Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021
Current Page: 21 of 21
Re: OT : Any Ted Nugent fans here ?
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 26, 2012 02:05

i come from a military family and have two nephews who fought in the iraq war[they're fine,thanks]

let me tell you something,the argument that you have to have served in the military to have an opinion,either for or against anything is a load of crap.

thats why the states and many other free countries are not some banana republic or dictatorship.you say what the hell you want and you dont have to qualify in advance by doing anything,its your right.

it would be like telling someone you cant eat a steak because you've never killed a cow or you cant eat pizza because you've never worked in a pizza shop.

my dad was in vietnam and he always supported anyone who did anything to get out of it-he always said"you cant grab people off the streets and make them do that kinda work,its not right"

live your life,have your opinions and be free-the dirty jobs need to be left to the pros.draft dodger is a ridiculous and archaic term,unless of course you mean it as someone who got out of being basically kidnapped and forced to do a job they werent ready for.

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: May 26, 2012 02:09

MILKYWAY

You forgot to mention Barack "Hussein" Obama and Joe "Hair Plugs" Biden.

Date: May 26, 2012 02:19

the rules apply to them too,you dont have to have served.you still have the same rights.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 26, 2012 02:26

mitchflorida1
MILKYWAY

No they didn't; it appears to be about war mongers and war profiteers who like to associate themselves with the military as if they've served. Obama is the actual commander-in-chief. You are partially right though Mitch; they did leave out the most egregious examples in our history; John 'pussy' Wayne and five (count 'em, 5!) times deferred and mis-user of the US military, war criminal and war profiteer Dick Cheney!

Date: May 26, 2012 02:54

oh,good god-is there some other way i can explain this.you dont have to have served.you just dont,we've got you covered.

be a "warmonger" whatever that is.be a pacifist,dont pay attention at all.we dont care.

i do have one small question though.why do so many people give a shit if a psychopath like suddam hussein got his country taken away from him.

i'm really interested in this and i'm very sincere.i dont understand it.it was a very easy war,as wars go.his entire military was wiped out very quickly and we hung around for years playing cop which was a pain in the ass but it i've got a feeling that most of the complainers didnt have to live under that nutcase and his sons.

cheney had a stake in there somewhere,he owned part of one of those dopey companies that were working on the oil wells or something,who gives a shit.
war criminal and profiteer,alot of hyperbole there but maybe he does deserve someone coming up behind him and saying boo really loud.that should settle it.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: May 26, 2012 03:42

"And the Tea Party - a veritable gold mine for comedy!"

Unlike Occupy Wall Street. . ..

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: May 26, 2012 03:46

Any knucklehead president-assassinator fantasy dreamers here?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 26, 2012 04:01

Pietro
Any knucklehead president-assassinator fantasy dreamers here?

Don't forget the pedephile part.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 26, 2012 04:13

Why won't this thread just die ?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 26, 2012 04:31

What I should have said the first time is Ted Nugent sounded good to me around the same time I thought Cheech and Chong were funny. Then I turned 17 and never listened to either one of them again.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: May 26, 2012 12:42

Ok these are murky waters to wade into, but here goes. 17 is not underage in the UK. you can have sex and get married at that age. don't forget in 1977 Nugent was probably in his mid twenties. Are we really surprised that a successful rock star in his 20s enjoyed being with 17 year old girls? Go tell that to Tyler, or Jagger, or Page or Simmons or any of the rest of them. In fact, just give up listening to music if this makes your skin crawl. I am also sure The Beatles never asked too many questions back in the 60s. if you want a creepy sexual predator, look no further than Bill Wyman. He should have been locked up for what he did to a 13 yr old girl.

as for the draft dodge, like I said previously, I don't see too many war heroes here. and what Nugent did was no different from what Springsteen has admitted to.

So what are we left with....Oh yeah, the music. stranglehold still has the power, and the man still delivers live. end of.

quote="More Hot Rocks"]
You lost!!!! at about 2:00. Don't cry Max. It's OK. Ummmmm? I guess you belive in the easter Bunny too. Watch the whole thing. Nugent is a freak.

[/quote]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-26 12:46 by letitloose.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 28, 2012 19:30

MILKYWAY

Happy Memorial Day Ted - hypocrite!

www.washingtontimes.com

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 28, 2012 19:45

mitchflorida1
He's been president for over 3 years and you're STILL talking about his middle name? Get over it! And what's with the quotations?

Date: May 28, 2012 19:55

wow, this thread STILL has legs eh?

what ever happened to the Dixie Chicks? they didn't say anything as vulgar, vile or as stupid as Nugent, and their careers were ended overnight

... hmmm...oh wait......Nugent would have to actually have a career, for it to end overnight

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 28, 2012 21:57

I'm guessing (most) of those who don't like Ted more than likely have never fished and or hunted and had the pleasure of feeding their families with their bounty.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 28, 2012 23:37

shadooby
I'm guessing (most) of those who don't like Ted more than likely have never fished and or hunted and had the pleasure of feeding their families with their bounty.

Yeah, a lot of us have actual jobs that take care of those pleasures.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 28, 2012 23:37

pinkfloydthebarber
wow, this thread STILL has legs eh?

what ever happened to the Dixie Chicks? they didn't say anything as vulgar, vile or as stupid as Nugent, and their careers were ended overnight

... hmmm...oh wait......Nugent would have to actually have a career, for it to end overnight

RIMSHOT!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 29, 2012 05:53

Edith Grove
Why won't this thread just die ?
Or better yet. Just get closed by BV.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021
Current Page: 21 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2060