Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 23:27

Tim2
Hello boys,

Indeed, pretty rare and most likely US (distr. into the blue & white London 1978 cs); Matrices are DR 35801-2 / DR 35802-5 Bell Sound SF 1H T;
I date this from the early 80s but this is pure guess.
I am pretty sure I have seen somewhere once the Last Time (long before Ebay) with this pattern as well, unfortunately have no proof to show.

Below is another obscure, very rarely seen mid-70s Canadian London label - JJF, PIB, and Satisfaction were reissued as such (dist. in b&w London CS as the green 'As Tears Go By' above).

Best

By the way, Boston, I would like to get in touch w/ you if you are into CDN 45s - feel free to write me.

Tim ~ your email is not published . You can send me a note though .

danholo9593@charter.net

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 16, 2012 21:14

Treacle: Wasn´t it you who searched for a mono boxed LiB?:
(Haven´t checked version or authencity against facts on Stones on Decca)

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2012 01:46

RobberBride
Treacle: Wasn´t it you who searched for a mono boxed LiB?:
(Haven´t checked version or authencity against facts on Stones on Decca)

[www.ebay.com]

Thanks RobberBride!

I'm a cheep b*stard though, so I'm only 'following it' for the moment!

Speaking of cheep, I went to a record fair yesterday...holy moly there were some good gets. I picked up a nearly mint version of the Bruce Springsteen 5 LP live set from the 80s, (1975-85), for $15.

I got a slew of other things as wel, 3 other 7 album box sets, for $5 each...records in mint condition...Bobby Darin, Frank Sinatra (a 3 album set and two individual records), 2 Nat King Cole 10 inch records, NM again. It was wild...can't even remember everything I bought, Wings Venus & Mars and Red Rose Speedway.

Picked up a NM with picture sleeve Miss You and a blue label canadian 'Heart of Stone' for $6 for the both of them. $5 for a NM Tumbling Dice in the tongue sleeve. I was there for hours!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 17, 2012 10:37

Wow! Thats quite a find!

Date: April 29, 2012 02:06

Aha ! this thread has reared it head again !!

Got this beauty today . Italian pressing .

Date: April 29, 2012 17:34

boston2006
Aha ! this thread has reared it head again !!

Got this beauty today . Italian pressing .

Everyone except Charlie wearing Beatle boots!

What sort of condition is the record in?

Just curious what sort of determination you use when deciding to pull the trigger and bid?

For me, generally speaking, I loathe writing on the sleeve or label. I usually don't bid on it if that's the case. I guess if it was something exceptionally rare I might, but for me, writing, especially someone's name, is a bit of a turnoff.

Date: April 30, 2012 14:16

The vinyl was pretty remarkable , as was the label . Sleeve had no damage whatsoever I was really happy with this one .

I bid on several factors . Rarity , condition , cleanliness and price .

Don't care for tattered sleeves or scatched up vinyl . A bit of writing is not so much a deterrent to me as you stated was one of your turnoffs .

After all back in the day I had a 45 metal box and I had numbered stickers on all the 45 s to coordinate with the index card . And don't forget when I went away to college we still had records so many people had the names discreetly placed on the jackets and or vinyl .

I generally set a max price I'll pay and that is as high as I'll go . I learned over time that that particular item will show up again in the future .

Date: May 1, 2012 02:42

boston2006
The vinyl was pretty remarkable , as was the label . Sleeve had no damage whatsoever I was really happy with this one .

I bid on several factors . Rarity , condition , cleanliness and price .

Don't care for tattered sleeves or scatched up vinyl . A bit of writing is not so much a deterrent to me as you stated was one of your turnoffs .

After all back in the day I had a 45 metal box and I had numbered stickers on all the 45 s to coordinate with the index card . And don't forget when I went away to college we still had records so many people had the names discreetly placed on the jackets and or vinyl .

I generally set a max price I'll pay and that is as high as I'll go . I learned over time that that particular item will show up again in the future .

I have the Italian "As Tears Go By" and maybe one or two others.

I'm very impressed with the breadth of your collection, geographically. I couldn't get my mind around doing that because as a 'completist', it would have driven me crazy trying to get ALL the releases from EVERY country.

I focussed on the US and UK mostly and then peppered in a few unique releases from other spots, ie Canadian 'Winning Ugly', French 'Hand of Fate', German 'Let it Rock', Japanese 'Precious Stones', stuff like that.

That still ends up being a lot, I can't imagine how big your collection probably is!

Posted by: Tim2 ()
Date: May 3, 2012 18:46

beautiful, kudos! these are pretty rare in such nice shape because of their thin paper...

Date: June 15, 2012 08:20

OK, been a while...thought I would go lime colour, in quasi honour of Keith's lemon trees (lemons/limes, tomato/tomahto). Rare for sure, but not official, so 'who cares'?

I'm quite positive this is some sort of bootleg, made to look like a RSR 45. An ep, with "Let it Rock" on side one, from 11/4/78 New Yor, and Exile Blues and "Keith Speaks" on side two. The interesting thing, yes, lime green, with cool black streaks...here you go:

Strictly speaking, I don't have a lot of this type of stuff, but I thought this was unique and interesting. Anyone else have anything like this?

Date: June 15, 2012 08:53

treaclefingers
OK, been a while...thought I would go lime colour, in quasi honour of Keith's lemon trees (lemons/limes, tomato/tomahto). Rare for sure, but not official, so 'who cares'?

I'm quite positive this is some sort of bootleg, made to look like a RSR 45. An ep, with "Let it Rock" on side one, from 11/4/78 New Yor, and Exile Blues and "Keith Speaks" on side two. The interesting thing, yes, lime green, with cool black streaks...here you go:

Strictly speaking, I don't have a lot of this type of stuff, but I thought this was unique and interesting. Anyone else have anything like this?

What is Keith saying?

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 15, 2012 14:49

its a boot,i believe my sleeve calls it "ass kickin time"

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: June 15, 2012 18:21

Never seen, nice record!

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: June 15, 2012 19:17

I will pay up to $1000 for a 78 rpm copy of It's All Over Now. Please contact me within 24 hours.

Date: June 15, 2012 21:07

mitchflorida1
I will pay up to $1000 for a 78 rpm copy of It's All Over Now. Please contact me within 24 hours.

Ok, here it is.
Will you pay me right now please?

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: June 15, 2012 21:51

steffiestones
mitchflorida1

Ok, here it is.

winking smiley

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: June 15, 2012 23:34

steffiestones
mitchflorida1

Ok, here it is.

Sorry, I need it to be on the London label. Thanks for checking. winking smiley

BTW, In countries outside of the U.S., 45s often had the smaller album-sized holes, e.g., Australia and New Zealand, or as in the United Kingdom, especially before the 1970s, the disc had a small hole within a circular central section held only by three or four "lands" so that it could be easily punched out if desired (typically for use in jukeboxes). In other words, that is really a 45rpm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-16 02:28 by mitchflorida1.

Date: June 16, 2012 03:55

mitchflorida1
steffiestones
mitchflorida1

Ok, here it is.

BTW, In countries outside of the U.S., 45s often had the smaller album-sized holes, e.g., Australia and New Zealand, or as in the United Kingdom, especially before the 1970s, the disc had a small hole within a circular central section held only by three or four "lands" so that it could be easily punched out if desired (typically for use in jukeboxes). In other words, that is really a 45rpm.

Isn't Mitch an absolute treasure!

Date: June 16, 2012 03:57

Bostonstranglerno9
treaclefingers

What is Keith saying?

OK, and this is embarrassing, I haven't even listened to it.

I will and will get back to you.

Date: June 16, 2012 10:26

treaclefingers
mitchflorida1
steffiestones
mitchflorida1

Ok, here it is.

Isn't Mitch an absolute treasure!

Yes , yes he is .

And treasure should remained buried , winking smiley

Date: June 19, 2012 04:27

OK, the UK debut album....sealed:

front

back

Now, while it is actually a sealed vinyl copy, it feels 'lighter' than the original release, and I suspect a later copy, still pressed as a DECCA. I would say it's rare because it is still sealed...can't be that many out there that are!

Date: June 27, 2012 16:40

Yes, a sealed debut album is rare! Congrats!

Date: June 27, 2012 16:53

steffiestones
Yes, a sealed debut album is rare! Congrats!

Thanks Stefaan.

It is perhaps an unanswerable question, but I wonder what an original still sealed 'The Rolling Stones' album would be worth, or if there are even any in existence. (with the short version of 'Tell Me'!)

I would also wonder what the oldest album still in existence is, that is still sealed?

You'd think someone would have collected some of the early ones. If I was Mick's dad, I would have kept a copy of every album unopened.

Date: June 27, 2012 16:58

If i be honest, i have seen no many sealed sixties albums on ebay, so i think they must be very rare. specially the debut album. If it is sealed, it is mint, so the value of a mint copy is always much higher than a used copy.

Date: June 27, 2012 17:03

My latest purchase. The Lord's Taverners Charity Album is the title usually given to an album produced by Decca in 1965, featuring 14 artists under the Decca label (Decca LK 4695). Decca itself advertised the album under the name of 14 Great Artists, while the name on the sleeve is 14 New Recordings. In the United States the album was released as England's Greatest Hitmakers.
The sleeve also carries this text:
"The profit from this record will be donated to the Lord Traverners for the National Playing Fields Association, together with the royalty which has been personally given by each of these famous artists."
This text is missing from the US version, which also has a more prominent title.
All songs were recorded specially for this album and had never been released before.
This is the regular mono copy with the sample mono test pressing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-27 17:04 by steffiestones.

Date: June 27, 2012 17:46

steffiestones
My latest purchase. The Lord's Taverners Charity Album is the title usually given to an album produced by Decca in 1965, featuring 14 artists under the Decca label (Decca LK 4695). Decca itself advertised the album under the name of 14 Great Artists, while the name on the sleeve is 14 New Recordings. In the United States the album was released as England's Greatest Hitmakers.
The sleeve also carries this text:
"The profit from this record will be donated to the Lord Traverners for the National Playing Fields Association, together with the royalty which has been personally given by each of these famous artists."
This text is missing from the US version, which also has a more prominent title.
All songs were recorded specially for this album and had never been released before.
This is the regular mono copy with the sample mono test pressing.

Wow, nice get. You obviously got the test pressing at a different time. Just beautiful.

I've seen the US version, England's Great Hitmaker's on Ebay, but never the UK version.

Date: June 27, 2012 17:52

Yep, i got the test pressing at a different time.
I think that the UK version is much rarer than the US version, England greatest hitmakers is easier to find than 14 great artist i guess.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 27, 2012 19:02

How much do you think this is worth?

Date: June 27, 2012 19:45

tumbled

How much do you think this is worth?

Offhand, because it is an opened copy, I'd ordinarily say between 15-20 dollars.

Because you have some sort of writing on the cover though, I'd take off ten dollars.

ha ha.

Sorry, not sure what 'authentic' signatures are actually worth!

anyone else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-27 19:46 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 27, 2012 19:58

I know I shouldn't have opened it up. At the time I didn't know vinyl would be available and I was just dying to hear it on a record. I don't even know the event that it was signed at, becuase I bought it on ebay for like $25.
Id love to know where it was signed by all 4. yet another stones mystery.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2194
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home