Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 43
Re: Rolling stones secret gig In Paris
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 26, 2012 12:04

Sister Marie
toomuchforme
Guess what ? Security let 50 persons without tix getting in at 7pm
Watch BFM tv report
I left the place at 6.45 ... confused smiley
J'ai vu ça hier soir aussi, toujours pas décoléré, ce sont les 50 places qui auraient suffit à faire plus d'heureux parmi les honnêtes gens refoulés au Virgin après 5 heures de queue.

Speaking of honest people, look at the 2nd video of this news: a guy admits the cheating to be here, he didn't even ashamed, WTF?

[www.leparisien.fr]

J'espérais qu'avec mon N° sur le poignet ... mais je n'ai pas été assez persévérant

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: October 26, 2012 12:06

1h20 DE BONHEUR;LE SHOW ETAIT PARFAIT ET KEITH EST APTE SANS PROBLEME;
ROUTE66 COMES LIKE A TSUNAMI !
DOOM AND GLOOM WAS PERFECT TOO.
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER WAS VERY SLOW AT THE BEGINING
ULTRA ENERGIZED SHOW
IT IS MY N° 128 AND IF ITS THE LAST....

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: October 26, 2012 12:08

Sounds like a great show and an excellent high energy set list. I'm jealous! Love that they're doing Route 66 and MR - the highlight of B2B tour for me was these two songs on Bstage at Wembley.

Do we know if the horns and backing will be there for the Arenas seeing as they were missing at this gig?

Date: October 26, 2012 12:09

JMARCOU
1h20 DE BONHEUR;LE SHOW ETAIT PARFAIT ET KEITH EST APTE SANS PROBLEME;
ROUTE66 COMES LIKE A TSUNAMI !
DOOM AND GLOOM WAS PERFECT TOO.
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER WAS VERY SLOW AT THE BEGINING
ULTRA ENERGIZED SHOW
IT IS MY N° 128 AND IF ITS THE LAST....

here you are again. I was sure you would be there.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 26, 2012 12:10

DandelionPowderman
beepee2
liddas

Best Whip since 81!

C

eye rolling smiley

Here we go, best JJF since 72 and best Brown Sugar ever, I imagine...

But it's true. Whip hasn't been very well played since 81.

I agree with Dandie. The problem with "Whip" and other 'fast' SOME GIRLS numbers is that they are rather simple songs, which need a lot of attitude, band effort, and most of al, strong guitar work to really work (not the forte of 'modern' Stones). And I think it has been typically with those numbers where the effect of the decreased skills or efforts of their maestro guitarist shows, and the band falls with him. No matter how much Jagger pushes, if the band don't smoke, his efforts do not save the song.

But what I can hear and see in this clip (not much), things sound a bit better. Keith at least looks concentrated and more rhythm-oriented.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-26 12:12 by Doxa.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 26, 2012 12:11

@sister marie - yes I saw that, how shocking that this guy would admit to having cheated...At the bar I bumped into the guy who had snatched Mick's pick (and the setlist as well) and he said he's paid €300 for a voucher, wonder if it was a real voucher or one of the counterfeit ones. What red number where you Marie ?

Well, well, well...hard to get over it, did it really happen? Hell YES !

A few pics I took :

First in line (made it as #4 and #5 in the place) thanks to Angel Pat ;-)

Lots of TV Crews :

Angel Pat and friends :

Packing up the equipment :

Outside the venue

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: October 26, 2012 12:23

both songs worked great!
I guess a little bit slower than the originals but sure they cooked!!!
very happy, indeed
ciao
m.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 26, 2012 12:27

Too much piano on Whip.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: October 26, 2012 12:28

Shattered and Whip sounds very good, like the 81 tour!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 26, 2012 12:30

partnerincrime
both songs worked great!
m.

Unfortunately can't say that of "Shattered" but of, course, better not to make hasty judgements from the base of that clip.

- Doxa

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: October 26, 2012 12:40

Nice seeing them playing together, even at slower tempo.

Performance and presence suffers from ennuyé, as to be expected from phoning-it-in gigs. Expect more of the same...

The performance and interest would benefit HUGELY with Mick Taylor on guitar, Ron Wood on bass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-26 12:41 by paulm.

Date: October 26, 2012 12:55

whole thing recorded. Can we hope a release ?
I guess a kind of box set like 2003 one could be great
Trabendo + Mogador + nov 1 + some parts of London & Us shows.

Date: October 26, 2012 13:02

paulm
Nice seeing them playing together, even at slower tempo.

Performance and presence suffers from ennuyé, as to be expected from phoning-it-in gigs. Expect more of the same...

The performance and interest would benefit HUGELY with Mick Taylor on guitar, Ron Wood on bass.

Don't be so sure...

BTW, there was no phoning-it-in here.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 26, 2012 13:13

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Rolling Stones play surprise gig in Paris
By Maddy Savage

The Rolling Stones have performed to 350 fans in Paris after announcing a surprise gig on Twitter. It was their first concert since 2007, and came ahead of 50th anniversary shows in London and New York.

Playing for almost an hour and a half, the band rattled through hits like It's Only Rock and Roll and Brown Sugar.

"I can't believe we're all still standing up," joked Mick Jagger. "You'd think by now one or two of us would be sitting down, but we're not."

Tickets to the event at Le Trabendo club in Paris cost £12, selling out within minutes. By contrast, seeing the band at London's O2 Arena in November could set you back £406.

The Rolling Stones are in Paris to rehearse for those arena dates and tweeted that last night's performance would be a "short warm-up gig". They played fan favourites including Route 66 and Miss You, as well as their latest single Doom and Gloom, which peaked at number 97 in the UK's Official Singles Chart.

Fans Don Device and Robert Blalack were amongst the crowd. "It seemed like it was their fifth or sixth performance, they still had the enthusiasm and the thrill of enjoying the audience reaction, even after 50 years," said Mr Blalack.
"Actually, after tonight, I think that they have got a long time in front of them," added Mr Device. "They were much more tight [tonight]. I saw them for the first time in 1979 - worst concert I have ever seen. Tonight - amazing! I saw younger men tonight than I saw in 1979."

Le Trabendo has previously hosted famous names including Metallica, Arctic Monkeys and the Neptunes. But the Rolling Stones are the biggest band to perform there. The venue has a capacity for 700 people and the crowd was also made up of the band's friends and colleagues from the music industry.
Rolling Stones fan Tickets for the "warm-up gig" sold out within minutes.

"We really lucked out," said one fan from San Francisco, who had secured a ticket because her husband's former boss works for the Stones. "I have seen them before, but it has been in larger arenas with 40 thousand people, and [in] such a small club it was incredible. They played all the hits. Brown Sugar was still my favourite."

Johan Anssens said he had waited in the cold for three and a half hours to buy his £12 ticket after he read about the gig on Twitter. He said he didn't feel sorry for fans in Britain and the United States, who are being charged much steeper prices for the band's 50th anniversary tour dates. "I don't have a job so I wouldn't be able to go if I had to pay the same price as in London," he said.

"But here I could afford it, so I think it is very democratic. I love the Rolling Stones and I had an amazing night."

Some fans said that they had got in for free after organisers granted last-minute entry to those who had been unsuccessful queuing for tickets earlier in the day.
"They let about fifty extra people in, of all ages, and we did some very loud clapping!" said one man, who was wearing a backstage pass.
Ronnie Wood The Rolling Stones will play four arena gigs in London next month and New York in December. "Don't worry, I don't work for the Stones, I picked this up on the floor as a memento!" he laughed.

Guitarist Ronnie Wood had earlier hinted that the band could perform in Paris. He told NME magazine that there were "going to be little club gigs that we're gonna surprise ourselves to do as well… I don't know who we'll be billed as but we'll turn up somewhere and put a few to the test. Tiny, 200, 300 people kind of places."

There will be a second private gig on Monday funded by investment company Carmignac Gestion for their employees.

Fans at last nights gig said there were already rumours of further possible concerts in the French capital next week as the band continue to prepare for their major shows.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 26, 2012 13:15

razorback9200
beepee2
liddas

Best Whip since 81!

C

eye rolling smiley

Here we go, best JJF since 72 and best Brown Sugar ever, I imagine...

smiling smiley

Nowadays the problem isn't knowing if it's the best , just being sure it's not the worst !
smileys with beer

Posted by: Richards1978 ()
Date: October 26, 2012 13:26

toomuchforme

Nov 1 ?

Date: October 26, 2012 13:28

The Stones did ONE show in 1979, and Mr. Device in the interview was right, judging from the boot I have it was pretty bad...

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 26, 2012 13:31

GravityBoy
Too much piano on Whip.

As long as the guitars are banging away, there is no such thing as too much
piano (as long as its kept down in the mix). Its the Nicky Hopkins approach,
and I thought Chuck did it very well on Whip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-26 13:34 by superrevvy.

Date: October 26, 2012 13:36

paulm
Performance and presence suffers from ennuyé, as to be expected from phoning-it-in gigs

WTF ?! I suspect Keith would have ripped you open on the spot last night if you had howled "stop phoning it in guys" within hearing distance.

Seriously, seeing Mick working the stage 2 meters in front of you is absolutely mind boggling, words don't even begin to describe it. Thinking about the whole experience yesterday nearly makes a grown man...seems like a lifetime ago, when I first bumped into my dad's EPs, Mother's Little Helper, and Singles, JJF...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-26 13:37 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 26, 2012 13:42

Richards1978
toomuchforme

Nov 1 ?

rumour but... Trianon ? New Morning ? available venues...

Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: October 26, 2012 13:45

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 26, 2012 13:48

toomuchforme
Richards1978
toomuchforme

Nov 1 ?

rumour but... Trianon ? New Morning ? available venues...
I started a thread about the rumor of a next public show here [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 26, 2012 13:55

It is good to hear that there wasn't the Rolling Stones Big Band on stage, but only six musicians. Even more I would like if they say goodbye to their "musical director" eventually, tingle-tangle-Chuck ...

Date: October 26, 2012 14:00

Ain't gonna happen and while I've never been a big fan of his, seeing him up close last night and interacting with the band, Mick especially, made him more "likable", humble guy happy to be there to make it happen.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 26, 2012 14:05

Some severe critics concerning their scheduled investment fund-concert on Monday in German: [www.spiegel.de]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 26, 2012 14:08

Date: October 26, 2012 14:16

gotdablouse
Ain't gonna happen and while I've never been a big fan of his, seeing him up close last night and interacting with the band, Mick especially, made him more "likable", humble guy happy to be there to make it happen.

Very true. The same show from the bottom is not the same as close to the stage. Same for the concert recording (you have RE-discovered the LA FRIDAY show since it is a perfect soundboard release)

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 26, 2012 14:47

Thanks to everybody who sent reports and pictures etc.

Sounds a fantastic night and just plain jealous of you all Haha thumbs up

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 26, 2012 14:55

Guitars seem quite good on this first video, steady rhythm playing and that's something Keith didn't really focus on during the last tour. Hoping for more vids soon!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 26, 2012 15:10

GravityBoy
Too much piano on Whip.

Yes! Irritated me right from the start!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home