Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 7, 2012 23:46

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-08 00:23 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: February 8, 2012 00:28

Nope, but I'm not sure I like what you're suggesting.

Date: February 8, 2012 00:40

Hillside Blues
Nope, but I'm not sure I like what you're suggesting.

Just that Main Offender was probably a low priority.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 8, 2012 02:01

Hillside Blues
Boston man... you got 50 pink Miss You's but you ain't got no Main Offender?

Wow , always a critic in the crowd . I spent about 7 hours doing this list up . I missed one or two ............ Excuse me !

Date: February 8, 2012 02:31

boston2006
Hillside Blues

Wow , always a critic in the crowd . I spent about 7 hours doing this list up . I missed one or two ............ Excuse me !

And I was going to castigate you for including 'solo' stuff in a RARE Stones vinyl thread but I think you've suffered enough!

Incidentally, and while we're on that topic, do you, or does anyone have an opinion (or Fact) on what is the rarest SOLO vinyl by a Stones band member past, present (or future)?

Date: February 8, 2012 02:49

treaclefingers
boston2006
Hillside Blues

And I was going to castigate you for including 'solo' stuff in a RARE Stones vinyl thread but I think you've suffered enough!

Incidentally, and while we're on that topic, do you, or does anyone have an opinion (or Fact) on what is the rarest SOLO vinyl by a Stones band member past, present (or future)?

Has Mick Taylors ' Shadowman " ever been released on vinyl ?

Date: February 8, 2012 02:53

boston2006
treaclefingers
boston2006
Hillside Blues

Isn't that by Andy Gibb...or am I thinking of something else?

Date: February 8, 2012 03:17

treaclefingers
boston2006
treaclefingers
boston2006
Hillside Blues

Isn't that by Andy Gibb...or am I thinking of something else?

Scan of the CD ... you tell me

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: February 8, 2012 05:33

treaclefingers
boston2006
Hillside Blues

You two obviously can't take a joke.

The rarest solo album from a stones member would have to be Ronnie's "I Feel Like Playing"

Posted by: Tim2 ()
Date: February 8, 2012 16:18

Hi Boston,

These are rooms to spend some time in!
About the Age d'or, I would say a complete set of 25 singles for $500 is not crazy at all these days.

Belgium labels have 129/ or 129- catalogue numbers on labels. Do you have any?
French ones have 2 types of rim lines (one, in English, ends by 'made in france').

I am interested to know all variations that exist for each volume of these series.

Best

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: February 8, 2012 18:13

This is L'age D'or Belgium label but i don't see any 129/ or 129- catalogue numbers on labels?

Date: February 8, 2012 22:18

Tim2
Hi Boston,

These are rooms to spend some time in!
About the Age d'or, I would say a complete set of 25 singles for $500 is not crazy at all these days.

Belgium labels have 129/ or 129- catalogue numbers on labels. Do you have any?
French ones have 2 types of rim lines (one, in English, ends by 'made in france').

I am interested to know all variations that exist for each volume of these series.

Best

Thanks for your scan Stefaan...

I'm curious if anyone can tell me why the immense interest in this series...is there anything about it that makes it particularly 'collectible'. I have to admit I was aware of the series, but totally unaware of it's apparent 'collectibility'.

As a French or Belgian reissue series, it seems to command a higher value than the original UK/US releases. (with some very notable exceptions of course).

What gives?

Date: February 14, 2012 11:11

Hi Stefan,

Well, you have the wrong record in this sleeve (mind the catalogue numbers - the GHP series are different from the Age D'Or series).
The cover should be this one:

to 'treaclefingers' :
what makes these series collectibles are that most PS are using unique pictures; some versions are slightly different mixes; the fact that it is a collection of 25 volumes in itself also of course;
There is no 'immense interest' into the Age D'or series, but they are collectable indeed. I just opened the topic to know about labels variations I have interest in but have not heard from anyone on this yet.
As far as comparing with the UK/US original values: a global answer is that many foreign PS command higher values indeed because they generally were made in much lesser quantities, and/or have different designs. As far as sound, an original of 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' from the UK may be around $10-15, but it will always sounds the best (far better than US pressings btw).

Best,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 11:16 by Tim2.

Posted by: Carster ()
Date: February 14, 2012 13:25

Tim2
[...] [Age D'or series] some versions are slightly different mixes [...]

Would you please enlarge on this?

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: February 14, 2012 14:09

Carster
Tim2

Yes, please!
This is previously unknown, I think...

Date: February 15, 2012 00:42

Hey all !

Don't know if anyone is interested , just spotted a rarity on ebay that someone here may want . I've already got my copy so here's a heads up for you .

[www.ebay.com]

Date: February 15, 2012 01:02

Tim2
Hi Stefan,

Well, you have the wrong record in this sleeve (mind the catalogue numbers - the GHP series are different from the Age D'Or series).

to 'treaclefingers' :
what makes these series collectibles are that most PS are using unique pictures; some versions are slightly different mixes; the fact that it is a collection of 25 volumes in itself also of course;
There is no 'immense interest' into the Age D'or series, but they are collectable indeed. I just opened the topic to know about labels variations I have interest in but have not heard from anyone on this yet.
As far as comparing with the UK/US original values: a global answer is that many foreign PS command higher values indeed because they generally were made in much lesser quantities, and/or have different designs. As far as sound, an original of 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' from the UK may be around $10-15, but it will always sounds the best (far better than US pressings btw).

Best,

Thanks Tim...I guess it is simply a supply and demand thing then...that and the cool cover art.

Date: February 15, 2012 01:04

boston2006
Hey all !

Don't know if anyone is interested , just spotted a rarity on ebay that someone here may want . I've already got my copy so here's a heads up for you .

[www.ebay.com]

GOT IT!

A bit pricey, what they're asking for don't you think? Or maybe I got a REALLY good deal? I'm sure I don't have to ask Boston, but you haven't opened yours, have you? winking smiley

Date: February 15, 2012 10:43

treaclefingers
boston2006
Hey all !

[www.ebay.com]

GOT IT!

A bit pricey, what they're asking for don't you think? Or maybe I got a REALLY good deal? I'm sure I don't have to ask Boston, but you haven't opened yours, have you? winking smiley

Probably a bit pricey but you gotta do what you gotta do .

And yes mine is still sealed .

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: February 15, 2012 12:04

Tim2
Hi Stefan,

to 'treaclefingers' :

Best,

Thanks for the info Tim! You'right, wrong record.

Date: February 15, 2012 21:12

I may have posted this before , my mind is failing !!

Notice the spelling error on the sleeve and a different spelling error on the vinyl

A 2 for 1 screw up !

Date: February 16, 2012 00:39

boston2006
I may have posted this before , my mind is failing !!

Notice the spelling error on the sleeve and a different spelling error on the vinyl

A 2 for 1 screw up !

That's wild...they even have the Picture Sleeve 'perforated' (or at least, dashed lines) for you to be able to cut out your own jukebox label.

Are all the L'Age D'or singles like that?

Date: February 16, 2012 10:41

Hey treacle ~

This is not from the L'Age D'or singles series .

Look at the right side of the vinyl and you'll see it's from Golden Hit Parade series

Date: February 16, 2012 14:48

Carster
Tim2

Another myth was ready to be born. Tim2, you almost got it made.

Date: February 16, 2012 17:22

boston2006
Hey treacle ~

This is not from the L'Age D'or singles series .

Look at the right side of the vinyl and you'll see it's from Golden Hit Parade series

Good lord, how many reissue series are the Belgians responsible for anyway?

Date: February 18, 2012 11:55

Belgians sometimes used different plates than French for the pressing of these series. Therefore, 'Get Off Of My Cloud' [vol.9] or 'Love In Vain' [vol.22] offer different versions. Exactly how/what, I'd have to listen and compare which am unfortunately unable to do at the moment.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: February 18, 2012 12:27

Don't forget that the Belgian series presents some live versions, instead of the studio ones used in France, and that some of them (Midnight Rambler) were shortened to fit the 7" lenght...
My 2 cts, Luca

Date: February 18, 2012 22:32

Carster
Carster
Tim2

Another myth was ready to be born. Tim2, you almost got it made.

Tim2
[...]I'd have to listen and compare which am unfortunately unable to do at the moment.

A true classic. So very convenient.

Gentlemen, I give you the art of myth making.

Date: February 19, 2012 02:38

Got this a while back...anyone know if it's valuable??

and here's the flip side:

ps...not sure if I mentioned, it is the CD... drinking smiley

Date: February 19, 2012 10:59

What a tease !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home