Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 21
Re: OT : Any Ted Nugent fans here ?
Date: April 28, 2012 19:21

slew
This post is intended to be about Ted's music!!!!

Hell of a coincidence with the idiot being all over the media for being such an idiot.

Date: April 28, 2012 19:27

mickscarey
More Hot Rocks
He would have alot of respect as a guitarist if he kpt his mouth shut. Now when someone mentions his name we don't think of Gibson Byrdland guitars we think of someone unstable. A lose cannon crackpot.

Right. HE needs to keep his mouth shut. But only because 99% of the people on this site are left leaning so do not agree with him so he needs to shut up. lame - and predictable.

Wrong. It's because he's a moron. He's ignorant in 3D. Plus he sounds like and is an idiot. And, which is a nice kicker, he represents what I would think to be quite a decent numbered percentage of people in the US.

Which really tells ya somethin' about some people in the US.

Date: April 28, 2012 19:28

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
Come On
not even one single album in my collection...I've always thought this guy looked phony on his album-sleeves...
Hate him or love him.... there is no phony in the man, WYSIWYG
Nugent has been saying and doing and acting consistantly for 50 years.

Besides..... judging a book by its cover... are you kidding?

Once again this turns ino another silly IORR thread where some "holier than thous" are deciding 30 years into the game what/who is valid or not valid, which bands are worthy or unworthy... which is blah blah blah.... it seems that very few on this site actually abide by its name. Its only rock and roll, nothing more or less..... no need for all the hate and pounding name calling "Butt Rock" ? really? really? Why not just skip the thread if you hate an artist so much?...why feel compelled/obligated to waste your precious time to bashing on them?... it makes no sense, do you really think you will change one fans mind? That is not gonna happen... either way... it is just silly.

Why not skip it? Because we discuss opinions here. No one is being "holier than thou". They simply express a different opinion than you. That's all it is, opinion and taste. I happen to think this person's "music" is dreadful and stupid. If you like it, great! If people feel compelled to ask the question in an OT thread if they are fans of a musician, they invite responses one way or another...I tolerate your posts, you should be able tolerate mine or others whom express contrary views to yours. It's only rock & roll, as you said.

I can't stand Elton John.

Date: April 28, 2012 19:30

gimmelittledrink
He loves the Stones, so he can't be all bad.

If @#$%& was alive and liked the Stones would be be not all bad too?

Date: April 28, 2012 19:32

mickscarey
Bill Maher wishing for the death of Dick Cheney

I can't think of one person who doesn't.

Date: April 28, 2012 19:34

mickscarey
Edith Grove
This is old. sad smiley

Only because:

1. you know I am right
2. you know I am right.

Opposite day. So...you're wrong and you're wrong.

Date: April 28, 2012 19:43

mickscarey
Prove it.

"Whatever. heh heh."

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 28, 2012 20:26

SwayStones
To come back to the music and Nugent as a guitarist :
Does it make sense to say that in my opinion -I am not a guitarist myself so I might not have a good grip -

71Tele or Naturalust or other guitarists on iorr ,please tell me what you think about :

Nugent is a "feel" type of player -loud ,hard and strong -but not technical and sure not a virtuoso - unlike Mick taylor -
Does " unsophisticated" could be appropriate ?

I have no opinion of Nugent as a guitarist, as it is not a type of music I enjoy listening to. His type of playing is not to my taste, but this is no commentary on his skill or ability as a guitarist.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: April 28, 2012 20:51

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mickscarey

I rest my case. You nuts are all the same.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: April 28, 2012 21:54

Anyway, Stranglehold is still amazing

Anyone care to disagree?

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: April 28, 2012 21:58

Ted Nugent..hmm, let's see...idiot, violent, stupid or insane, mediocre guitarist, boring songwriter, hasnt had a hit in years..
why are we even talking about this stupid jerk - ??

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 28, 2012 22:18

Loin cloth, props on stage....vegas

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: April 28, 2012 23:06

Yeah, prompted by this thread, I thought, "okay, should I give Stranglehold another chance?". Watched the YouTube clip linked here-nope, still find it really boring. Then watched a minute or two of a clip from the beginning of a '79 show and there was the swinging on stage in the loin cloth just like I remember from the show I saw. Didn't remember the throwing the boulder/fake monitors into the crowd but maybe he didn't do that at the Victoria gig. That was kinda cool, must admit.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 28, 2012 23:32

Live at Hammersmith '79 is one of the best live albums of all time!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 29, 2012 01:30

71Tele
SwayStones
Does it make sense to say that in my opinion -I am not a guitarist myself so I might not have a good grip -

71Tele or Naturalust or other guitarists on iorr ,please tell me what you think about :

Nugent is a "feel" type of player -loud ,hard and strong -but not technical and sure not a virtuoso - unlike Mick taylor -

I have no opinion of Nugent as a guitarist, as it is not a type of music I enjoy listening to. His type of playing is not to my taste, but this is no commentary on his skill or ability as a guitarist.

Well thats down right gentlemanly of you Tele. Glad to know you ain't the judgemental type. What about his hunting? I'm ok with it really. peace

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 29, 2012 01:40

Naturalust
71Tele
SwayStones

Well thats down right gentlemanly of you Tele. Glad to know you ain't the judgemental type. What about his hunting? I'm ok with it really. peace

Difference between not liking someone's music (or a type of music) and saying thay are not "good" on their instrument, that's all. As for the hunting, like I said, give the animals an equal chance and I'm all for it.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: April 29, 2012 01:50

seitan
Ted Nugent..hmm, let's see...idiot, violent, stupid or insane, mediocre guitarist, boring songwriter, hasnt had a hit in years..
why are we even talking about this stupid jerk - ??

It amazes me how so many of you think someone's intelligence or politics has something to do with their music. How many musicians that we love are (or were) violent? WTF does that have to do with musical ability?!

Why isn't anyone saying, "Mick Jagger - he's a total @#$%& that's unable to cut it as a solo artist." I wonder why - because that stuff is true, too.

As idiotic as the Nuge may or may not be, he has been able to sell a helluva lot more records on his own than all of the solo-Stones put together. So, one could argue that despite him being a violent, insane, stupid jerk, he is better than any other Stone who attempted to go solo.

As an aside, having a hit doesn't make one a good or bad musician. Hell, the Black Eyed Peas have had a bunch of hits.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: April 29, 2012 01:53

mickscarey
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mickscarey

I rest my case. You nuts are all the same.

mickscarey, - come on. Dont be so ignorant. People can think for themselves. You can't be serious.
It´s not that Ted Nugent is right winger - it´s because he is ignorant extremist and crazy idiot - I´ve heard lot of people who are right wing republicans who can speak out their minds and they come out as smart, interesting people - They can discuss the tough questions and problems that we all have to face in this world today, and they can propose new strategies for going forward. Some have positive attitude, and some have negative attitude, but Ted is not one of them - he talks like an ignorant extremist jerk - There's not that much different in what Osama Bin Laden or Ted Nugent have been saying - it´s all extremist bullshit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-29 01:53 by seitan.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 29, 2012 02:43

I just lost a bet,that bv would close this thread before it reached 4 pages,its on 7 already,l guess freedom of speech is winning drinking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: April 29, 2012 02:43

remember when eric clapton said a bunch of racist remarks?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 29, 2012 02:44

I've seen a lot of ignorant posts from people who tend to lean toward the left here stating that they are wishing for Dick Cheney's death - That is just as ignorant as Ted and don't you think Ted might be running his mouth and playing it up so people stay interested in Ted Nugent? Seitan I don't like extremeism on eith side of the arguments either. This post can show you how divided the USA is right now and for that matter other parts of the worl as there are probably more Europeans than Americans on this board. People are reacting to Ted which is EXACTKY what he wants!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 29, 2012 02:49

ROPENI
I just lost a bet,that bv would close this thread before it reached 4 pages,its on 7 already,l guess freedom of speech is winning drinking smiley

well... then we might as well throw another log on the fire.....
This story should get them anti-Nugers all riled up..... all over again....

Nugent says he's insulted by concert cancellation
Fri, Apr. 27, 2012 07:49 PM
[www.kansascity.com]

LOS ANGELES -- Ted Nugent said he was insulted by the cancellation of his planned concert at an Army post over his comments about President Barack Obama.

Commanders at the Fort Knox, Ky., post nixed Nugent's segment of a June concert after the rocker and conservative activist said at a recent National Rifle Association meeting that he would be "dead or in jail by this time next year" if Obama is re-elected.

Nugent told The Associated Press this week that his words were not intended as a threat against the president.

"To think that there's a bureaucrat in the United States Army that would consider the use or abuse of First Amendment rights in determining who is going to perform at an Army base is an insult and defiles the sacrifices of those heroes who fought for the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights," Nugent said.

Nugent said he had received messages of support from troops and noted that the Secret Service had met with him and closed its case about the remarks.

"There is nothing in my spoken word or written word that could be even wildly considered by any stretch of the imagination to be a threat to anyone," Nugent said.

Asked to clarify the remarks at the NRA convention, Nugent said: "A whole bunch of us ... believe ... we are in danger of being improperly and criminally jailed - I mean criminally on the part of the government."

Earlier in the week, Nugent pleaded guilty to transporting a black bear he illegally killed in Alaska, saying he was sorry for unwittingly violating the law.

He told the AP that he advises fellow hunters, "even when you are aghast at a maniac, inexplicable, illogical law, please abide by those laws at all costs."

Nugent said the prosecution in U.S. District Court was the result of a "witch hunt" by federal officials over his activism.

"We the people are turning up the heat," he said. "And that's why I'm being singled out by certain fish and game agencies and certain U.S. attorneys."

The AP was not successful in obtaining comment from Jack Schmidt, the assistant U.S. attorney who prosecuted Nugent this week in Ketchikan, Alaska. An email seeking comment from Karen Loeffler, the U.S. Attorney for Alaska, was not immediately returned.

Associated Press writer Mark Thiessen in Anchorage, Alaska, contributed to this report.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 29, 2012 03:32

Max'sKansasCity
ROPENI

[www.kansascity.com]

LOS ANGELES -- Ted Nugent said he was insulted by the cancellation of his planned concert at an Army post over his comments about President Barack Obama.

Commanders at the Fort Knox, Ky., post nixed Nugent's segment of a June concert after the rocker and conservative activist said at a recent National Rifle Association meeting that he would be "dead or in jail by this time next year" if Obama is re-elected.

Nugent told The Associated Press this week that his words were not intended as a threat against the president.

"To think that there's a bureaucrat in the United States Army that would consider the use or abuse of First Amendment rights in determining who is going to perform at an Army base is an insult and defiles the sacrifices of those heroes who fought for the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights," Nugent said.

Nugent said he had received messages of support from troops and noted that the Secret Service had met with him and closed its case about the remarks.

"There is nothing in my spoken word or written word that could be even wildly considered by any stretch of the imagination to be a threat to anyone," Nugent said.

Asked to clarify the remarks at the NRA convention, Nugent said: "A whole bunch of us ... believe ... we are in danger of being improperly and criminally jailed - I mean criminally on the part of the government."

Earlier in the week, Nugent pleaded guilty to transporting a black bear he illegally killed in Alaska, saying he was sorry for unwittingly violating the law.

He told the AP that he advises fellow hunters, "even when you are aghast at a maniac, inexplicable, illogical law, please abide by those laws at all costs."

Nugent said the prosecution in U.S. District Court was the result of a "witch hunt" by federal officials over his activism.

"We the people are turning up the heat," he said. "And that's why I'm being singled out by certain fish and game agencies and certain U.S. attorneys."

The AP was not successful in obtaining comment from Jack Schmidt, the assistant U.S. attorney who prosecuted Nugent this week in Ketchikan, Alaska. An email seeking comment from Karen Loeffler, the U.S. Attorney for Alaska, was not immediately returned.

Associated Press writer Mark Thiessen in Anchorage, Alaska, contributed to this report.

Nugent avoided the draft. Why would anyone in the armed forces want to see this guy? He's everything that out soldiers are not.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: April 29, 2012 04:06

"When in doubt, I whip it out...."

Date: April 29, 2012 04:12

More Hot Rocks
Max'sKansasCity
ROPENI

[www.kansascity.com]

Nugent avoided the draft. Why would anyone in the armed forces want to see this guy? He's everything that out soldiers are not.

he applied for a student differal heaven @#$%& forbid

Date: April 29, 2012 04:13

Does everyone here understand that the war people
avoided back in the 1960s was the Vietnam war? correct?

Does everyone agree that war was a bad idea?
Does anyone here think that war was a good idea?

Does everyone here understand the difference
between a drafted military and a volunteeer military?

Is anyone here in the military?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 29, 2012 04:31

Max'sKansasCity
Does everyone here understand that the war people
avoided back in the 1960s was the Vietnam war? correct?

Does everyone agree that war was a bad idea?
Does anyone here think that war was a good idea?

Does everyone here understand the difference
between a drafted military and a volunteeer military?

Is anyone here in the military?

Military draft was the law at the time.
Nugent should have served, unless he had a legitimate reason not to.

That said, I agree with some of Nugent's ideas, but his over-the-top way of getting his point across really irks some people.

Here's Ted expressing his views on responsible gun ownership:

Date: April 29, 2012 04:47

Edith Grove

Can you tell us who was the last U.S. President that served in active duty military?

How many U.S. Presidents did not serve, in time of draft?
Can anyone tell us .....what was their legitimate reason not to?

Date: April 29, 2012 04:50

Again, I am not defending Nugent, why would I??.... no one here is going to change anyone's opinion with a post.... I just (find)found it surprising to read some of the things posted on this thread... Personally I think Ted rocks like a mad man.... but then again... he really is kind of a mad man.... who speaks his mind... he always has.... at least he is consistant.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 29, 2012 04:53

Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove

Can you tell us who was the last U.S. President that served in active duty military?

How many U.S. Presidents did not serve, in time of draft?
Can anyone tell us .....what was their legitimate reason not to?

The guy before our current President served in the Air National Guard.

For the rest, a bit of internet research might give the answer. grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2071
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home