Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: Anyone else tired of the whiners?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 1, 2012 00:56

LOL!!! Its like a train wrecking... hard to watch... hard to not.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 1, 2012 01:56

Now that this thread about IORR posters has been posted to the tune of 10 pages, it's time to stop whining about those who whine and to stop whining about those who whine about whining and time to start naming usernames. Let's have a top 10 [or 20] list of whiners by username along with excerpts from their whiny posts, with an award of a pacifier, applesauce and plastic spoon to the whiniest whiner with the whiniest post, as voted on by those who whine about the whiners of course.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 1, 2012 01:59

Is there a prize?

A bottle of whine?

Date: November 1, 2012 02:17

No offense to anyone, but I am not sure a top whiners list is a good idea, it probably woouldnt end well... and the backlash could be worse.... besides I dont want to insult anyone who has not insulted me first. But I am not telling anyone what to do or not do... so have at it boys, but for the record I am not playing... so later NO ONE better yell at me for it... besides I am not one for lists... they change too much.

Date: November 1, 2012 02:17

Oh, and just to weigh in on a couple of points as posted above, flatulence should never be prevented [by such products as Beano] as it can always come in handy when you need to clear out seating space on crowded public transit.

Also, there are in fact 3 sides of a coin--the surrounding outer edge, that holds the other 2 sides together.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2012 03:22

Max'sKansasCity
I LOVE Russell Stover's candy...IT IS THE BEST!!!!

I'm eating snack sized coffee crisps...I hope that doesn't keep me up tonight!

Date: November 1, 2012 03:25

Max'sKansasCity
No offense to anyone, but I am not sure a top whiners list is a good idea, it probably woouldnt end well... and the backlash could be worse.... besides I dont want to insult anyone who has not insulted me first. But I am not telling anyone what to do or not do... so have at it boys, but for the record I am not playing... so later NO ONE better yell at me for it... besides I am not one for lists... they change too much.

OMG, you're whining about the list!?!

I think you need to go out trick or treating!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 1, 2012 03:43

What about a top list of incredibly stupid posts?

Date: November 1, 2012 03:58

According to some, whiners are bad for business:

"Ten reasons why winners hold positive advantage over whiners"

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/print-edition/2011/01/07/ten-reasons-why-winners-hold-positive.html

However, according to reason 9 ["Winners can have what they want. Whiners want what they cannot have."], this would apply to those who complain about the whiners, who want what they cannot have [to be rid of the whiners] and therefore become whiners themselves by definition.

Perhaps this business model does not apply to IORR.

Nevermind, then. Carry on. Forget I posted anything. I'll just put some popcorn on the stove and go back to lurking....

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 1, 2012 07:37

tomcat2006
People, let's please have no more about:

- The Stones are greedy. Hey, they're just charging what they can to do what they do. They don't owe the public anything

The promoters are greedy. They do owe the public their best, that is what they pay for.

- The set list is boring. They haven't even started to tour properly yet and we don't like the choice of songs already! This is a problem of the internet era not the band

It is. The rehearsal songs tell the story.

- Keith is not up to it. Probably true but being nearly 70 and after a few strokes, what do we expect? I saw Ronnie playing a few months ago and he is on fire. He can handle the main guitar duties, no problem

Too much noodling. Lost that hard edge.

- They play too many warhorses. They're playing for the wider audience not just us so get over it

That is a fact. Ask Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, etc...

- They should do an album of old blues. ZZzzzz

They should perform some of their albums in its entirety. You can't be called the greatest if you can't do that.

Reading this board sometimes is depressing.

Only if you don't have a life.

Thank you - over & out.

Date: November 1, 2012 11:29

alimente

Good idea!

And the posts about the Stones never would be performing again, due to the harm Keith caused with his book, should be framed in and put on the front page of iorr.org thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 1, 2012 13:02

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
I LOVE Russell Stover's candy...IT IS THE BEST!!!!

I'm eating snack sized coffee crisps...I hope that doesn't keep me up tonight!

Send me all your licorice, I'm the licorice lady in my house. I have a chocolate hanger this morning.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:51

Like Munich Hilton I also prefer cheese with my whine! If there's a cheerleader around she's welcome to join me...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 1, 2012 18:10

DandelionPowderman
alimente

Good idea!

And the posts about the Stones never would be performing again, due to the harm Keith caused with his book, should be framed in and put on the front page of iorr.org thumbs up

Sure. Put that alongside the posts about Mick Taylor never being allowed to record with the Stones again, before Plundered My Soul was released.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 1, 2012 18:15

71Tele
DandelionPowderman
alimente

Good idea!

Sure. Put that alongside the posts about Mick Taylor never being allowed to record with the Stones again, before Plundered My Soul was released.

and the "Mick would never stoop to doing Stones duets with Christin Aggul-whatever and Justin Timberlake...or partying with Justin Bieber."

Date: November 1, 2012 19:22

71Tele
DandelionPowderman
alimente

Good idea!

Deal!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:14

And the posts about the Stones never would be performing again, due to the harm Keith caused with his book, should be framed in and put on the front page of iorr.org

WOW!
Some people either blind or stubborn to an incredible degree. Richards had to apologize to make any band's activity possible - and not once but twice - in person to Mick's face and then publicly.

"One prerequisite for the Rolling Stones' reunion was an apology from Richards to Jagger for the stream of insults the guitarist included in Life, his bestselling 2011 memoir. "He did apologize, to my face," says Jagger quietly. "So you have to put all that sort of stuff away."
[www.rollingstone.com]

hbwriter
"and yeah LIFE caused more problems than they are even admitting - inside source as close as it gets and it is bullet proof...
on source - that apology had to be in person and *specific* to certain topics - if it did not happen - there would be ZERO as a band"
[www.iorr.org]

But the assertion that Life did not cause any harm and Richards comments only show the depth of his friendship - this is the height of stupidity.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:23

proudmary
But the assertion that Life did not cause any harm and Richards comments only show the depth of his friendship - this is the height of stupidity.

That's Life...that's what the people say...or something....

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:29

StonesTod
proudmary

We are two guys divided by Life...or something

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:46

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 1, 2012 22:51

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 1, 2012 22:58

DandelionPowderman
alimente

Good idea!

I hear ya DP, good call.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 1, 2012 23:12

gotdablouse

What's General Buck chewing on?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 1, 2012 23:50

alimente

OK, you just nominated yourself smiling smiley
smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 2, 2012 02:10

If I'm understanding this correctly, some morons want:

A forum about musicians where you don't actually discuss how well the musicians play.

Such silliness - what else interests you? Their tight trousers?

Date: November 2, 2012 02:13

drbryant
If I'm understanding this correctly, some morons want:

A forum about musicians where you don't actually discuss how well the musicians play.

Such silliness - what else interests you? Their tight trousers?

You cant tell the difference between a whine and a discussion?

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: November 2, 2012 02:24

George C. Scott was not a winer, he preferred something a tad stronger.

Date: November 2, 2012 04:15

proudmary
StonesTod
proudmary

We are two guys divided by Life...or something

good use of the 'or something' PM.

Thanks for posting that earlier bitch-slap BTW, PM...I had to restrain myself from responding to that moronic observation about the impact of LIFE...you were succinct and effective in your evisceration.

Date: November 2, 2012 04:18

Date: November 2, 2012 09:35

The Stones are playing again - happy times! smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home