Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 21
Re: OT : Any Ted Nugent fans here ?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 29, 2012 04:57

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove

Military draft was the law at the time.
Nugent should have served, unless he had a legitimate reason not to.

Can you tell us who was the last U.S. President that served in active duty military?

How many U.S. Presidents did not serve, in time of draft?
Can anyone tell us .....what was their legitimate reason not to?

The guy before our current President served in the Air National Guard.

For the rest, a bit of internet research might give the answer. grinning smiley

The answer is ...
They ALL avoided that Vietnam war.... one way or another, irregardless of the law at the time.

Date: April 29, 2012 05:02

So I axed myself... is irregardless a word??

answer is... kind of... [www.thefreedictionary.com]

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-29 05:12 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 29, 2012 05:25

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
gimmelittledrink
He loves the Stones, so he can't be all bad.

If @#$%& was alive and liked the Stones would be be not all bad too?
Well....
what if it was a cat that looks like @#$%& and likes the Stones? Then what?
[www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-29 05:30 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: April 29, 2012 05:35

Eight Presidents from Eisenhower to Bush, Sr. were in WWII. I had forgotten that Johnson was in WWII. You learn when you occasionally peek in at IORR.cool smiley

Date: April 29, 2012 05:44

Marie
Eight Presidents from Eisenhower to Bush, Sr. were in WWII. I had forgotten that Johnson was in WWII. You learn when you occasionally peek in at IORR.cool smiley
TIL Today I Learned cool smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 29, 2012 12:07

letitloose
Well I will believe it when it is substantiated. BTW Springsteen did the same to dodge the draft. listen to his spoken intro to The River on the live box set. No one here seems to criticise him. So he became anti-war, and Nugent came to a different conclusion. Whatever. they were maybe just young cowards. I've never had to make that choice, and I bet not many war heroes are here either.
It's about context.

Springsteen has taken a stand as a decidedly liberal, anti-war individual going back decades. Frankly, had I been around during the Vietnam era, I would have done everything possible to avoid serving in that insane war as well.

Now, Nugent, on the other hand, may have done the exact same thing Springsteen did...but he GLORIFIES war, the military, firearms, etc.

That's rank hypocrisy.

When Saddam Hussein was captured, the idiot had the BALLS to post a cartoon on the main page of his website featuring NUGENT HIMSELF posing triumphantly over Saddam with one foot on his back (like one of his hunting trophies) as scores of military men stood behind him, looking on.

What grotesque disrespect for the men and women who ACTUALLY served, and who ACTUALLY did the very dangerous job of tracking and capturing Saddam.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 29, 2012 13:25

Wow that' sick of Nugent. I wonder what the vets think of him now. He's like a modern day Jane Fonda.

Date: April 29, 2012 13:52

More Hot Rocks
Wow that' sick of Nugent. I wonder what the vets think of him now. He's like a modern day Jane Fonda.
Exactly, they are like two peas in a pod.
Hanoi Jane and the Motor City Madman... seperated at birth?
Will we ever be able to get those images of Jane posing over the dead.... oh... wait... what?

Date: April 29, 2012 14:49

Max'sKansasCity
More Hot Rocks
Exactly, they are like two peas in a pod.
Hanoi Jane and the Motor City Madman... seperated at birth?
Will we ever be able to get those images of Jane posing over the dead.... oh... wait... what?

Yup; He mocks our country and our military and the men who died for us but in a different way. Come on! Nugent standing over the body of Bin Lauden while American soldiers look on? What a sick sick sick man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-29 14:50 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: April 29, 2012 15:58

slew
I've seen a lot of ignorant posts from people who tend to lean toward the left here stating that they are wishing for Dick Cheney's death - That is just as ignorant as Ted and don't you think Ted might be running his mouth and playing it up so people stay interested in Ted Nugent? Seitan I don't like extremeism on eith side of the arguments either. This post can show you how divided the USA is right now and for that matter other parts of the worl as there are probably more Europeans than Americans on this board. People are reacting to Ted which is EXACTKY what he wants!

I happen to be Europian and I guess I could call myself "leaning towards the left" or something, but I have to say that I hate extremeism on the both sides.

I think Ted is giving a bad name to the republican side of things, since most republicans are not that stupid, nor ignorant bullshiters like him..or say..Bill O Reilley or Sarah Palin ...(just to mention few other idiots).

With Ted - I guess it´s like Motley Crue syndrome - they keep talking about their drug use: When nobody gives a shit about their music anymore, - the eighties glam hair band era is gone - so drug use is the only thing motley crue can talk about, - Their "oooh look at me -I'm an suffering millionaire dope addict" media bullshit is the only thing that sell's Motley Crue products.
I guess all that political nonsense is part of the Nugent product - it´s the only thing that gives Ted Nugent a voice in the media...nobody gives a shit about his songs anymore. His political views are the only thing that keeps selling his crappy music. And that's why we talk about it.

But I dont dislike him due to his political stance - I hate him becouse it´s only a madman product - I doubt his sincerity, No one can really be that stupid. - It´s show biz.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-29 16:00 by seitan.

Date: April 29, 2012 16:03

It´s sad when important issues - that we all need to deal with - becomes a media show biz trick, hoopla for the cameras.

When people talk about Aids, Homeless, War, Education, Health Care - dont you think it´s sad that these important issues, become " media entertainment" - and are not dealt seriously. People like Ted Nugent are the enemies of mankind - they turn every important issue into a media circus/joke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-29 16:04 by seitan.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 29, 2012 17:44

seitan
It´s sad when important issues - that we all need to deal with - becomes a media show biz trick, hoopla for the cameras.

When people talk about Aids, Homeless, War, Education, Health Care - dont you think it´s sad that these important issues, become " media entertainment" - and are not dealt seriously. People like Ted Nugent are the enemies of mankind - they turn every important issue into a media circus/joke.

Well we're not ever going to change those whose only goal is self-aggrandizement. If we didn't buy the product or the garbage, no one would talk about them. It's also our fault.

Date: April 29, 2012 18:05

Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove

Military draft was the law at the time.
Nugent should have served, unless he had a legitimate reason not to.

Can you tell us who was the last U.S. President that served in active duty military?

How many U.S. Presidents did not serve, in time of draft?
Can anyone tell us .....what was their legitimate reason not to?

The guy before our current President served in the Air National Guard.

For the rest, a bit of internet research might give the answer. grinning smiley

The answer is ...
They ALL avoided that Vietnam war.... one way or another, irregardless of the law at the time.

Vietnam wasn't a "war".

Date: April 29, 2012 18:08

Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
gimmelittledrink
He loves the Stones, so he can't be all bad.

If @#$%& was alive and liked the Stones would be be not all bad too?
Well....
what if it was a cat that looks like @#$%& and likes the Stones? Then what?

There'd be need to find a cat that looks like someone worse - Stalin perhaps? I bet he'd like Led Zep more anyway.

Date: April 29, 2012 18:13

seitan
With Ted - I guess it´s like Motley Crue syndrome - they keep talking about their drug use: When nobody gives a shit about their music anymore...
I guess all that political nonsense is... the only thing that gives Ted Nugent a voice in the media...nobody gives a shit about his songs anymore. His political views are the only thing that keeps selling his crappy music. And that's why we talk about it.

You nailed that one. Gives 'being relevant' a new twist. A twisted twist but a twist regardless.

Date: April 29, 2012 18:15

mickscarey
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
mickscarey
Bill Maher wishing for the death of Dick Cheney

I can't think of one person who doesn't.

I rest my case. You nuts are all the same.

At least I, unlike you, am a nut with balls and a spine.

Date: April 29, 2012 18:16

letitloose
Anyway, Stranglehold is still amazing

Anyone care to disagree?

No. It is one of those songs... whoever that guy is that did Lunatic Fringe sort of captured the same essence that Stranglehold has, at least in the laidback parts.

Date: April 29, 2012 18:17

Fixed it for ya.

MJG196
It amazes me how so many of you think someone's intelligence or politics has something to do with their music. How many musicians that we love are (or were) violent? WTF does that have to do with musical ability?!

Why isn't anyone saying, "Mick Jagger - he's a total @#$%& that's unable to cut it as a solo artist." I wonder why - because that stuff is true, too.

As idiotic as the Nuge may be he has been able to sell a helluva lot more records on his own than all of the solo-Stones put together. So, one could argue that despite him being a violent, insane, stupid jerk, he is better than any other Stone who attempted to go solo.

As an aside, having a hit doesn't make one a good or bad musician. Hell, the Black Eyed Peas have had a bunch of hits.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 29, 2012 22:28

71Tele
As for the hunting, like I said, give the animals an equal chance and I'm all for it.

lol. Yeah it's not much sport with high powered rifles made these days. I am in agreement with you on this one. Just how to even up the scales is a bit of a difficult matter. When one deer can kill a couple thousand dollars of investment in one night, I have reasons to encourage hunting of these ubiquitous creatures. be well Tele. peace

Date: April 29, 2012 22:48

no. he's has always made uninteresting, sophmoric music. the lyrics are abysmal coupled with overly simplistic repetive guitar riffs. his music is, if anything, comically amusing, probably mainly because he's an ignorant redneck.

Date: April 30, 2012 00:03

pinkfloydthebarber
no. he's has always made uninteresting, sophmoric music. the lyrics are abysmal coupled with overly simplistic repetive guitar riffs. his music is, if anything, comically amusing, probably mainly because he's an ignorant redneck.

I agree. People that follow him don't know any better. Very low IQ. You can judge a person that go to Ted nugent concerts. Ignorant.
Don't forget the childish 2nd grade lyrics that he writes. He reminds me of a preacher that says give to the lord as he drives off in his BMW.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 30, 2012 00:32

More Hot Rocks
pinkfloydthebarber

I agree. People that follow him don't know any better. Very low IQ. You can judge a person that go to Ted nugent concerts. Ignorant.
Don't forget the childish 2nd grade lyrics that he writes. He reminds me of a preacher that says give to the lord as he drives off in his BMW.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't own a single Nugent record but you've got to remember, It's only Rock and Roll. And pleanty of ingnorant rednecks are happy to call thmeselves fans of the Rolling Stones. It takes all kinds to make the soup of life and music so, without knowing the man personally, I find no sense labeleling him anything other than a rock artist who had his day in the early 70's and has been trying to get back there ever since. A product of his environment then, and a rather mundane, ignorant, violent and shallow environment it was. lol peace

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 30, 2012 00:44

Naturalust
SwayStones
To come back to the music and Nugent as a guitarist :
Does it make sense to say that in my opinion -I am not a guitarist myself so I might not have a good grip -

71Tele or Naturalust or other guitarists on iorr ,please tell me what you think about :

Nugent is a "feel" type of player -loud ,hard and strong -but not technical and sure not a virtuoso - unlike Mick taylor -
Does " unsophisticated" could be appropriate ?

Your ear is intuitive in this case Sway. I couldn't describe his playing much better than that. Not much finesse. More LOUD balls to the wall rock and roll. Not so much about the musicianship, more about the show, the gimmicks, the drummer and his hair. Hard to even mention MT is the same sentence, they are miles apart. Nugent couldn't shime MT's shoes on a good day.

I love Mick Taylors playing and spirit. I am indifferent to Mr. Nugents playing and I think he sold his soul a long time ago.lol peace

I am glad you got me , Naturalust .
You're right ,I shouldn't have mentionned Mick Taylor on a Ted Nugent thread.
It was incrongrious .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: April 30, 2012 01:21

amusing thread - fun

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: April 30, 2012 01:53

More Hot Rocks
pinkfloydthebarber

another HATER

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: April 30, 2012 01:55

Send It To me
The only thing I've ever heard musically is Cat Scratch Fever and that Damn Yankees song, and they're both really, really lame.

Um Charles barkley - the #1 racist

Date: April 30, 2012 02:04

The oddest thing about this thread is reading how many posters here are so very very proud of themselves for hating Ted Nugent, that is very interesting.... people actually believing that they are superior because they hate someone and/or the music they make... using a razor blade determine where the line is that decides which rock music is good and which rock music is shit... Ask Clint Eastwood, he will tell you it is all shit.

again... here is a clue... it all only rock and roll...

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:31

Double Live Gonzo is the greatest live album of all time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-30 02:31 by shadooby.

Date: April 30, 2012 02:36

SAN ANTONIO ! ! SAN ANTONIO ! !

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:37

Intensities in 10 Cities is the greatest live album of all time!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home