Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 21
Re: OT : Any Ted Nugent fans here ?
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 26, 2012 11:21

Besides..... judging a book by its cover... are you kidding?

Nope, never a book, but very often when it comes to LPs and how the front-cover speaks to me...I'm sure I have missed a lot of good music on this...I'm no anti-Nugent-person, but he just don't looks cool to me...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 12:42

Come On
...I'm no anti-Nugent-person, but he just don't looks cool to me...

That's probably why, in some cases, he decided to opt for tasteful album covers like thus:

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 26, 2012 13:55

In the 1970's the music, the artist and the covers were very important.
There was an important and proportional relationship between music and album and single covers, as well as the musician's look.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 26, 2012 16:21

xke38
Come On
...I'm no anti-Nugent-person, but he just don't looks cool to me...

That's probably why, in some cases, he decided to opt for tasteful album covers like thus:

Here's the real artwork of a record a never listened to :

Maybe the project was just meant to create some buzz.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: April 26, 2012 16:38

More Hot Rocks
He would have alot of respect as a guitarist if he kpt his mouth shut. Now when someone mentions his name we don't think of Gibson Byrdland guitars we think of someone unstable. A lose cannon crackpot.

Right. HE needs to keep his mouth shut. But only because 99% of the people on this site are left leaning so do not agree with him so he needs to shut up. lame - and predictable.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: April 26, 2012 16:44

He got kicked out of the local catholic high school near where I grew up - st viator- all boys- for allegedly pissing over the balcony on to a nun.

True or not, seems like his behavior remained consistent throughout life.

Saw him many times in HS in mid 70s in Chicago area- great back then, got worse with the years

Date: April 26, 2012 16:46

mickscarey
More Hot Rocks
He would have alot of respect as a guitarist if he kpt his mouth shut. Now when someone mentions his name we don't think of Gibson Byrdland guitars we think of someone unstable. A lose cannon crackpot.

Right. HE needs to keep his mouth shut. But only because 99% of the people on this site are left leaning so do not agree with him so he needs to shut up. lame - and predictable.

I believe lots of "right-leaning" people would disagree with this nuthead as well...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 26, 2012 17:03

mickscarey
More Hot Rocks

If Ted Nugent is representative of the right wing in the U.S., the conservative movement is in more trouble than I thought...Again, I don't dislike him for his politics (such as they are), I dislike him because he is an idiot and a hypocrite.

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 17:03

I think he plays some nice melodic lead lines, but is such a huge @#$%& that I can't listen. His lyric work is a joke.

Date: April 26, 2012 17:04

Max'sKansasCity
Come On
not even one single album in my collection...I've always thought this guy looked phony on his album-sleeves...
Hate him or love him.... there is no phony in the man, WYSIWYG
Nugent has been saying and doing and acting consistantly for 50 years.

Besides..... judging a book by its cover... are you kidding?

Once again this turns ino another silly IORR thread where some "holier than thous" are deciding 30 years into the game what/who is valid or not valid, which bands are worthy or unworthy... which is blah blah blah.... it seems that very few on this site actually abide by its name. Its only rock and roll, nothing more or less..... no need for all the hate and pounding name calling "Butt Rock" ? really? really? Why not just skip the thread if you hate an artist so much?...why feel compelled/obligated to waste your precious time to bashing on them?... it makes no sense, do you really think you will change one fans mind? That is not gonna happen... either way... it is just silly.

Why not skip it? Because we discuss opinions here. No one is being "holier than thou". They simply express a different opinion than you. That's all it is, opinion and taste. I happen to think this person's "music" is dreadful and stupid. If you like it, great! If people feel compelled to ask the question in an OT thread if they are fans of a musician, they invite responses one way or another...I tolerate your posts, you should be able tolerate mine or others whom express contrary views to yours. It's only rock & roll, as you said.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-26 17:27 by 71Tele.

Date: April 26, 2012 17:20

He has been consistent is his views for years.

Date: April 26, 2012 17:23

mickscarey

Consistently stupid is still stupid. smoking smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 17:31

Great post tele!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 26, 2012 19:13

71Tele
mickscarey

Consistently stupid is still stupid. smoking smiley

Yeah here's a guy that says if you're not like him you shouln't be in the country. He's the last guy I'd want to be.

What's even worst is he wrote Scream Dream.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 26, 2012 19:46

71Tele
tomk
mickscarey
BS. He is conservative and that is why most people here dislike him. We all know THAT!

Plus he hunts - OMG - he hunts! How terrible.

True. Sad but true. From what I've read, Nugent had a student and medical deferment.
Lots of people did. My brother had a student deferment. Now, if you think my brother avoided the draft because of this, be VERY careful how you respond.
Also, I don't give a toss about Nugent, his music, or his guitar playing.
Never cared for it and never will.

Relax, nobody attacked your brother, and you're right: Lots of people had deferrments. The distinction I clearly made is people who used whatever opportunity to avoid service who later in life discovered they really enjoyed sending other people's kids to war, while also criticizing those who were opposed. It's blatant hypocrisy. Nugent is a blowhard who issued veiled - but empty - threats to assasinate the president, and made a big fool of himself in the process. You don't like a president or his policies? We have elections in this country for that. But no, that's not good enough for Nugent and his ilk. (Not that Mr. Nugent is capable of making a coherent political argument). They have to threaten or hint at violence.

That's the real complaint with guys like Nugent, Hannity, Cheney, is that they avoided service but they're more than happy to send your children to war to fight for them, while they enjoy the results. It began with the glorification of John Wayne, a guy who didn't even bother to serve in World War II. Jimmy Stewart and Clark Gable were the true heroes who put their lives and careers on the line. I guess the 'right wing' doesn't like this argument, because they never get it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 26, 2012 21:59

sweetcharmedlife
Hairball
shadooby
Not being political, but I'd love to see a bare knuckler between Nugent and Springsteen.

My money's on Ted, but hopefully they would beat the holy crap out of eachother with no man left standing.
And take you down with them.

After they use you as their punching bag for training.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: April 26, 2012 22:02

He loves the Stones, so he can't be all bad.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: April 26, 2012 22:24

LOVE Ted's sound, Damn Yankees was a mistake,
and I agree with the basics of his politics,
but he can be rather extreme.

Good point he made years ago was that he eschewed
drugs in search of women, whatever you make of that.
I laugh at his comment that he didn't know what
"Journey to the Center of Your Mind" was all about.
C'mon Ted, the cover for that album had bongs all
over it! Perty bad liar, Ted.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: April 26, 2012 23:00

Amboy Dukes had few good songs but Ted himself - what a total @#$%& idiot.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 26, 2012 23:10

... just have to chuckle...

Date: April 26, 2012 23:35

For those interested in how Mr. Macho Man got out of going to Vietnam, I quote directly from the Liveleak website:

"Nugent claims that 30 days before his Draft Board physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment."

And when he indulges in his "political" utterances or stupidly calls the president a traitor and threatens to kill him, he continues to "cake himself with excrement", metaphorically speaking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-26 23:36 by 71Tele.

Date: April 26, 2012 23:43

so we can quote you on this shit?

71Tele
For those interested in how Mr. Macho Man got out of going to Vietnam, I quote directly from the Liveleak website:

"Nugent claims that 30 days before his Draft Board physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment."

And when he indulges in his "political" utterances or stupidly calls the president a traitor and threatens to kill him, he continues to "cake himself with excrement", metaphorically speaking.

Date: April 26, 2012 23:45

typically when you are quoting, you should provide a link,
but if you dont have one, well, I understand.

btw- I wouldnt waste 5 seconds checking your stupid story without an easy link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-26 23:45 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 26, 2012 23:49

I used to like some of his music alot in the mid-late '70's...most people I knew did.
Stranglehold, Great White Buffalo, along with several other tunes are still great imo...including this one:

Classic rock!

Date: April 27, 2012 00:22

Max'sKansasCity

Ah, but I do: The story was in The Stranger newspaper in Seattle April 25 edition, page 7. Here's the link to the Liveleak website which was their source: [www.liveleak.com]

Anyone who indulges in violent rhetoric deserves to be called out. It's Nugent that's stupid, not the story, (which of course is not "my" story, contrary to what you say, I merely quoted it). Nugent is a bully, and he doesn't seem to know the difference between political advocacy and violent threats against leaders.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-27 00:31 by 71Tele.

Date: April 27, 2012 00:33

Max'sKansasCity
so we can quote you on this shit?

71Tele

Well, as I haven't made violent threats against anyone or covered myself in my own excrement to avoid military service I'm not sure what your point is, or what your question refers to.

I am not interested in another flame war with you. I don't care if you like Ted Nugent. Really. Enjoy.

Mr. Nugent isn't worth any more of my time. Have a nice day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-27 00:38 by 71Tele.

Date: April 27, 2012 00:36

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Ah, but I do: The story was in The Stranger newspaper in Seattle April 25 edition, page 7. Here's the link to the Liveleak website which was their source: [www.liveleak.com]

Anyone who indulges in violent rhetoric deserves to be called out. It's Nugent that's stupid, not the story, (which of course is not "my" story, contrary to what you say, I merely quoted it). Nugent is a bully, and he doesn't seem to know the difference between political advocacy and violent threats against leaders.

I looked... there is no quick info anywhere you provided... not to mention "The Stranger newspaper" is the source? eye rolling smileyplease.

Waste of time.

Date: April 27, 2012 00:40

Here's the precise link Max:

[www.liveleak.com]

Date: April 27, 2012 00:40

Right on. Sort of like:
1. Randy Rhodes - idiot radio host - endorsed shooting Bush
2, Bill Maher wishing for the death of Dick Cheney
3. Keith Halloran- A New Hampshire Democratic candidate - wishing that Sarah Palin was on a plane that crashed and killed all on board.
4. Nathan Tabor - a Tea Party person - punched in the face by a Democrat.

Like that? Right?

Date: April 27, 2012 00:41

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

I looked... there is no quick info anywhere you provided... not to mention "The Stranger newspaper" is the source? eye rolling smileyplease.

Waste of time.

It's in there. Believe what you want. The man's recent threats are public record. I call 'em as I see 'em. I don't think highly of people who violently threaten others, or who are so threatened by their political opponents being in power that they threaten violence - as he did very recently. You choose to not condemn that. Fine. I know where you stand. Let's move on, shall we?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2214
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home