Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15
Re: Stones rumored to play Olympics Closing Ceremony
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 11, 2012 00:27

Keith could light his cigarette and then put of the flame.
Would be a wonderful scenario.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: August 11, 2012 06:48

Outlets in the United States are starting to pick up the story tonight. As I type a story came on my tv ( I think it was Entertainment Tonight or Extra reporting the story) that the Stones were going to close out the show with a big surprise appearance.

I don't believe that the Stones will be playing, but the rumor has picked up steam in the US in the last few hours...Again, I personally don't believe this rumor to be true, but it would be cool.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: August 11, 2012 07:22

Entertainment Weekly has picked up the story now as well. They suggest/speculate that the Stones will play as well as McCartney, The Who, Elton John, The Spice Girls "members of Pink Floy" and Adele among others...Again, I highly doubt that the Stones will show considering its been five years since the last show, but it would be a nice surprise if they were there to close the show.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: August 11, 2012 08:13

Maybe there will be a revolving stage.

The Stones love revolving stages.

Posted by: 1StonesRecluse ()
Date: August 11, 2012 08:20

GravityBoy
Maybe there will be a revolving stage.

The Stones love revolving stages.

Keeping in with the Olympics theme im picking a basic looking 1960's Podium stage

<<<<<>>>>>
The Mystery Man

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 11, 2012 08:42

James Kirk
Entertainment Weekly has picked up the story now as well.

EW actually was the first place I read this story, on the 9th, [popwatch.ew.com] ... I read it and posted it in the Olympics thread [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 11, 2012 09:28

paulywaul
The way to solve this riddle is to plant a GPS tracker in BV's blue T shirt and red & black striped jacket. If either of those two items are tracked heading to east London on Saturday 12th August ....................... then it could be true !!

Anyone tracking BV's blue T shirt yet. Is it still in the washing machine ? Is it in-situ at the nearest Lutefisk restaurant to his home ? Or ........... is it on its way to sleepy ole London Town ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 11, 2012 13:05

rumours, rumours.
Come on guys, put some shows on the road and play!!
jeroen

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: August 11, 2012 14:14

What I love about this is how this show how unbelievably crap modern journalism is. It is based on reading complete bullshit on the web. People either want to drum up interest in their stories by throwing names around or organizers of events say things to have people tune in. And then all sorts of supposedly credible sources start spewing total crap. Have they bothered calling the Stones office or digging to get reliable info before publishing this crap. Is Keith even in the UK? I'm not saying it's impossible but it seems unlikely and besides, people care about the opening not the closing. If the band was not performance ready, what has happened in the past two weeks that makes them performance ready? If they do perform, way to blow another opportunity and not perform in the opening. McCartney was unbearably bad. I'm waiting for the Stones to hit the stage with Take That. We already had Justin Timberlake, let's just top it off with another round of embarrassing crap.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 11, 2012 18:57

Keef is already back home.

It wont happen
I guess there will be an announcement in 2013, january.
Jagger has said, there will be gigs in autumn, but he did not say what year specifically. he said soon.
How soon is soon?? soon is soon, and is supposed on how you reflect on time.

They keep our adreline pumping, but my fear is, nothing will happen this year. they have some rehearsals planned for october and november,
so maybe next year something will happen???

Bill and Mick taylor are on tour in october.

Ron has stated he is keeping October and November free. ofcourse, he got another girlfriend, and he has the right to enjoy.

Maybe, just maybe there will be a surprise.
But i doubt it.
One Love
Jeroen

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 11, 2012 19:02

Maybe Sir Michael will partake in some way. Or not.

Date: August 11, 2012 19:25

The least Mick could do... show up in his Knight outfit.

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: August 11, 2012 19:30

Mick Jagger: Looking forward to the last night of the Olympics, I really enjoyed my visit there. Here's the view from the vision mixing booth

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: August 11, 2012 19:37

Medzvel
Mick Jagger: Looking forward to the last night of the Olympics, I really enjoyed my visit there. Here's the view from the vision mixing booth

[www.facebook.com]

He just tweeted the same message. So, I suppose we'll get Jagger solo again.sad smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 11, 2012 19:43

Good one, Max. A knight in shining armour. Your a good guy Max (even though I will never understand your view on statistics). But that's just trifles. Let's bury the hatchet.

Date: August 11, 2012 19:48

Stoneage
Good one, Max. A knight in shining armour. Your a good guy Max (even though I will never understand your view on statistics). But that's just trifles. Let's bury the hatchet.

Hatchet buried smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-11 20:05 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 11, 2012 19:56

Amongst the many rumoured participants is Dave Gilmour and/or other Pink Floyd members. Confirmed participants are 380 London schoolchildren......Another Brick In The Wall seems likely.....

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: August 11, 2012 20:13

Over on Twitter Jagger is being too sweet. He's not only praising the GB athletes but the Olympic management......"from Seb Coe on down". Good grief!

Talk about sucking in the.....'whatever this decade is called'.grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 11, 2012 22:01

Cocaine Eyes
Over on Twitter Jagger is being too sweet. He's not only praising the GB athletes but the Olympic management......"from Seb Coe on down". Good grief!

Talk about sucking in the.....'whatever this decade is called'.grinning smiley

It would be the teens...uh oh.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 12, 2012 00:22

yes, it's possible that this thread is helping fuel the rumors in the media like a vicious cycle...sounds like it's going to be mick showing up to sing in collaboration with other artists...

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 12, 2012 01:16

little queenie
yes, it's possible that this thread is helping fuel the rumors in the media like a vicious cycle...sounds like it's going to be mick showing up to sing in collaboration with other artists...

I don't think this thread, or any others, are that influential--otherwise there would have been reports of a new world tour a hundred times over in just the last couple of months alone. Remember that a journalist would have to justify sources to an editor, and a fan forum message board would not qualify as credible.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 12, 2012 01:19

stonesnow
little queenie

I don't think this thread, or any others, are that influential--otherwise there would have been reports of a new world tour a hundred times over in just the last couple of months alone. Remember that a journalist would have to justify sources to an editor, and a fan forum message board would not qualify as credible.

just wtf are you implying about us????

Date: August 12, 2012 01:30

StonesTod
stonesnow
little queenie

Only speaking for myself, StonesTod--but feel free to keep sending leaks to the Examiner and et al, as it's always entertaining to read nonetheless.

Date: August 12, 2012 01:39

stonesnow
StonesTod
stonesnow
little queenie

Only speaking for myself, StonesTod--but feel free to keep sending leaks to the Examiner and et al, as it's always entertaining to read nonetheless.

ok. phew. i thought you were questioning the credibility and integrity of this board.

Date: August 12, 2012 01:51

stonesnow
little queenie

it's happened before in the media - that's the only reason i said it...and remember, the Stones pulled out Sway after this board pushed for it...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 12, 2012 01:53

little queenie
stonesnow
little queenie

it's happened before in the media - that's the only reason i said it...and remember, the Stones pulled out Sway after this board pushed for it...

The stones listening to this board for feedback, and the media using it as a source are two absolutely completely different things. I think.

Date: August 12, 2012 01:54

little queenie
stonesnow
little queenie

Oh, I didn't know that. OK everyone, let's start pushing for a new album and big tour, then. OK, ready?...One...two...three...and Push!...

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: August 12, 2012 01:56

I am sure, that The ROLLING STONES perform on the 12th of august

They will do---"SISTER MORPHINE"

Date: August 12, 2012 02:00

treaclefingers
little queenie
stonesnow
little queenie

The stones listening to this board for feedback, and the media using it as a source are two absolutely completely different things. I think.

yes, they're different but both have happened...i don't know if i can pull out the news story now - it was a few years back - but i think it included one of the IORR graphics, if i recall correctly...maybe someone else remembers too?

regardless, i will be watching tomorrow's Olympic closing ceremony with great interest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-12 02:08 by little queenie.

Date: August 12, 2012 02:02

i refuse to believe anybody believes anything i say

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1970
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home