Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15
Re: Anyone else tired of the whiners?
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:23

Whiners or cheerleaders, it doesn't matter. No one but BV has the right to tell people how to post. It goes both ways.

Armchair moderators invite backlash no matter where it comes from, and in my opinion, they deserve it.

Repect each others rights to whine or cheerlead. Policing other's posts isn't whining, it's not cheerleading, it's simply trying to control (aka being a douche).

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:23

StonesTod
leteyer
StonesTod
leteyer
That's why I don't call them whiners, because I don't like them calling me stupid, and that's a two way street.

let's make a deal....you call me a whiner and i call you stupid and we both find a way to carry on with our pathetic lives,

Just said I don't like to be called that, are you slow? I would love that you call me that to my face. But sorry to learn that your life is pathetic...You poor sweet thing, anything I can do for you?

yes - you can post a picture of your face.

WHo can say no to a nice girl like you...Here's my face, now call me whatever you like dear..Hope that makes you happy

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:27

treaclefingers
StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
cowboytoast
StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
But what is it when one person expresses his/her joy about a video clip, and another poster ridicule the former poster?

Yeah, it is expressing an opinion about someone else's opinion (or joy), but, most of all, showing disrespect and acting stupidly. We are here entering to the realm of good/bad manners

Very well said. There is a major difference between being critical about something and simply trying to take the joy away from someone.

and that difference is....?

Manners

manners are overrated. rudeness is the key to a thriving messageboard.

either rudeness or being called a 'troll' for stating my opinion... 'get back in yer cave...troll'...

those are some of the best posts ever.

it's a proven fact that messageboards that feature an abundance of politeness and manners almost never last beyond a few months.

name-calling and pettiness are at a premium here, folks. please do your part.

Irony is always welcome in my book, which is what I believe you thrive on StonesTod. The problem with the internet is it's difficult to know without facial expressions or tone of voice whether or not someone is being serious or joking around and that can sometimes get you into trouble. winking smiley

my tone is...atonal...or something. i do make faces sometimes while posting, but that's usual due to some gastrointestinal issues. and i'm always serious as a heart attack. you think heart attacks aren't serious? they can be deadly business.

I defend you whenever I can, but I know a lot of posters call you an atoll.

Just isn't fair, particularly if the gastrointestinal issues are the root cause.
Never tried it myself... but...

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:28

Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
Yes.

The only thing that the whiner's whining affects is driving away positive posters from IORR, making it a more and more negative, whining board, reinforced by whiners backing each other up... thus when a thread like this pops up it is FULL of whiners whining about their right to whine... and how dare anyone try to take away, or even talk, about their right to whine... then their fellow whiners give them the ole "GOOD JOB ON THAT WHINING!!!, YOURE A REAL FAN, YOURE NOT A FANBOY OR CHEERLEADER!!, GOOD FOR YOU FELLOW WHINER!!! KEEP IT UP!!!".

LMAO... as if all the whining and negative posting in the world will change one damn thing this band does or thinks.

The only reason I can see why a person who has hated this band for 20-30-40 years, yet still posts here, is just to try to ruin the fun anyone else might try to have. It is just fkg music.... it is supposed to be fun.

The whiners should consider going out and trying to make a difference, maybe help solve, some of the REAL problems of the world, versus bitching about percieved problems they see in a music act.... because all their combined bitching and whining and moaning and groaning about everything from set lists to Keith's playing to what fuking songs they play on MNF wont change one damned thing about how 1%er Mick Jagger does things... he couldnt care less about the peasants whining.

No, quite the opposite. Without the whiners this place would be empty pretty soon as it gets quite boring after a while to read only these "Keith nailed it", "Keith was on fire last night", "great show", "great setlist", "great single", "great album", "Charlie's so cool", "Go Ronnie Go", "Ronnie is the best", "Stones are the best" - posts...
...unless one is one of the "trying a different menu at KFC proves cultural diversity" kind of guys, of course.

It is ridiculous to say without whining and bitching that this place would be boring, that is a very pessimistic/negative attitude and it is sad to think someone couldnt carry on a conversation without whining about everything. And to whine about about the same things over and over like set lists, and Keiths playing or how Ronnie is not as good as Mick Taylor... as if bitching about it incessantly will change anything ....THAT is boring.

Try to think outside your box, dude! But if you insist that critical posts rain on your parade, complain to BV and try to convince him to ban everyone who dares to say anything negative about the current incarnation of the band. That would solve your problem at once.

LOL, that is possibly the lamest, whinest post ever... nice work on that.

Whining... dudeeee... whineeeee... like, do this... or like, do that.... then the cliches "rain of your parade" and "think outside the box".... then the lamest, whiniest of all.... "report it to bv and get people banned, then it will solve everything... WTF? what a weak ass suggestion, but then again, we should expect from you, eh?

You are cluessless and dont understand the point, so try to grow a brain, and understand the concept before posting anymore more of your idiotic drivel.

It's pretty easy to get you in the red, right?
Sigh, you poor dumbfk, if you want to participate, you are going to have to keep up. I know it is probably hard for you, but just do you best, ok?

Boy, you're pretty close to a bigger bang, right?

Lol, you are adorabale...
you should make a video doing you favorite thing, whining about how much you hate the Stones these days.

Wooaah, come on, let it all out, it will make you feel better...all your frustrations about people like me...I could send you a "Stones Haters Club"-badge, you could spit at it, trample on it, like a good old fetish, you know?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:28

jamesfdouglas
Whiners or cheerleaders, it doesn't matter. No one but BV has the right to tell people how to post. It goes both ways.

Armchair moderators invite backlash no matter where it comes from, and in my opinion, they deserve it.

Repect each others rights to whine or cheerlead. Policing other's posts isn't whining, it's not cheerleading, it's simply trying to control (aka being a douche).

Holding strictly to what you're saying, then you have no right to tell me I have no right to tell someone how to post...I think.

Date: October 31, 2012 23:30

alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
Yes.

The only thing that the whiner's whining affects is driving away positive posters from IORR, making it a more and more negative, whining board, reinforced by whiners backing each other up... thus when a thread like this pops up it is FULL of whiners whining about their right to whine... and how dare anyone try to take away, or even talk, about their right to whine... then their fellow whiners give them the ole "GOOD JOB ON THAT WHINING!!!, YOURE A REAL FAN, YOURE NOT A FANBOY OR CHEERLEADER!!, GOOD FOR YOU FELLOW WHINER!!! KEEP IT UP!!!".

LMAO... as if all the whining and negative posting in the world will change one damn thing this band does or thinks.

The only reason I can see why a person who has hated this band for 20-30-40 years, yet still posts here, is just to try to ruin the fun anyone else might try to have. It is just fkg music.... it is supposed to be fun.

The whiners should consider going out and trying to make a difference, maybe help solve, some of the REAL problems of the world, versus bitching about percieved problems they see in a music act.... because all their combined bitching and whining and moaning and groaning about everything from set lists to Keith's playing to what fuking songs they play on MNF wont change one damned thing about how 1%er Mick Jagger does things... he couldnt care less about the peasants whining.

No, quite the opposite. Without the whiners this place would be empty pretty soon as it gets quite boring after a while to read only these "Keith nailed it", "Keith was on fire last night", "great show", "great setlist", "great single", "great album", "Charlie's so cool", "Go Ronnie Go", "Ronnie is the best", "Stones are the best" - posts...
...unless one is one of the "trying a different menu at KFC proves cultural diversity" kind of guys, of course.

It is ridiculous to say without whining and bitching that this place would be boring, that is a very pessimistic/negative attitude and it is sad to think someone couldnt carry on a conversation without whining about everything. And to whine about about the same things over and over like set lists, and Keiths playing or how Ronnie is not as good as Mick Taylor... as if bitching about it incessantly will change anything ....THAT is boring.

Try to think outside your box, dude! But if you insist that critical posts rain on your parade, complain to BV and try to convince him to ban everyone who dares to say anything negative about the current incarnation of the band. That would solve your problem at once.

Whining... dudeeee... whineeeee... like, do this... or like, do that.... then the cliches "rain of your parade" and "think outside the box".... then the lamest, whiniest of all.... "report it to bv and get people banned, then it will solve everything... WTF? what a weak ass suggestion, but then again, we should expect from you, eh?

You are cluessless and dont understand the point, so try to grow a brain, and understand the concept before posting anymore more of your idiotic drivel.

Sigh, you poor dumbfk, if you want to participate, you are going to have to keep up. I know it is probably hard for you, but just do you best, ok?

you should make a video doing you favorite thing, whining about how much you hate the Stones these days.

Wooaah, come on, let it all out, it will make you feel better...all your frustrations about people like me...I could send you a "Stones Haters Club"-badge, you could spit at it, trample on it, like a good old fetish, you know?
Poor little fella, you got nothing eh? Oh well... yaaaaaawn... anyway.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:33

leteyer
StonesTod
leteyer
StonesTod
leteyer
That's why I don't call them whiners, because I don't like them calling me stupid, and that's a two way street.

let's make a deal....you call me a whiner and i call you stupid and we both find a way to carry on with our pathetic lives,

Just said I don't like to be called that, are you slow? I would love that you call me that to my face. But sorry to learn that your life is pathetic...You poor sweet thing, anything I can do for you?

WHo can say no to a nice girl like you...Here's my face, now call me whatever you like dear..Hope that makes you happy

let me start by saying the mets suck. even more than the stones. true stuff.

didn't think i had it in me, eh? nice girls can be naughty sometimes, you know.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:35

Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
Yes.

Hey! Wake up! Don't fall asleep! All eyes are on ya.

Date: October 31, 2012 23:35

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
cowboytoast
StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
But what is it when one person expresses his/her joy about a video clip, and another poster ridicule the former poster?

Yeah, it is expressing an opinion about someone else's opinion (or joy), but, most of all, showing disrespect and acting stupidly. We are here entering to the realm of good/bad manners

Very well said. There is a major difference between being critical about something and simply trying to take the joy away from someone.

Manners

either rudeness or being called a 'troll' for stating my opinion... 'get back in yer cave...troll'...

it's a proven fact that messageboards that feature an abundance of politeness and manners almost never last beyond a few months.

Irony is always welcome in my book, which is what I believe you thrive on StonesTod. The problem with the internet is it's difficult to know without facial expressions or tone of voice whether or not someone is being serious or joking around and that can sometimes get you into trouble. winking smiley

my tone is...atonal...or something. i do make faces sometimes while posting, but that's usual due to some gastrointestinal issues. and i'm always serious as a heart attack. you think heart attacks aren't serious? they can be deadly business.

Just isn't fair, particularly if the gastrointestinal issues are the root cause.

Bean there, done that.

Date: October 31, 2012 23:38

alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
Yes.

Would you two just get a room?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 31, 2012 23:38

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
cowboytoast
StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Manners

Bean there, done that.

Does it really work? are the side effects worse? I have never used it...

Date: October 31, 2012 23:40

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
cowboytoast
StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Manners

Bean there, done that.

Does it really work? are the side effects worse? I have never used it...

Bean a long time, can't remember for sure. I think the main side effects are that it makes you a bit gassy, that and can cause strokes.

Date: October 31, 2012 23:40

why would anyone wanna prevent gas? it's one of our few natural defense mechanims!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:41

StonesTod
leteyer
StonesTod
leteyer
StonesTod
leteyer

let me start by saying the mets suck. even more than the stones. true stuff.

didn't think i had it in me, eh? nice girls can be naughty sometimes, you know.

I don't like the Mets either but my nephew was drafted by them, so here I am, poor pathetic me wearing a Mets cap...BTW I think you have it in you a you love it...Kisses

Date: October 31, 2012 23:42

jamesfdouglas
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
Yes.

Would you two just get a room?

Wait a second James didn you post a diatribe surmising arm chair moderators are douches?

"Policing other's posts isn't whining, it's not cheerleading, it's simply trying to control (aka being a douche)."

StonesTod
why would anyone wanna prevent gas? it's one of our few natural defense mechanims!

True.

Throwing up and nose picking are right up there too though.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()

StonesTod

Yeah.. my Dad is an underground nuclear bunker on the natural defense scale.

Date: October 31, 2012 23:43

StonesTod

And the source of many jokes

Date: October 31, 2012 23:44

treaclefingers
StonesTod

True.

we need one more. there's always gotta be a Big Four.

toe jam?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 23:44 by StonesTod.

Date: October 31, 2012 23:44

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod

True.

we need one more. there's always gotta be a Big Four

Toe jam?

Date: October 31, 2012 23:45

treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod

True.

Toe jam?

hahaha - look at my edited post above!

Date: October 31, 2012 23:53

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod

True.

Toe jam?

hahaha - look at my edited post above!

The bullshit thing about it is that it only records posts to the minute, not the second.

We'll prolly never really ever know who posted it first.

Date: November 1, 2012 00:00

Max'sKansasCity
Wait a second James didn you post a diatribe surmising arm chair moderators are douches?

"Policing other's posts isn't whining, it's not cheerleading, it's simply trying to control (aka being a douche)."

(pause)...

... ee-YEEEESSSSSSsssssss

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: November 1, 2012 00:02

jamesfdouglas
Max'sKansasCity

(pause)...

... ee-YEEEESSSSSSsssssss

grinning smiley

Date: November 1, 2012 00:05

and in the end.... the moral is;
A good flame war is like a fart....
Just let it run its natural course....
and then happily move forward. smileys with beer

Date: November 1, 2012 00:06

I LOVE Russell Stover's candy...IT IS THE BEST!!!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 1, 2012 00:27

leteyer
StonesTod
leteyer
StonesTod
leteyer

Let's Go Mets!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 1, 2012 00:35

My goodness - to think I wasted this evening going out to see Charlie Is My Darling when I could have been reading this thread!

Is it safe to come out and take my tin hat off now?

Date: November 1, 2012 00:52

Green Lady
My goodness - to think I wasted this evening going out to see Charlie Is My Darling when I could have been reading this thread!

Is it safe to come out and take my tin hat off now?

I dont know.... I think the the rule of thumb is to generally wait a good 35-45 minutes before going there, after one of these things... winking smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 1, 2012 00:53

Stop making me read this thread!!!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home