Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 21
Re: OT : Any Ted Nugent fans here ?
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 30, 2012 19:44

GumbootCloggeroo
Why are conservative republicans so stubborn and unwilling to admit when they are wrong?

I agree. remember that republican senator that was picking up men in an airport bathroom stall? Caught red handed. Pleaded guilty than changed his mind.
Also who was the republican from Florida that signed some anti predator act and a few month later was sending emails to under age boys looking for sex. That's what wrong here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 19:45 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 30, 2012 19:46

GumbootCloggeroo
Why are conservative republicans so stubborn and unwilling to admit when they are wrong?

Not sure...

Years of training from liberal democrats finally paying off?

Just a theory...

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: April 30, 2012 19:47

DandelionPowderman
GumbootCloggeroo

Nugent probably admitted something, or else he would have been arrested by Secret Service...

They put the fear of God in him. Is Nugent an atheist? He act like one.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 30, 2012 20:10

A strange feature of American politics is the fact that the proletariat (pejorative rednecks or WT) often votes republican. While quite a large number of the establishment votes liberal. Ergo: The American working classes votes against their own interest. Another strange feature is the fact that the lion's share of the US proletariat doesn't vote at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 20:12 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 30, 2012 20:12

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max, wouldn't it correctly be POST ANYGRY SHOT IN 3D?
Why YES... YES it would.

POST ANYGRY SHOT IN 3D

lol winking smiley

Date: April 30, 2012 20:23

Ladykiller
saw Uncle Ted Nugent about 5 or 6 years ago. He was good, but also loud. And his suprise act was Richie Sambora (of Bon Jovi). They did a blues instrumental together on stage.

If you saw him live with your own ears and eyes, and you liked it... period.

Ted is an entertainer... who cares what crazy crap he spews... just ignore it.... it is like the trolls on IORR trying to get people worked up... some are worth it the time... others? not so much... who cares? Its only rock and roll...

If you saw him live, and he was good... then nothing else matters, unless people need it to. It is highly amusing all the people judging him on this thread, and stating on this thread that he is nothing but an 80s act, have not seen him live recently.... they only seem to obey what the media is telling them to think... ah the media.... masters of distracting people from real issues.

If people want to be bothered... they should be bothered by real things. There are a lot of other people, in greater positions of power, doing far worse things than Ted Nugent. If you want to be bothered, be bothered by them.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 30, 2012 21:52

Max'sKansasCity
If people want to be bothered... they should be bothered by real things. There are a lot of other people, in greater positions of power, doing far worse things than Ted Nugent. If you want to be bothered, be bothered by them.

Ted is an entertainer... who cares what crazy crap he spews... just ignore it.... it is like the trolls on IORR trying to get people worked up... some are worth it the time... others? not so much... who cares? Its only rock and roll...

I think part of the problem people have with your posts is that you can't ever acknowledge that people simply have different opinions than you. You have to call them "trolls". Telling people what they should or should not be bothered about is also rather condescending. People can decide this for themselves.

To turn your advice around. why are you so bothered that people dare to have a different opinion or take than you? Why are those of us who disagree with you "trolls" but you are not? Take your own advice and don't be so thin-skinned about someone having a different perspective, taste, or opinion than you.

Food for thought, that's all... and no "anger", by the way smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 21:55 by 71Tele.

Date: April 30, 2012 21:59

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

I think part of the problem people have with your posts is that you can't ever acknowledge that people simply have different opinions than you. You have to call them "trolls". Telling people what they should or should not be bothered about is also rather condescending. People can decide this for themselves.

To turn your advice around. why are you so bothered that people dare to have a different opinion or take than you? Why are those of us who disagree with you "trolls" but you are not? Take your own advice and don't be so thin-skinned about someone having a different perspective, taste, or opinion than you.

yawn.... go worry about something that matters.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 30, 2012 22:01

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

yawn.... go worry about something that matters.

Your mean-sprititdness continues to amaze. You seem only to be able to answer reason with insults. So be it.

Date: April 30, 2012 22:03

yyyaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnn

Date: April 30, 2012 22:17

Max'sKansasCity

Is it past your bedtime?

Date: April 30, 2012 22:19

More Hot Rocks
Max'sKansasCity

Is it past your bedtime?

I never can tell.... what time is it? Does anybody really know?

Date: April 30, 2012 22:21

Slash says..... Its five o'clock somewhere

Date: April 30, 2012 22:24

man...
how about FULL ALBUMS like that now avaialble on youtube... and 90 minute concerts too. KEWL!!

Used to be limited to 10 minutes

Date: April 30, 2012 22:34

deep purple>>>>led zeppelin

Date: April 30, 2012 22:42

keefriffhard4life
are you saying
DP greater than LZ?

Yup.... I suppose so... just based on the proof from the LED ZEP plagerism threads here on IORR a while back... I am still trying to wrap my head around that whole issue... and I do ponder it...... I never did post an opinion about it, I am not sure enough to do that.... but it was/is pretty flabbergasting how many Zep songs are direct rippoffs.... and they never said it at the time. It does not hurt their bank accounts, but it does tarnish their legacy...... then again....

BUT THEN AGAIN....

Led Zepplin had to find and redo all those great old song... and no doubt Jimmy Page played a helluva guitar and Plant sang his heart out... so maybe it is all OK.... and they did try to give La Bamba's mom money, which only casued her to scream GIVE IT ALL TO ME!!!

So.... I just dont know... I am still trying to decide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 22:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 30, 2012 22:48

Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life
are you saying
DP greater than LZ?

Yup.... I suppose so... just based on the proof from the LED ZEP plagerism threads here on IORR a while back... I am still trying to wrap my head around that whole issue... and I do ponder it...... I never did post an opinion about it, I am not sure enough to do that.... but it was/is pretty flabbergasting how many Zep songs are direct rippoffs.... and they never said it at the time. It does not hurt their bank accounts, but it does tarnish their legacy...... then again....

BUT THEN AGAIN....

Led Zepplin had to find and redo all those great old song... and no doubt Jimmy Page played a helluva guitar and Plant sang his heart out... so maybe it is all OK.... and they did try to give La Bamba's mom money, which only casued her to scream GIVE IT ALL TO ME!!!

So.... I just dont know... I am still trying to decide.

even ignoring anything about zeppelin stealing songs. i think gillan is a better singer than plant by a hair and imo blackmore is way better than page. the fact jones played bass/keyboards for zeppelin hurts them too because deep purple had glover on bass and lord on keyboards and both of those guys smoke jones. bonham i will gie a slight edge to over paice

i think the purple songs are better written and the jamming is better because again jones had to pick bass or keyboards while deep purple was ablt to have both going which helped the jams

Date: April 30, 2012 22:53

SUBMITTED INTO EVIDENCE-

ONE THE GREATEST (EARLIEST)(KILLEREST)(ROCKINGEST)(JAMMINGEST) LIVE ALBUMS EVER... EVER!!!!

AND IT THE WHOLE FKG THINGIS ON YUBE!!! AND YEAH!!!! I AM YELLING
BECAUSE
THEY TURNED UP EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING EEEEEELLLLLSSSEEEE!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: April 30, 2012 22:56

What about the might Ted Nugent. Ted vs. Led Zep vs. DP?

Date: April 30, 2012 23:07

mickscarey
What about the might Ted Nugent. Ted vs. Led Zep vs. DP?

Weeeeeell.... Ted is still out there doing it.....
sooooo....... he gets a lot of points for that alone... 6000 concerts AND STILL COUNTING.

that should rile up the Anti-Nugers

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 1, 2012 02:03

Jeez. I've been gone a few days. Come back to find there's 11 freakin' pages on Ted Nugent. Ted Nugent!

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 1, 2012 02:10

Jeez, and numerous topics of who nailed who.

This is a clear sign we need a tour.

Date: May 1, 2012 03:42

Jeez and 2-3 White Stripes threads, photos of Mick, guys talking about Mick's looks and wigs too! WIGS!!

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: May 1, 2012 03:47

Wow, this thread has some legs...

I'll bypass the political stuff, as there is a lot that can be said about that by others who care more about it (on both sides) than I do.

But back in the day, Ted was a fave of Letterman. And in this clip, it's very clear Ted doesn't take himself too seriously as a musician. His comments about the song titles saying it all, and the "care and concentration" that he puts into his lyrics, shows pretty clearly that he has a self-awareness of his own limitations. [Part 2 of this segment (also on Youtube) shows Ted sticking a toe into political waters that he would later dive into with more gusto. But I find that a little less interesting than this clip, which concludes with him doing a hyper-Berry riff with Steve Jordan on drums.]

And then of course this piece of weirdness, in which I swear he's doing Jim Carrey before Jim Carrey was doing Jim Carrey. At least as far as the facial expressions...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-01 03:57 by rocker1.

Date: May 1, 2012 04:28

rocker1
Wow, this thread has some legs...

I'll bypass the political stuff, as there is a lot that can be said about that by others who care more about it (on both sides) than I do.

But back in the day, Ted was a fave of Letterman. And in this clip, it's very clear Ted doesn't take himself too seriously as a musician. His comments about the song titles saying it all, and the "care and concentration" that he puts into his lyrics, shows pretty clearly that he has a self-awareness of his own limitations. [Part 2 of this segment (also on Youtube) shows Ted sticking a toe into political waters that he would later dive into with more gusto. But I find that a little less interesting than this clip, which concludes with him doing a hyper-Berry riff with Steve Jordan on drums.]

And then of course this piece of weirdness, in which I swear he's doing Jim Carrey before Jim Carrey was doing Jim Carrey. At least as far as the facial expressions...

Oh man rocker1..... that was tastyfunnytedalicous...
what a couple of classic clips.... too freekinfkn funny.....
I wonder when Tedro was last on Dave's show? .....lmao... He is just funy as hell.... thatolesumbitchNuge.... like a crazy ole Uncle.... hehehe he may have gotten older and cratchetyer and maybe a little nuttier...but he was always one funnysumbitch... yeeeeha MOTORCITYMADMAN!! btw- as a kid... I was outside of Arrowhead for that lousest concert he refers too...still makes me grin.

Thnaks for posting.

Date: May 1, 2012 05:23

Max'sKansasCity
More Hot Rocks
Max'sKansasCity

Is it past your bedtime?

I DO! I DO!

The time is...NOW! It's always now! It never changes! Free beer tomorrow!

Date: May 1, 2012 06:28

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity
More Hot Rocks
Max'sKansasCity

Is it past your bedtime?

I DO! I DO!

The time is...NOW! It's always now! It never changes! Free beer tomorrow!

Ibetcha !!.. Ibetcha !!..
I bet ya I can tellya where ya got your shoes.

btw- eg is disqualified from this betchta... sorry eg

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 1, 2012 06:34

This is a sign.

I go out run around the block this evening, which is not normal for me.

I put on the ipod shuffle and the first song is "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang", haha, and you know what, it flat rocks and is a great song to run to.

Words are cheesy, but the guitar and back beat gets you moving.

Ted's kinda like George Thoroughood to me in a way. Enjoyed him backing the Stones in 81, but never really paid much attention after that.

Same with Ted. Liked him in the 70s playing Ice skating arena's, backing Aerosmith at the Stadium and eventually headlining the Super Bowl of Rock type shows at Soldiers Field or Washington Park or one of those places.

Good at the time, but now, forgettable.

Date: May 1, 2012 06:35

Date: May 1, 2012 06:40

lmao... that tedronugentiestein es onefunnymuthafkr!!! wangotango? OMG!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2042
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home