiley physical aspect. Let's speak guitar smiling smiley Here, Taylor is purely awesome... And Ronnie, oh yes, he is thin, like always ^^

Let's be realistic. Taylor wasn't awesome. He had many bum notes, didn't pay much attention to the rest of the band, (Pretty much like Jeff Beck...) and has certainly played much better, but it was very nice seeing him with the Stones again. As for the guest spots, I think Wyman did the best job of them as far as I can tell from the videos, but that wasn't too much of a surprise.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: November 27, 2012 02:19

Seeing the Midnight Rambler whole video and watching MT, did Ronnie even play on that song!?

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:20

A brief clip showing our view from the pit, it was awesome.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 02:21 by TomGreen.

Date: November 27, 2012 02:24

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Seeing the Midnight Rambler whole video and watching MT, did Ronnie even play on that song!?

Ronnie rightfully stepped back as far as he possibly could from Taylor and Keith. In fact, him being there just on rhythm crowded up the sound way too much. The song was made for just two guitars...Taylor just needs to relearn his parts and get to know the song again and we'd have something simply amazing. Hopefully he gets 4 more tries to perfect it.

Posted by: drjay ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:24

i can't judge from the you tube clips but i have never heard mary blige sing live in pitch in 10 years .She always is all over the map to me.Anyway nice try

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:26

audun-eg
roby
Ah ah ah sad smiley physical aspect. Let's speak guitar smiling smiley Here, Taylor is purely awesome... And Ronnie, oh yes, he is thin, like always ^^

Let's be realistic. Taylor wasn't awesome. He had many bum notes, didn't pay much attention to the rest of the band, (Pretty much like Jeff Beck...) and has certainly played much better...

That's probably because he had difficulties hearing himself on stage. At least appear to have that problem, when looking at that youtube clip. Great that he took a chance despite of that...
When he's standing on top of the stagemonitor, he's playing much better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 02:29 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 27, 2012 02:27

Blige did a superb job, in my book. She reinvigorated the song and definitely added some spice to the proceedings. It meandered a bit in the middle...and there really isn't any good reason to have this song clock in at 7 minutes if there's not going to be an extended guitar solo. Blige did hear what Taylor did on Rambler...take over the space and make use of her only guest spot. Wish Mick would tighten it up a bit and make the performance a bit more streamlined. But overall...she did a great job.

Date: November 27, 2012 02:29

Jeff Beck Going Down

Date: November 27, 2012 02:34

Promoman
Jeff Beck Going Down

Jeff Beck is going to do weird stuff, that's a given. I liked his performance. The guy is a monster, and did his thing.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:35

audun-eg
roby

Let's be realistic. Taylor wasn't awesome. He had many bum notes, didn't pay much attention to the rest of the band, (Pretty much like Jeff Beck...) and has certainly played much better, but it was very nice seeing him with the Stones again. As for the guest spots, I think Wyman did the best job of them as far as I can tell from the videos, but that wasn't too much of a surprise.

I went to the concert last night and you are spot on! Taylor was brought on as guest just as Beck was , Taylor did a far better job then Beck but he still hit alot of bum notes and was way too loud. It was cool to see him because of the history but really it was not that brilliant, I thought All down the line and Wild horses were the highlights, Mick and Keith were just outstanding last night, The best since I have seen them since 99, Really!

Date: November 27, 2012 02:38

I thought it was pretty bad ass how Charlie went a little heavy just for Beck. He beefed up the bass drum and just laid it steady on the crash. He knew he had to beef it up slightly for the wide sound Beck was creating. Nice to see everyone rise to the occasion.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:50

Promoman
Jeff Beck Going Down

Promoman, thanks so much for sharing such great quality videos.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2002
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home