Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 15
Re: Anyone else tired of the whiners?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 31, 2012 01:17

Yes.

The only thing that the whiner's whining affects is driving away positive posters from IORR, making it a more and more negative, whining board, reinforced by whiners backing each other up... thus when a thread like this pops up it is FULL of whiners whining about their right to whine... and how dare anyone try to take away, or even talk, about their right to whine... then their fellow whiners give them the ole "GOOD JOB ON THAT WHINING!!!, YOURE A REAL FAN, YOURE NOT A FANBOY OR CHEERLEADER!!, GOOD FOR YOU FELLOW WHINER!!! KEEP IT UP!!!".

LMAO... as if all the whining and negative posting in the world will change one damn thing this band does or thinks.

The only reason I can see why a person who has hated this band for 20-30-40 years, yet still posts here, is just to try to ruin the fun anyone else might try to have. It is just fkg music.... it is supposed to be fun.

The whiners should consider going out and trying to make a difference, maybe help solve, some of the REAL problems of the world, versus bitching about percieved problems they see in a music act.... because all their combined bitching and whining and moaning and groaning about everything from set lists to Keith's playing to what fuking songs they play on MNF wont change one damned thing about how 1%er Mick Jagger does things... he couldnt care less about the peasants whining.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 01:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 31, 2012 01:37

Max'sKansasCity
LMAO... as if all the whining and negative posting in the world will change one damn thing this band does or thinks.

+1

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 31, 2012 01:46

Max'sKansasCity
The only reason I can see why a person who has hated this band for 20-30-40 years, yet still posts here, is just to try to ruin the fun anyone else might try to have.

bingo! and it seems to be working, so we must redouble our efforts lest things begin to slip and these people start having too much fun.

we thank you for your support!

I LOVE THE STONES thumbs up
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 31, 2012 01:49

Max'sKansasCity
The only thing that the whiner's whining affects is driving away positive posters from IORR

Nope smiling smiley

I LOVE THE STONES

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: I LOVE THE STONES thumbs up
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 31, 2012 01:52

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity
The only thing that the whiner's whining affects is driving away positive posters from IORR

Nope smiling smiley

I LOVE THE STONES

dammit.

emergency whiners union meeting tonight! attendance: mandatory!

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: October 31, 2012 02:43

I am.

Unfortunately, for some people, the Rolling Stones are their gods, and the Stones consume their hearts and minds and lives. The Stones have naturally changed with the passage of time, but gods aren't supposed to change or disappoint, right?

I don't find the whiners' criticism constructive, since I think the Stones are all doing the best they can. And the end is near. I just want to shower them with thanks and praise for giving us a good time for so many years.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2012 02:57

latebloomer
71Tele
Whiners to the left, cheerleaders to the right...or something.

Well, I can borrow my sister's old cheerleading outfit, but what will the whiners wear?

That depends. Are you female? Or do you at least good look in drag?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 31, 2012 02:59

..there should be a vote on who are the top 10 whiners ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 31, 2012 03:07

should be a vote on who are the top 10 whiners

I wonder if it would be a badge of honor, or something else to whine about?

Date: October 31, 2012 03:11

But you never can tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 03:30 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 31, 2012 03:12

71Tele
latebloomer
71Tele

Well, I can borrow my sister's old cheerleading outfit, but what will the whiners wear?

HA! I am a girl 71Tele, how about you? I can find an extra outfit for you, we can go as the IORR cheerleaders, heck we can form our own team.

Repeat after me (with claps in between):

You might be good at basketball
You might be good at track
But when it comes to rock and roll
You might as well step back
Might as well step back
Say what? You might as well step back
Can’t hear - you Might as well step back
Go Rolling Stones!

Date: October 31, 2012 03:14

Not sure I want to be labled a cheerleader or a whiner... Just a Stones fan, until Im not... and when Im not... I will be gone with the wind I have dumped many bands, and when it is over, it is over.... no big deal, I dont hang around talking about how it used to be , and praying for those days to come back. That is a waste of time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 03:33 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 31, 2012 03:14

riverrat
I am.

Unfortunately, for some people, the Rolling Stones are their gods, and the Stones consume their hearts and minds and lives. The Stones have naturally changed with the passage of time, but gods aren't supposed to change or disappoint, right?

I don't find the whiners' criticism constructive, since I think the Stones are all doing the best they can. And the end is near. I just want to shower them with thanks and praise for giving us a good time for so many years.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 31, 2012 03:42

Rockman
..there should be a vote on who are the top 10 whiners ....

Shouldn't we have some 2012 campaigns first?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2012 03:42

latebloomer
71Tele
latebloomer
71Tele

HA! I am a girl 71Tele, how about you? I can find an extra outfit for you, we can go as the IORR cheerleaders, heck we can form our own team.

Repeat after me (with claps in between):

You might be good at basketball
You might be good at track
But when it comes to rock and roll
You might as well step back
Might as well step back
Say what? You might as well step back
Can’t hear - you Might as well step back
Go Rolling Stones!

Well, I'm not a girl, but maybe we could dress as those cheerleaders from SNL. I'll do the Will Farrel part. It's Halloween after all!

Date: October 31, 2012 03:45

Max'sKansasCity
Not sure I want to be labled a cheerleader or a whiner... Just a Stones fan, until Im not... and when Im not... I will be gone with the wind I have dumped many bands, and when it is over, it is over.... no big deal, I dont hang around talking about how it used to be , and praying for those days to come back. That is a waste of time.

Once a Stones fan always a Stones fan. Isn't that sort of how it goes?

Date: October 31, 2012 04:02

JumpinJackOLantern
Max'sKansasCity

Ill always like their music... as I do all bands I was a fan of, I never give back music, but I do stop being a fan.

btw JJL.... welcome to the board... are you new? or name changing?

Date: October 31, 2012 05:31

Max'sKansasCity
JumpinJackOLantern
Max'sKansasCity

Ill always like their music... as I do all bands I was a fan of, I never give back music, but I do stop being a fan.

Thanks. I am new, but have been reading posts here for quite some time. Pretty much know all the cast of characters around here. Finally decided to take the plunge. Figured, now, (with all that is going on) would be as good a time as any to get my feet wet. Been non stop Stones news for this entire month.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: October 31, 2012 06:03

YES, I am tired of the whiners, as I am of the ongoing inane dialogues found on this forum!

I can't even finish reading 75% of the threads that I choose to read.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: October 31, 2012 06:06

riverrat
I don't find the whiners' criticism constructive

There's the thing. Seems most of the criticism here is truly constructive, but there's also enough hateful nonsense to stifle the conversation. And the nonsense peddlers are the most vocal.

Date: October 31, 2012 07:32

JumpinJackOLantern
Max'sKansasCity
JumpinJackOLantern
Max'sKansasCity

Thanks. I am new, but have been reading posts here for quite some time. Pretty much know all the cast of characters around here. Finally decided to take the plunge. Figured, now, (with all that is going on) would be as good a time as any to get my feet wet. Been non stop Stones news for this entire month.
Well welcome board Jacko..
Like a stopped clock is correct twice a day, your name will be highly fashionable 2 weeks a years Oct 20- Nov 4th... and it sure in in style today... HAPPY HALLOWEEN JUMPINJACKOLANTERN..AND EVERYONE ELSE

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 31, 2012 08:04

Max'sKansasCity
Yes.

The only thing that the whiner's whining affects is driving away positive posters from IORR, making it a more and more negative, whining board, reinforced by whiners backing each other up... thus when a thread like this pops up it is FULL of whiners whining about their right to whine... and how dare anyone try to take away, or even talk, about their right to whine... then their fellow whiners give them the ole "GOOD JOB ON THAT WHINING!!!, YOURE A REAL FAN, YOURE NOT A FANBOY OR CHEERLEADER!!, GOOD FOR YOU FELLOW WHINER!!! KEEP IT UP!!!".

The only reason I can see why a person who has hated this band for 20-30-40 years, yet still posts here, is just to try to ruin the fun anyone else might try to have. It is just fkg music.... it is supposed to be fun.

The whiners should consider going out and trying to make a difference, maybe help solve, some of the REAL problems of the world, versus bitching about percieved problems they see in a music act.... because all their combined bitching and whining and moaning and groaning about everything from set lists to Keith's playing to what fuking songs they play on MNF wont change one damned thing about how 1%er Mick Jagger does things... he couldnt care less about the peasants whining.

No, quite the opposite. Without the whiners this place would be empty pretty soon as it gets quite boring after a while to read only these "Keith nailed it", "Keith was on fire last night", "great show", "great setlist", "great single", "great album", "Charlie's so cool", "Go Ronnie Go", "Ronnie is the best", "Stones are the best" - posts...
...unless one is one of the "trying a different menu at KFC proves cultural diversity" kind of guys, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 08:06 by alimente.

Date: October 31, 2012 09:11

alimente
Max'sKansasCity
Yes.

No, quite the opposite. Without the whiners this place would be empty pretty soon as it gets quite boring after a while to read only these "Keith nailed it", "Keith was on fire last night", "great show", "great setlist", "great single", "great album", "Charlie's so cool", "Go Ronnie Go", "Ronnie is the best", "Stones are the best" - posts...
...unless one is one of the "trying a different menu at KFC proves cultural diversity" kind of guys, of course.

It is ridiculous to say without whining and bitching that this place would be boring, that is a very pessimistic/negative attitude and it is sad to think someone couldnt carry on a conversation without whining about everything. And to whine about about the same things over and over like set lists, and Keiths playing or how Ronnie is not as good as Mick Taylor... as if bitching about it incessantly will change anything ....THAT is boring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 09:14 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 31, 2012 09:48

I'm on this forum cause of my longtime interest of the Rolling-Stones Music.
I like to share interest in music with others and I like a good laugh.
The Stones getting older and they roll out again and it's not gonna be like the Sixties-Seventies-Eighties-Nineties, This is the Year 2012!

I like constructive critisism but some of the posts went over the top into too much negativity!

Stones Music listener

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 31, 2012 09:57

Max'sKansasCity

I think you Max, with respect, seem to think The Stones as a 'living and breathing band', as any contemporary act, and you 'follow' that, while me thinks that this idea is mostly just an illussion what some (quite many though) Stones fans love to cheer in their minds, and not really wanting to face the reality.

Yeah, they do 'exist' still in some sense of the word, and surely their recent actions stir up some hectic moments here, but most of it is just history. The fact that, say, The Beatles. Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis or whoever passed yaers ago, doesn' 'exist' any longer, does not prevent them having very lively conversation fan boards, where every one is a passionate fan, no matter probably never seen their heroes alive, or as a 'contemporary' act, or thinking ever seeing again. Some of these 'dead' acts have bigger sites and fanbases than 'our' band has.

So, I guess you guess my point: the Stones mostly are like that as well. It doesn't matter if one just loves, say, 'Brian Jones' or 'Mick Taylor' era, or, why not, 'Vegas era', that alone is a reason - or a passion - to take part in a Rolling Stones discussion board. The common sense alone says that if a band has a half century history - incredible amount of years if one really thinks about that! - and most of the most lasting and praised yaers happened some forty years ago, it is natural that there is not one perspective or view to 'see' the band. No, we have here fans from different generations, and from differtent parts of world, and there is no one 'truth' or 'opinion'.

What personally interests me here mostly is the discussion of their music - now and then - because this band has an incredible - the best of them all - musical and performance history, and it is really fascinating to change opinions and views of that. From fan to fan. There is so much to say, and I hope there will be more of new unseen or unheard stuff in their vaults to talk some more - the same with as many 'dead' acts. As a fan I can't remember when I've been so thrilled as during the last couple of yaers, when the vault gems have been released. I never thought I ever will see that day.

But it is also great, of course, to have new stuff as well, and then create an opinion of that, no matter how critical it will be (as far is honest). And I really enjoy "Doom & Gloom", and it is nice to see them doing some gigs again. Surely I'd been thrilled to be in that first Paris gig (never seen them in such a small club, and so back-to-basics-form), but I'm not thrilled at all seeing them in London or New Jersey. To pay, say, 600 bucks or whatever of that 'nostalgia session' - to see two hours of some rare glimpses of the past glory of my old heroes, and which I have experienced countless times already - it is not a waste of time, but just a waste of money.

In the end, this all needs to be fun - with that I totally agree with you - and I have said a couple of times here that when the day comes that I don't enjoy The Rolling Stones any longer, or writing about them here, that will be the end, and I would not be "wasting" my time here, for sure.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 10:18 by Doxa.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 31, 2012 10:00

As a fanboy I don't say that all Rolling Stones music is equally good, but it is always, almost always interesting. Even TATTOO YOU! And I don't agree to any "Las Vegas era"-theory of the latter years, because I hold a version of a multi peak perspective on the band's career. Even if some output would have been better if they have been better to cooperate during periods of time, and might have been better if their fanbase had let them develop by receiving the newer musical material with more interest and enthousiasm, instead of craving warhorses at concerts . To a certain extent I think the various peaks of the band's career are incommensurable, even if I sometimes like to try to compare them.

If many posters, in contrast to the enjoyers of sweet nostalgia among the majority of concert goers, want to be worshippers of bitter nostalgia, instead of moving on to other experiences outside the Stones, that is their privileged choice. However, it is not inspiring for my listening to Rolling Stones music to read too much of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-18 14:36 by Witness.

Date: October 31, 2012 10:10

One bummer that happens here is when someone starts an easy going, positive thread and a couple of people are posting and having a good time with it, saying how they enjoyed something, some album or song... AND BAM!!!! Someone feels compelled to come crashing in SAYING NO!!!! THAT SUCKS!!!!! or RONNIE SUCKS!!! or THE STONES HAVE SUCKED SINCE TAYLOR LEFT!!! or THE STONES HAVE SUCKED SINCE 1972!!! Or some other nasty one liner.

As if they are obligated to get on a soap box and spout their opinion and nasty attitude, AND IT MUST BE TOLD RIGHT NOW!!! That they must convey to everyone to REALIZE THAT THEY SUCK!!! RAAAARRR!!! THEY HAVE SUCKED SINCE 1972!!! or THAT SONG ALWASY SUCKED!!!!! or THAT ALBUM SUCKS!!!!! and they just say it over and over and over.... it serves no useful purpose, except for someone who may be mad at their day or life, or girl/boy friend and they just want to go vent on the internet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 10:14 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 31, 2012 10:11

jamesfdouglas
StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
The whining really takes away some of the joy of being a Stones fan, especially now in these exciting times

then it IS working! coolio!

>grinning smiley<

Sorry Dandelion, people will post their opinions here. You can't control that. So stop trying. I don't agree with all of the posts by the musically-stunted blind/deaf cheerleaders of what has devolved into an absolute circus of a "band". But I wouldn't dare make a post telling tehm to stop it.

If you don't like the negativity here, maybe it's time you re-evaluated the situation. We're not failing you... The Stones are already doing that. If the posts from people with objective opinions are denting away at your fantasy view of these rich old dirtbags, maybe this isn't the place for you anymore if you can't take us calling them out on it.

Where did I say that people couldn't post their opinions here? On the contrary, I said people could post what they want, and that I'll always respect opinions confused smiley

And WHY shouldn't I express my opinion when I feel the whining competely takes over the joy of being a fan when the Stones finally roll again?

I think you in particular should re-evaluate what you are contributing to this board - that's my opinion.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 31, 2012 10:20

This is funnier than a sitcom!

Date: October 31, 2012 10:27

over and over and over and over and over the same whines.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 10:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home