Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15
Anyone else tired of the whiners?
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 13:20

People, let's please have no more about:

- The Stones are greedy. Hey, they're just charging what they can to do what they do. They don't owe the public anything

- The set list is boring. They haven't even started to tour properly yet and we don't like the choice of songs already! This is a problem of the internet era not the band

- Keith is not up to it. Probably true but being nearly 70 and after a few strokes, what do we expect? I saw Ronnie playing a few months ago and he is on fire. He can handle the main guitar duties, no problem

- They play too many warhorses. They're playing for the wider audience not just us so get over it

- They should do an album of old blues. ZZzzzz

Reading this board sometimes is depressing.

Thank you - over & out.

Re: Anyone else tired of the whiners?
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 13:27

Yeah

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 13:29

And last but not least.....

- They are the Stones and a bunch of us are gonna see them again.

Date: October 30, 2012 13:50

I really don't know why they spend so much time here, but everyone is free to do what they like, of course.

The whining really takes away some of the joy of being a Stones fan, especially now in these exciting times - when FINALLY, after the neverending wait, the Stones are PLAYING again smileys with beer

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 30, 2012 13:56

What about the Winos?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 30, 2012 13:57

I like reading honest opinions. Calling critisicm of Rolling Stones way of dealing with tickets and audience, not taking chances, playing for bankers etc for "whining" is not correct.
Honest opinions or reviews about the guitarists playing is not "whining" either. THe only real whining taking place here is whining about other peoples opinon and impressions

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 13:58 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:01

Erik_Snow
I like reading honest opinions. Calling critisicm of Rolling Stones way of dealing with tickets and audience, not taking chances, playing for bankers etc for "whining" is not correct.
Honest opinions or reviews about the guitarists playing is not "whining" either. THe only real whining taking place here is whining about other peoples opinon and impressions

I will always respect opinions. However, when you constantly are unhappy with the Rolling Stones - not ONE positive thing to say about your supposedly favourite band - THEN you're a whiner, and there are a few of them around, mind you smiling smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:05

tomcat2006

- The Stones are greedy. Hey, they're just charging what they can to do what they do. They don't owe the public anything

- The set list is boring. They haven't even started to tour properly yet and we don't like the choice of songs already! This is a problem of the internet era not the band

- Keith is not up to it. Probably true but being nearly 70 and after a few strokes, what do we expect? I saw Ronnie playing a few months ago and he is on fire. He can handle the main guitar duties, no problem

- They play too many warhorses. They're playing for the wider audience not just us so get over it

Thank you - over & out.

1. Yeah, like dogs they're licking their own bollocks because they can..................

2. There's a clip of Shattered & When the whip comes down on Hotstuff from last week...........I couldn't be bothered to listen all the way through so I guess I was bored..........what's wrong with Child of the moon, Silver Train, Dance little sister, Pretty beat up and Let it loose?
The ABB tour was re-nicknamed by a casual-fan mate of mine as the "Oh no, not Tumbling Dice again " tour......so....

3. I think a good band is hallmarked by the fact that when you hear them play, it doesn't matter whether you know the song or not, you just think "wow, that band is something else..............."
So if it's a bag full of warhorses on offer (instead of maybe 3 or 4 per show) and that being so you can only deduce that their target audience is the "Brain dead but wallets full" demographic..................with that lot, that'll be an exciting night out I'm sure....................eye rolling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 20:51 by EddieByword.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:08

DandelionPowderman
... not ONE positive thing to say about your supposedly favourite band - THEN you're a whiner, and there are a few of them around, mind you smiling smiley

Well yes, there might 2 or 3 of of them, but there's more folks here who are always praising the band - and you don't see them being "called out" for being "blind belivers"....or whatever expression that would be the opposite of "whiners" . Problem is that some of the always positive guys here passes off all complaints/opinions as "whining". Maybe an easy way to label things that doesn't go along with ones own fandom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 14:11 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:10

EddieByword
tomcat2006

Thank you - over & out.

1. Yeah, like dogs they're licking their own bollocks because they can..................

2. There's a clip of Shattered & When the whip comes down on Hotstuff from last week...........I couldn't be bothered to listen all the way through so I guess I was bored..........what's wrong with Silver Train, Dance little sister, Pretty beat up and Let it loose?
The ABB tour was re-nicknamed by a casual-fan mate of mine as the "Oh no, not Tumbling Dice again " tour......so....

3. I think a good band is hallmarked by the fact that when you hear them play, it doesn't matter whether you know the song or not, you just think "wow, that band is something else..............."
So if it's a bag full of warhorses on offer (instead of maybe 3 or 4 per show) and that being so you can only deduce that their target audience is the "Brain dead but wallets full" demographic..................with that lot, that'll be an exciting night out I'm sure....................eye rolling smiley

So when they play I Wanna Be Your Man, Lady Jane, Doom And Gloom and One More Shot, this "brain dead, but wallet empty-fan" will have the time of his life >grinning smiley<

Date: October 30, 2012 14:11

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman
... not ONE positive thing to say about your supposedly favourite band - THEN you're a whiner, and there are a few of them around, mind you smiling smiley

Well yes, there might 2 or 3 of of them, but there's more folks here who are always praising the band - and you don't see them being "called out" for being "blind belivers"....or whatever expression that would be the opposite of "whiners"

In fairness, that is a more positive thing to do on a fan board, don't you think?

BTW, I was called "selective deaf" the other day, because I liked the JJF-clip, and I really don't always prais them...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 14:16 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:20

DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow

I will always respect opinions. However, when you constantly are unhappy with the Rolling Stones - not ONE positive thing to say about your supposedly favourite band - THEN you're a whiner, and there are a few of them around, mind you smiling smiley

I agree on that, but then who cares: as long as your replies are in favor of your band, keep them coming. smiling smiley

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:23

No, I'm fed up with people whining about "whiners". As Eric said it is interesting to read different opinions. I do understand that if you are completely positive about 2012 Stones it could get you down but I think you need to accept that you've become a minority. If you wonder why people still come here it's because there's still plenty of interesting discussion and also humour. In the last few years there has been plenty to discuss for those who are accused of living in a 40 year old time warp - Brussels, TOTA, Hampton, Exile & Some Girls outtakes, excellent Ladies and Gentlemen & Some Girls DVDs and more to come such as Charlie is My Darling. As for the one new song put out in the same period I like that too. Isn't it a bit much to accuse fans of living in a time warp given the output and setlists of the Stones?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:26

Well, this is not the German Reich under @#$%& where there was only one opinion allowed. Free speech is a tremendous achievement, and to call people with different opinions "whiners" is a step back.

I'm also not 14 anymore, so going to a fan board does not necessarily mean that I expect to find only positive opinions about my favourite band there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 19:18 by alimente.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:27

DandelionPowderman

So when they play I Wanna Be Your Man, Lady Jane, Doom And Gloom and One More Shot, this "brain dead, but wallet empty-fan" will have the time of his life >grinning smiley<

...........One More Shot of course I haven't heard so can't comment, Lady Jane? fantastic........I Wanna Be Your Man & Doom And Gloom? OK but I'll pass........but still you make my point, 4 newbies/possible 20+?
imo it should be at least 14/20 rarely played and newbies and 6 fairly familiar & warhorses max, that would be wonderous and maybe worth £200...........
As for always criticising, this is the first time for me......even when all that stuff about Keith's playing was going down from the Hubert Sumlin show, I thought, "I'll wait and see" (until I hear him in a proper rock show)

As for target audience.......you must have snuck in round the side without them making you.........winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 14:30 by EddieByword.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:27

alimente
I'm also not 14 anymore, so going to a fan board does not necessarily mean that I expect to find only positive opinions about my favourite band there.

Ditto that

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:28

Erik_Snow

So true.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:30

Erik_Snow
alimente

Ditto that

I ditto that too, but it should be the other way around as well.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:33

For the moment at least I'm not particularly a fan of the Rolling Stones

The reasons I still participate here are 1) I am still a HUGE fan of Mick Jagger's,
and 2) I've watched the Stones story for a LONG time now, and amazingly its still
a bit of a cliffhanger and I want to see how it turns out.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:38

DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

Well yes, there might 2 or 3 of of them, but there's more folks here who are always praising the band - and you don't see them being "called out" for being "blind belivers"....or whatever expression that would be the opposite of "whiners"

In fairness, that is a more positive thing to do on a fan board, don't you think?

BTW, I was called "selective deaf" the other day, because I liked the JJF-clip, and I really don't always prais them...

Still bothers you? You are probably so sensitive because you indeed have some hearing problems? grinning smiley
Serious Dandy: I like you for your knowledge and all and how constructive you seem. But do accept some forms of sarcasm or irony once in a while...helps to relativize lots of things...

Date: October 30, 2012 14:39

DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow
alimente

Ditto that

DP, if you think there's too much complaints of the Rolling Stones here lately, then whos fault is that but the Rolling Stones' ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 01:39 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:41

tomcat2006

Truth is often depressing especially when it's ugly...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 14:42 by dcba.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:41

I don't know you, Dreamer, so I won't catch right away when you're kidding or not, right? Or do I know you from an earlier nickname, been banned before?

It doesn't bother me at all, but it was a valid example of what Erik was talking about, as the contrast of "blind followers".

You've got no idea whether I'm sensitive or not, Jeez grinning smiley

Date: October 30, 2012 14:43

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow
alimente

Ditto that

If you think there's too much complaints of the Rolling Stones here lately, then who's fault is that if not the Rolling Stones?

By the other way around I meant I don't expect to get on a fan board to find only negative opinions about the band - no matter who's to blame smiling smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:45

tomcat2006

Thank you - over & out.

To say "They should do an album of old blues" seems to be a wish, you know, and has nothing to do with "whining". You seem to confuse the categories, I guess.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:46

If I only wanted to read gushing "isn't everything the stones do great" PR type stories, I would only visit their website! It would be very boring to come to IORR and just read "isn't everything the stones do great". As someone once said, if you don't believe in free speech for your enemies, you don't believe in free speech at all.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:49

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

Well yes, there might 2 or 3 of of them, but there's more folks here who are always praising the band - and you don't see them being "called out" for being "blind belivers"....or whatever expression that would be the opposite of "whiners" . Problem is that some of the always positive guys here passes off all complaints/opinions as "whining". Maybe an easy way to label things that doesn't go along with ones own fandom

Well, I am of a fanboy type more than the opposite on this "What I dislike about the Stones"-site.

I am in desperate need of an alibi. Now I've got it. I tell you then: TATTOO YOU as a whole is, eh, shite. I would have gotten rid of most songs here and have it reduced to a maxi single: It should have consisted of the marvellous "Waiting on a Friend", the OK song "Black Limousine" and the light weight, rather mediocre "Start Me Up". The rest of those versions of the featured songs might have stayed in the vaults.

I don't want any WHINER to come and criticize my dislikes. They are not entitled to that. On this site my dislikes are my privilege. True to the spirit on the site: I demand respect for my dislikes. On this site they define my outlook on the band.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 15:01 by Witness.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:51

i think it's frustration more than whining...

you support a band for years...spend your money on them when they are putting out less than stellar product (Dirty Work comes to mind)...you come to this forum to discuss them even when they are doing absolutely nothing (the last 5 years) and then what do you get??

after 5 years of inactivity (other than a few vault concerts we already had)...we get 2 new songs... a brand 'new' compilation with a dumb looking monkey on it...4 shows that barely anyone can afford to go to...and no new LP on the horizon...

granted they are old guys...but the disctint lack of respect they show for their hardcore fans just shows how out of touch they actually are with anything relevant...

so yeah...it's frustrating...because we all love them...and they are the mark by which other bands are measured...and this is what they do...

'whining' is an innaccurate and stupid word to use for this...

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:57

superrevvy
For the moment at least I'm not particularly a fan of the Rolling Stones

The reasons I still participate here are 1) I am still a HUGE fan of Mick Jagger's,
and 2) I've watched the Stones story for a LONG time now, and amazingly its still
a bit of a cliffhanger and I want to see how it turns out.

Also, thinking the Stones are shit now is not whining.

The ticket price complaints are whining. Take it or leave it, I say.

But having a negative opinion about this or that aspect of their current artistic
production is not whining.

Date: October 30, 2012 14:59

DandelionPowderman
I don't know you, Dreamer, so I won't catch right away when you're kidding or not, right? Or do I know you from an earlier nickname, been banned before?

It doesn't bother me at all, but it was a valid example of what Erik was talking about, as the contrast of "blind followers".

You've got no idea whether I'm sensitive or not, Jeez grinning smiley

You've got no idea whether I'm sensitive or not, Jeez grinning smiley[/quote]
Oh you are. I think. I like you for being so! But I like to play with that. With people I like...so just see it as I'm giving you compliments! smiling bouncing smiley

been banned before?
I'm here for the first time.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home