Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 15
Re: Anyone else tired of the whiners?
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 31, 2012 15:56

treaclefingers
Glancing through this thread, and seeing the attempted analysis of 'whiners' makes me realize that I prefer the whiners.

Good for you. Pull up a chair and stay a while.
People like us know when we're being short changed by the Greatest Rock n Roll Band in The Corporate World

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 31, 2012 15:57

Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
But what is it when one person expresses his/her joy about a video clip, and another poster ridicule the former poster?

Yeah, it is expressing an opinion about someone else's opinion (or joy), but, most of all, showing disrespect and acting stupidly. We are here entering to the realm of good/bad manners

Very well said. There is a major difference between being critical about something and simply trying to take the joy away from someone.

and that difference is....?

Date: October 31, 2012 16:00

StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
But what is it when one person expresses his/her joy about a video clip, and another poster ridicule the former poster?

Yeah, it is expressing an opinion about someone else's opinion (or joy), but, most of all, showing disrespect and acting stupidly. We are here entering to the realm of good/bad manners

Very well said. There is a major difference between being critical about something and simply trying to take the joy away from someone.

Manners

Date: October 31, 2012 16:02

GravityBoy
Someone deleted the "'What if....' in a small font" thread.

what if...there's nobody to whine in iorr, does it make a noise? hmmm?

Date: October 31, 2012 16:02

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Glancing through this thread, and seeing the attempted analysis of 'whiners' makes me realize that I prefer the whiners.

Good for you. Pull up a chair and stay a while.
People like us know when we're being short changed by the Greatest Rock n Roll Band in The Corporate World

so you're a whinerite, eh?

Date: October 31, 2012 16:03

DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Manners

manners are overrated. rudeness is the key to a thriving messageboard.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 31, 2012 16:06

There are two sides of a coin. If we were only allowed to express one side of that coin then this place would be very boring. Not every song or lick or album or music video or whatever that The Stones create is going to be brilliant. Is it the ones that think that everything their favourite band does and touches is gold and therefore get a little too sensitive towards any criticism towards their favourite band?

Who cares. Be critical. Love. Do whatever you want. It's the internet. Don't take it so personally!

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 31, 2012 16:07

StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Manners

either rudeness or being called a 'troll' for stating my opinion... 'get back in yer cave...troll'...

Date: October 31, 2012 16:12

cowboytoast
StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Manners

either rudeness or being called a 'troll' for stating my opinion... 'get back in yer cave...troll'...

those are some of the best posts ever.

it's a proven fact that messageboards that feature an abundance of politeness and manners almost never last beyond a few months.

name-calling and pettiness are at a premium here, folks. please do your part.

Date: October 31, 2012 16:27

StonesTod
cowboytoast
StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Manners

it's a proven fact that messageboards that feature an abundance of politeness and manners almost never last beyond a few months.

yes...there is a certain sense of acheivement and hilarity when being called a troll...at least it's not the BOC board...i saw one guy go haywire and threaten physical violence...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 31, 2012 16:31

StonesTod
cowboytoast
StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Manners

Irony is always welcome in my book, which is what I believe you thrive on StonesTod. The problem with the internet is it's difficult to know without facial expressions or tone of voice whether or not someone is being serious or joking around and that can sometimes get you into trouble. winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 31, 2012 16:58

The next conceptual confusion to figure out is the one between "whining" and "being a troll"... are those two related?... Hmm... or are these just different stages of same phenomenon, and one leads to another... hmmm... hmmm...

(1) being critical
|
|
v
(2) whining
|
|
v
(3) being a troll (the ultimate form of IORR credibility)

Is there any way to go? Or still to go? Ho far can you go??!!

Probably only one possibilty left... the walk, no the very JUMP to the wild side!

Everybody ready?

Okay let's jump!!!!

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v
(4) StonesTod

- Doxa

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 31, 2012 17:04

Doxa, you forgot Getting Banned.

Date: October 31, 2012 17:07

latebloomer
StonesTod
cowboytoast
StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Manners

Irony is always welcome in my book, which is what I believe you thrive on StonesTod. The problem with the internet is it's difficult to know without facial expressions or tone of voice whether or not someone is being serious or joking around and that can sometimes get you into trouble. winking smiley

my tone is...atonal...or something. i do make faces sometimes while posting, but that's usual due to some gastrointestinal issues. and i'm always serious as a heart attack. you think heart attacks aren't serious? they can be deadly business.

Date: October 31, 2012 17:08

Green Lady
Doxa, you forgot Getting Banned.

Hmmm yeah, probably between stages (3) and (4)... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: October 31, 2012 17:16

StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
cowboytoast
StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Manners

my tone is...atonal...or something. i do make faces sometimes while posting, but that's usual due to some gastrointestinal issues. and i'm always serious as a heart attack. you think heart attacks aren't serious? they can be deadly business.

StonesTod has the lucky, but well-earned privileged and unique position here that he doesn't need to use those stupid faces, unlike the rest of us. He is always ironical. But don't try that at home, kids! The guy is a pro. You will get yourselves into trouble!

Oh, I forget: grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 17:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 31, 2012 17:20

Can you all stop with the science behind it all and just get back to whining? We got some space to fill...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2012 17:22

Hmm, as one of the perceived "whiners" I want to say that there a few folks here who simply cannot tolerate any criticism (no matter how accurate or well-intentioned) of their precious Rolling Stones. These are people who sincerely believe that every note Keith Richards plays today is as good as it was in 1972, that ABB was just as good as Sticky Fingers, and that Chuck is as great as Nicky Hopkins. To say otherwise is to "take away their joy" or not be a "real fan" - or worse that you "hate" the band (something someone here has constantly accused me of). Reminds me of some baseball fans I know who defend the local team even when their hitters can't hit, pitchers can't pitch, manager can't manage, and they are stuck in last place (to make the analogy complete they also have the highest ticket prices in the league). Now, if my favorite team suffered from these maladies, would I stop loving them? No, but I also wouldn't pretend they were the greatest team in the majors and claim they were just fine. I would point out their difficiencies, as well as any opportunities they mighty have to improve.

Who is worse than "the whiners"? Those who constantly whine about them!

Date: October 31, 2012 17:31

i'd just like to say: MY san francisco giants can hit, can pitch and can manage. i'm now getting sick of them, cos it was a lot more fun when they didn't win world championships every other year.

i just wanted to say that.

Date: October 31, 2012 17:31

StonesTod

Too much Texas BBQ...

Date: October 31, 2012 17:32

StonesTod
i'd just like to say: MY san francisco giants can hit, can pitch and can manage. i'm now getting sick of them, cos it was a lot more fun when they didn't win world championships every other year.

Pity me. I'm a NY Mets fan...

Date: October 31, 2012 17:33

71Tele
StonesTod

Pity me. I'm a NY Mets fan...

yeah...but you are lucky in that you get to whine. my only whine is that they didn't win it all in 2011. prolly cos buster got busted up or something.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 31, 2012 17:38

Is more than fine that people have their opinion and say whatever they feel about the new song, the setlist, the new album or lack of, if they wear robes or whatever....

What I don't understand is why those of us that decided to burn a hole in their pants are treated like idiots, or since we have a ticket or two we are not 'real' or 'hard core' fans. Is like to be a fan one should not be able to afford a f*#{g ticket.

Say what you want but leave us alone. All those of us who, like me have been saving for the last three years to attend a Rolling Stones concert want only to have fun and enjoy the band as long as possible (and we all knew thet were playing again).

That's why I don't call them whinners, because I don't like them calling me stupid, and that's a two way street.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: October 31, 2012 17:47

leteyer
Is more than fine that people have their opinion and say whatever they feel about the new song, the setlist, the new album or lack of, if they wear robes or whatever....

What I don't understand is why those of us that decided to burn a hole in their pants are treated like idiots, or since we have a ticket or two we are not 'real' or 'hard core' fans. Is like to be a fan one should not be able to afford a f*#{g ticket.

X-Pensive Whiners unite!

(edit: opps I forgotdrinking smileysmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 17:48 by andrewt.

Date: October 31, 2012 17:53

leteyer
That's why I don't call them whiners, because I don't like them calling me stupid, and that's a two way street.

let's make a deal....you call me a whiner and i call you stupid and we both find a way to carry on with our pathetic lives, k?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 31, 2012 17:57

Actually, it's not a 2 way street.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()

StonesTod
let's make a deal....you call me a whiner and i call you stupid and we both find a way to carry on with our pathetic lives, k?

This deserves to be made into a fridge magnet.

hey did you guys hear that lame-o version of Jumpin' Jack Flash from the other night???....the Stones really suck now... drinking smiley

Date: October 31, 2012 18:02

GravityBoy
StonesTod

This deserves to be made into a fridge magnet.

ummm...that's where i got this from already....hello?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:04

71Tele
Hmm, as one of the perceived "whiners" I want to say that there a few folks here who simply cannot tolerate any criticism (no matter how accurate or well-intentioned) of their precious Rolling Stones. These are people who sincerely believe that every note Keith Richards plays today is as good as it was in 1972, that ABB was just as good as Sticky Fingers, and that Chuck is as great as Nicky Hopkins. To say otherwise is to "take away their joy" or not be a "real fan" - or worse that you "hate" the band (something someone here has constantly accused me of). Reminds me of some baseball fans I know who defend the local team even when their hitters can't hit, pitchers can't pitch, manager can't manage, and they are stuck in last place (to make the analogy complete they also have the highest ticket prices in the league). Now, if my favorite team suffered from these maladies, would I stop loving them? No, but I also wouldn't pretend they were the greatest team in the majors and claim they were just fine. I would point out their difficiencies, as well as any opportunities they mighty have to improve.

Who is worse than "the whiners"? Those who constantly whine about them!
thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home