Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 15
Re: Anyone else tired of the whiners?
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:06

StonesTod
ummm...that's where i got this from already....hello?

Is this also on a fridge magnet?

I'm confused now.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:08

leteyer
What I don't understand is why those of us that decided to burn a hole in their pants are treated like idiots, or since we have a ticket or two we are not 'real' or 'hard core' fans. Is like to be a fan one should not be able to afford a f*#{g ticket.
The majority of people on here do not know, personally, the majority of people on here. So how they are able to judge whether one person is a "true fan" or not based on what they write on a message board is beyond me. It is complete bullshit.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:11

GumbootCloggeroo
leteyer
What I don't understand is why those of us that decided to burn a hole in their pants are treated like idiots, or since we have a ticket or two we are not 'real' or 'hard core' fans. Is like to be a fan one should not be able to afford a f*#{g ticket.
The majority of people on here do not know, personally, the majority of people on here. So how they are able to judge whether one person is a "true fan" or not based on what they write on a message board is beyond me. It is complete bullshit.

much easier to judge the idiots, though, wouldn't you say? we could have a vote, I suppose, if in any particular case it's not sufficiently clear.

Date: October 31, 2012 18:11

GumbootCloggeroo

How can you be sure that the majority of posters here are not omnipotent gods?

Date: October 31, 2012 18:12

GravityBoy
StonesTod
ummm...that's where i got this from already....hello?

Is this also on a fridge magnet?

I'm confused now.

actually, that one comes from my coffee mug

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:19

Yes Mr. Jagger, yes. If you stuck you hand in your heart it would help to ease my pain...so do it already alright...I just paid 900 bucks. (ironic smiley:smoking smiley )

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:24

leteyer

That's why I don't call them whinners, because I don't like them calling me stupid, and that's a two way street.

"Whinners"? "Whiners?" "Winners?"...Fine line. But I get your point.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:36

On the contrary, the Stones owe everything to their fans because without them there would be no Stones at all.

So stop the whining about the whining and get the real deal!
They should thank there fans for being so true and that they have stayed connected for this many years. I myself are in for my 48th year and there loads of people that has stayed true to the band for this long.

If we are not allowed to have different opinions of the band and the direction they roll in these days then this board would have to close down.

If everybody agrees to everybody then it would be dull to check in here!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:04

GravityBoy
GumbootCloggeroo

How can you be sure that the majority of posters here are not omnipotent gods?

Because nobody here has got smitten by a bolt of lightning from On High - yet.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:10

Whiners? There aren't any whiners on this board, are there?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:23

Naaa, most whiners I love. This forum wouldn't be half as fun without my daily dose of whining. There are a couple of whiners though that occasionally have the ability to grate my nerves ...

C

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:27

Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
Yes.

The only thing that the whiner's whining affects is driving away positive posters from IORR, making it a more and more negative, whining board, reinforced by whiners backing each other up... thus when a thread like this pops up it is FULL of whiners whining about their right to whine... and how dare anyone try to take away, or even talk, about their right to whine... then their fellow whiners give them the ole "GOOD JOB ON THAT WHINING!!!, YOURE A REAL FAN, YOURE NOT A FANBOY OR CHEERLEADER!!, GOOD FOR YOU FELLOW WHINER!!! KEEP IT UP!!!".

LMAO... as if all the whining and negative posting in the world will change one damn thing this band does or thinks.

The only reason I can see why a person who has hated this band for 20-30-40 years, yet still posts here, is just to try to ruin the fun anyone else might try to have. It is just fkg music.... it is supposed to be fun.

The whiners should consider going out and trying to make a difference, maybe help solve, some of the REAL problems of the world, versus bitching about percieved problems they see in a music act.... because all their combined bitching and whining and moaning and groaning about everything from set lists to Keith's playing to what fuking songs they play on MNF wont change one damned thing about how 1%er Mick Jagger does things... he couldnt care less about the peasants whining.

No, quite the opposite. Without the whiners this place would be empty pretty soon as it gets quite boring after a while to read only these "Keith nailed it", "Keith was on fire last night", "great show", "great setlist", "great single", "great album", "Charlie's so cool", "Go Ronnie Go", "Ronnie is the best", "Stones are the best" - posts...
...unless one is one of the "trying a different menu at KFC proves cultural diversity" kind of guys, of course.

It is ridiculous to say without whining and bitching that this place would be boring, that is a very pessimistic/negative attitude and it is sad to think someone couldnt carry on a conversation without whining about everything. And to whine about about the same things over and over like set lists, and Keiths playing or how Ronnie is not as good as Mick Taylor... as if bitching about it incessantly will change anything ....THAT is boring.

Try to think outside your box, dude! But if you insist that critical posts rain on your parade, complain to BV and try to convince him to ban everyone who dares to say anything negative about the current incarnation of the band. That would solve your problem at once.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:42

StonesTod
leteyer
That's why I don't call them whiners, because I don't like them calling me stupid, and that's a two way street.

let's make a deal....you call me a whiner and i call you stupid and we both find a way to carry on with our pathetic lives,

Just said I don't like to be called that, are you slow? I would love that you call me that to my face. But sorry to learn that your life is pathetic...You poor sweet thing, anything I can do for you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 19:45 by leteyer.

Date: October 31, 2012 20:11

Whinning is much less bothering than all these threads about Dylan, Beatles and so on etc etc etc....where some people say that those artists are better than Stones.

Whining comes from fans but these bizarre, outlandish threads about how much better other artists are compared to Stones...where do they come from?. From fans? I do not think so. A fan may whine but that fan won't say that Beatles or anybody else is better than Stones.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: October 31, 2012 20:16

emotionalbarbecue
Whinning is much less bothering than all these threads about Dylan, Beatles and so on etc etc etc....where some people say that those artists are better than Stones.

Whining comes from fans but these bizarre, outlandish threads about how much better other artists are compared to Stones...where do they come from?. From fans? I do not think so. A fan may whine but that fan won't say that Beatles or anybody else is better than Stones.

Well, you can be a fan and not think a band is the best in the world. I'm a fan of many bands, I can't think they're all the best. And which one I think is the best depends on my taste that day/week/month/year.

I don't think the whoever is better than the Stones are good threads or anything (I think most of them are just meant to bait others into an argument) but coming here does not mean you think the Stones are the best ever. And not thinking they're the best ever doesn't make somebody not a fan.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 31, 2012 20:25

alimente
Max'sKansasCity
alimente
Max'sKansasCity
Yes.

The only thing that the whiner's whining affects is driving away positive posters from IORR, making it a more and more negative, whining board, reinforced by whiners backing each other up... thus when a thread like this pops up it is FULL of whiners whining about their right to whine... and how dare anyone try to take away, or even talk, about their right to whine... then their fellow whiners give them the ole "GOOD JOB ON THAT WHINING!!!, YOURE A REAL FAN, YOURE NOT A FANBOY OR CHEERLEADER!!, GOOD FOR YOU FELLOW WHINER!!! KEEP IT UP!!!".

LMAO... as if all the whining and negative posting in the world will change one damn thing this band does or thinks.

The only reason I can see why a person who has hated this band for 20-30-40 years, yet still posts here, is just to try to ruin the fun anyone else might try to have. It is just fkg music.... it is supposed to be fun.

The whiners should consider going out and trying to make a difference, maybe help solve, some of the REAL problems of the world, versus bitching about percieved problems they see in a music act.... because all their combined bitching and whining and moaning and groaning about everything from set lists to Keith's playing to what fuking songs they play on MNF wont change one damned thing about how 1%er Mick Jagger does things... he couldnt care less about the peasants whining.

No, quite the opposite. Without the whiners this place would be empty pretty soon as it gets quite boring after a while to read only these "Keith nailed it", "Keith was on fire last night", "great show", "great setlist", "great single", "great album", "Charlie's so cool", "Go Ronnie Go", "Ronnie is the best", "Stones are the best" - posts...
...unless one is one of the "trying a different menu at KFC proves cultural diversity" kind of guys, of course.

It is ridiculous to say without whining and bitching that this place would be boring, that is a very pessimistic/negative attitude and it is sad to think someone couldnt carry on a conversation without whining about everything. And to whine about about the same things over and over like set lists, and Keiths playing or how Ronnie is not as good as Mick Taylor... as if bitching about it incessantly will change anything ....THAT is boring.

Try to think outside your box, dude! But if you insist that critical posts rain on your parade, complain to BV and try to convince him to ban everyone who dares to say anything negative about the current incarnation of the band. That would solve your problem at once.

LOL, that is possibly the lamest, whinest post ever... nice work on that.

Whining... dudeeee... whineeeee... like, do this... or like, do that.... then the cliches "rain of your parade" and "think outside the box".... then the lamest, whiniest of all.... "report it to bv and get people banned, then it will solve everything... WTF? what a weak ass suggestion, but then again, we should expect from you, eh?

You are cluessless and dont understand the point, so try to grow a brain, and understand the concept before posting anymore more of your idiotic drivel.

Date: October 31, 2012 20:32

And I dont wanna hear anyone say dont flame war, or be nice. I am nice and peaceful until little fkwads wanna start shit, and then I have no problem giving it back to them. I first posted an opinion and didnt direct it at anyone, but if this worthless fk wants to starts shit, fine by me.

best advice- dont want shit... then dont start shit.

Date: October 31, 2012 20:39

Max'sKansasCity
or if there is shit present, just ignore it. ignoring the so-called "whiners" makes life a little more pleasant, as well.

Date: October 31, 2012 20:42

GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
or if there is shit present, just ignore it. ignoring the so-called "whiners" makes life a little more pleasant, as well.

yeah.. and hearing from your dumbass / never having an original thought / only posting over other people's posts / is one of the lamest things of all.

Posted by: rubytues ()
Date: October 31, 2012 20:42

I love a good wine. Certain ones get even get better with age! smiling smiley

Date: October 31, 2012 20:43

Max'sKansasCity
GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity

yeah.. and hearing from your dumbass / never having an original thought / only posting over other people's posts / is one of the lamest things of all.
Having a bad day, are we?

Date: October 31, 2012 20:45

"Brothers... Sisters... cool doooownnn... come one...."

Ah balls... the dogs are loose on the stage.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: October 31, 2012 20:47

Max, I love you. You're actually one of my favorite people around here, and the only one I've talked to regularly (I don't know if you remember our conversations as you're more active here than I, but I remember you). But cut the shit. Everybody whines, including you. I can quote quite a few negative comments about recent Stones events by you if you'd like. You're just butthurt over your MNF thread and since then you've been on the warpath.

Just relax dude.

Date: October 31, 2012 20:47

GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity

Having a bad day, are we?

Nope...just telling it like it is.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 31, 2012 20:48

tomcat2006
People, let's please have no more about:

- The Stones are greedy. Hey, they're just charging what they can to do what they do. They don't owe the public anything

- The set list is boring. They haven't even started to tour properly yet and we don't like the choice of songs already! This is a problem of the internet era not the band

- Keith is not up to it. Probably true but being nearly 70 and after a few strokes, what do we expect? I saw Ronnie playing a few months ago and he is on fire. He can handle the main guitar duties, no problem

- They play too many warhorses. They're playing for the wider audience not just us so get over it

- They should do an album of old blues. ZZzzzz

Reading this board sometimes is depressing.

Thank you - over & out.
You have to go back to ZZzzzzz and you'll wake up, perhaps thing would be changed!

Date: October 31, 2012 20:52

There!

Let that be an end to it.

Date: October 31, 2012 20:55

leteyer
StonesTod
leteyer
That's why I don't call them whiners, because I don't like them calling me stupid, and that's a two way street.

let's make a deal....you call me a whiner and i call you stupid and we both find a way to carry on with our pathetic lives,

Just said I don't like to be called that, are you slow? I would love that you call me that to my face. But sorry to learn that your life is pathetic...You poor sweet thing, anything I can do for you?

yes - you can post a picture of your face.

Date: October 31, 2012 20:56

NoCode0680
Max, I love you. You're actually one of my favorite people around here, and the only one I've talked to regularly (I don't know if you remember our conversations as you're more active here than I, but I remember you). But cut the shit. Everybody whines, including you. I can quote quite a few negative comments about recent Stones events by you if you'd like. You're just butthurt over your MNF thread and since then you've been on the warpath.

Just relax dude.

Dont want shit... dont start shit.. ok? relax dude

and btw-
There is a difference between commenting on current events and incestant whining about "the Stones since 1972" or "Ronnie sucks" or "Bring back Bill Wyman" or blah blah blah... ESP when it disrupts a positive thread where people are just happily talking and someone comes in to tell everyone HOW IT REALLY IS, AND THEY NEED TO REALIZE IT!!

and I didnt start this thread or this shit... but when people come at me... they can expect the same in return.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 21:00 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 31, 2012 21:03

Max'sKansasCity
ESP when it disrupts a positive thread where people are just happily talking and someone comes in to tell everyone HOW IT REALLY IS, AND THEY NEED TO REALIZE IT!

Vaild point, that gets annoying (unless I'm doing it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out)
However, gotta stick to my guns and say... that's how it is. Forums are like that. Being an armchair moderator doesn't do anything to change that.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2012 21:05

Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680

Just relax dude.

Dont want shit... dont start shit.. ok? relax dude

and btw-
There is a difference between commenting on current events and incestant whining about "the Stones since 1972" or "Ronnie sucks" or "Bring back Bill Wyman" or blah blah blah... ESP when it disrupts a positive thread where people are just happily talking and someone comes in to tell everyone HOW IT REALLY IS, AND THEY NEED TO REALIZE IT!!

and I didnt start this thread or this shit... but when people come at me... they can expect the same in return.

BRING BACK BILL WYMAN!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home