Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 17, 2012 18:00

My latest purchase; Rolling Stones No.2 export to the US with paste over Decca logo, very rare!

This info comes from Jan's Decca page (www.stonesondecca.com):
...a large quantity of English pressed singles and albums started making their way into the US record stores. But this affected many labels, many Beatles records appeared but the labels were not covered (there was no Parlophone label in the US), but all the Stones records had these colored papers on them.
There is a Decca label in the USA, but it has no connection with the British label. As we all know, the Stones weren't signed to Decca, they were signed to London in US. I guess the importers covered up whatever Logo or copyright they could possibly infringe upon...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2012 18:11

Thanks for that Boston!

Date: March 17, 2012 18:14

steffiestones
My latest purchase; Rolling Stones No.2 export to the US with paste over Decca logo, very rare!

...a large quantity of English pressed singles and albums started making their way into the US record stores. But this affected many labels, many Beatles records appeared but the labels were not covered (there was no Parlophone label in the US), but all the Stones records had these colored papers on them.
There is a Decca label in the USA, but it has no connection with the British label. As we all know, the Stones weren't signed to Decca, they were signed to London in US. I guess the importers covered up whatever Logo or copyright they could possibly infringe upon...

Wild Stefaan...what are the matrix numbers? Does this mean these were amongst the first pressings? How did they handle the logo on the sleeve itself, and is this the blindman text sleeve?

thanks

Date: March 17, 2012 18:17

I have for the moment no info of the sleeve or matrixnumbers, i have still not received the record. Soon i received the record, i let it know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-17 18:18 by steffiestones.

Date: March 17, 2012 18:21

My little 'homage' to Keith...what a quirky little 45 this was...Run Rudolph Run backed with the superb Jimmy Cliff's 'The Harder They Come' (a MAGNIFICENT soundtrack from '73 I think, and beautiful reggae sampler).

I didn't realize I actually had 6 copies of this, all in near mint condition. 2 picture sleeves. One is a Japanese pressing and one is a 'white/blue' label double sided 'Run Rudolph Run' promo.

Here is the track...comments on it say it all!

Here is the flip side:

Date: March 17, 2012 18:22

Nice!

Date: March 17, 2012 18:22

steffiestones
I have for the moment no info of the sleeve or matrixnumbers, i have still not received the record. Soon i received the record, i let it know.

I apologize for my overenthusiastic interrogation! smileys with beer

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: March 17, 2012 22:43

treaclefingers
steffiestones

Wild Stefaan...what are the matrix numbers? Does this mean these were amongst the first pressings? How did they handle the logo on the sleeve itself, and is this the blindman text sleeve?

thanks

Please go to my stonesondecca page. You can see pictures of the sleeve as well.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page:

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: March 17, 2012 23:20

Jan Richards
treaclefingers
steffiestones

thanks

Please go to my stonesondecca page. You can see pictures of the sleeve as well.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page:

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Thanks Jan...so they 'creatively' used black tape for the album sleeve as opposed to red tape for the label.

Date: March 18, 2012 11:46

Hi Jan, the pic on your decca page is from the Out of our Heads album. This record is Rolling Stones No.2. I wonder of the word decca on the sleeve is also pasted. As seen on the ebay page, it's not pasted on the frontsleeve, maybe on the backsleeve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-18 11:59 by steffiestones.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 14:47

Got this yesterday

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: March 18, 2012 16:15

boston2006
Got this yesterday

Hope you did not pay much for this, it's not an original one - it seems to be a pirat bootleg of one of the rarest Germany Club issues with a great cover photo shot (can be identified on the too perfect cover on your foto -original is very thin and got creased very quick- and the label color and structure). I have the original one, so I can estimate this (will send a pic when at home froma current business trip).

Unfortunately you see very often these kind copies nowadays at ebay, currently also a Promotional album fake is listed ... ( a shame )

I'm really sorry for giving this message to you, but I think you should know this ...

Andreas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-18 16:21 by arc-angel.

Date: March 18, 2012 17:52

My two versions of Out Of Our Heads export album:

Export to Europe open grooved decca, matrix 2L/2L

Export to the US London FFRR label made in England by the Decca co, Matrix 1L/2L.

Date: March 18, 2012 18:26

arc-angel
boston2006
Got this yesterday

Hope you did not pay much for this, it's not an original one - it seems to be a pirat bootleg of one of the rarest Germany Club issues with a great cover photo shot (can be identified on the too perfect cover on your foto -original is very thin and got creased very quick- and the label color and structure). I have the original one, so I can estimate this (will send a pic when at home froma current business trip).

Unfortunately you see very often these kind copies nowadays at ebay, currently also a Promotional album fake is listed ... ( a shame )

I'm really sorry for giving this message to you, but I think you should know this ...

Andreas

Thanks ~ Only paid $20.00 for it . I didn't have a copy so I figured what the hell .

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: March 18, 2012 21:03

steffiestones
Hi Jan, the pic on your decca page is from the Out of our Heads album. This record is Rolling Stones No.2. I wonder of the word decca on the sleeve is also pasted. As seen on the ebay page, it's not pasted on the frontsleeve, maybe on the backsleeve.

Hi Steffie. Yes I noticed that your copy is a No2. I found it also on the bay but you had already pressed the buy it now buttonsmiling smiley Othervise I would have done the same!

Actually most of the early Decca UK LP's can be found with the red sickers on the labels. Same pattern on all of them. Red tape on all of them.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: March 18, 2012 21:12

boston2006
arc-angel
boston2006
Got this yesterday

Andreas

Thanks ~ Only paid $20.00 for it . I didn't have a copy so I figured what the hell .

I did the same thing for an obvious 'Promotional Album' fake, for $25....it's a ripoff, but sometimes you just gotta say, WTF!

BY THE WAY...just got back from a record event and bought me a few great albums, including NM original Canadian versions of Big Hits 1 (maroon BOXED London FFRR) and two (octaganal - black boxed London). Also a John Mayall & Blues Breakers original from '67 and a blue vinyl Elvis Presley 'Moody Blue'. All in NM condition. Picked up some others...more classical and jazz stuff as well. Nice way to spend a Sunday morning!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-18 23:15 by treaclefingers.

Date: March 18, 2012 21:23

steffiestones
My two versions of Out Of Our Heads export album:

Export to Europe open grooved decca, matrix 2L/2L

Export to the US London FFRR label made in England by the Decca co, Matrix 1L/2L.

I have two copies of the MONO FFRR in exceptinal condition, a NM copy of the DECCA stereo unboxed (UK version) and a still sealed London, which has a stereo pasteover the mono cover...not sure if that happens to have any additional value. I'll try and dig out and post the photos.

I don't have the DECCA made for export market (US cover you've shown).

Date: March 19, 2012 01:28

Welcome to the Voodoo Lounge!

ok, this is one of two copies I have, this one is sealed...I do have a question about it though, re: sticker on the back:

Here is a close up shot...the sticker says 'Marketed By Caroline'. What I wondered or if anyone happened to know, is does this sticker make it rarer? The first one I bought didn't have this, and I had heard that this was a rare version. I have no idea if that is the truth.

Date: March 19, 2012 01:47

OK, the first time I'd like to go 'outside' the vinyl paradigm, and show you this very rare CD...Brian Jone Pipes of Pan deluxe reissue from 1995. I was flipping through the stones CD racks in the mid-90's and see this brown box...it says "Brian Jones Pipe of Pan..."...I couldn't believe it. I wasn't even aware they were going to reissue. It was the only copy, and I haven't seen it anywhere since....here are some shots, just a beautifully done package:

In this first shot, the brown box with title, over top of the gold on red velvet outside cover, housing 2 CD's and a 20-30 page booklet (didn't count the pages) relaying the history.

There are two CD's, the second one containing remixes of all things. The music is beautiful and the whole thing was very well done. I think this is much rarer than the vinyl...I just did an ebay check and only saw two for sale, both for well over $100. Did anyone else pick this one up when it first came out, or since?

Date: March 21, 2012 01:27

Treacle ~~~ That's one cool cd , never saw that before ! besides vinyl I collect Reel to Reel tapes , 8 tracks , cassettes and cds , so if you ever see another please snag it for me .... thanks in advance !

Date: March 21, 2012 07:27

boston2006
Treacle ~~~ That's one cool cd , never saw that before ! besides vinyl I collect Reel to Reel tapes , 8 tracks , cassettes and cds , so if you ever see another please snag it for me .... thanks in advance !

Interesting isn't it?! Mine is the only one I've seen in 17 years, until I EBAY searched it. I saw two there one for $125 and the other for $199...I think both were unsealed.

Usually unless something is pretty rare, you can find lots of copies on EBAY so makes me think this one is pretty hard to come by. If I hadn't been in HMV on that day I might never known it existed either. Good luck!

Date: March 21, 2012 10:19

Yes, nice cd, also never seen!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 21, 2012 10:54

I have just pasted over the Decca logo on my 'The Rolling Stones' No2 on red label...Am I rich now?

2 1 2 0

Date: March 21, 2012 11:01

Come On
I have just pasted over the Decca logo on my 'The Rolling Stones' No2 on red label...Am I rich now?

Please; go to another thread, this one is for serious collectors.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: March 21, 2012 12:28

Jajouka

I'm a lucky guy, I have bought the US limited 2CD edition special package, the japanse 2CD in jewel case, and the european 1CD edition when they were released, in 1995.

two US special package for sale

[cgi.ebay.fr]
[cgi.ebay.fr]

Date: March 21, 2012 13:42

LiveAtHidepark
Jajouka

I'm a lucky guy, I have bought the US limited 2CD edition special package, the japanse 2CD in jewel case, and the european 1CD edition when they were released, in 1995.

two US special package for sale

[cgi.ebay.fr]
[cgi.ebay.fr]

Holy Jajouka's you are a lucky guy!

Thanks for the additional info...I didn't know they had different releases as well, for japan and europe. The two ebay links you posted, those are also the ones I was referring to.

I wonder how many of these were actually printed and sold, and why there aren't more on ebay?

Date: March 21, 2012 14:22

steffiestones
Come On

Please; go to another thread, this one is for serious collectors.

Yep, and this was a serious post in the form of both a joke and a question:
Isn't it easy to self-pasting the Decca label? In what way is it clear that it is the record-company that made it?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: March 21, 2012 14:23

here are the japanese and european releases. note that the european release (made in germany) is ONE CD only, while the japanese release is TWO CD, same contents as US release.

Date: March 21, 2012 14:28

A couple of years I run over this Jajouka album on vinyl, but they wanted 600 swedish crowns for (86$) it so I said no. Isn't vinyl more valuable (harder to get) than CDs?

2 1 2 0

Date: March 21, 2012 14:48

Come On
A couple of years I run over this Jajouka album on vinyl, but they wanted 600 swedish crowns for (86$) it so I said no. Isn't vinyl more valuable (harder to get) than CDs?

Normally you are right. There are always exceptions to the rule though, and although I'm not positive this Jajouka CD set is 'worth' more than the vinyl, based on only 2 EBAY listings with no bids, the fact that there are only two listings might lead one to suspect as much.

Anyway, that's why I posted the pix...because I came across it in my collection and thought it was fairly unique!

Regarding your 'tape' observations...the whole period of 1963-64 for Rolling Stones releases is very convoluted and a bit mysterious, which makes for very interesting collecting.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home