Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 21
Re: OT : Any Ted Nugent fans here ?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:45

shadooby
Intensities in 10 Cities is the greatest live album of all time!

at least a great name for an album.

Ya know....
Just reading how many people (here on a rock and roll music board) are sooooo deeply offended by Nugent... and how many people are bleeding hatred for him.... and how much he is pissing off the current establishment... and how many people are trying to simply dismiss him.... and how many want to burn his records... and wowza so many peole who hate him.... yet they are taking time to post about him....

what does that remind you of?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:48

Full Bluntal Nugity is the greatest live album of all time!

Date: April 30, 2012 02:54

Bare knuckler..springsteen vs. nugent..?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 02:56 by shadooby.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:59

shadooby

To each his own, but surely Get Yer Ya Ya's Out, Live at Leeds, and The Allman Bro's Live at the Fillmore would rank above the Nuge.

Date: April 30, 2012 03:04

Live at Hammersmith '79 is the greatest live album of all time!

Date: April 30, 2012 03:04

whitem8
shadooby

To each his own, but surely Get Yer Ya Ya's Out, Live at Leeds, and The Allman Bro's Live at the Fillmore would rank above the Nuge.

Right onthumbs up
The Allman Bro's Live at the Fillmore Is a Top 10 best live album, and at times #1.

Damn that is a gooder...gonna put it on right now.

Date: April 30, 2012 03:07

Let your soul shine...better than moonshine.

Date: April 30, 2012 03:13

shadooby
Let your soul shine...better than moonshine.

all day and all night...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 30, 2012 03:38

Max'sKansasCity
shadooby

Ya know....
Just reading how many people (here on a rock and roll music board) are sooooo deeply offended by Nugent... and how many people are bleeding hatred for him.... and how much he is pissing off the current establishment... and how many people are trying to simply dismiss him.... and how many want to burn his records... and wowza so many peole who hate him.... yet they are taking time to post about him....

Reminds me of...nothing. Your premise is deeply flawed. I am not sure which "establishment" is pissed off by Nugent, and I don't know who wants to "burn his records" (I merely ignore them). People have simply called him a blowhard and a hypocrite and pointed out his hypocrisy and his intolerant attitude toward those that don't agree with his version of "patriotism", etc. And the Nugent lovers can't defend or respond to any of this, so they either call the others "haters" or resort to knee-jerk Fox News talking points (in the case of one poster).

If you are trying to make some strained analogy to the Stones or something, I'm not buying.

As for "hate": When someone so can't tolerate a president getting elected with whom he disagrees that he has to resort to violent rhetoric against that president, it is THAT person who is being hateful, NOT the people who call him out on it; and that type of behavior by anyone in a democratic society is reasonable cause for offense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 03:40 by 71Tele.

Date: April 30, 2012 03:44

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
shadooby

Ya know....

Reminds me of...nothing. Your premise is deeply flawed. I am not sure which "establishment" is pissed off by Nugent, and I don't know who wants to "burn his records" (I merely ignore them). People have simply called him a blowhard and a hypocrite and pointed out his hypocrisy and his intolerant attitude toward those that don't agree with his version of "patriotism", etc. And the Nugent lovers can't defend or respond to any of this, so they either call the others "haters" or resort to knee-jerk Fox News talking points (in the case of one poster).

If you are trying to make some strained analogy to the Stones or something, I'm not buying.

As for "hate": When someone so can't tolerate a president getting elected with whom he disagrees that he has to resort to violent rhetoric against that president, it is THAT person who is being hateful, NOT the people who call him out on it; and that type of behavior by anyone in a democratic society is reasonable cause for offense.

heh heh... Now tell us how you feel about Ronnie Wood.

Date: April 30, 2012 03:49

----------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 04:33 by 71Tele.

Date: April 30, 2012 03:52

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
shadooby

Ya know....

So, in keeping with your usual pattern, you respond to arguments on the topic with an irrlevant personal insult. Save your next post, which is the one that will call me "Mr. Sensitive" for merely pointing this out. Max, you really are a one-trick pony.

Come on tele, drag out your I HATE RONNIE WOOD speech.. it is always funny to read.

Date: April 30, 2012 03:53

You should do a a double post using your your classics....
I HATE RONNIE WOOD backed with I HATE TED NUGENT.

Date: April 30, 2012 03:55

Ending with your grande finale.. I LOVE TO HATE!!

Date: April 30, 2012 03:57

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
shadooby

Ya know....

So, in keeping with your usual pattern, you respond to arguments on the topic with an irrlevant personal insult. Save your next post, which is the one that will call me "Mr. Sensitive" for merely pointing this out. Max, you really are a one-trick pony.

Come on tele, drag out your I HATE RONNIE WOOD speech.. it is always funny to read.

I find deliciously ironic that my post said the Nugent-lovers are unable to defend any of the things said about him, so resort to irrelevant commentary - such as you just did twice. Thank you for effectively proving my point.

Now, if you wish to discuss the pros and cons of Ron Wood (whom I do not "hate" by the way - there you go putting words in my mouth again) I am happy to do so on a releant thread. And I can do it without personal insult and childish commentary - can you?

Have a nice evening.

Date: April 30, 2012 03:58

I just dont understand why you hate Ronnie Wood so much, he seems like a great guy.

Date: April 30, 2012 03:59

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 04:34 by 71Tele.

Date: April 30, 2012 04:01

---------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 04:34 by 71Tele.

Date: April 30, 2012 04:03

Why always with all the hate and anger tele?
Seems like most of your posts are based on this movie title.

Hey... You could star in your own online movie... POST ANGRY!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 04:06 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 30, 2012 04:11

---------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 04:35 by 71Tele.

Date: April 30, 2012 04:14

So you are not going to be giving another I HATE RONNIE SPEECH tonight?
Well then how about another rant about how much you hate Ted Nugent?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 04:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 30, 2012 04:29

Max'sKansasCity

I am allowed to reply to posts with which I agree or disagree. I do so without making personal attacks on other posters. You, on the other hand do not seem to have the willingness or ability to tolerate any criticism of anyone or anything you hold in high esteem, whether it be Ted Nugent, or a particular Stones record, so you respond to this insecurity by "shooting the messenger" - lashing out at those with whom you disagree rather than by debating the relevant issue itself. Your last several silly posts here attacking me are Exhibit A. You also have a very unfortunate and irritating habit of putting words in my mouth and assigning opinions or feelings to me which I do not have and have never expressed (such as "hatred" toward Ron Wood).

If you wish to debate the merits of one of my posts, or opinions, great. I think we can manage to disagree without things degenerating into a flame war. At least I have had the ability to do that with just about every other individual here.

So...my proposal is we stick to the topic, stay away from personal attack, and agree to disagree when we do disagree.

Enjoy Mad Men tonight - maybe we can "agree" on that one thing!

Date: April 30, 2012 04:35

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

I am allowed to reply to posts with which I agree or disagree. I do so without making personal attacks on other posters. You, on the other hand do not seem to have the willingness or ability to tolerate any criticism of anyone or anything you hold in high esteem, whether it be Ted Nugent, or a particular Stones record, so you respond to this insecurity by "shooting the messenger" - lashing out at those with whom you disagree rather than by debating the relevant issue itself. Your last several silly posts here attacking me are Exhibit A. You also have a very unfortunate and irritating habit of putting words in my mouth and assigning opinions or feelings to me which I do not have and have never expressed (such as "hatred" toward Ron Wood).

If you wish to debate the merits of one of my posts, or opinions, great. I think we can manage to disagree without things degenerating into a flame war. At least I have had the ability to do that with just about every other individual here.

So...my proposal is we stick to the topic, stay away from personal attack, and agree to disagree when we do disagree.
Why so angry?

Date: April 30, 2012 04:37

OK...I tried. Have fun.

Date: April 30, 2012 04:40

71Tele
.... Have fun.

Fun is a good thing to have.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 30, 2012 04:47

Damn, I go take a shower, and there are four new posts on this already ancient thread.

Date: April 30, 2012 04:51

Zou Bisou Bisou

Date: April 30, 2012 04:54

it was that picture ...
or this really knarly Ted pic... so I gave the board a break winking smiley you are welcome

Date: April 30, 2012 04:55

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
.... Have fun.

Fun is a good thing to have.

We can agree on that too.

Date: April 30, 2012 04:56

Max'sKansasCity
it was that picture ...
or this really knarly Ted pic... so I gave the board a break winking smiley you are welcome

Max, this Mad Men season is really dark so far. Where do you think they are headed with the Don/Megan sub-plot?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home