Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 11, 2012 17:19

Stoneage
Is there a renowned yearly Rolling Stones memorabilia auction somewhere in the world? If there isn't - shouldn't there be one?

Love the idea, but I imagine EBAY takes the wind out of those sails a bit.

Date: March 11, 2012 17:20

steffiestones
Don't know if it posted before, Love You Live promo sampler:

I've got two of those Stefaan...I also have a picture disc version of the same. Do you happen to know whether the picture disc version of this is an actual release, or a bootleg?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 11, 2012 17:22

The picture disc version is a bootleg.

Date: March 11, 2012 17:25

steffiestones
The picture disc version is a bootleg.

Thanks, I thought as much, as I've never seen it on an official list. It's still quite nice but generally I try to avoid 'collecting' the bootlegs. It isn't about the music itself, but just that I don't see the point in collecting a 'photocopy'. But that is just a personal opinion.

Date: March 11, 2012 17:32

Yes, i have stopped to collect bootlegs. On the other hand, some boots are very nice and collectable but the most boots are just interesting for the music.

Date: March 11, 2012 17:46

Speaking of bootlegs...I was just checking my two copies of the Mick Jagger Tom Donahue Interview album, I believe the first actual Rolling Stones Records release, and found they 'differed'. Upon closer inspection, one is on thinner vinyl and doesn't have any etchings in the runout groove...oh well.

Here are photos of the 'good' version:

Date: March 11, 2012 17:47

steffiestones
Yes, i have stopped to collect bootlegs. On the other hand, some boots are very nice and collectable but the most boots are just interesting for the music.

I've collected a few because they are 'interesting' but for the most part, I don't subscribe to the 'collectibility' of these.

Date: March 11, 2012 17:52

Yes, there are boots of the Mick Jagger Tom Donahue Interview.
There are 2 versions of this promo, one with yellow label and 1 with white label.
The white label is very difficult to find.

Date: March 11, 2012 17:57

steffiestones
Yes, there are boots of the Mick Jagger Tom Donahue Interview.
There are 2 versions of this promo, one with yellow label and 1 with white label.
The white label is very difficult to find.

A white label version?

I'm not sure whether I should thank you or curse you for that new information.

Date: March 11, 2012 18:01

There are copies with white label, i'm 100% positive of that! I have only seen one copie a couple of years ago. Very rare!

Date: March 11, 2012 18:14

steffiestones
There are copies with white label, i'm 100% positive of that! I have only seen one copie a couple of years ago. Very rare!

I can't help but think how excited Boston is going to get when he sees how many posts we've had on this thread already today.

Date: March 11, 2012 18:21

Here is the one with the white label, not from my collection, find the pic on the net.

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: March 11, 2012 20:56

... and here is mine :-)

indeed rare and very hard to find promo issue ...

Andreas

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 11, 2012 21:09

All this white label stuff has me 'ead spinning !

Or is it because I've just got back from the Worcester St Patricks Day Parade ?

Date: March 13, 2012 04:05

Exile On Main Street Blues...the flexi disc included in NME issue from 1972, I believe before the actual album was released:

I have 3 copies, two in a fairly scuffy VG state like the one on the left, and the other quite a bit nicer, the one on the right.
For those of you who might not know this...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-13 05:21 by treaclefingers.

Date: March 16, 2012 04:18

Goat's Head Soup Juke Box Single...vinyl is in exceptional condition, the label is quite good but is bubbling for some inexplicable reason. Had to bump up the contrast and brightness to see it better.

Side one contains Star Star and Hide Your Love

Side two contains Can You Hear The Music and 100 Years Ago

Date: March 16, 2012 12:50

"the label is quite good but is bubbling "

The same thing on my copy . Must be a common occurence with these .

Date: March 16, 2012 13:53

My latest acquisition .........

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 16, 2012 14:29

Yawn! another ballad from Pauly....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: dannyhowells ()
Date: March 16, 2012 15:06

Probably not rare but a definite keeper, and it such beautiful condition..

Again, not that rare but the most amazing example of near mint I've seen on this..

Found this one a while back at rather a low price in Amoeba..

Date: March 16, 2012 15:15

Damn, just seen another Japanese "Bleed" on ebay .. this one's a gatefold though and mine isn't!
[www.ebay.com]

Date: March 16, 2012 16:02

boston2006

Not aware even of the existence of this! How did you come across this? I see it is a sort of jazz album...what does it sound like?

Date: March 16, 2012 16:06

dannyhowells
Probably not rare but a definite keeper, and it such beautiful condition..

Again, not that rare but the most amazing example of near mint I've seen on this..

Found this one a while back at rather a low price in Amoeba..

Loverly! Thanks for sharing Danny...and with regards to the 'other' Japanese Let it Bleed...don't worry, now you have another one to shoot for!

The last one you have there is interesting....is it a bootleg? I have a few bootlegs made to look like official releases...the fact that it is on coloured vinyl leaves me suspicious as well.

Thanks!

Date: March 16, 2012 16:35

Thanks Treacle .. yeah, I think the coloured vinyl makes it look somewhat dubious although I'm not entirely sure.
I picked it up along with the yellow label Mick Jagger interview a while back and it was around 40 dollars.

Date: March 16, 2012 16:48

dannyhowells
Thanks Treacle .. yeah, I think the coloured vinyl makes it look somewhat dubious although I'm not entirely sure.
I picked it up along with the yellow label Mick Jagger interview a while back and it was around 40 dollars.

Great buy for the two of them! You may have read a bit earlier in the thread that I have two of those MJ interviews, and discovered one of them is a bootleg.

You can tell by the fact there are no etchings in the vinyl, in the runout groove on the bootleg.

Date: March 16, 2012 16:58

I saw that .. I checked and I do have etchings smiling smiley

I've definitely found better bargains when shopping in stores (normally American ones) than ebay etc.
That pristine copy of No.2 was only about 20 dollars .. it was so immaculate I actually thought it was a re-press at first!

Date: March 16, 2012 17:02

dannyhowells
I saw that .. I checked and I do have etchings smiling smiley

I've definitely found better bargains when shopping in stores (normally American ones) than ebay etc.
That pristine copy of No.2 was only about 20 dollars .. it was so immaculate I actually thought it was a re-press at first!

Yes, I think that you can definitely find better deals offline, as the seller isn't always aware of the 'market price' which EBAY has a way of making far more efficient.

With that said, your copy of No. 2 has a 'box' around the word DECCA, which means it is a later repressing, probably from the late 60's/early 70's when they switched from the unboxed DECCA on the label, to the boxed version (starting with the album Let It Bleed, which started in unboxed, and switched to boxed).

It is still a beautiful representation though and over 40 years old!

Date: March 16, 2012 17:27

I managed to get unboxed of almost every album up to Let It Bleed .. although some of the prices people were asking for records in only fair/good condition was outrageous. Took a long time to get a semi-decent collection together, although there's still a few I'd love to "upgrade" at some point.
Re: Let it Bleed .. I remember reading somewhere (maybe Stones Vikings) that this is the only album where the boxed mono is rarer than the unboxed? Don't know if that's right, but the boxed mono was another shop bargain although the poster was a bit tatty.

Date: March 16, 2012 18:48

dannyhowells
I managed to get unboxed of almost every album up to Let It Bleed .. although some of the prices people were asking for records in only fair/good condition was outrageous. Took a long time to get a semi-decent collection together, although there's still a few I'd love to "upgrade" at some point.
Re: Let it Bleed .. I remember reading somewhere (maybe Stones Vikings) that this is the only album where the boxed mono is rarer than the unboxed? Don't know if that's right, but the boxed mono was another shop bargain although the poster was a bit tatty.

Yes, I've read that as well...although it doesn't seem to sell for as much on EBAY as the unboxed does. Very good get by the way! The boxed and unboxed MONO Let it Bleed have eluded me to this point. I just can't bring myself to spend that far North of $200 for a slab of vinyl...at least yet.

A record fair this weekend...maybe I'll get lucky!

Date: March 16, 2012 19:36

treaclefingers
boston2006

Not aware even of the existence of this! How did you come across this? I see it is a sort of jazz album...what does it sound like?

I had read about it somewhere along the line . It's pretty rare as it was not a big seller . I got it on ebay of course for$ 24.50 including s/h . A really great buy as far as I'm concerned because of it rarity . I haven't heard it yet , it's on the way from the Netherlands .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home