Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 15
Re: Stones rumored to play Olympics Closing Ceremony
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 12, 2012 02:09

thumbs up
Havo
I am sure, that The ROLLING STONES perform on the 12th of august

They will do---"SISTER MORPHINE"

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 12, 2012 02:12

StonesTod
i refuse to believe anybody believes anything i say

I believe you

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 12, 2012 02:13

StonesTod
i refuse to believe anybody believes anything i say
i dont refuse not to believe that.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 12, 2012 02:16

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 12, 2012 03:00

The Wick
What I love about this is how this show how unbelievably crap modern journalism is. It is based on reading complete bullshit on the web. People either want to drum up interest in their stories by throwing names around or organizers of events say things to have people tune in. And then all sorts of supposedly credible sources start spewing total crap. Have they bothered calling the Stones office or digging to get reliable info before publishing this crap. Is Keith even in the UK? I'm not saying it's impossible but it seems unlikely and besides, people care about the opening not the closing. If the band was not performance ready, what has happened in the past two weeks that makes them performance ready? If they do perform, way to blow another opportunity and not perform in the opening. McCartney was unbearably bad. I'm waiting for the Stones to hit the stage with Take That. We already had Justin Timberlake, let's just top it off with another round of embarrassing crap.

worlds' record for the most prolific use of the word 'CRAP' in a Stones' post...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 12, 2012 03:08

rebelrebel
GravityBoy
It won't happen unless they mime the backing.

The Spice Girls will mime for sure.

God.. think of all those egos fighting for closing spot.

The mind boggles.

smiling bouncing smiley for the last line!

Not so sure about the Spice Girls miming - they haven't done so in the past. I do agree that the Stones would need Keith's part mimed though, or someone playing under the stage. Seriously, I just hope they never take to the stage again.

They did on the Brit Awards the time Geri wore the Union Jack skirt. They were the only band who didnt perform live.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 12, 2012 05:54

I don't know.. but i've this good feeling about the closing ceremony involving The Stones or just Mick.I'll sooner see them perform at the closing when everyone is more relaxed and in a party mood.
But what a great Olympics its been Great Britain has done itself proud thats for sure.smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: August 12, 2012 09:39

I believe Mick is going to sing "Some Girls".

True story.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: August 12, 2012 09:50

You mean one of them will not be at a surprise club show in New Jersey Sunday night ?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 12, 2012 11:31

colonial
I don't know.. but i've this good feeling about the closing ceremony involving The Stones or just Mick.I'll sooner see them perform at the closing when everyone is more relaxed and in a party mood.
But what a great Olympics its been Great Britain has done itself proud thats for sure.smoking smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 12, 2012 11:34

yeah yeah, they will be there.......................
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Mick sipping champagne and smoking reefer.
jeroen

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 12, 2012 11:49

For the surprise acts my money is on The Stones,Mick and more of James Bond for the closing.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 12, 2012 15:14

....if Keith Richards shows up it would be an ultimate capitulation to one of the things he has most stood against his entire life... aquiescing to the establishment...the Queen will be there for sure..just sayin'.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 12, 2012 15:42

Look what I just saw ...

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 12, 2012 15:54

Rip This
....if Keith Richards shows up it would be an ultimate capitulation to one of the things he has most stood against his entire life... aquiescing to the establishment...the Queen will be there for sure..just sayin'.

The Stones are establishment!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 12, 2012 16:00

Harm
Rip This

The Stones are establishment!!

i thought that had already firmly been established. this is the bieber-fever gen now....

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 12, 2012 16:02

It will never happen,Mick won't go into an event of that magnitude "cold" with a couple of rehearsals,and no club gig to get their chops,it just wishful thinking...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 12, 2012 16:04

Has anybody seen Keith boarding a plane?

Date: August 12, 2012 16:07

Rip This

Funny!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 12, 2012 16:08

not happening!

Date: August 12, 2012 16:12

Munichhilton
Has anybody seen Keith boarding a plane?

no, but i once heard him driving one...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 12, 2012 16:14

Check this out for an idea, Lennon hologram....Tupac style
They could do it. They have the money...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 12, 2012 16:18

Rolling Hansie
Look what I just saw ...

I want one of those, where do I get one ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 12, 2012 16:21

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 12, 2012 16:41

Gazza
Rip This

Funny!

Acquiescing is the word, isn't it? I don't know what a guy who does ads for Louis Vuitton and photo shoots for Vogue stands for really. Bourgeois bohemian chic maybe? I have never heard the guy utter a political thought in his entire life. He stands for nothing but a senescent rock and roll lifestyle. Whatever that implies in year 2012?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-12 17:30 by Stoneage.

Date: August 12, 2012 16:52

Stoneage
Gazza
Rip This

Funny!

Acquiescing is the word, isn't it? I don't know what a guy who does ads for Louis Vuitton and photo shoots for Vogue stands for really.

Playing private parties for billionaires and bankers? Having most of the best tickets at your shows siphoned off for corporate sponsors?

Quite the revolutionary there, indeed!

I love how - just because Keith comes out with some media-friendly soundbite about Mick's knighthood - some Stones fans seem to blindly accept it's still 1967 and that the band haven't changed in ANY way since!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 12, 2012 16:55

Stoneage

Acquiescing is the word, isn't it? I don't know what a guy who does ads for Louis Vuitton and photo shoots for Vogue stands for really. Bourgeois bohemian chic maybe? I have never heard the guy utter a political thought in his entire life. He stands for nothing but an senescent rock and roll lifestyle. Whatever that implies in year 2012?

oh he's political...re: the Vuitton ads.....Keith's fees were a donation.

As in the first wave of the campaign, Louis Vuitton is making a donation to The Climate Project, spearheaded by Nobel Peace Prize winner Al Gore, on behalf of Keith Richards.
The visual, the first in a new series of portraits of exceptional people, will appear in major international titles from April 2008 as part of Louis Vuitton's continuing core values advertising campaign.

Date: August 12, 2012 17:00

Gazza
some Stones fans seem to blindly accept it's still 1967 and that the band haven't changed in ANY way since!

streets of love woulda fit nicely on between the buttons...prolly between buttons 3 and 4....

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 12, 2012 17:03

NO WAY...

Posted by: NWSooner ()
Date: August 12, 2012 17:11

I don't think the Boy's are playing, however I bet most IORR members will either be watching live or have the DVR set to record just in case, thats my nickel's worth!

NWSooner

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home